Microsoft E3:09 Convention was it a failure? (Poll Inside)

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Natal, Facebook, and Avatar games they are going straight casual and alienating their hardcore base. As far as exclusives go they barely had any for this year. Half the ones they announced were for Live Arcade so they don't count the others weren't that impressive with the exception of Left 4 Dead 2. This conference was a complete disappointment. I hate casual gamers because they are destroying video gaming as we know it. The Wii opened up the casual gaming market and generated some massive profits and unfortunately for real gamers Microsoft seems to care less abut us and more about this casual market.

ElPadilla
theres no such thing as a hardcore gamer, your only hardcore in your own mind theres no such thing as a real gamer either, you either play games or you dont. if you do your a gamer. no ones getting alienated, all these things are going to be on everyones consoles over the years. you will still be able to play what you call hardcore games, just they will be other options for other people instead of just constant same old fps franchises every year
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#52 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
It was amazing, I was blown away completely. Halo Reach??? That is AWESOME! I love the Halo series and was afraid they'd stop working on it after Halo 3 ODST (which looked stunning) but yeah I added 6 games to my list of day 1 purchases: Alan Wake Splinter Cell Conviction Halo Reach Game from Epic Metal Gear Solid Raiden Left 4 Dead 2 And of course Halo 3 ODST was already on my list. :)
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#53 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

it was awesome... MW2, Alan Wake, SC conviction, halo ODST/Reach, L4D2, and Forza 3 just revived my expectations for the upcoming games. I thought MS wouldn't have much to show at this year's e3. Natal looks interesting also. I was one of the people who wasn't interested in the gimmick, but now that I saw how advanced the technology is, I'm all up for it. Can't wait to see what developers come up with.

coleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 coleer
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
it was epic... not because this is my first time to see a e3 press con.. it is really epic... next nintendo and sony....
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

Wow, really? People liked this? The only interesting announcement was the new MGS game. Natal looks interesting, but until we actually see it in action, no thanks. Seriously? People thought it was good? Were we watching the same conference?karriston

When you have already decided before it started that it's going to suck then it usually will bud.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
its epic thanks microsoft and 360 alan wake forza3 lionhead game mgs rising and halo prequel conviction odst mw2 crackdown2 final13 looks amazing on 360
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#57 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

Natal, Facebook, and Avatar games they are going straight casual and alienating their hardcore base. As far as exclusives go they barely had any for this year. Half the ones they announced were for Live Arcade so they don't count the others weren't that impressive with the exception of Left 4 Dead 2. This conference was a complete disappointment. I hate casual gamers because they are destroying video gaming as we know it. The Wii opened up the casual gaming market and generated some massive profits and unfortunately for real gamers Microsoft seems to care less abut us and more about this casual market.

ElPadilla

i'm a hardcore gamer and will be using that facebook feature alot... i'm glad they put that there, i have the MSN chatpad and chat with friends when I play games online, now I can talk to both my MSN ppls + facebook friends.

Shadow Complex. Shadow Complex. Shadow Complex. (CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!!)

Other games that caught my eye:

Halo 3: ODST, very nice that bungie is bringing back Halo to it's roots...

Splinter Cell Conviction, I've watched my cousins beat the originals(i never had an XBOX) but this one looks awesome, might check it out

and

Left 4 Dead II, wow... didn't expect that one

Metedea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Metedea
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts
It wasn't epic it was EPIC. Alan Wake, MW 2, 2 Halos, Forza 3, Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid to 360 and project Natal.
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

I dont hav an Xbox, but i gotta admit, it was REALLY good. Great new games comin out, i like the new Halo look and tht Alan Wake game made me wanna go buy an Xbox, but i cant afford to hav all 3 systems, but anyways, Natal and new MGS game was really neat also.

Jakesta7
Same here, i have a PS3 and in my mind, i would never need an Xbox (It's a great system, but i wanted Blu-Ray so i picked PS3) But i really like Project Natal mainly for training and such. Instead of paying top dollars to get into a gym maybe i'll just buy a cheap Xbox and get some exercise game with the camera, i think it would be great and actually fun ! (Better than running on a f'n machine)
therealnerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 therealnerdd
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts
It was decent. Only looking forward to alan wake and forza 3.
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#62 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

I thought the conference was great. Halo 3: ODST looked really good and Halo: Reach grabbed my attention. The new Splinter Cell looked excellent. I don't care about Metal Gears Solid games but it is cool that it's coming to the 360.

