Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360 Kojima is hinting towards it! Proof Inside!!!!

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bjl1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bjl1029
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 4 not compromised for 360, may slip out of 2007

[ps3] [xbox360]

During the latest edition of Kojima Productions' Kojima Productions Report, host Ryan Payton hinted at a possible release date slip for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) and assured fans that the game is being optimized from the ground up for PlayStation 3. Staffers from 1UP joined Payton to discuss the game, and asked early on when the game will be released. "We're working hard," said Payton. "That said, I don't think people would be too mad if it came out a few months late. It's still MGS4, everybody's still going to buy it and love it, right?"

Recently, GameStop/EBGames switched its internal release date for Metal Gear Solid 4 from September 1, 2007 to March 1, 2008. Retailer release dates are rarely accurate months in advance, barring an early official publisher announcement. This week's comments from Payton, however, may imply that the game needs a bit more time than initially projected. Past Metal Gear Solid 4 trailers have featured a general release period of 2007.

During a reader mail section, Payton addressed fears seen among some of the dedicated Metal Gear fanbase that the game will end up being released for Xbox 360 as well as PlayStation 3. One 1UP staffer pointed out that he feels it a legitimate concern that, if the game is being developed concurrently for another platform, it may suffer from a lack of sufficient total resources. "I can tell you honestly at this point, we have not changed the game in any form with the idea of that we've got to do this on 360," responded Payton. "Put aside whether or not we're developing for 360 or not, but the game is built on the PS3 hardware, as you guys have known for the past two years almost."

Payton's measured response, which stops short of any indication that Metal Gear Solid is in fact not in development for Xbox 360, may indicate that publisher Konami has elected to take a dual platform approach to the game in a modern development environment that has quickly seen the concept of high-budget third party exclusives disappear almost entirely.

budorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 budorz
Member since 2003 • 1406 Posts
If it does come out for the 360, I don't plan on seeing it anytime soon after the PS3 release.. Or they plan on doing things a different way then they did on the Xbox1.
slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts

Didnt Kojima already confirm that he wanted to do a game on the 360 before?

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
he said theres no chance, not to long ago.
rulo_rezn0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 rulo_rezn0r
Member since 2006 • 1351 Posts

he said theres no chance, not to long ago.tree-branch

well, this game is costin a lot to konami and the ps3 doesnt have a big userbase so, maybe kojima is not plannin to port the game, all right, thats fine, but maybe konami would do it via another dev team (just like gearbox, instead of bungie, ported Halo to PC)

at the end of the day, konami needs to make some profit, and thats what important, not fanboys crying and protesting for MGS4 exclusivity

slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 slipslayer_666

hum, must have been thinking of something else then.

Well then this is good news, lets hope that we get something besides Downloadable content, and achievement points on our system. Just like they did with MGS2.

CQCmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CQCmasta
Member since 2006 • 724 Posts

woteva u say my friends

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/feature-talkin-metal-gear-with-hideo-kojima-248695.php 

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day.

slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slipslayer_666

woteva u say my friends

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/feature-talkin-metal-gear-with-hideo-kojima-248695.php 

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day.

CQCmasta

as true as that statement is theres still the point when the Producer says this movie isnt selling to well lets move it to dvd to try to compensate.
What did we learn from Terminator 3?

andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
i dought it very much but it would be soo cool if it was true
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
[QUOTE="CQCmasta"]

woteva u say my friends

slipslayer_666

as true as that statement is theres still the point when the Producer says this movie isnt selling to well lets move it to dvd to try to compensate.
What did we learn from Terminator 3?

Exactly - I read this too and while it definitely says the game is developed for the PS3 it in no way discounts a 360 version.  In fact don't ALL theater movies wind up on DVD eventually?

I suspect there'll be about a 6 month gap or so but after the PS3 exclusivity wears off they will take the game where the money is - the 360.  The only other thing Kojima says in this article really is that 360 owners have started the rumor because they want the game.  Obviously if a developer knows who the masses are that want the game - they will deliver it to them, it just won't be as soon as the PS3.

Of course this is speculation - but that's what I got from the article and Kojima has yet to fully denounce a 360 version.  In fact saying that regardless of if there's a 360 version in development or not the game is optimized for the PS3 - it pretty much saying that it is in development for the 360 in some form.

