My 360 keeps scratching disk's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts

And nobody believes me in the slightest. I don't want to pay the £10 for the disc replacement program because my console scratched the disc's so it is really a console fault. I phone up Customer services and the guy told me i had to pay my £10 and couldn't actually replace my COD2 or GRAW disc because Microsoft don't publish those games. I've now also been through two copies of GeOW, which is also annoying.

I'm seriously not moving the console at all, it's on a stable serface.

wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts
this happened to my friend as well, but when he turned it horizontal he hasn't had a problem ever since... i suggest putting down sideways
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
I can offer two tips.
1. Always buy a warranty when you purchase a game.
2. Never keep the disc inside the tray when your not playing it.
seajag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 seajag
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
if u have a hollywood video nearby ur house that has fairly nice ppl u could ask them to clean ur disk like they do for their games. cuz i rented a game from them once and they took it and had a sander or something and just sanded a layer of the plastic off and all the scratchs were gone.
readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts

if u have a hollywood video nearby ur house that has fairly nice ppl u could ask them to clean ur disk like they do for their games. cuz i rented a game from them once and they took it and had a sander or something and just sanded a layer of the plastic off and all the scratchs were gone.seajag

Ah, i don't, i live in the UK. Cheers for the tips, i'm just annoyed that you follow Microsoft's instructions as to where to place your console and how to stand it etc and it still causes problems. Why can't they just admit there's a console fault somewhere?

wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts

[QUOTE="seajag"]if u have a hollywood video nearby ur house that has fairly nice ppl u could ask them to clean ur disk like they do for their games. cuz i rented a game from them once and they took it and had a sander or something and just sanded a layer of the plastic off and all the scratchs were gone.readingfc_1

Ah, i don't, i live in the UK. Cheers for the tips, i'm just annoyed that you follow Microsoft's instructions as to where to place your console and how to stand it etc and it still causes problems. Why can't they just admit there's a console fault somewhere?

thats true, they need to just come out and admit that their consoles are faulty, but about the disk buffer thing, i believe you can buy one of those for about $30 USD? i'm not sure but my friend has one and i remeber he bought it for fairly cheap.... his gears disk got scratched, he cleaned it, and it worked, then the 360 scratched it again, and now no matter how much he cleans it, it doesn't work

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
Maybe your 360 wants to be a DJ.
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 --Wolf--
Member since 2004 • 6786 Posts

Maybe your 360 wants to be a DJ.blue_tape

Oh man, I lol'd.....just a little though.

I know my games get scratches every so slighly, because I'm extremely careful with them. I think every single console has scratched every single game ever used in it. Obviously not all to the extent of not working though.

condude3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 condude3333
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
dude, my Xbox just totally did the same thing... it scratched "last remnant" and "Fable 2". im so angry. i really want to know what i can do about this. you guys seem to know what you're talking about so i feel like i should get some helpful info. :]
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think u should try these sleeve things for disc. idk if they still sell them but they are plastic thing with orange around it. it protects the disc, idk if it will actually do anything for it but still worth a look.
gameguy182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gameguy182
Member since 2005 • 1532 Posts

I just bought ssx and wolfenstine and my 360 scratched both in the same week all because i moved my xbox slightly while they where running in the damn thing. My ps3 or wii never have this problem? oh yea that's right because they don't have faulty hardware! I'm sorry Microsoft fan boys, i love my xbox and all its great software but they really need to re think their hardware for the next console they make.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

I just bought ssx and wolfenstine and my 360 scratched both in the same week all because i moved my xbox slightly while they where running in the damn thing. My ps3 or wii never have this problem? oh yea that's right because they don't have faulty hardware! I'm sorry Microsoft fan boys, i love my xbox and all its great software but they really need to re think their hardware for the next console they make.

gameguy182
Way to bump an extremely old thread.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I hear that the next Xbox is going to use Blu-rays so this isn't going to happen anymore. Oh and I have never had a disc get scratched in my six years of owing an Xbox 360. Two last gen 360, and one new Slim. One more important thing is not to move your console!

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
replace the disc drive. IF it's not in warranty. then go on ebay or Craigslist list buy a broken xbox. Swap out the drives. nothing to it. unscrew slide in connect cable. screw back in.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
[QUOTE="gameguy182"]

Steameffekt
Way to bump an extremely old thread.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

replace the disc drive. IF it's not in warranty. then go on ebay or Craigslist list buy a broken xbox. Swap out the drives. nothing to it. unscrew slide in connect cable. screw back in.k2theswiss

You cant just "swap" drives mate .. there is a key en every drive so doesnt work like that.. just fyi ..

0_demo_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 0_demo_0
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

My disc drive stopped working on my 360 so I just bought a broken 360 off ebay for like 20 bucks. I switched out the disc drives and its been working ever since. I do believe you have to make sure your switching out the same drives but not 100% sure on that xD.

ShipwreckX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShipwreckX
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts

Sounds like you 360 is broke. The bit that holds and spins the dick must be unstable.

BzForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BzForza
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
No problems with mine, but it's brand new.