Master Chief vs. Gordon Freeman, Who Would Win???

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
I have to say the Master Chief.
SirFatalChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SirFatalChaos
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts
I would say MC, but Gordon has G-man watching him and can get him out of some sticky situations (like at the end of hl2). MC only had luck :P
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
Well... considering MC is 7ft tall and genetically modified.... but then GF has the Grav. Gun... so idk... tough call really.
anjel_of_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 anjel_of_life
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts
Gordon Freeman! I Love this man!!!, Why? Couse he is a Freeman! Be free in our world it is very difficult!
Sigma-Syd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sigma-Syd
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
Although Gordan is a pimp, no way he could take master chief. Unless he has the modded grav gun from the end of HL2, begining of episode 1 =)
xgamer40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 xgamer40
Member since 2006 • 3913 Posts
A scientist vs. a Genetically modified super soldier... well lets think about it, although the Freeman is much cooler we all know who'd win.
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
With all obvious points aside, Gordon Freeman and his oversized shoulders, would still be stuck in a damn corridor...
Avatar image for Mutatedbloodelf
Mutatedbloodelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mutatedbloodelf
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts
Gordon would chop Master Cheifs head off. Also Master Cheif can be killed by retarted alien children with weak weapons but Gordon can take down a strider like it was nothing.
XxLimeLightxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XxLimeLightxX
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Master Chief Cuz He Has Alien Weps And Godly Armor/shields
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
Well if Gordon has his Gravity Gun charged up and glowing blue (like at the end of HL2 and the beginning of HL2E1) then Master Chief would be dead in a second.
Green_Iugana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Green_Iugana
Member since 2007 • 1153 Posts

I would say master chief

dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 dark_mask_91
Member since 2007 • 3004 Posts
Freeman would kick MC ass so hard his shields will not recover
musicaz70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 musicaz70
Member since 2007 • 1949 Posts

First off, i respect you Dark Mask for that post XD. And as for me, I have absolutely no idea on this one... I think whoever did that one video where Cheif and Samus had that crazy battle should do one with Cheif and Freeman, I could see that being brutal with a crowbar... O___o

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts
Neither, Chuck Norris will break up the fight, then they call a truce and try to go against Chuck, but Chuck kicks both of them
Game_boy_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Game_boy_5
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
master chief would destroy gordon freeman
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Freeman for sure. MC is overrated, as are his games
Avatar image for fallendamnation
fallendamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fallendamnation
Member since 2004 • 5981 Posts
Gordon Freeman he owns Masterchief anyday with that crowbar of doom
PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
Master Chief would destroy Gordon Freeman. No competition!
MadTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MadTortoise
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Crowbar > armor

superstud101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 superstud101
Member since 2003 • 1150 Posts
Master chief was created with the mindset of being the galaxy's ultimate soldier. Same with the other spartans. No matter who you match up the cheif against, he'll always win. A geeky scientist in a power suit, is no match for a spartan trained from childhood, physically augmented, and with mjolnir armor.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
Master Cheif. Gordon is hardly a chacter.
superstud101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 superstud101
Member since 2003 • 1150 Posts

Gordon would chop Master Cheifs head off. Also Master Cheif can be killed by retarted alien children with weak weapons but Gordon can take down a strider like it was nothing.Mutatedbloodelf

Striders are tough but has freeman taken down 4 scarabs?

MysteryOfSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MysteryOfSteel

Gordon would own the Master Chief everytime.

For starters, I love how Halo fanboys always cite how the MC can fall from orbit unharmed in his suit. I have unpleasant news for them: the suit may survive unharmed, but the human body, even genetically altered ones, are unfortunately, still subject to the laws of physics and the obvious weaknesses of being composed of flesh, blood, and gristle. The suit may survive, but poor MC would have been reduced to a dripping red pulp, sloshing about inside of his suit after the impact at terminal velocity. Besides, I'd like to know how someone can be immune to falling from low orbit, yet still takes damage from conventional weapons like bullets, grenades and rockets. Pretty silly.

