Most under/overrated games for 360

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Everyone's got their opinion. But man, I seriously disagree with some people on a few games. I'm sure you do too, so speak up. Here's mine

Overrated: Dead Rising

Do you feel like playing the same game 29 times before you finish it due to a retarded save system? Do you enjoy campy dialogue and bad voice acting? Then pick this up!

Underrated: Crackdown

More than a GTA clone. Fun to play for 5 minutes at a time, or for a lengthly play session. Yeah, killing those gangs gets repetitive, but the gameplay is more polished and refined than GTA ever was (not saying it's a better overall game, just more polished).

Your turn

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts

For underrated, I'd go with Condemned. Maybe more overlooked than anything else.

Overrated...I'll go with Gears of War. Short campaing and a multiplayer which is nothing but a shotgun "lag attack fest" (granted I still find it fun).

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts

Far Cry

Thought the PC version stunk, well other than the first five levels which is the most fun youll ever have in a video game so the 360 version made some nice improvements over it

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Underrated: Blue Dragon, Skate

Overrated: PDZ

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jbul

For underrated, I'd go with Condemned. Maybe more overlooked than anything else.

Overrated...I'll go with Gears of War. Short campaing and a multiplayer which is nothing but a shotgun "lag attack fest" (granted I still find it fun).

david60639

Haha.. GoW I loved, but the online community who play it is pretty bad.

pigonthewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 pigonthewing
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

Overrated:

Madden 08

So what is has good graphics and looks like it plays nice. But it still lacks alot of features from 05. All they did was put some stuff back into the game and said its new, the franchise mode is still not up to 2005's. Also it still doesnt play like football. I want 05 with better graphics and new rosters is that so hard?

Underrated:

Lego Star Wars II trilogy

I dont even like star wars but this game is funny and fun. Its easy but its still enjoyable.

Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts

Underated - Stranglehold - Sure it's short, but it's non-stop awesome. Until it stops... but then you just play it again.

Overrated - Graw - Just didn't find it fun at all. Think they may have had next-gen fever when it was released.

Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts

Most underrated 360 game I can think of is Far Cry Instincts: Predator.

The single player is all right and all but the multiplayer is just amazingly fun. Being able to make your own maps and play other people's maps is what makes this game so great. I really don't understand why more people don't love this game...

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Overrated: Gears of War, Bioshock, GRAW 1 and 2

Underrated: Shadowrun definitely, Skate, maybe Far Cry i liked the game lol

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts

overrated-

1) elder scrolls: oblivion- extremely boring game, i found no fun in it at all

underrated games:

1) kameo- a lot of people write it off as a kids game but it is really the only platformer on the system right now and the graphics are amazing considering it was a launch title

2) enchanted arms- the combat system is different than any other rpg i have played and the game is pretty long so it keeps you busy for awhile, the story reminds me a little bit of ff 3( old super nintendo game), the game starts off slow but gets better

3) saints row and 4) crackdown- both of them add their own thing to what gta started but i actually like them both better than the gta games....both are very addicting and left me wanting more when i finished them

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darkghost75

Overrated: Gears of War, Bioshock, GRAW 1 and 2

Underrated: Shadowrun definitely, Skate, maybe Far Cry i liked the game lol

SouL-Tak3R

bioshock deserves all the praise it gets....it is my favorite game...everything about it is great

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jbul

overrated-

underrated games:

1) kameo- a lot of people write it off as a kids game but it is really the only platformer on the system right now and the graphics are amazing considering it was a launch title

2) enchanted arms- the combat system is different than any other rpg i have played and the game is pretty long so it keeps you busy for awhile, the story reminds me a little bit of ff 3( old super nintendo game), the game starts off slow but gets better

3) saints row and 4) crackdown- both of them add their own thing to what gta started but i actually like them both better than the gta games....both are very addicting and left me wanting more when i finished them

darkghost75

I liked Crackdown A LOT more than GTA, which I know I'm in the minority for. GTA had alot to do, maybe too much, and the gameplay was far, far from polished.

