Microsoft cannot be serious

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Light_Destroyer
Light_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Light_Destroyer
Member since 2004 • 2013 Posts
I called support to ask them about my disc drive.  The disc drive has been making this noise that sounds like it just drops the disc back onto the tray whenever I go to the dashboard, and the disc has sometimes stopped spinning fast while I'm playing games.  I tell the lady that it appeared that the disc drive was starting to scratch one of my games. She proceeds to tell me that the disc could only be scratched if the Xbox has been moved.  I tell her it hasn't been moved, she then says the disc hasn't been scratched.

After 5 minutes of me arguing with her I decided to give up and just ask about the drive.  I tell her about the sounds.  She tells me that the sound is from the fans and the hard drive, and I tell her no its not.  She repeats the same thing after some banter, and I ask her "What do you not understand about the disc drive is making noise?!?!?"

She says its normal operation, I say "How is a bunch of scratching noises normal operation?!!!!!!"  She then tells me that my Xbox is being over used and to call back if the Xbox gives an error. 

She really wants me to wait until the Xbox scratches a game beyond repair, then request a repair.  That is so stupid, and I'm really getting p***ed off at the way Microsoft is making it's representatives spin the conversation until we give up.
Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Eggsandwich06
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts
im starting to really not like microsoft anymore
lord-azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 lord-azrael
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
yeah,they turds,Im on my 3rd but I exchanged at the shop I  got it from
unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 unknown-phenom
Member since 2006 • 1807 Posts
mine makes the noises to so thats normal but i dont have any scratches, maybe they were always there you just never noticed them
Light_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Light_Destroyer
mine makes the noises to so thats normal but i dont have any scratches, maybe they were always there you just never noticed themunknown-phenom
It's a brand new game.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
thats call centres for you. We have a screen and thats what we read then repeat..much like parrots..only parrots are smarter :D
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
Mine is starting to do the same thing this week, and I'm worried the drive is going to go...
genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 genfuyung
Member since 2005 • 2189 Posts
I called support to ask them about my disc drive. The disc drive has been making this noise that sounds like it just drops the disc back onto the tray whenever I go to the dashboard, and the disc has sometimes stopped spinning fast while I'm playing games. I tell the lady that it appeared that the disc drive was starting to scratch one of my games. She proceeds to tell me that the disc could only be scratched if the Xbox has been moved. I tell her it hasn't been moved, she then says the disc hasn't been scratched.

After 5 minutes of me arguing with her I decided to give up and just ask about the drive. I tell her about the sounds. She tells me that the sound is from the fans and the hard drive, and I tell her no its not. She repeats the same thing after some banter, and I ask her "What do you not understand about the disc drive is making noise?!?!?"

She says its normal operation, I say "How is a bunch of scratching noises normal operation?!!!!!!" She then tells me that my Xbox is being over used and to call back if the Xbox gives an error.

She really wants me to wait until the Xbox scratches a game beyond repair, then request a repair. That is so stupid, and I'm really getting p***ed off at the way Microsoft is making it's representatives spin the conversation until we give up.
Light_Destroyer
dude the same crap happened to me. just call back until you get someone with an IQ higher than the phone htey are speaking on and theyll help you.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

I called support to ask them about my disc drive.  The disc drive has been making this noise that sounds like it just drops the disc back onto the tray whenever I go to the dashboard, and the disc has sometimes stopped spinning fast while I'm playing games.  I tell the lady that it appeared that the disc drive was starting to scratch one of my games. She proceeds to tell me that the disc could only be scratched if the Xbox has been moved.  I tell her it hasn't been moved, she then says the disc hasn't been scratched.

After 5 minutes of me arguing with her I decided to give up and just ask about the drive.  I tell her about the sounds.  She tells me that the sound is from the fans and the hard drive, and I tell her no its not.  She repeats the same thing after some banter, and I ask her "What do you not understand about the disc drive is making noise?!?!?"

She says its normal operation, I say "How is a bunch of scratching noises normal operation?!!!!!!"  She then tells me that my Xbox is being over used and to call back if the Xbox gives an error. 

