Microsoft banned my Xbox Live gamertag

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UglyJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 UglyJackass
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts

I tried singing on today to play some Gears of War online and I got the message "In accordance to Xbox Live policy, the gamertag UglyJackass is no longer allowed. Please change your gamertag before playing on Xbox Live". What a load of bull****! After 5 years of having my Xbox Live gamertag since the original Xbox console, Microsoft's decide to ban it today. These idiots took almost half a decade to decide that my tag name is not appropriate. I wouldn't of mind if my account was like a year old but after 5 years and now they decided to ban it is really aggravating. Xbox Support is gonna hear it from me tomorrow!

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
maybe since having the feedback system now more people might have been reporting you
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
UglyJackass isn't even offensive, well maybe to ugly jackasses but they asked for it, always bein such jackasses and not being very attractive.
*abacabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 *abacabb
Member since 2003 • 8834 Posts
yeah it's about the people reporting you. just change it and relax.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]GamingThief

If your crafty and call and complain good enough you'll likely get a free year out some other amount of time for it. But I guarantee you'll still have to change your name. But the loyal customer bit and the time you spent with the tag and the outrage and blah blah. I've guilt tripped my way into free stuff all the time that way.

UglyJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UglyJackass

I don't talk trash since I don't use my mic and I don't cheat when I play.I don't quit games early unless my Xbox freezes or my line gets disconnected which happens once every blue moon. So the only reason that they could report me is havingthe name.I find it pathetic if a person reported me for having a name that doesn't even concern them.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I don't talk trash since I don't use my mic and I don't cheat when I play.I don't quit games early unless my Xbox freezes or my line gets disconnected which happens once every blue moon. So the only reason that they could report me is havingthe name.I find it pathetic if a person reported me for having a name that doesn't even concern them.

UglyJackass

change your gamertag to IAmAUglyJackass..maybe that helps. I think the word Ass is inappropiate for them

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
they are banning people that have a modded 360
UglyJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UglyJackass

change your gamertag to IAmAUglyJackass..maybe that helps. I think the word Ass is inappropiate for themkillerfist

It took them 5 years to decide the word "ass" or "jackass"in my tag is inappropiate. They knew this when I created my account in 2002 and each year they took money out my bank account for the membership fee. They have to come up with a better reason than that.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

[QUOTE="killerfist"]change your gamertag to IAmAUglyJackass..maybe that helps. I think the word Ass is inappropiate for themUglyJackass

It took them 5years to decide the word "ass" in my tag is inappropiate. They knew this when Icreated my account in 2002 and each year they took money out my bank account for the membership fee. They have to come up with a better reason than that.

yeah stupid I know. call then and ask what its all about. maybe they ve made a mistake?

UglyJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UglyJackass

I called Xbox support to ask them why my tag name is no longer allowed online and the guy told me that I have been reported by players for having an offensive name. I asked him why would my gamertag get banned now after so many years of having it and having no problem until now. I asked him to transfer me to his supervisor so I could find out the exact reason. The support supervisor tells me that the system detected a offesive word in my gamertag, the word "jackass." I asked him why the system is forcing me to make a new tag name after having it so many years and he tells me that they just recently updated system the which bans the word jackass. They were giving me a free gamertag change as compensation for this issue which I'm not happy about.

I decided to make a new gamertag but with a the word "jackass" in it to see if they really banned the word. I first tried "YouJackass" and the system tells me that name is taken. I found this weird because I was told the word jackass is ban from Xbox Live. This is what I find really fishy, the system suggested a couple of gamertags with the word jackass, "DullYouJackass" and "MintYouJackass." I tried another gamertag "YouUglyJackass" which people will find offensive than my original tag "UglyJackass" and the system tells it's me available. What the **** is going on here, if Mircosoft no longer allowed my name on Xbox Live because of the work "jackass" why would it suggest me new gamertags with the word jackass and I can even create a offensive name "YouUglyJackass." I took pictures of my tv screen showing that the system is letting me make new tag names with the word "jackass" just to have it as proof so Microsoft wouldn't tell me I was lying.