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darkghost75
[QUOTE="darkghost75"]

overrated-

underrated games:

Jbul

I liked Crackdown A LOT more than GTA, which I know I'm in the minority for. GTA had alot to do, maybe too much, and the gameplay was far, far from polished.

i didn't like vice city or san andreas at all

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jbul
I thought I was the only one. Played both of 'em for about 2 hours then never picked either of them up again.
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkghost75

I thought I was the only one. Played both of 'em for about 2 hours then never picked either of them up again.Jbul

same here...i played the first few missions and then got bored

dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts

Most underrated by GS: SKATE!!! I couldn't believe that review, one of the worst I've ever read anywhere.

Overrated: COD3

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Everyone's got their opinion. But man, I seriously disagree with some people on a few games. I'm sure you do too, so speak up. Here's mine

Do you feel like playing the same game 29 times before you finish it due to a retarded save system? Do you enjoy campy dialogue and bad voice acting? Then pick this up!

More than a GTA clone. Fun to play for 5 minutes at a time, or for a lengthly play session. Yeah, killing those gangs gets repetitive, but the gameplay is more polished and refined than GTA ever was (not saying it's a better overall game, just more polished).

Your turn

Jbul

I totally disagree with you about Dead Rising as it is not overrated at all, as I only wish that it was overrated because if it was then a sequel might have been made and released already.

The most overrated game to me is Gears of War. Okay yes it is a good shooter game, but not as great as everyone makes it out to be. I have played better shooter games on the Xbox360 like both GRAW games and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat(multi-player though Live) and the Call of Duty games.

The most underrated games are Battlefield 2: Modern Combat(multi-player though Live) and Battlestations: Midway and Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII and Star Trek: Legacy. To me those are all great games, but it seems like no one else really likes any of them. I own them all and they are alot of fun to play and are just great games. I think the problem is no one really gives them a chance, like if people would play the actual games and not just the demos and if people have played the actual games then atleast play them longer then 5 mins. before deciding that they suck.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

Overrated by GameSpot: Oblivion, Gears of War, PDZ.
Overrated in general: Oblivion, Gears of War, BioShock (great, but not the 11th best game of all time).

Underrated: Viva Pinata, Crackdown.

EskimoJoe33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EskimoJoe33
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts

Overrated: Oblivion and Dead Rising

Underated: Stranglehold and Crackdown

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

Overated

PDZ, Rainbow Six: Vegas, The Darkness and Ridge Racer 6

Underated

Blue Dragon, Condemned and Lost Planet

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jbul
[QUOTE="Jbul"]

Your turn

ghstbstr

I totally disagree with you about Dead Rising as it is not overrated at all, as I only wish that it was overrated because if it was then a sequel might have been made and released already.

The most overrated game to me is Gears of War. Okay yes it is a good shooter game, but not as great as everyone makes it out to be. I have played better shooter games on the Xbox360 like both GRAW games and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat(multi-player though Live) and the Call of Duty games.

The most underrated games are Battlefield 2: Modern Combat(multi-player though Live) and Battlestations: Midway and Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII and Star Trek: Legacy. To me those are all great games, but it seems like no one else really likes any of them. I own them all and they are alot of fun to play and are just great games. I think the problem is no one really gives them a chance, like if people would play the actual games and not just the demos and if people have played the actual games then atleast play them longer then 5 mins. before deciding that they suck.

I still think Dead Rising is a poorly designed game. It's fun to play in spots, but could've been MUCH MUCH better had their been a fair save system, instead of the trash that artifically extends the games length.

But I agree with you about demos. Since there's no money invested in them, people rush to judgement playing them for 3minutes before deleting them unless they're blown away in the first 5 minutes. And how many games are really going to do that?

SoralinkGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#22 SoralinkGS
Member since 2005 • 3626 Posts

Overrated: Gears of War, GRAW, Geometry Wars Evolved

Underrated: The Outfit, Earth Defense Force 2017, Condemned, Marble Blast Ultra

SirCokerThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 SirCokerThe1st
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
I agree, I love the game when the weapons on map are swapped out for snipers, but when you start with shotgun and get stuck with it for 10 rounds the game gets hella boring. Definitely Overrated Layla Kayleigh on Maxim

david60639
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Under rated-Dead Rising

Over rated-Oblivion

RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts

Overrated - GRAW 2

Underrated - Saints Row

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darkghost75

Overated

Underated

ZimpanX

how is rainbow six:vegas overrated? the single player and the multiplayer are both great

Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Packt

how is rainbow six:vegas overrated? the single player and the multiplayer are both great

darkghost75

Read.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
[QUOTE="darkghost75"]

Packt

Read.