With that out of the way, Godon would win because:

1) He's smarter than the Master Chief. The smarter combatant always wins against the one who relies purely on brute force. One is a theoretical physicist who has singlehandedly stopped an alien invasion, one is a military enlisted man.

2) The Gravity Gun-- enough said (altered by the Combine confiscation field or not). Flying and dying lessons for MC...

3) Gordon has much superior weaponry, while the MC has to rely on conventional weapons like machineguns, pistols, grenades, and the crappy Covenant weapons that need to "cool off" after firing a couple rounds. Using the Gluon Gun, the MC's armor and ability to flip tanks wouldn't matter when he has been reduced to subatomic particles. The Tau Cannon would make short work of MC as well.

4) Gordon has proven his combat hardiness many times over the MC. Gordon has taken on extra-dimensional aliens in the form of the Nihilanth, Striders, Combine Gunships, Antlion hives, while MC can only boast that he can wipe out hordes of mostly repetitive, mindless enemies (the Halo designers simply change the color of the enemy to symbolize a stronger enemy) whose non-stop chatter sounds like the Umpa-Lumpas from the Chocolate Factory, and he has to have the help of his fellow marines to do even that.

5) Gordon actually has a real cutie to travel with, not to mention a ten foot, metallic dog. All MC has is a holographic blow-up doll that he keeps in his backpack.

6) Gordon has the backing of the G-MAN, who would probably own all by placing them in an inescapable pocket universe. If not, Gordon is also allied with the Vortigaunts, who possess the ability to stop time, teleport, and create highly-damaging EMP/electrical pulses-- which would spell doom for MC ("Hey!!! Why isn't my suit working?!...AHHHhhhhhh!" *ZAP*). Having a suit that weighs 2 tons would be a distinct disadvantage, were it to get hit with such an EMP pulse and rendered inoperable...

7) Gordon has shown enormous emotional and mental resolve in escaping the Nihilanth's many pocket universes he tried to imprison Gordon in.

8) Why would anyone be afraid of a guy dressed in a lime-green Power Ranger suit with a motorcycle helmet?

Enough of that though. In a true Gordon VS MC fight, the correct answer would be: they would both win because they would be on the same butt-kicking team-- that's why the aliens never win.

Darthworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Darthworm
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts
Gordon due to the grav gun
ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts

After all is said and done and the aftermath is over, all these high-tech weapons wouldn't matter because the simplest weapon would decide the winner and this would be the outcome....

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

Master Chief vs. Gordon Freeman = Gordon

Master Chief vs. Huey Freeman(Boondocks) = Huey

Master Chief vs. Morgan Freeman = Morgan...

Don't F^ck with the Freeman's

krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 krish117
Member since 2007 • 366 Posts

Well Gordon is much cooler than MC (IMO) plus he's a thinking man's warrior...but i would actually have to say MC..in a fist fight,he would rip apart freeman!

p.s--- i love half life series > halo

edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

For starters, I love how Halo fanboys always cite how the MC can fall from orbit unharmed in his suit. I have unpleasant news for them: the suit may survive unharmed, but the human body, even genetically altered ones, are unfortunately, still subject to the laws of physics and the obvious weaknesses of being composed of flesh, blood, and gristle. The suit may survive, but poor MC would have been reduced to a dripping red pulp, sloshing about inside of his suit after the impact at terminal velocity. Besides, I'd like to know how someone can be immune to falling from low orbit, yet still takes damage from conventional weapons like bullets, grenades and rockets. Pretty silly.

1) He's smarter than the Master Chief. The smarter combatant always wins against the one who relies purely on brute force. One is a theoretical physicist who has singlehandedly stopped an alien invasion, one is a military enlisted man.

2) The Gravity Gun-- enough said (altered by the Combine confiscation field or not). Flying and dying lessons for MC...

3) Gordon has much superior weaponry, while the MC has to rely on conventional weapons like machineguns, pistols, grenades, and the crappy Covenant weapons that need to "cool off" after firing a couple rounds. Using the Gluon Gun, the MC's armor and ability to flip tanks wouldn't matter when he has been reduced to subatomic particles. The Tau Cannon would make short work of MC as well.