Project Natal was by far a big surprise. I did not like the idea of motion sensing for the 360 since I have a Wii and don't like it. But that was far more superior than anything the Wii has to offer and looks like it has a lot of potential.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#63 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
no one exited about the 2 exclusive CODMW2 map packs ???Nonstop-Madness
If they're already talking about map packs it just means they'll be holding out on us at retail.
mrhuntin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 mrhuntin
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts

MicrosoftI think is going the best press conferencethis year at E3, but we got to see what Sony and Nintendo brings.:P

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
It was epic win! I can't believe anyone would think of it as an failiure.
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

I was really excited to see some ODST gameplay...and then I was shocked to see Halo Reach. I hope it follows closely to the book. The Fall of Reach was damn good.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

Just as I had imagined, more than 50% enjoyed the show. Personally, Modern Warefare 2 blew me away, I'm not much of a racer but it seems like I can really get into FORZA 3. Epic and Kojima came in with a sucker punch from no where, which really enlightened me. To be honest, Alan Wake was a title I ignored and never really paid much attention to, but I can clearly see what the chatter is about. Overall it exceeded my expectations and led me to a conclusion that Xbox 360 is far from over.

Good job guys.

ojm95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ojm95
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
i think it went well, im really looking forward to all the games they showed(except for Joy Ride), Natal looked really slick and if they can deliver on what they showed wow it gonna be massive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts

It was great. I was satisfied with the ammount of good games revealed.

chris1207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 chris1207
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="HoVDaHuSTLa1"]

I believe by now, everyone enjoyed or disliked our viewing of Microsoft's E3 conference. I would like to know what the people thought. Did it reach your expectations? Was it a tease? Did it totally just fail?

...I'm all ears

I thought it was the best yet.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
I didnt get to watch it because of work but from what ive been reading today it looks like i missed some good stuff.
Avatar image for bi0hazard187949
bi0hazard187949

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72 bi0hazard187949
Member since 2003 • 631 Posts

I thought it was meh...they didn't really show any good exclusvies imo, expect for Halo. I don't think I will pay over $100 for Natal (if thats the price range)

jjj13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#73 jjj13
Member since 2005 • 2399 Posts
Epic and I am "neutral" in the whole console war things. I think it wwas truly epic. =D
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
Forza 3 and Natal were the big things i am now looking forward too and with Facebook and Last.fm i think the coming year is going to be epic for the 360
FerraraZ23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FerraraZ23
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts

Natal, enough said. No other console has made such an exciting future hardware product.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#77 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

Anyone that likes project Natal is not a hardcore gamer. This is a joke and a really big gimick. Who wants to play video games with out a controller and have to move to do everything. It was dumb. M$ didnt show anything new besides Halo. Ohh yeah and the other 2 big games they showed they had to buy to get them on there console like MGS and FF.

BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#78 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

Lmao all there ppl that think Natal is so great. its a camera the records you in 3d wow!! It will not help in the 360 biggest games. GTA, CoD, Halo, Gears, BioShock, Mass effect none of them will use it. Its a joke and get over it. it will fail

But im really excited for twitter on live!

Franco-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Franco-J
Member since 2003 • 1435 Posts

Project Natal - Full Body Motion Control
Milo - Interactive Natal AI Demo
On Demand Game Downloads - buy game direct with credit card, no MS points
needed
More Interactive Avatar gameshows
Instant 1080p Movies, regular movies, and TV shows - No More Downloads
New Live TV Event Options
Xbox Facebook
Xbox Twitter
Last.FM free radio service
Next GTA4 DLC coming soon
Alan Wake - Absolutely stunning
Splinter Cell: Conviction - also amazing
Modern Warfare 2
Crackdown 2
Mass Effect 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Metal Gear Rising
Forza 3
Halo ODST
Halo: R.E.A.C.H.
Amazing New Live Arcade games

Yeah, Id say they did pretty well! And theres still stuff we havent seen...

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts

Having all these new features plus Natal makes having Live worth it. I used to be you were just paying for multiplayer but now you're paying for many different experiences.

-ScorpionKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 -ScorpionKing
Member since 2008 • 433 Posts

it was really great, amazing, excellent, & epic conference...i pray for your successful microsoft xbox360, for bill gates, and for all microsoft staff...

But i stiil don't understand about project NATAL...is it the same with motion sensing camera ???

DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts
It was amazing, i had a grin on my face the whole time. Free Last.FM Face Book / Twitter Instant Streaming 1080p movies Project Natal. And not to mention the Games, SC: Conviction. MGS:R, and that arcage game from Epic looks really cool, not to mention almost everything else they said
revdirty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 revdirty
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Where is my HULU on XBOX......................................BIG Disappointment