She really wants me to wait until the Xbox scratches a game beyond repair, then request a repair.  That is so stupid, and I'm really getting p***ed off at the way Microsoft is making it's representatives spin the conversation until we give up.
Light_Destroyer

wow are you serious? what a bunch of idiots..i swear they have no good ansers for you they demand that they are right all the time.

barinelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 barinelg
Member since 2003 • 674 Posts
I actually got a nice person when calling. Since it was under warranty, and I was having several issues, he gave me the option for sending it in. I took it, and got a replacement system. I guess call back and hope for someone different?
tF_x_CamPeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tF_x_CamPeR
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts

i just sent mine in bc the disc tray didnt open and it wouldn't read discs

it will take 2 weeks to fix, im glad i bought the Wii

unknown-phenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unknown-phenom
Member since 2006 • 1807 Posts

[QUOTE="unknown-phenom"]mine makes the noises to so thats normal but i dont have any scratches, maybe they were always there you just never noticed themLight_Destroyer
It's a brand new game.

oh umm take it to pc shop and see if they can fix it, thats what i did with my original xbox and it cost maybe 40 bucks but they had it finished in 4 days

sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
if its standing id say lay it down on its side if its already on its side ???
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
i recommend talking to a male representative, for some reason they seem to understand more than the women, not being sexicst hear but some of the ladies are b*****...
dunit13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dunit13
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
you must have the same lady as a friend of mine he just thought he would be all calm and the person would be all nice and he would have no problems because my experince with microsoft went really smooth. well about 10 minutes into it he was screaming at the lady because she was being rude and not listeining to him. eventually she just puts him on hold and transfers him to someone else who eventually resolves the situation. i dont know about you guys but it sounds like microsofts customer service is getting bad really quickly.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SymphonicWaves
Member since 2006 • 832 Posts
Mine makes a scratching, grinding noise too and its fine. Had it for a year and it's been doing it since day one.
pandaman37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 pandaman37
Member since 2006 • 1132 Posts
ya most help numbers your supposed to call for a company will be annoying and useless.... microsofts really does suck a lot compared to a other companies.... and no the the xbox is not supposed to make a scratching sound :P
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SymphonicWaves
Member since 2006 • 832 Posts
ya most help numbers your supposed to call for a company will be annoying and useless.... microsofts really does suck a lot compared to a other companies.... and no the the xbox is not supposed to make a scratching sound :Ppandaman37
It does if your Xbox is a hardcore xbox.
stiv1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stiv1987
Member since 2005 • 1042 Posts
sounds like she cant be arsed with her job.
wanker12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 wanker12
Member since 2003 • 2048 Posts
call centre monkeys don't earn much and as a result many of them are disgruntled and may take exception to endless whingey calls from overprivileged loudmouthed teenaged yank brats, that's not ms's fault.
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts

Call centers are lame... every time i call i end up speaking with someone that barely knows what im talking about. Certain times i feel like im asking hardware question to my grandmother. But its not a big surprise if you think about it.

One day you probably  answer to microsoft customers and the next to Oscar Meyer customers. All you have to do i guess is being able to read faq answers on a paper...

I didnt want to offend anyone and if someone works in a call center just to get some extra bucks its really fine to me .. but before calling i'd rather search on the internet and try to solve the problem by myself rather than loosing my time and my patience.

Light_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Light_Destroyer
i recommend talking to a male representative, for some reason they seem to understand more than the women, not being sexicst hear but some of the ladies are b*****... Magna_Man109
The first time I encountered a female representative was a few weeks ago when I was trying to get a replacement headset. She wouldn't send me one because she was saying "Microsoft doesn't exchange headsets anymore."
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
I always just ask to speak to the manager if they don't give me what they want. The overseerer will always give me what I ask for, and a free game.
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
yeah microsoft was great in the beginning with all the alunch consoles and such, but they are really going downhill
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
They have always been really nice and helpful every time I call them.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I went through a similar experience with the support line. I swear the people have guns held to their head, and will be shot if they say anything that isn't on their computer screen.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
If you get a good person they are very helpful. Just call back.
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Guys, I know the system has had its fair share of problems. I know a few people who are on their 2nd or 3rd consoles. But dude, they are fixing and replacing them FOR FREE! You might be on your 3rd 360, but how much money did you spend to get the two replacements? I have alot more respect for a company that openly admits its problems and takes measures to fix them (for free) than a company that tries to deny the problems and won't offer any support. The people on the phones have to make sure your have a valid complaint, and make sure that your 360 NEEDS to be repaired/replaced...its their job.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Don't stand up your 360, lay that sucker on its side, any vibration can cause the disk to shake in the tray but not if its on its side.
killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts
Why are you calling technical support for the noise? Your 360 won't explode. Untill your 360 starts to really bum out on you, get over all your problems.
tumulisy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tumulisy
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
lie thats what i did. my 360 showed 3 red light but then worked after that but the lady kept on asking questions so i just said it showing it right now
Wardenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Wardenb
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts
my xbox is brand new however on some games (such as oblivian) it is starting to make some crazy noises, however i see no scratches on my disks at all, so i gess its just the type of drive i have