My grandpa ruined my 360

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for EnlightenedOneX
EnlightenedOneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EnlightenedOneX
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

Hi first off know this is not a joke topic.

ok, so I brought my 360 to my grandpa's house in NY and while I was out getting a bit to eat, he opened it up and completely took it apart for no reason whatsoever. When I confronted him about it, he said he thought he needed an "advanced technology piece" (aka hes getting alzheimers and doesn't knwo what he's talking about), but realized after it wasnt in the 360.

the system doesn't work at all and is completely broken.

should I be mad at him and force him to pay for a new one or what?

Thanks for the advice

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
Suck it up and earn the money to get a new one.
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
Drop him back off at the nursin' home.
Avatar image for All-Star-Gamble
All-Star-Gamble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 All-Star-Gamble
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts
This has to be one of the most funniest things I've seen today on this forum!! Well its your fault for leaving a $300 console in the open, I never trust anyone but myself with my 360 and ps3.
Avatar image for EnlightenedOneX
EnlightenedOneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EnlightenedOneX
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

This has to be one of the most funniest things I've seen today on this forum!! Well its your fault for leaving a $300 console in the open, I never trust anyone but myself with my 360 and ps3.All-Star-Gamble

it's not like he's a dog, I didn't expect my GRANDPA to destroy my 360. He's a freaking aeronautical engineer for christ's sake, so I really didn't expct him to rip apart my 360

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
That's unreal, I didn't expect that coming into here. The best thing you can do is just get a new one.
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

[QUOTE="All-Star-Gamble"]This has to be one of the most funniest things I've seen today on this forum!! Well its your fault for leaving a $300 console in the open, I never trust anyone but myself with my 360 and ps3.EnlightenedOneX

it's not like he's a dog, I didn't expect my GRANDPA to destroy my 360. He's a freaking aeronautical engineer for christ's sake, so I really didn't expct him to rip apart my 360

Some day you will look back on this and laugh. Hopefully you will remember this moment when you too are old and are slowing down. Your grandfather didn't do it intentionally and you should forgive him. Don't make him pay for it.

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Go do some work and buy it yourself.
Avatar image for All-Star-Gamble
All-Star-Gamble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 All-Star-Gamble
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts

Nah don't worry, he'll be dead in a few years.gatsbythepig

Thats not funny.

gamble61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamble61
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts

This is pretty funny story Haha! But nah don't make him pay for it. He your Grampa!

Ugotownedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ugotownedo
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
Well if he has enough money to but a new one (aka has lots of pension money), then I think he should buy you a new one. If not, he should at least pay for half. You only need an Arcade version anyway because I assume you still have the cables and everything.
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
You can't get angry at old people...it's against the law
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
He's lying it's the same guy that said he was the greatest at Halo 3,Gears of war,and a few other games. Read his posts this is another lie.
Avatar image for TheActionFigure
TheActionFigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheActionFigure
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
You can't be mad at him for that. You can be mad at the situation, but not him.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

He's lying it's the same guy that said he was the greatest at Halo 3,Gears of war,and a few other games. Read his posts this is another lie.craigalan23

So true. lol. Funniest thing I've ever seen at GS. I even book marked it.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26385715

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 craigalan23

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]He's lying it's the same guy that said he was the greatest at Halo 3,Gears of war,and a few other games. Read his posts this is another lie.RoslindaleOne

So true. lol. Funniest thing I've ever seen at GS. I even book marked it.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26385715

Yep biggest epic fail ever. I bookmarked it too always good for a cheap laugh. Eh man don't worry about your grandpa you've won 82,000 in tournaments. $300 would be nothing for someone like you.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"]Nah don't worry, he'll be dead in a few years.All-Star-Gamble

Thats not funny.

Thats not funny at all. Thats DI*K

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 craigalan23
[QUOTE="All-Star-Gamble"]

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"]Nah don't worry, he'll be dead in a few years.fudger2

Thats not funny.

Thats not funny at all. Thats DI*K

Lying about your grandfather having Alzheimer's isn't funny either.

drebly032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 drebly032
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts
This entire post is mind blowing haha. Why would someone waste their time to say this stuff? This is as stupid as the alabama people that made a video about a real leprechaun (if anyone has seen it)
xisytenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xisytenin
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts
that sucks, i'd be mad
LeviLRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LeviLRP
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts
How would Alzheimer's make him think something was in your 360? That only makes people forget things, not think things up. Not only that, but if he does have that then how the hell did he know how to take it apart and put it back together in the time you were gone. I smell a dirty fibber.
xisytenin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xisytenin
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts

This entire post is mind blowing haha. Why would someone waste their time to say this stuff? This is as stupid as the alabama people that made a video about a real leprechaun (if anyone has seen it)drebly032

that makes no sense, have you been drinking?

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RoslindaleOne

[QUOTE="drebly032"]This entire post is mind blowing haha. Why would someone waste their time to say this stuff? This is as stupid as the alabama people that made a video about a real leprechaun (if anyone has seen it)xisytenin

that makes no sense, have you been drinking?

Did you read all the posts?

drebly032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 drebly032
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts
Thats a negative. This entire topic is about some guy lying about his grandfather ruining his xbox. I'm pretty sure I'm sober, but thanks. How about you?
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"]Nah don't worry, he'll be dead in a few years.All-Star-Gamble

Thats not funny.

ive found this whole thread pretty dam funny

i wouldnt be mad at my grandpa for having a mental problem its no where near his fault moneys tight by me so i know it would suack pretty hard if that happened to me Work off your anger and by a new one

PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts

Thats not funny.