:lol:

:roll:

Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Packt

:lol:

:roll:

ghstbstr

:|

gamefreak626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamefreak626
Member since 2006 • 156 Posts

overrated: gears of war

underrated: stranglehold

adamus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 adamus007
Member since 2007 • 852 Posts
IMO Gears was severely overrated and IMO MOH:A and Skate have dealt a very rough reviewing
bluejuzam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bluejuzam
Member since 2005 • 297 Posts

Overrated: Gears of War. I had a blast beating the campaign co-op with my friend when I got this, but I never liked the online multiplayer. I feel GoW is a good shooter with great graphics, but not much online depth. When I want great multiplayer, I play Halo 2 (and soon Halo 3), instead of rolling around and getting in shotgun wars.

Underrated: Kameo: Elements of Power. It's not perfect, but it's a beautiful game with solid gameplay, good music, story, and variety.

GuitarsOfWarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GuitarsOfWarr
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

Overrated: skate (im about 2 hours in so i MAY take this back but i dont like how trial-and-error it is)

Underrated: Crackdown, definitely. So much fun.

daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts

overrated = GRAW

underrated = Marvel Ultimate Alliance

newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts

Underrated: Blue Dragon

Overrated: any 2K sports game other than baseball

gamergeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamergeek
Member since 2003 • 567 Posts

underrated: i dont think the 360 has a game thats underrated

overrated: gow, graw2, dead rising, saints row, cod 2 and 3

KodaksPoptarTs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KodaksPoptarTs
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

underrated: kameo, Condemned, Shadowrun, perfect dark zero

Overated. Gear of war, but its still kick ass!

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jbul
[QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

Overated

Underated

darkghost75

I love Rainbow Six, and think it's one of the most underrated games, actually. No one ever mentions it in th pantheon of great shooters for the system, but it's up there in the top 2 or so.

MadMike3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MadMike3000
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts

Overrated - GRAW 2

Underrated - Saints Row

RebornInFlames

Thank you Saints Row is an awesome game

Vinnie222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vinnie222
Member since 2003 • 451 Posts

over rated: PDZ

Under rated: COndemed ( seem people were to busy saying how awsome PDZ was to play it), Battlefeild 2 ( i like it better than the PC version

crippler07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 crippler07
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
OverRated:Oblivion,GRAW,Rainbow 9 Vegas
Underrated: Deff. Prey! That game was amazing.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jbul
What genre is Prey?
Halo_Master95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Halo_Master95
Member since 2006 • 300 Posts
[QUOTE="darkghost75"]

overrated-

underrated games:

Jbul

I used to be a GTA adict, until i found how pointless that game was. I not really in to free-for-all kill everyone, but Crackdown looks really cool, i like the rpg elements to it.

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

Overrated: Oblivion, to many dark and danky dungeons tocrawl inand it has no souL Poorly told story with uninteresting characters.

Underrated...... nothing really, everything's been overrated. Viva Pinata was pretty cool. Also having a real good time with Eternal Sonata but I wouldn't call any of the underrated.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Overrated: Gears of War, Dead Rising, Perfect Dark Zero

Underrated: Chromehounds, Far Cry, Prey

SorasGhost009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SorasGhost009
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

underated: history channel civil war, moh:a, phatnasy star universe, shadowrun, the darkness(multiplayer), far cry IP, BF MC

overated: gears of war(i still pklay it though), oblivion

wanker12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 wanker12
Member since 2003 • 2048 Posts

overrated: gears of war, oblivion, forza 2

underrated: call of duty 3, winning eleven 2007 (though i admit both could have been better they've been the two games i've played the most), condemned (it was too short though)

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
[QUOTE="ZimpanX"]

Overated

Underated

darkghost75

yes the game is great but not once whenplaying didI think it was anAAA game, just a personal opinion though nothing

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
no way is dead rising overrated no way it's the first game i got for my 360 and it was well worth it if anything gears is overrated that game has giving me QUITE a few bugs over the 9 months ive had my 360 and i think all military games are overrated because i hate military games but that's just me
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
overrated: bioshock - once u beat it theres really no reason to play through twice even though i did it was more like blah underrated: enchanted arms - the game wasnt that bad really.