4) Gordon has proven his combat hardiness many times over the MC. Gordon has taken on extra-dimensional aliens in the form of the Nihilanth, Striders, Combine Gunships, Antlion hives, while MC can only boast that he can wipe out hordes of mostly repetitive, mindless enemies (the Halo designers simply change the color of the enemy to symbolize a stronger enemy) whose non-stop chatter sounds like the Umpa-Lumpas from the Chocolate Factory, and he has to have the help of his fellow marines to do even that.

5) Gordon actually has a real cutie to travel with, not to mention a ten foot, metallic dog. All MC has is a holographic blow-up doll that he keeps in his backpack.

6) Gordon has the backing of the G-MAN, who would probably own all by placing them in an inescapable pocket universe. If not, Gordon is also allied with the Vortigaunts, who possess the ability to stop time, teleport, and create highly-damaging EMP/electrical pulses-- which would spell doom for MC ("Hey!!! Why isn't my suit working?!...AHHHhhhhhh!" *ZAP*). Having a suit that weighs 2 tons would be a distinct disadvantage, were it to get hit with such an EMP pulse and rendered inoperable...

7) Gordon has shown enormous emotional and mental resolve in escaping the Nihilanth's many pocket universes he tried to imprison Gordon in.

8) Why would anyone be afraid of a guy dressed in a lime-green Power Ranger suit with a motorcycle helmet?

Enough of that though. In a true Gordon VS MC fight, the correct answer would be: they would both win because they would be on the same butt-kicking team-- that's why the aliens never win.

MysteryOfSteel
LOL! Oh man I had a couple of good luaghs with this one haha!
Avatar image for Co0kieMonsterxX
Co0kieMonsterxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Co0kieMonsterxX
Member since 2008 • 717 Posts
I think Gordon freeman would win easy with the grav gun. Just pick up the cheif and drop him in some water.
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

Master Chief vs. Gordon Freeman (Half Life) = Gordon

Master Chief vs. Huey Freeman(Boondocks, tv series) = Huey

Master Chief vs. Morgan Freeman (actor) = Morgan...

AtlanticRock

I almost forgot.

Master Chief vs. Lestor Freeman(The Wire, tv series) = Lestor...

Master Chief vs. Freeman(Garou: Mark of Wolves) = Freeman

Don't F^ck with the Freeman's

Tylerdurdn71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tylerdurdn71
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts
master chief for sure.
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts

Freeman Vs. Master chief, Freeman of course

Master chief vs. Barbie, Barbie of course

Jack sparrow Vs. master chief, u guessed it... bye bye master chief.

Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Keitarourashima
I think Gordon freeman would win easy with the grav gun. Just pick up the cheif and drop him in some water.Co0kieMonsterxX
lol, yeah, I'm sure he'd drown with that armour on.
Avatar image for slayerofasavior
slayerofasavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 slayerofasavior
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

MysteryOfSteel

damn....i was leaning towards the Chief but you have got me leaning towards Gordon

particularly #6.......that's a very good point there

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I think Master Chief would win. Several people pointed out that Gordon would win if he had the charged up gravity gun, but that just makes the point even stronger: Freeman needs a superweapon to defeat the Chief. Let's take a look at a few scenarios:

• In a hand-to-hand fight, the Chief would rip Gordon apart. He's bigger and stronger naturally. He's wearing power armor developed hundreds of years after Black Mesa put together the HEV. Note that: Power armor, versus a survival suit. Furthermore in a hand-to-hand fight, Chief's MJOLNIR armor augments his strength. We've never seen Gordon kill anything bigger than a cat with his crowbar. On the other hand, I know I've killed numerous Elites and Brutes with just a butt-stroke. Want to go up against a Combine soldier with your crowbar?
  • Assault rifles: You could make a case either way. I say the Chief would win, because he's a combat soldier. One of the big things about Half-Life was suspension of disbelief. Dr. Breen sort of echos the player's thoughts in Nova Prospekt, where he wonders why the Overwatch can't kill an "engineer with no combat experience." Gordon wins because he's lucky. It's what you call "intangibles" in a fight. Well, the Chief's a hero too, so intangibles even out.
  • Sniper rifles: I don't think anyone's even going to compare that crossbow with the Halo sniper rifle.
  • Rocket launchers: The guided missile in Half-Life 2 seems far less effective against armored targets in that game than Chief's rocket launcher in Halo. You could make the argument that Combine walkers are far more resilient than Covenant tanks. I'd respond right back, "How many rockets did it take to blow up that **** Apache helicopter in Half-Life 1?"

