new gears of war 2 glitch? WOW im not playing this anymore

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Darcstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Darcstudios
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

was on gardian, the other team had 2 gardians, and i killed there gardian 3 times in one match, as they somehow managed to spawn a new gardian when ever they wanted and could spawn sheilds aswell, if this is what online gaming is going to be about im not paying M$ £40 a year for people to be cheating like that im an unhappy customer M$ what you gona do about it? nothing as usual

Game-reviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Game-reviews
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

You do realise it's just a game and you're paying to have fun right?

Darcstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Darcstudios
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Game-reviews

hows it fun when you cant even have a chance at winning because everyone use host bridging lagging out games, re-spawning on will? its like saying lets have a race but ill start half way through the race

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I gave up on that game a long time ago. Here's hoping Gears 3 is a bit more polished.

d-high29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 d-high29
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

Does it take any of you guys a really long time to find a match because i was waiting for 10 mins and i still didnt get in a match

Snrm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Snrm007
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts
Uh 2 things Lag happens somtimes =/ And just wait for TU3 for Gears of war 2 there fixing so much things!
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
man i cant believe that game is still being talked about quit the game and sell it thats what i did
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
play the 1st thats what i do
EvilShark94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EvilShark94
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts

they wernt cheating its a glitch in the game, it happened to me before

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

My only problem with online is that yuo have to multi-task to get a kill. It's like, throw a grenade and hope it stuns the person, then shoot the person 20 times, then melee them twice. Congrats, you get a kill.

Too much hoopla for me. The single player is the best around though.

-Rivfader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 -Rivfader-
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

Besides Horde mode the multiplayer in Gears 2 is quite lackluster compared to Gears 1, and I know alot of people get tired of hearing this but in Gears 3 I hope they remove the stupid stun from the damn smoke nades.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Besides Horde mode the multiplayer in Gears 2 is quite lackluster compared to Gears 1, and I know alot of people get tired of hearing this but in Gears 3 I hope they remove the stupid stun from the damn smoke nades.

-Rivfader-

The only part of Gears 3 I'm interested in now, is the campaign. I don't think I'm even gonna bother with Gears 3 multiplayer. It'll be the same thing Epic has always done: Release the game full of bugs, take a full year to patch said bugs...if at all.

No thanks.

Like I said, Epic isn't getting any more of my money. I'll find means of playing the Gears 3 campaign, without paying.

s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts

was on gardian, the other team had 2 gardians, and i killed there gardian 3 times in one match, as they somehow managed to spawn a new gardian when ever they wanted and could spawn sheilds aswell, if this is what online gaming is going to be about im not paying M$ £40 a year for people to be cheating like that im an unhappy customer M$ what you gona do about it? nothing as usual

Darcstudios
you should be angry with Epic and not MS
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts

I quit playing Gears online since gears 1.. it got to where it was the same crap over and over, shot gun kill, camping, shot gun camping, and now its grenade to wall Boom and just boring.. I'm glad that the majority of the achievements can be done offline.. I have more than half of them, but the online it just nothing to me. and there always will be cheaters

-Rivfader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Rivfader-
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

[QUOTE="Snrm007"]Uh 2 things Lag happens somtimes =/ And just wait for TU3 for Gears of war 2 there fixing so much things!Dredg11

Yeah...because Title Updates 1 and 2 fixed so many problems :roll:

I gave Epic a chance to fix it. They didn't. So I sold my copy, and I won't be picking up Gears 3. Instead, I'll borrow my friend's modded 360 and play the campaign that way. Since I can't depend on Epic to give me a multiplayer worth paying for, I won't...

Yeah I only really like the campaigns as well. I have better memories of the first Gears playing co-op with buds then I do dealing with the chitlins on live.

