Mothers p'od about being able to play as Taliban on Live in new Medal of Honor.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JDWolfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JDWolfie
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38740099?GT1=43001

Apparently, they paid no attention when you can play as terrorists online in Modern Warfare 2 and Nazis in World of War. In Modern Warfare 2, they only talked about the airport scene.

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

So its ok to be Nazis?

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

So its ok to be Nazis?

TheMightyHoov
Mothers love Nazi's their like teddy bears.
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Double standard makes me laugh so hard.

ThePRGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThePRGod
Member since 2010 • 130 Posts

To be fair, these soccer moms probably have no idea what a Nazi is.

You can't be mad at something when you don't anything about it.

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
played the beta on the pc not impressed this controvery will just boil over when the game doesn't move units.
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Hypocrits. So it's alright when you play as Soviets, Nazis, Japanese army, Vietnam (I think there's one) but when you play as Taliban it's bad? It's a game, get over it!
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Her argument is that war is not a game. True in REAL LIFE war is not a game. She keeps going back to that argument, however a video game will never get to simulate the true war. She also does not realize that these men get back from patrol and go play some COD. And as seen on the video documentaries of the game true Tier 1 operators have assisted in making the game authentic and have asked some things not to be included which Danger Close(developer) has honored. Its about telling the soldiers story and as for the multiplayer it's just team vs. team. No one is making light of war and after playing war games I have a heightened appreciation for what our men do everyday. One last note to wrap it up, she stated the "its just a game argument" is invalid because what her son and the men in the service have gone through is not a game, and shes right. But the video game titled Medal of Honor, is.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Funny since a lot of real life soldiers play games like this (COD, etc.) and obviously don't have a problem with it. They are the ones whos opinion matters the most on this subject.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

so that should keep the little kids from buying it? :P

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i didn't read the artical not planing to because those articals are a waste of my time not joking...

BUT

the reason they make big deal of this is because this is whats going on in the world right now...

Nazis yes they out there and will always until science can going into a brain and remove opinions. but the big thing is took place over 50 years and is the past

airport was bad with Russia because it was it's own people attacking the airport.... and other people what like ok yes it bad but owell. but i really hope no one think they can walk in a airport and do that because you be shot in matter of seconds.

KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

This is quite sad to be honest.It's just a game.

Even some soldiers play these types of games.

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts

Funny since a lot of real life soldiers play games like this (COD, etc.) and obviously don't have a problem with it. They are the ones whos opinion matters the most on this subject.

SilentSoprano

I agree, who cares what over protective soccer moms think? They havnet gone to war and seen friends die at the hands of the taliban. The soldiers have, if they can play the game happily, why cant we?

UK5T0N3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 UK5T0N3
Member since 2010 • 189 Posts

The Nazis didn't kill their sons. To be honest maybe the Taleban didn't kill their sons, just generic Islamic militants but that's another story. War is hell and people that don't like war games shouldn't play them - they don't have any rights to critiscise those of us that do.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts

I wonder what special weapons they'll have O.o

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts
The Nazis argument isn't a current problem. That's history, and it's done and dealt with. I'm not saying they weren't bad, they were horrid, but the Taliban is a current problem. The "terrorists," in MW2 were specifically any terrorist group. Now, the taliban is real, and is a problem, which is why they (the moms) are mad about it. I respect that. Imagine if in the 40's that there was a video game in the US where you could play as Nazis. That's exactly it except modern day with the taliban.
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]

kipohippo021

I agree, who cares what over protective soccer moms think? They havnet gone to war and seen friends die at the hands of the taliban. The soldiers have, if they can play the game happily, why cant we?

Couldnt have said it better. Plus, if they have problems with it, then its up to them to stop their kids buying it, instead of getting all worked up about it. Hell yeah, they may have a problem, but the fact is that Soldiers who have seen real **** play the game too, and dont have a problem with it. I hate people who argue about things they dont completely understand. Especially when its some over-protective parent complaining about Video Games...>:(
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

either its americans gettin to kill everyone else or should be banned. wth

IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

When CoD4 came out, I thought it might be a little offensive to play a game based on a current war. But when I actually played it (I always try things before I criticize), I realized that it didn't really glorify killing any specific groups of people and wasn't any worse than any generic action movie.

I have always wondered how other countries outside the U.S. view games and movies based on wars; like, how Germans and Japanese feel about WWII games, etc.

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

Well you try saying that when you've had a family member that was sitting in that ol blessed tower on that day

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

Then being a taliban isnt so fun

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Then being a taliban isnt so fun

Sn00pyBrown

It is fine if she is offended by it however it doesn't mater or not if she is. Medal of Honor is a video game and protected under the 1st Ammendment, it is also the product of a privately owned video game publisher/developer and is not funded in anyway by her, therefore EA/DICE have the right to make a game where you can play as the Taliban and if she is offended than too bad for her.

Kezman118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Kezman118
Member since 2007 • 585 Posts

Isnt rated M forreason? So MATURE people can buy the guy, not little kids that havent hit puberty to squiel and scream at their mum's to buy it for them. And so what if people play as the Taliban? It doesnt represent them or how they think/who they are in real life. Its a simulated shooter, so it SIMULATES what war is like (not including teabagging and glitches online).

And honestly, does anyone see Afghanis/Muslim communities saying anything about how American soliders can shoot and kill their people in this game?

I know what I have said is open to a while flame debate, but this is just my 2 cents.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts

Isnt rated M forreason? So MATURE people can buy the guy, not little kids that havent hit puberty to squiel and scream at their mum's to buy it for them. And so what if people play as the Taliban? It doesnt represent them or how they think/who they are in real life. Its a simulated shooter, so it SIMULATES what war is like (not including teabagging and glitches online).

And honestly, does anyone see Afghanis/Muslim communities saying anything about how American soliders can shoot and kill their people in this game?

I know what I have said is open to a while flame debate, but this is just my 2 cents.

Kezman118
I agree.
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
[QUOTE="Kezman118"]

I also agree...its like "GTA 4 has content that would scar my 4 year old son for life...Ban it NOW"! ....DONT BUY IT! lol
pablohammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pablohammy
Member since 2009 • 488 Posts

Yea because once your kid plays a GAME were he is a terrorist, he will definitly become one when he gets older. And if you child dose become a terrorist, then you arent a great parent.( i really wanted to say then you dun goofed but i controlled myself)