MGS4 Possibility

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jagermizer_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jagermizer_21
Member since 2003 • 127 Posts

I am sorry if there is another thread for this, I searched for a little while and didn't find one

I got my XBox Mag. the other day and in there it said by a reliable source the mgs4 is going to be ported to the 360 about 3 months or so after it is released, and it is going to be worked on by a different group then Kojima. It said that it hasn't been officially announced, but the the source was reliable

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
I heard that also from someone else, in my opinion however, the only realiable source is Kojima, if Kojima says its coming to the 360, then its coming to the 360.
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
but kojima does not have to say yes in order for it to go to the 360 if konami wants to port it to the 360 they will....the new xbox magazine says that konami has a different team then kojimas working on the 360 port.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
man it aint gunna happen. and i really wouldnt want anyone but kojima making or at least having a significant role in the gams creation.
jagermizer_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jagermizer_21

man it aint gunna happen. and i really wouldnt want anyone but kojima making or at least having a significant role in the gams creation.Miguel16

I really wouldn't rule out the possibility, supposedly re5 and dmc4 were supposed to be ps3 exclusives also. Technically Kojima will still be making the game he is just not going to work on the port for the 360 and also as long as Konami wants to produce it for the 360 then they can, cuz Sony has purchased the exclusive rights for the game yet. Atleast that I know of, I could be wrong, if so please let me know

Carbon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Carbon_
Member since 2006 • 1491 Posts
Sorry to say, but it's been posted multiple times already...
ryan_mirow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ryan_mirow
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

Kojima workd for Konami, not the other way around. If kojima doesn't want to make a game for 360, then good for him - it's not his decision to make. If konami wants to be nice and honor his wishes, they certainly can, but if they employ a separate team to port the game, then more power to them.

Personally, I think it'll come out in like 6 months with some extra content (MOAR SKATEBOARDIGN PERHAPZ?!?)

booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts
I heard that also from someone else, in my opinion however, the only realiable source is Kojima, if Kojima says its coming to the 360, then its coming to the 360.Ghost_Warrior
Exactly.
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
EFF MGS, wont buy it even if it does come to the 360, Bad controls, awful animations, stupid story, 30 min long cutscenes equals ME BUYING SPLINTER CELL!!!!!! THERE I SAID IT!!!!!!!!! p.s watch the new gameplay trailer for RE5 AND YOU WILL FORGET ABOUTMGS
ashuncc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ashuncc2
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts

I am sorry if there is another thread for this, I searched for a little while and didn't find one

I got my XBox Mag. the other day and in there it said by a reliable source the mgs4 is going to be ported to the 360 about 3 months or so after it is released, and it is going to be worked on by a different group then Kojima. It said that it hasn't been officially announced, but the the source was reliable

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

jagermizer_21

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?board_id=909102864&topic_id=25793515

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
I heard that also from someone else, in my opinion however, the only realiable source is Kojima, if Kojima says its coming to the 360, then its coming to the 360.Ghost_Warrior
unfortunately (for SONY) the big guys (KONAMI) can port the game if they want, even if Kojima says no, since KONAMI are the guys who pay the bills so it´s still possible.
madhattershat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 madhattershat1
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

MGS4 will most likely make it to 360, snake eater didn't make it because it was more for diehard fans then the general public. this one however continues the story of the sons of liberty which was ported to xbox after some time, but i'm not holding my breath.

SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
OMG NOT another one of these kind of posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
madhattershat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 madhattershat1
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

OMG NOT another one of these kind of posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SizeMatterzz

im with you on that, if you want MGS4 get a PS3.

Diablo2343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Diablo2343
Member since 2003 • 982 Posts
I've heard the same thing. Basically rumors. What I heard, Kojima doesnt want to do it, thinks it will take away from the game. Konami is/might or is not considering a group of dev's to port it over.
jagermizer_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jagermizer_21

[QUOTE="SizeMatterzz"]OMG NOT another one of these kind of posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!madhattershat1

im with you on that, if you want MGS4 get a PS3.

Had i saw the other post, i wouldn't have created this one, sorry about that, but for the other point, why would I buy a ps3 for one game if that game might be coming out on the 360

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

[QUOTE="Miguel16"]man it aint gunna happen. and i really wouldnt want anyone but kojima making or at least having a significant role in the gams creation.jagermizer_21

I really wouldn't rule out the possibility, supposedly re5 and dmc4 were supposed to be ps3 exclusives also. Technically Kojima will still be making the game he is just not going to work on the port for the 360 and also as long as Konami wants to produce it for the 360 then they can, cuz Sony has purchased the exclusive rights for the game yet. Atleast that I know of, I could be wrong, if so please let me know

Actually, they have, ill dig up the article from kotaku in a bit, but the sony exec said that in the agreement they have with konami, it calls for exclusivity of the game. The ghame is not going to come out for 360, just let it go. RE5 was never gunna be exclusive to ps3. It was announced for ps3/360 at the same time. dmc4 on the other hand is as u say and nevertheless they are two games idont care for. Either way all i know is that imn gunna be enjoying this game on my ps3 no doubt.

EDIT: Here

http://kotaku.com/gaming/addendum/eleventh-reason-why-mgs4-is-ps3-only-282124.php

now can we stop with these played out topics?

Lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Lordofultima
Member since 2004 • 304 Posts
EFF MGS, wont buy it even if it does come to the 360, Bad controls, awful animations, stupid story, 30 min long cutscenes equals ME BUYING SPLINTER CELL!!!!!! THERE I SAID IT!!!!!!!!! p.s watch the new gameplay trailer for RE5 AND YOU WILL FORGET ABOUTMGSaxes03

If you were paying attention to the gameplay trailer of MGS then you'd know how a lot of the controls are now context sensitive and all the animations have been reworked. Speaking of stupid story, how 'bout that Resident Evil...give me a break.
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
It's not up to Komjima it's up to Komani. They have a say into who gets what, NOT Kojima. Now Kojima can say "no I don't want to port it to the 360." Then Konami can chose another developer to do it for them. But I think it will come on the 360. And I wouldn't be suprised if it came out the same time as the PS3 version, because alot can happen between now and 2008. I mean really...
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
....honestly, I doubt it.
marcandrer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 marcandrer
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

[QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"]I heard that also from someone else, in my opinion however, the only realiable source is Kojima, if Kojima says its coming to the 360, then its coming to the 360.thekey
It's not up to Komjima it's up to Komani. They have a say into who gets what, NOT Kojima. Now Kojima can say "no I don't want to port it to the 360." Then Konami can chose another developer to do it for them. But I think it will come on the 360. And I wouldn't be suprised if it came out the same time as the PS3 version, because alot can happen between now and 2008. I mean really...

yeah sure same release date.. cant wait to see that happen.

Th3James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Th3James
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

i really think that it won't sony NEEDS Mgs4M$ doesn't they already got alot of ps3's exclusive ip's so 360 olny users give up come on you guys have the better half of the exclusivity thingy

i don't worry thou cuz i have both :D

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="thekey"][QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"]I heard that also from someone else, in my opinion however, the only realiable source is Kojima, if Kojima says its coming to the 360, then its coming to the 360.marcandrer

yeah sure same release date.. cant wait to see that happen.

to be honest i am more of a sony fan then an MS fan (i own both consoles but started to love my ps3 more afetr my system got the 3 rings its in repair right now) and i just dont tihnk it will come to the 360... All of you say its not upto Kojima and your referring to him as if hes any little developer on the company. Hes 1 of their top developers and im pretty sure they ouldnt want him leaving or pissing him off. Even at the bottom of konamis main site they have Kojima inc written on it. Well if it does come out for 360 which is a possibility it will never be at the same release. 1st. the game isnt even finished on the ps3. You cant start a port of an unfinished game(i think) and ports dont take 2 months you have to completely rewrite everything look at oblivion and other ports for ps3. Well dont take this message as a fanboy comment as i love my 360 and im dying for mass effect i just prefer the other console voer my 360.

ringbling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ringbling
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
If it happens, I bet the only things that might be different is the physics, and a drop in the graphics resolution. They might be using the PS3's hardware physics chip, to which they would port to a software physics emulator on the 360, and they wouldn't have time to make the graphics as sharp on the port so those would drop a bit. but either way, as a huge PS3 fan I say they should do it, I have friends that played MGS1 on gamecube then part 2 on xbox and got screwed on being able to play part 3, which should have been ported to the xbox - which MS killed too soon, cause Sony is still making a killing on PS2. Nonetheless, to end my rambling, it would be good as a port to the 360, just not as good as it will be on the system it is meant for.
Hypochondria9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Hypochondria9
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
MGS4 will be atleast a timed exclusive, we might see it on the 360 some time after it comes out for PS3, it will probably come down to the amount of games sold and how much money they make from it, if they want more they can port it to 360. It might come put the same time as PS3 but I really doubt it.
rockhead1490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rockhead1490
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
If it comes out for the two, it will be better for the ps3 because obviously it was built specifically for it. If you want to enjoy the game in all its glory, it should be played on ps3 and not even worry as to whether or not its comming to 360.
Kevanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kevanio
Member since 2006 • 580 Posts

you do realise kojami is finished with MGS after this one, so they can do whatever they want lol

ninja gaiden the guy who made that loves xbox but he got his understudy to port it to ps3 and call it sigma

so possibly konami could get another team to do it if they want the money that badly

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts
http://kotaku.com/gaming/addendum/eleventh-reason-why-mgs4-is-ps3-only-282124.php this clarifies alot of stuff up. but its about time sony has started paying for exclusives. i dont like this console war. i beleive both systems should ahve their set of games exclusive to their platform. I liked being able to choose on my xbox far cry or halo then on my ps3 FFx or Metal gear and thats how it should be and i hope MS and Sony buys more exclsuives.
Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fyper
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts

Ok, something is bugging me. Let's say this rumour is true. Why Oh why, do people think because it's being ported by someone other then Kojima, the game wasn't made by Kojima?

Seriously, do some people really believe that if it's being ported, the game will be remade by a team where Kojima is not part off? It's annoying to see some people actually think that to be true. 'Have fun with it, it's not made by Kojima so it's crap!' etc.

It's made by Kojima, just not ported by him. Understand, please. It's common sense, I don't understand why people think otherwise. Again, just assuming the rumour is true that is.

Quadster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 Quadster
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
I know it's not the same game, but when Twin Snakes was released i wasn't sure what it was gonna be like. It was ported by Silicon Knights, and TBH, they did a great job in vamping it up, and not just with the MGS2 Engine, but improved graphics, textures, and animations, like the Anime-esq slow motion effects they used, (1st Gray Fox encounter for example) I know it's only a possibility but i sure hope they port MGS4 over to the 360 and even the PC, As MGS:Integral and Substance were both on PC
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I know I wouldn't want another team doing the port. I would want the same team to do it. If Kojima anounces that its coming to the 360 then I'll be on board. Well until then I'm doubtful.