:)

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
I wouldn't exagerate till there is some official info.
319ni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 319ni
Member since 2005 • 1159 Posts

id like mgs4 on 360 but im not overly bothered either way, after all we will have halo 3 and that makes me feel all warm and cuddly

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DataDream

id like mgs4 on 360 but im not overly bothered either way, after all we will have halo 3 and that makes me feel all warm and cuddly

319ni

Exactly and in my personal opinion I like the Splinter Cell series better and it's very similar.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

how come you and other ***** misinterpretate this all the time?

if it says anything, it says it's NOT coming to the 360.

also, this has been posted numerous times. if it's two hours old, it's ancient here. 

seeker202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 seeker202
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts
Obviously it would be great for microsoft if it is true but i'm not that bothered if it is or isn't. I never really got into any of the MGS games.
oo769er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 oo769er
Member since 2003 • 2539 Posts
I don't think it will happen, but i do think Kojima wants to make a new game series on 360.. just not MGS4.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

how come you and other ***** misinterpretate this all the time?

if it says anything, it says it's NOT coming to the 360.

also, this has been posted numerous times. if it's two hours old, it's ancient here.

danneswegman

exactly what i was thinking.  i didnt see anywhere in the article that would indicate the possibility of an X360 version. 

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Not a chance in hell, move on.
Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Strap_happy
Member since 2005 • 682 Posts

"Put aside whether or not we're developing for 360 or not, but the game is built on the PS3 hardware, as you guys have known for the past two years almost."

Payton's measured response, which stops short of any indication that Metal Gear Solid is in fact not in development for Xbox 360, may indicate that publisher Konami has elected to take a dual platform approach to the game in a modern development environment that has quickly seen the concept of high-budget third party exclusives disappear almost entirely.

bjl1029
Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Strap_happy
Member since 2005 • 682 Posts

"Put aside whether or not we're developing for 360 or not, but the game is built on the PS3 hardware, as you guys have known for the past two years almost."

bjl1029

If it wasnt comeing to the xbox360 why not say "No we are not developing it on the 360 so dont worry about it", like they could have done all the way along?

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
If it does come out then I would feel a lot better because I don't have to worry much about spending 600 euros on the PS3 for some exclusives. If it does come for the 360 then Sony has pretty much lost all of their good exclusives. We have GTA, DMC, Final Fantasy Xlll will eventually come over to the 360 a little after it comes on the PS3, and now we might almost get MGS. I hope it does come over.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Of course this is speculation - but that's what I got from the article and Kojima has yet to fully denounce a 360 version. In fact saying that regardless of if there's a 360 version in development or not the game is optimized for the PS3 - it pretty much saying that it is in development for the 360 in some form.DataDream
Kojima has said before, its for PS3 only. Kojima has said before they're using 50gig disks for it. Just like Square has said FF13 is for PS3 only... unplug your ears.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
sorry if this is a bit of a 'noob' question, but why dnt they realease it for 360 as well. surely theyll get more revenue than just releasing it 4 ps3
feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 feel_freetwo
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
[QUOTE="DataDream"]Of course this is speculation - but that's what I got from the article and Kojima has yet to fully denounce a 360 version. In fact saying that regardless of if there's a 360 version in development or not the game is optimized for the PS3 - it pretty much saying that it is in development for the 360 in some form.teebeenz
Kojima has said before, its for PS3 only. Kojima has said before they're using 50gig disks for it. Just like Square has said FF13 is for PS3 only... unplug your ears.

although your right, the same was said for dmc. however the chance of mgs4 beign released on the 360 at the same time as the ps3 is nearly ZERO. but a substance version is possible. and ive been following kojima around for some time, he says ALOT of things, most end up not being true. he has said that if the game had to go on dvds he would find a way, he has said that mgs online may come in a seperate package. everytthing kojima says you must take with a grain of salt.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 teebeenz
[QUOTE="feel_freetwo"] although your right, the same was said for dmc.

Not quite, they had said it was for the PS3, but then they sorta went silent. Given they were rpoducing other titles for the 360 it was possible if not probable it may make the move, tho it took many by surprise they'd do something like that. However as always, first gen exclusives are not always gen exclusives.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
MGS is overrated and Kojima's a conceited ass... I'll put as little money as I can into his pocket. He fancies himself to be as legendary as Miyamoto or Nolan Bushnell or something and it's just not the case. I got a 360 instead of a PS3 just because MGS was the only exclusive on that console. F Kojima.
WarTime71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WarTime71
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts

MGS is overrated and Kojima's a conceited ass... I'll put as little money as I can into his pocket. He fancies himself to be as legendary as Miyamoto or Nolan Bushnell or something and it's just not the case. I got a 360 instead of a PS3 just because MGS was the only exclusive on that console. F Kojima.Generic_Dude

Finally somebody who agrees with me *starts slow clap*

Troyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Troyb
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
They could possibly have a working version on the 360 already, but that doesnt mean we will ever see it. Just like the dreamcast halflife game.
lobobizarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lobobizarro
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts

[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]MGS is overrated and Kojima's a conceited ass... I'll put as little money as I can into his pocket. He fancies himself to be as legendary as Miyamoto or Nolan Bushnell or something and it's just not the case. I got a 360 instead of a PS3 just because MGS was the only exclusive on that console. F Kojima.WarTime71

Finally somebody who agrees with me *starts slow clap*

heh, I could care less about MGS... I have never played any of the series. Same could be said for Final Fantasy, the only one I started to play and stop soon after was FFVII, and that was on the PC. 

booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts

Lets wait and see what happends.Im not going to start saying things when this is not 110% shure then i wont say much about this.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 teebeenz
MGS gameplay isnt for everyone, but its got a really well detailed story. But no matter who you are, you have to admit the latest versions of the metal gears own.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

There is no chance that it won't come to the 360. It would be the fiscal equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot to not bring it to the 360. MGS4 could be as popular as Gears (and better, no doubt), so lets see here...10 million 360 owners...if even half of em buy it...that's 5 million copies sold...yeah, it's coming to the 360. It's not if, but when.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 teebeenz
Like how Wipeout came to the Xbox right? (wrong gen but you get the gist)
WarTime71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WarTime71
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts

[QUOTE="tree-branch"]he said theres no chance, not to long ago.Staryoshi87

There is no chance that it won't come to the 360. It would be the fiscal equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot to not bring it to the 360. MGS4 could be as popular as Gears (and better, no doubt), so lets see here...10 million 360 owners...if even half of em buy it...that's 5 million copies sold...yeah, it's coming to the 360. It's not if, but when.

I lyk ur logic... Thats a great way 2 put it

Avatar image for HyperMetaDragon
HyperMetaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 HyperMetaDragon
Member since 2006 • 5345 Posts

319ni

jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts

Of course it's possible. MGS2 came out on the Xbox.

But to me, this seems like a story much like the RE4 story. RE4 was released on Gamecube, and the creator promised it will be exclusive. But Capcom, seeing PS2's HUGE fanbase, and Gamecubes realitivly small one, they eventually announced that RE4 will be ported to the PS2, despite the game directors wishes. Something like that could very much happen. Though, somehow I doubt Konami would ignore something Kojima says, but then again, it makes so much sense for the $$.

trickazzmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 trickazzmark
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
so many titles that have been just for the ps3 have jumped to all consoles so i wont be surprised if MGS4 does come out for the 360
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
What does that mean? He doesn't own Konami. Didn't something similar happen with Resident Evil? Kojima isn't calling any shots here, if the game sells poorly than that could actually happen. Who knows really? I have no idea either way, but if it does I can't see them both coming the same day. Maybe there will be some kind of confirmation at E3.
format_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 format_kid
Member since 2005 • 3527 Posts
That's not exactly proof. Either way I wouldn't care.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
really not a fan of MGS. way 2 slow n boring 4 me so im not really bothered if it cums out 4 the 360. altho if we get another sony exclusive then the more the merrier
G48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 G48
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

PS3 will have no hope if MGS ports.

No Hope.

Cutekitten6_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cutekitten6_18
Member since 2005 • 22640 Posts
I really doubt it.  If its made for PS3 Hardware, that includes Blu Ray, so the game is made with all that extra memory on teh Blu Ray disc, theyd have a hard time gettign it to DVD.
Squeegeeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Squeegeeking
Member since 2006 • 123 Posts
Everyone thinks that mgs4 has no chance becasue of the size of blue ray discs, BUT Blue ray discs hold 50 gig (i think ) and a dual layer dvd holds 8 (yet agin i think it does) so could u not just do it like mgs 1 with mutiply discs?
Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts

Here is the truth and final word about this whether people like it or not:

Neither Konami representatives or Kojima have come out and stated CLEARLY that MGS4 is a PS3 exclusive.  While that does not mean anything is being developed for the 360, the fact that they have not stated this clearly means they are leaving their options open.