MysteryOfSteel put some effort into this, so I'm going to respond to him.

For starters, I love how Halo fanboys always cite how the MC can fall from orbit unharmed in his suit. I have unpleasant news for them: the suit may survive unharmed, but the human body, even genetically altered ones, are unfortunately, still subject to the laws of physics and the obvious weaknesses of being composed of flesh, blood, and gristle. The suit may survive, but poor MC would have been reduced to a dripping red pulp, sloshing about inside of his suit after the impact at terminal velocity. Besides, I'd like to know how someone can be immune to falling from low orbit, yet still takes damage from conventional weapons like bullets, grenades and rockets. Pretty silly.MysteryOfSteel

The human body has a terminal velocity, and for anyone with a physics background, it's relatively easy to calculate the kinetic energy of 1,000 pounds hitting the ground at whatever that velocity is. Compare that to the energy of 10 or 20 futuristic assault rifle rounds. If anyone here has the knowledge to do this, I'd be interested to see what the numbers are. For a less scientific analysis, I would suggest that modern day man-portable explosives have the ability to scatter a human body all over the place, whereas when someone falls off a building (skydiving accident, whatever), the results are much less dramatic.

1) He's smarter than the Master Chief. The smarter combatant always wins against the one who relies purely on brute force. One is a theoretical physicist who has singlehandedly stopped an alien invasion, one is a military enlisted man.MysteryOfSteel

I disagree. There are numerous cases in military history of a more technologically (even militarily) advanced combatant being subdued by an opponent relying on brute force. I'll leave everyone to come up with their own examples.

Theoretical physicist versus an enlisted soldier...Do you want Einstein or Rambo in your platoon? I jest, but I will revise your statement:

One is a theoretical physicist who is, with the support of a technological enclave, stopping an alien invasion. One is a military enlisted man who, with the support of a massive military machine, has stopped an alien invasion.MysteryOfSteel should have

I brought that up in a similiar thread a while back. Chief's done. He won. He's the graduate. Gordon's still working on it.

2) The Gravity Gun-- enough said (altered by the Combine confiscation field or not). Flying and dying lessons for MC...MysteryOfSteel

Eh, I already talked about this.

3) Gordon has much superior weaponry, while the MC has to rely on conventional weapons like machineguns, pistols, grenades, and the crappy Covenant weapons that need to "cool off" after firing a couple rounds. Using the Gluon Gun, the MC's armor and ability to flip tanks wouldn't matter when he has been reduced to subatomic particles. The Tau Cannon would make short work of MC as well.MysteryOfSteel

You can go crazy with the exotic weapons. What about Chief with a turret he's ripped out of the ground? What about Chief with his sniper rifle? What about a scorpion tank versus Gordon's little buggy? What about Chief with a gravity hammer? The gravity hammer's an interesting one; I might point out that it has been demonstrated in the Halo games to manipulate objects at a distance.

4) Gordon has proven his combat hardiness many times over the MC. Gordon has taken on extra-dimensional aliens in the form of the Nihilanth, Striders, Combine Gunships, Antlion hives, while MC can only boast that he can wipe out hordes of mostly repetitive, mindless enemies (the Halo designers simply change the color of the enemy to symbolize a stronger enemy) whose non-stop chatter sounds like the Umpa-Lumpas from the Chocolate Factory, and he has to have the help of his fellow marines to do even that.MysteryOfSteel

Add up the number of enemy types in the Half-Life series, and the number of enemy types in the Halo series. Let's see what we come up with.

5) Gordon actually has a real cutie to travel with, not to mention a ten foot, metallic dog. All MC has is a holographic blow-up doll that he keeps in his backpack.MysteryOfSteel

Okay, that's pretty funny.