I called up Xbox support to give me an explanation why the system is forcing me to change my original name "UglyJackass" which I've had for many years but I can create a new tag with the word "jackass." The tech support guy couldn't give me an explanation so he tried to cancel the force gamertag change on his computer so I can keep my name but he couldn't. He transferred meto his supervisor and after 10 minutes on hold, I got cut off. That aggravated me even more so I called again and I specifficaly asked for a supervisor right away. She put on me hold to get a supervisor and after 30 minutes of waiting, my phone cuts off! I call back again and I'm still waiting to talk to a supervisor. I'll post the outcome once I get through with my phone call.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I called Xbox support to ask them why my tag name is no longer allowed online and the guy told me that I have been reported by players for having an offensive name. I asked him why would my gamertag get banned now after so many years of having it and having no problem until now. I asked him to transfer me to his supervisor so I could find out the exact reason. The support supervisor tells me that the system detected a offesive word in my gamertag, the word "jackass." I asked him why the system is forcing me to make a new tag name after having it so many years and he tells me that they just recently updated system the which bans the word jackass. They were giving me a free gamertag change as compensation for this issue which I'm not happy about.

I decided to make a new gamertag but with a the word "jackass" in it to see if they really banned the word. I first tried "YouJackass" and the system tells me that name is taken. I found this weird because I was told the word jackass is ban from Xbox Live. This is what I find really fishy, the system suggested a couple of gamertags with the word jackass, "DullYouJackass" and "MintYouJackass." I tried another gamertag "YouUglyJackass" which people will find offensive than my original tag "UglyJackass" and the system tells it's me available. What the **** is going on here, if Mircosoft no longer allowed my name on Xbox Live because of the work "jackass" why would it suggest me new gamertags with the word jackass and I can even create a offensive name "YouUglyJackass." I took pictures of my tv screen showing that the system is letting me make new tag names with the word "jackass" just to have it as proof so Microsoft wouldn't tell me I was lying.

I called up Xbox support to give me an explanation why the system is forcing me to change my original name "UglyJackass" which I've had for many years but I can create a new tag with the word "jackass." The tech support guy couldn't give me an explanation so he tried to cancel the force gamertag change on his computer so I can keep my name but he couldn't. He transferred meto his supervisor and after 10 minutes on hold, I got cut off. That aggravated me even more so I called again and I specifficaly asked for a supervisor right away. She put on me hold to get a supervisor and after 30 minutes of waiting, my phone cuts off! I call back again and I'm still waiting to talk to a supervisor. I'll post the outcome once I get through with my phone call.

UglyJackass

LOL! Awesome burn on MS!

KoRn_Eddy_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KoRn_Eddy_88
Member since 2005 • 1619 Posts
haha youuglyjackass :) thats comedy
fleasquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fleasquire
Member since 2004 • 2001 Posts
This is actually pretty funny. But, I do think you are wasting a little too much time on this. Yeah, I know microsoft is wrong and w/e, but even if you do get to keep the name, who knows how long it will be before they force you to change it again. But anyway, good luck!
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
lol nice change on your name and i think that m$ is getting a little too cheap with that kinda stuff, i dont find that one as bad as the guy who i met whos gt was sister fister
Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts
dude relax, there letting you change it for free, get over it
UglyJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UglyJackass

This is actually pretty funny. But, I do think you are wasting a little too much time on this. Yeah, I know microsoft is wrong and w/e, but even if you do get to keep the name, who knows how long it will be before they force you to change it again. But anyway, good luck!fleasquire

I just got off the phone with Xbox support andthe supervisorsaid that I can use the "YouUglyJackass" gamertag but the system will still reject it from being able to go on Xbox Live because of the word "jackass". I told him if I create this gamertag and it lets me play online, I'm calling him back. Well, the Xbox support supervisoris wrong! I can sign on Xbox Live with my new and much more offensive screename YouUglyJackass!

Qwickkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Qwickkiller
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts

maybe since having the feedback system now more people might have been reporting youandyboiii

DING DING...we may have a winner here Bob

danzoid_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danzoid_101
Member since 2005 • 1592 Posts
dude just take it like a man seriosly how old are you? They're saying that its offensive why cant you just chagnge it for FREE if you had to pay then i would be pissed.
UglyJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 UglyJackass

dude just take it like a man seriosly how old are you? They're saying that its offensive why cant you just chagnge it for FREE if you had to pay then i would be pissed. danzoid_101

I changed my gamertag to "YouUglyJackass." This gamertag is offensive compared to my original gamertag "UglyJackass." I'm posting this to show Microsoft's gamertag system is badly flawed. If they claim that they banned my original gamertag because the word "jackass" is offensive, why would it let me create a newname with the word "jackass" in it? Their system even suggested me a couple of names with the word jackass. I'll be expecting my new tag name to get banned since it worst and Microsoft will be hearing from me again.

rulo_rezn0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rulo_rezn0r
Member since 2006 • 1351 Posts

UglyJackass isn't even offensive, well maybe to ugly jackasses but they asked for it, always bein such jackasses and not being very attractive.Ket87

hhaha xD

danzoid_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 danzoid_101
Member since 2005 • 1592 Posts

[QUOTE="danzoid_101"]dude just take it like a man seriosly how old are you? They're saying that its offensive why cant you just chagnge it for FREE if you had to pay then i would be pissed. UglyJackass

I changed my gamertag to "YouUglyJackass." This gamertag is offensive compared to my original gamertag "UglyJackass." I'm posting this to show Microsoft's gamertag system is badly flawed. If they claim that they banned my original gamertag because the word "jackass" is offensive, why would it let me create a newname with the word "jackass" in it? Their system even suggested me a couple of names with the word jackass. I'll be expecting my new tag name to get banned since it worst and Microsoft will be hearing from me again.

true just keep changing it to something with jackass in it then if they ask why you can just say that the "system" suggested it for you.

forgot_my_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 forgot_my_name
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts

I tried singing on today to play some Gears of War online and I got the message "In accordance to Xbox Live policy, the gamertag UglyJackass is no longer allowed. Please change your gamertag before playing on Xbox Live". What a load of bull****! After 5 years of having my Xbox Live gamertag since the original Xbox console, Microsoft's decide to ban it today. These idiots took almost half a decade to decide that my tag name is not appropriate. I wouldn't of mind if my account was like a year old but after 5 years and now they decided to ban it is really aggravating. Xbox Support is gonna hear it from me tomorrow!

UglyJackass

Change it to Ugly_Jackass :P

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#27 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts

I get a bit attactched to my online handles and persona, so I can imagine how angry I would be if I was a long time user of such and one day was told no good... but then again, even tho Live should not be totally cattered to children, something about ass or the name jack must come off as offensive... make the change.

if you really wanted to spite them you could use a name hating on MS or something childish along those lines... either way, its most likely some jerks on Gears who are out for yer number... too bad

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

Ugly jackass isn't even an offensive user name:|

I've seen much worse online... I really don't think there's a reason to ban it. The word "Jackass" is no worse than the word "damn" or"hell" imo.

starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts

pretty funny thread XD

I don't find that username offensive either

maybe it just bans the username AFTER someone reports it ...or maybe after more than one reportings from other users ...then MS sees that a lot of users find your username offensive and after that they proceed with the banning ...maybe that's the way it works

good luck anyway :P

rexxpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rexxpro
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

I know, Sue Microsoft for the pain and suffering this ban of your usertag has caused you.

in your statement of claim you want it ordered that the word jackass be allowed to be used in Xbox Live as well as damages.

ask for compensatory damages of how much the phone calls and your time is worth.

ask for punititive damages for 100 000$ for stress, pain, suffering, depression you now suffer from not being able to use your usertag, etc

ask for costs.

UglyJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 UglyJackass

I know, Sue Microsoft for the pain and suffering this ban of your usertag has caused you.

in your statement of claim you want it ordered that the word jackass be allowed to be used in Xbox Live as well as damages.

ask for compensatory damages of how much the phone calls and your time is worth.

ask for punititive damages for 100 000$ for stress, pain, suffering, depression you now suffer from not being able to use your usertag, etc

ask for costs.

rexxpro

That's taking it too far. I just want them to fix the way their system works and stop misinforming me about how my tag was banned from Xbox Live on the first place. If the word "jackass" is so offensive why would the system let me create "YouUglyJackass" after they banned my last tag for the word jackass. Why is the word jackass not being filtered out? If they can program a software to take money out my bank account every year for membership fees, they should be able to easily program a gamertag filter system.

timmotool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 timmotool
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Geez, i hope my GT doesent get banned... everyone loves it! Would suck alot to lose it.
UglyJackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UglyJackass

Geez, i hope my GT doesent get banned... everyone loves it! Would suck alot to lose it.timmotool

Watch out for sore losers, they'll report you for no apparent reason just because they lost the game.

tkemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tkemory
Member since 2002 • 2191 Posts
[QUOTE="rexxpro"]

ask for costs.

UglyJackass

That's taking it too far. I just want them to fix the way their system works and stop misinforming me about how my tag was banned from Xbox Live on the first place. If the word "jackass" is so offensive why would the system let me create "YouUglyJackass" after they banned my last tag for the word jackass. Why is the word jackass not being filtered out? If they can program a software to take money out my bank account every year for membership fees, they should be able to easily program a gamertag filter system.

I just reported your userid to Gamespot for its offensiveness...

Avatar image for clifftrapremove
clifftrapremove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clifftrapremove
Member since 2004 • 825 Posts

UglyJackass

I am not going to lie, i love that gamertag.

longhair72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 longhair72
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts

Well i heard you do not pay to change your name...that should be a consolation.

They became more strict in their policy wich is great and i hope at least some of the junk in Kxbox live is going to be banned...solrry for you though, don;t make a big deal out of it just change it with Ugly Donkey LOL

UglyJackass
Avatar image for Jedi_Master1121
Jedi_Master1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 Jedi_Master1121
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

GOD Stop whining! You know its a name where people are going to complain about because you put Jackass on there. I'm not trying to be a hard head but it says on xbox policies right there that make sure its a screen name thats not offense and it is. I would of reported you if you pissed of off on live too.

Just change it and shut up about it you are not going to win.

sonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sonj
Member since 2003 • 145 Posts

[QUOTE="timmotool"]Geez, i hope my GT doesent get banned... everyone loves it! Would suck alot to lose it.UglyJackass

Watch out for sore losers, they'll report you for no apparent reason just because they lost the game.

So what? That is what I tend to do.

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
are u gonna have to pay or are they letting u change it for free if theyre chargind thatd piss me off too
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#41 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Maybe should had a donkey as your game picture.
HIDDENin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HIDDENin
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts

I guess it's pretty lame, but I don't see why it is so hard to just change it.

starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 starfxxxer
Geez, i hope my GT doesent get banned... everyone loves it! Would suck alot to lose it.timmotool
:lol: man o man you're next ...I bet you're username is more offensive to some than the TC's:lol:
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 starfxxxer

I guess it's pretty lame, but I don't see why it is so hard to just change it.

HIDDENin
some people just love their username so much that they would spend hours on the phone to get it back;P ...and then some more lol
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#45 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

You should have chosen StatesideDaisy as the possible choices said.

No, just kidding. Fight the power.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
I do agree that you having to change your username is rather lame, but I don't understand why you must carry on with this whole debacle. You were offered a free name change, what more do you want?
grayoldwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 grayoldwolf
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts

I support the TC in this - it's crazy that after five years he can't keep his GT. Come on, a jackass is simply a male donkey. What's so offensive about that? It has the word "ass" in it? So does "assassin", and I've played countless games against noobs who think they're all cool and edgy and skilled because they have "assassin" or some variant thereof in their GT.

Sounds like MS is having a common sense failure. Anyone surprised?

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Change your name to "UGLYJACKARS"

deadFalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 deadFalling
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts

UglyJackass isn't even offensive, well maybe to ugly jackasses but they asked for it, always bein such jackasses and not being very attractive.Ket87

lol

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
PWNED lol