And, as someone mentioned, this same thing happened before with RE4.  There was probably no intention on bringing it out for the PS2 initially, but they did.  And, in that case, it was even stated to be an exclusive for the GC.

Bottom line, we don't know what the future holds with one exception:  MGS4 is coming at least to the PS3.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
I hope it does come to the 360 eventually,then all this speculation wasn't for nothing.
konradak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 konradak
Member since 2005 • 1769 Posts

I certainly hope it's coming to the 360. It's the only reason why I'm going to put down $600 for a PS3... The fact that Konami hasn't gone right out 'n said "MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive" does interest me. This means they are not ruling out a 360 port, 'n it's possible they are working to see if they can put it on the 360. Kojima (sp?) said it himself he wanted to try a 360 game, maybe his interest in the 360 has come from what he has learned about how the 360 works 'n how to program it from trying to bring MGS4 to the 360?

Iuno, eithr way, I hope it does so I dont have to spend all that money0.o

istayonfireboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 istayonfireboy
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
mgs4 is made by kojima productions thats kojimas company so he has word weither his game goes multiplat or not all konami does is publish, provide money and give a littile maybe you can do this line every now and then.there not going to make kojima do anything he doesent want to do. he brings them to much money to risk losing him by telling him what to do. and something i just remebered mgs2 was made by kojima but he didnt have his company so it was developed by konami. and it came out on ps2 and then xbox. mgs1 was made by kojima but he still didnt have his company yet so this one was developed by konami and came out on ps1and then some years later twin snakes came out on gamecube. mgs3 was under kojima productions and it and mgs3 substance were exclusive to ps2. and i didnt pull that out my ass i just went and checked the back of mgs1,mgs2, and mgs3 and you can see that has nothing to do with it but if you think about it since the game's been under kojima productions the game has stayed exclusive . and im not a fanboy i have a ps3 and a 360 two of then one of them is dead and if the new one dies i throwing it at a gamestop employee next time he says somting stupid or another one of theses threads pop up.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DataDream

[QUOTE="DataDream"]Of course this is speculation - but that's what I got from the article and Kojima has yet to fully denounce a 360 version. In fact saying that regardless of if there's a 360 version in development or not the game is optimized for the PS3 - it pretty much saying that it is in development for the 360 in some form.teebeenz

Show me one dovumented place or interview where Kojima has specifically satetd that it is not coming to the 360 - because that's not what he has said in any of he inteviews I've read including this one.  He continually says it will be optimized for the PS3 and built on PS3 hardware.  That terminology in and of itself leaves gamers open to speculation and he knows it.  If it were FOR SURE going to be a PS3 exclusive Kojima would flat out state that because it would help drive PS3 sales in anticipation for the exclusive game.  That has not happened - Kojima has not once said that there is absolutely no 360 version, instead he promotes the PS3 version everytime he is asked and never directly answers the question.

If you show me an interview that proves he directly says there will be no 360 version, then I apologize - but I've read them all for the last year and a half and he hasn't said it yet.  In fact last year the statemtn that he made that the 360 was technologically capable of supporting MSG4 is what got this rumor really going in the first place.

PEACE!!!

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DataDream

[QUOTE="teebeenz"][QUOTE="DataDream"]Of course this is speculation - but that's what I got from the article and Kojima has yet to fully denounce a 360 version. In fact saying that regardless of if there's a 360 version in development or not the game is optimized for the PS3 - it pretty much saying that it is in development for the 360 in some form.DataDream

Show me one dovumented place or interview where Kojima has specifically satetd that it is not coming to the 360 - because that's not what he has said in any of he inteviews I've read including this one.  He continually says it will be optimized for the PS3 and built on PS3 hardware.  That terminology in and of itself leaves gamers open to speculation and he knows it.  If it were FOR SURE going to be a PS3 exclusive Kojima would flat out state that because it would help drive PS3 sales in anticipation for the exclusive game.  That has not happened - Kojima has not once said that there is absolutely no 360 version, instead he promotes the PS3 version everytime he is asked and never directly answers the question.

If you show me an interview that proves he directly says there will be no 360 version, then I apologize - but I've read them all for the last year and a half and he hasn't said it yet.  In fact last year the statemtn that he made that the 360 was technologically capable of supporting MSG4 is what got this rumor really going in the first place.

PEACE!!!

LOL - major typos - sorry.  MSG4 - that's a new seasoning right?  LOL

_synapsid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 _synapsid_
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
If it comes out on the 360... ima have a gamer-gasm!