I have been saying Epic has gone down hill since UT 2003. Just look at that giant turd they laid called UT 3.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

I quit playing Gears online since gears 1.. it got to where it was the same crap over and over, shot gun kill, camping, shot gun camping, and now its grenade to wall Boom and just boring.. I'm glad that the majority of the achievements can be done offline.. I have more than half of them, but the online it just nothing to me. and there always will be cheaters

Trogeton
Yea I have a question about cheaters on GeoW 1, wouldn't it be considered cheating when you have a good group of guys that own the other team and when you start a game they all just "happen" to appear on the same match and they wait for you to fill in the other side so they can be on the same team over and over again?
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dredg11

[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

[QUOTE="Snrm007"]Uh 2 things Lag happens somtimes =/ And just wait for TU3 for Gears of war 2 there fixing so much things!-Rivfader-

Yeah...because Title Updates 1 and 2 fixed so many problems :roll:

I gave Epic a chance to fix it. They didn't. So I sold my copy, and I won't be picking up Gears 3. Instead, I'll borrow my friend's modded 360 and play the campaign that way. Since I can't depend on Epic to give me a multiplayer worth paying for, I won't...

Yeah I only really like the campaigns as well. I have better memories of the first Gears playing co-op with buds then I do dealing with the chitlins on live.

I have been saying Epic has gone down hill since UT 2003. Just look at that giant turd they laid called UT 3.

Meh...UT 3 wasn't bad as far as UT games are concerned. What's changed is that people don't like those types of games anymore. Hyper-speed FSP and consoles don't go hand in hand.

Epic does suck though. There's no way they can ignore what's being about Gears 2...yet they manage to turn a blind eye pretty easily...

wwemrich94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wwemrich94
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i like the gears 2 multiplayer. apparently i dont have as many problems as other people for some reason, though. of course there are things i want epic to fix, but the multiplayer itself is still pretty fun-in my opinion. the only problem i really ever experience is people with standby switches, it pisses me off so much.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I'm glad i'm almost done with the achievements.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

[QUOTE="Trogeton"]

moose_knuckler

Yea I have a question about cheaters on GeoW 1, wouldn't it be considered cheating when you have a good group of guys that own the other team and when you start a game they all just "happen" to appear on the same match and they wait for you to fill in the other side so they can be on the same team over and over again?

how is it cheating to play with your friends on the same team?

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Darcstudios
It's not every game, so why would you stop paying for XBL? There's plenty of other stuff MS offers through their service. I've had great experiences with other games. Gears, for some reason, attracts people like that. That's why I stopped playing Gears 1 and only play Gears 2 with friends. Honestly, I haven't touched Gears 2 in awhile. Also, it has nothing to do with MS, it's an Epic game. Epic needs to do something about.
l33isb345t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 l33isb345t
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

I think that people cheat because they are frustrated and just cant take it and use lagswitches and stuff.

But in this case its just a glitch, not a cheat lol.

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

Darcstudios
Guardian is spelled with a U,
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sixgears2
[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

[QUOTE="moose_knuckler"][QUOTE="Trogeton"]

how is it cheating to play with your friends on the same team?

I'm pretty sure what you just described is called matchmaking. They "somehow" manage to be on the same team over and over again because they join games as a party, which you are supposed to do if you want to play with friends. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you are against being able to play with your team, which makes no sense for a cooperative team-based shooter.
KingDridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KingDridge
Member since 2008 • 321 Posts
He said Gears 1. Not two. There was no matchmaking in gears 1 You had to hope to find your friend in a round... so technically it kinda is cheating-- I did it.. But if you look at the way he is, it could be considered cheating.. but thats stupid
l33isb345t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 l33isb345t
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

I wouldnt consider it cheating, even though it IS intented for randoms, but just because your playing with friends doesnt mean its actually cheating like crab walking,lag switching,kung fu flipping etc.

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sixgears2
He said Gears 1. Not two. There was no matchmaking in gears 1 You had to hope to find your friend in a round... so technically it kinda is cheating-- I did it.. But if you look at the way he is, it could be considered cheating.. but thats stupidKingDridge
Ah, yes, misread the post. thanks for the correction.
M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts

Are you sure your not overreacting? I think the other team just all played as there leader to confuse you, i mean if microsoft saw this happening on this server, they would of done something. Either your stupid or you just want to startanother WTF Gears of war 2 thread.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Honestly, complaining to us won't change a thing. If you're getting annoyed with the game, don't play it.

MayCryDevil4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MayCryDevil4
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
This game makes me sad it had such potential
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
u should play some other game if u are tired of playing it. there are a lot of other great games beside gears of war so u shouldn't have to stop playing it.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

First one had a bunch of bugs too. i still played it though! 8)

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Trogeton

I have to agree. Microsoft needs to make something new with Gears multiplayer. But up better protection to stop some of the hackers and also change it up a little bit.

