Microsoft Points Nightmare!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for steeeeeeveperry
steeeeeeveperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 steeeeeeveperry
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

Hi, I thought I'd ask you lovely people for advice on this situation.

I've had a 360 since launch and been a loyal Live subscriber since 2003-04 and used the same Visa card the entire time. The Video Marketplace has just gone online in the Uk, I don't know if you guys were aware but I'm having huge problems adding points to be able to aford The Fugitive.

The current payment option is out of date by about 3 months but the actual bank account is the same, only the last digit of the 16 digit number varies from the new card I have(my old one snapped so I received a replacement while my 360 was broken). The rest is identical.

I tried adding pts and get the message, "Cannot authorize payment etc"

So I figured I'd add my new card. Tried that and got the same message. So I thought "Hmm, that's weird!"

So then I go onto the MS Billing Website and it says my £39.99 renewal is still due and my xbox live subcription transfer was "cancelled."

At this point it may be useful to tell you i got the 3 red lights in May and didn't bother sending it away til 2 weeks but I bought a new 360 in the meantime as I doubt I'll see the other one til January and I want 360 fun over Christmas!

So anyway! It said the renewal didn't go through which is strange since I've played several games of halo 3 online Cod4 online in the past week or so.

I checked my card it works fine, has ample balance and I even bought something from Play.com to make sure it could make an online purchase. So I don't think it's anything on my end!

It's not just The Fugitive in HD I'm missing out on. I want to buy Psychonauts, Golden Axe, Sonic The Hedgehog, Uno and all the other things I've missed on the past 6 months!

Has anyone got any advice for me, or experienced a similar situation.

steeeeeeveperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 steeeeeeveperry
Bump!
steeeeeeveperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 steeeeeeveperry
Come on guys! This means a lot to me , help a brother ou! :P
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
I also have alot of trouble when it comes to this. The credit card tied to my account is a card that my parents havent used for a long, long time. Everytime I try and change the card though, it doesnt let me, and says the new card is invalid or something like that. I just said screw it though, and started getting the prepaid 1600 point cards, and I suggest you do the same.
funkyeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funkyeyk
Member since 2005 • 404 Posts

Did you try it via xbox.com? If you do it through the website, it's easier to input and change information.

But I found it took about an hour to recognize I had renewed my gold subscription and allow me to play online again.

funkyeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funkyeyk
Member since 2005 • 404 Posts
whoops, just realized that's EXACTLY what you did. nevermind me.
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts

the same happened to me earlier this year.i had to call them and change it on the phone

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

call and ask them to change it. make sure to be nice though. if your nice to them they'll genuinely try to help you out. no one wants to help an a-hole. but just call and explain your situation, they should fix it for you.