Morrowind vs Oblivion (poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mECHwARRIORx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mECHwARRIORx2
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
Ok, for people who played BOTH, which game was better? My vote will go for Morrowind. I think the only better thing in Oblivion is the fighting and the graphics.
Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts
No question.. Morrowind.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
Ah good times in morrow,hell the goty edition is prolly one of my fav RPGs of all time.Btw Morrowinds Storyline and setting beats the crap outta Oblivions storyline and setting.
Zim28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Zim28
Member since 2003 • 71 Posts
I like Oblivion better, and I had Morrowind on a high end PC that gave me access to mods and a lot of add-ons. There were some things I liked better in both, but on the whole I have to go with Oblivion. Don't think I'll miss being called an N'wah or fletcher all the time.
pyroguy305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 pyroguy305
Member since 2003 • 1568 Posts
Oblivion can't even touch Morrowind. That's all I have to say about that..
minou12234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 minou12234
Member since 2004 • 83 Posts
Well, I think I'll go for Morrowind Good game.
terribleone569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 terribleone569
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts
morrowind had levitation, more freedom. boots of blinding speed + the kings ring of no bad inchantment= flying superfast and seeing were your going! haha awsome
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts

Morrowind. Anyone who's played both extensivley should agree. The only thing OB changed was improving combat/magic and graphics. The lore got butchered (Akavari becoming people instead of snakemen because of lazy devs, all character models looking exactly the same because there were too lazy to create unique ones for orcs/khajiit/argonian). Annoying voice overs that all sound the same (ruined sweet Dark Elf voice). No culture... besides asthetics like buldings and things the individual cities didn't really have any POV of important matters like religion, race ect. everyone was the same person except for some unique dialog for quest givers. Removed over a dozen skills and spells due to gameplay mechanic issues and lazyness (our cities have to be walled... so I guess we better get rid of levitation... damn). LEVEL SCALING. Somethings not right when the game is harder at level 50 than it is at level 1-49.

All that being said (and I could go on). I love some of the things I've seen in OB. The combat is pretty spot-on, and I enjoy the presentation of the magic, even though spellmaking was cut-down significantly and also the amount of spells has decreased. I think if they pay attention to their fans and stop making stupid sacrafices TES5 might bring it back.