By the way, I'm gonna guess that youlike Guitar Hero?

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#35 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

The multiplayer is a little wack espeically since I have to wait so long but I heard there will be an update coming that will change a few problems but the "everyone run to the center of the map with shotguns and pray to god you don't get shot" routine is still there in deathmatch modes.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 moose_knuckler
This game makes me sad it had such potentialMayCryDevil4
lol what? I was just asking a question on whether it would stand as cheating, really don't care if the team I was on got owned I've only been playing less on Gears 1 multiplayer than Gears 2, both of which I haven't played significantly. I just found it annoying since it seemed like he and his friends had the intent to just win every round and go on about like no one would speak up, next thing you know I message saying it would even teams up if you guys would split up since you can play with you friends on the other team.
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 moose_knuckler
ooops qouted wrong guy was intended for this guy.

Honestly, complaining to us won't change a thing. If you're getting annoyed with the game, don't play it.

OfficialBed
drumbreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 drumbreak1
Member since 2008 • 1316 Posts

I gave up on that game a long time ago. Here's hoping Gears 3 is a bit more polished.

PlasmaBeam44

Amen my friend

striker131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 striker131
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts

PlasmaBeam44

Don't hold your breath

RavageGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RavageGT
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts

Gears of War 1 Multiplayer was a complete joke compared to Gears 2

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dredg11

Gears of War 1 Multiplayer was a complete joke compared to Gears 2

RavageGT

lol What? You're kidding right? Of the two, Gears 1 is still the better choice for Multiplayer.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

Don't even know why you kept playing it for months, rented the game for week and had enough of it on the 4th day, not bad, just a really expensive expansion pack-

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

I always hear about this host advantage stuff but how do you tell who is hosting the match, as far as I can tell it's not clearly labeled unless I'm blind or something.

joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

Are you sure your not overreacting? I think the other team just all played as there leader to confuse you, i mean if microsoft saw this happening on this server, they would of done something. Either your stupid or you just want to startanother WTF Gears of war 2 thread.

M4Ntan

I think the only one that is stupid is you... There isn't a dedicated server when you play GOW2, it's all connected through the host and their connection. MS isn't able to do a thing. And yes I'm seen this glitch/cheat before. But I'm only seen it where they other team has 5 players and 2 of them happen to be king and even though you kill them, they both come back.

DMBcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DMBcard
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

I'm really glad to see this thread. I have been totally let down and disappointed by Gears 2. It is by far the worst mulitplayer experience I have had (and I played UT on Dreamcast). The title updates have been a total joke so far. Matching making has NEVER worked right, Lag, cheating, on and on.........

Epic WAKE UP. You have such a fun and beautiful game on your hands, get these issues fixed. Why do I hardly ever have any problems when playing COD 4 and 5 or Halo? Hell UT3 runs 1000X better than GEars ever thought.

I am waiting patiently for the 3rd update. If this does not fix things, I'm done EPIC. I will never buy another Gears game.

sToK3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sToK3d
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts
I gave up on this game a long time ago, as well. Right now, I'm trying to sell it. Disappointing, almost everyone online acts as they exist only to aggravate everyone they talk to.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts
Play horde. I have had the game since release and my GOD Horde is all that is worth playing. GoW2 is a bloody, gory party game now that MM has shown it's evil buggy true form. Whenever my freind are bored online, it is either castle Crasher or horde mode. Seriously.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#48 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I have been holding off playing this game for that reason alone.....I thought by now the problems would have been fixed.It has been about 4 months since the game has been released.
mclaren542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mclaren542
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Here's the deal with a game like gears. Gears of war is the most popular game for the xbox 360 like it or not. With 3 million players its impossible not to have so many glitches. The epic team can fix a few glitches but that will change the game a little bit and people will find more. The bottom line is that the more people that play a game, the more problems that will arise. PS.. want a game with 5 million glitches? play smackdown vs raw .. people constantly complain about glitches but THQ doesnt give a damn cuz they know people will still buy. EPIC on the other hand has put out 3 patches to try and relieve glitches.
fear9204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fear9204
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

[QUOTE="Game-reviews"]

Darcstudios

hows it fun when you cant even have a chance at winning because everyone use host bridging lagging out games, re-spawning on will? its like saying lets have a race but ill start half way through the race

its not just about winnining you know that right