Yeah that was not funny at all! I would be a little mad about my 360 but you have to understand. Plus he is your grandpa, I just say forgive him and buy a new system, they really aren't all that expensive.

TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
If this really is true then thats pretty hilarious. All you can do is save up and get a new one. If he really does have developing alzheimers then what can you do.
dlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dlobo
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts

How would Alzheimer's make him think something was in your 360? That only makes people forget things, not think things up. Not only that, but if he does have that then how the hell did he know how to take it apart and put it back together in the time you were gone. I smell a dirty fibber.LeviLRP

How would you know? are you a doctor? you dont know what was going through the gramps head, he was an engineer, maybe he thought it was something he needed to study, alzheimer doesn´t just makes you forget things it also confuses you, and messes with your grip on reality.

Anyway, even if he didn´t have alzheimer, he didn´t have any bad intentions, he probably felt bad about it later, its just a console, its not like he left your baby in the bathtub, or broke anything irreplaceable. its just stuff

WhatTheDunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WhatTheDunk
Member since 2008 • 338 Posts
I just check your stats in Halo 3, they are mediocre. I could probably beat you. 1.07 K/D ratio? :laugh: And why aren't first place in every game.
eonape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 eonape
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

Lol, lying about your grandpa with alzehimers is hilarious! I know the post made me laugh out loud.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RoslindaleOne

I just check your stats in Halo 3, they are mediocre. I could probably beat you. 1.07 K/D ratio? :laugh: And why aren't first place in every game.WhatTheDunk

lol. coming from someone who has .98 K/D ratio!!! Watch yourself before calling anyone mediocre.

EDIT: I'm not sure why you randomly picked me to check out Halo stats. Not once in this topic I said I was GOD at Halo 3.

icecoldkilla78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 icecoldkilla78
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts

Suck it up and earn the money to get a new one.dxy592

i second

WhatTheDunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WhatTheDunk

[QUOTE="WhatTheDunk"]I just check your stats in Halo 3, they are mediocre. I could probably beat you. 1.07 K/D ratio? :laugh: And why aren't first place in every game.RoslindaleOne

lol. coming from someone who has .98 K/D ratio!!! Watch yourself before calling anyone mediocre.

No, you need to read his post about being the best in Halo 3, Gears, and also Cod4...

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RoslindaleOne
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

[QUOTE="WhatTheDunk"]I just check your stats in Halo 3, they are mediocre. I could probably beat you. 1.07 K/D ratio? :laugh: And why aren't first place in every game.WhatTheDunk

No, you need to read his post about being the best in Halo 3, Gears, and also Cod4...

My mistake. Yes I read that post of his. I brought it up in this topic. lol. But how did you get his gamertag? Coincidently, he has the same K/D ratio as me.

WhatTheDunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WhatTheDunk
[QUOTE="WhatTheDunk"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

[QUOTE="WhatTheDunk"]I just check your stats in Halo 3, they are mediocre. I could probably beat you. 1.07 K/D ratio? :laugh: And why aren't first place in every game.RoslindaleOne

My mistake. Yes I read that post of his. I brought it up in this topic. lol. But how did you get his gamertag? Coincidently, he has the same K/D ratio as me.

In the post somewhere he said it. Lol big mistake on his part.

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts
LOL I came here expecting him to fall and smash it or something, but randomly taking it apart :P Just ask your dad for a new one
Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

[QUOTE="All-Star-Gamble"]This has to be one of the most funniest things I've seen today on this forum!! Well its your fault for leaving a $300 console in the open, I never trust anyone but myself with my 360 and ps3.EnlightenedOneX

Wow cool 300$ is no matter for aeronatical engineer but try to put it back yourself I myself have dissected 360 couple of times and then bought it to life again.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#40 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
That's funny but sad at the same time. I'd say make your parents get you a new one.
redboxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 redboxa
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
Maybe he's lying for attention...if you read his other post you'd know what I mean :S
Izzymoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Izzymoney
Member since 2005 • 1192 Posts
I'm not trying to be mean, but thats the funniest thing I've heard in awhile.
diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 diablobasher
Member since 2004 • 5088 Posts

I don't expect burglars to break into my house and steal everything, but i still keep things away from the windows so people aren't tempted.

You said it yourself, he's got alzheimers, and as a man much smarter than I once said "Expect the unexpected"

Lesson learned? Dont take expensive equipment to other peoples houses, be it your grandpa, your friend, the moon, or deep space nine. Leave it at home where its safe.

And yes, make him pay for a new one. Sick or not he still broke it.

diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 diablobasher
Member since 2004 • 5088 Posts

Oh wait, it's you. Joke topic is epic fail.

Lemme guess, you're grandpa is second best at Halo 3, GoW, GH3 etc etc etc right? And your dog is 3rd? Get out and dont come back please.

seeker512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 seeker512
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

Thats not funny.

/agree

I don't think any of this is funny. I think you shouldnt make him pay for it since he didn't know what he was doing.

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#46 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
Hey he's your grandpa and his mind isn't as sharp as it used to be, suck it up and buy a new one.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

This kid needs help!!

Did you guys read that other post by him?

rrandolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rrandolph
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
This kid has a crazy imagination! His parents must work alot. Seriously kid r u ok? I don't want to hear about u shooting up some school somewhere.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Oh no...this guys back?