My PS3 was Laid to Rest This Morning

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bob__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bob__
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

Last week she was the 2nd to perish in a 3 year span (the first one under warranty). Doctors did all they could do (for a week) to revive her. Cause of death: failure of blu-ray drive. She was survived by 27 games and a silver controller.

As we all gather to mourn this loss, I ask but one thing....

Is it worth getting a 360? And by that, I was wondering if anyone has heard any news or rumors from reputable sources that suggests that the next-box will be here next year? I was thinking of getting Forza, Gears, Madden and probably Halo 4. I have $242 of gamestop credit.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#2 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

get real , and what has ps3 got to do with the 360 forum , title change , , , and lol see for your self ,

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

get real , and what has ps3 got to do with the 360 forum , title change , , , and lol see for your self ,

mariokart64fan

It's a question about getting xbox.. but the title is wrong.. yes.

Um... get it... If they didn't said anything about it existence... then I think it'll be 2 years or more untill we see nextbox.

(Would be a nice name... NextBox XD)

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
At this point you should just buy wiiu.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

I agree with the above comment.

Unless you can get an xbox slim with a HDD for cheap and then get Halo 4 and some other games like the Mass Effect trilogy would be a good idea.

Also how the hell did you kill two PS3's? Did you cover it in a wool blanket while you were playing? Or is your home just super dusty and its causing the laser to get all dirty and stop working.

bob__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bob__
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

Unless you can get an xbox slim with a HDD for cheap and then get Halo 4 and some other games like the Mass Effect trilogy would be a good idea.

Also how the hell did you kill two PS3's? Did you cover it in a wool blanket while you were playing? Or is your home just super dusty and its causing the laser to get all dirty and stop working.

Vickman178

Think about it... the original models (like the original xboxes) were faulty and doomed to die. Then, they gave me a refurb (under warranty). Used systems aren't safe. It's not exactly rocket science.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts

I would usually say yes, however it seems like a 360 instead of a PS3 in which case I would say no. I have no interest in debating which is better because they both have their advantages. My biggest concern would be getting rid of all of your games, saves, and accessories on one system and then starting fresh this late into the generation. That being said, if you can find a list of games to make it worth it then, by all means, go for it.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes it is still worth getting an Xbox 360 S console. They are inexpensive. Still 14-15 months before the Xbox 720 is on store shelf? So you still have time to game. It is always hard when a console dies on you. But you must game on....

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

Vickman178
I'd recommend a Slim for the 4 gig eternal storage and wifi ability. But that's most likely $200 right there. So the TC will have to fork out some cash from his/her wallet for the rest. As for any ps3 talk, this topic would have to be moved to SW.
jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts
2 ps3's in 3 years? Dang i had mine from launch for almost 5 and half years before i sold it. Funny thing is it broke down about 3 days after i sold it
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#13 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

At this point you should just buy wiiu.Heirren

Then you can guarantee the hardware will be out of date inside 18 months when the next gen consoles are released... there is no excuse to buy a WiiU unless you're a raging Nintendo fan or gadget addict

If you've not owned a 360 before then go for it, pick up all the classic games cheap and have a ball until the next gen arrives.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i say so. i play the 360 more then my ps3. but you have to ask your self is what do you have have to go back to the ps3? since this BULLS happen maybe start a new journey that why when the next gens come out you know which one you really want to get
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]At this point you should just buy wiiu.TTDog

Then you can guarantee the hardware will be out of date inside 18 months when the next gen consoles are released...

so he should buy a 360 which will be out of date in 1 month?

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'd get an 360 if you don't mind the possibility of the next Xbox coming out around a year from now.

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#17 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]At this point you should just buy wiiu.KBFloYd

Then you can guarantee the hardware will be out of date inside 18 months when the next gen consoles are released...

so he should buy a 360 which will be out of date in 1 month?

Then I correct my previous statement... you can guarantee the hardware will be out of date by the time you take it out of the box.

Nintendo are joining the current generation of consoles 6 years late and seem to think that all the casuals who bought a Wii are all going to be gagging to upgrade... which won't happen.

If they can still use it for what the need it for why upgrade? That's why they're called casuals... they couldn't care less if there is a slightly better version... any new hardcore gamers they unearthed with the Wii will have already upgraded to a PS3 or 360 when they discovered the Wii wasn't really all that when it came to games... why would they want to go back to Nintendo?

Hsk_Dark_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hsk_Dark_Link
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

If you can get a used XBOX 360 and a few games for under $300, I'd go for it. Otherwise, just buy a Wii U

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Same happened to me, but I already preordered the Halo 4 Xbox, so the decision was easier. I'll be getting a new PS3 eventually, as I have a bunch of games and there are exclusives I want, but the 360 probably isn't a bad idea.

If you don't have a gaming PC you'll be able to get games such as:

• Left 4 Dead
  • Witcher 2
  • Halo 3, Reach, 4 (and if you want, Halo Wars)
  • Gears of War 1, 2, 3
  • Forza (the new one looks like a nice mix of arcade and simulator)
  • Fable 2, 3

I know I probably missed a bunch, but those are the stand out ones for me. The only issue I have is having to pay for live, but I do like the cross chat, though idk if it's worth the price of live, it is nice.