6) Gordon has the backing of the G-MAN, who would probably own all by placing them in an inescapable pocket universe. If not, Gordon is also allied with the Vortigaunts, who possess the ability to stop time, teleport, and create highly-damaging EMP/electrical pulses-- which would spell doom for MC ("Hey!!! Why isn't my suit working?!...AHHHhhhhhh!" *ZAP*). Having a suit that weighs 2 tons would be a distinct disadvantage, were it to get hit with such an EMP pulse and rendered inoperable...MysteryOfSteel

Yeah, the G-man's pretty unstoppable, but if he has to resort to deus ex machinas to win, what's the point? It's like saying Darth Vader versus Gordon Freeman, and Vader gets the Death Star. What's the point?

The Vortigaunts are rather enigmatic. They pulled Freeman away from the G-man, but then they got enslaved by Nihilanth and slaughtered by US Marines. I don't know what to say about them other than to point out: How many times has Master Chief been hit with electricity-based attacks, and how many times has his suit stopped working?

7) Gordon has shown enormous emotional and mental resolve in escaping the Nihilanth's many pocket universes he tried to imprison Gordon in.MysteryOfSteel

I'd respond that Halo has a better soundtrack.

8) Why would anyone be afraid of a guy dressed in a lime-green Power Ranger suit with a motorcycle helmet?MysteryOfSteel

Heh.

Enough of that though. In a true Gordon VS MC fight, the correct answer would be: they would both win because they would be on the same butt-kicking team-- that's why the aliens never win.MysteryOfSteel

I agree. They should do like they do with comic books, and have a crossover. "Gordon Freeman & Master Chief in: Defeating the Borg, Satan, Scientology, and a collection of random JRPG villians!"

This should get interesting.

Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Keitarourashima

It doesn't matter anyways, One shot with my Torque bow and they're both just wet stains ^^

Or the hammer of dawn for that matter.

xxIMoRTaLlxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xxIMoRTaLlxx
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
I dont care, Marcus Fenix would kill them both
doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts

Halo is set way into the future and MC was built for combat, so it's obvious that he would win; however, I still think HL is a better game.

Johner10-J10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Johner10-J10
chief could destroy freeman with a single sticky8)
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Palantas

It doesn't matter anyways, One shot with my Torque bow and they're both just wet stains ^^ Keitarourashima

Uh oh, now it's Chief versus Gordon versus Marcus. I had this conversation a while back. I think the choices were:

• Duke Nukem
  • Doomguy
  • Marcus Fenix
  • Master Chief
  • Gordon Freeman

There might have been someone else on the list. Anyway, I chose the Doomguy. All those others have battled mutants and aliens. Doomguy stopped the forces of Hell. That's pretty bad***.

Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Keitarourashima

[QUOTE="Keitarourashima"]It doesn't matter anyways, One shot with my Torque bow and they're both just wet stains ^^ Palantas

Uh oh, now it's Chief versus Gordon versus Marcus. I had this conversation a while back. I think the choices were:

• Duke Nukem
  • Doomguy
  • Marcus Fenix
  • Master Chief
  • Gordon Freeman

There might have been someone else on the list. Anyway, I chose the Doomguy. All those others have battled mutants and aliens. Doomguy stopped the forces of Hell. That's pretty bad***.

If u put it that way I vote for The hero of DIABLO, he slew the devil for chrissake!
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Keitarourashima
twice!
qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts
[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="Keitarourashima"]It doesn't matter anyways, One shot with my Torque bow and they're both just wet stains ^^ Keitarourashima

• Duke Nukem
  • Doomguy
  • Marcus Fenix
  • Master Chief
  • Gordon Freeman

If u put it that way I vote for The hero of DIABLO, he slew the devil for chrissake!

Doomguy can take fireballs and multiple shotgun blasts.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#46 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
why is everyone saying MC is genetically modified? he's not, he is artificially enhanced but his genes are all natural. but MC could take Gordon.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Palantas

twice!Keitarourashima

Yeah, but he's not a shooter hero.

Who's the greatest RPG hero? Hmm... At the end of Baldur's Gate, you get to be a god.

FittsOMalley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FittsOMalley
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

After all is said and done and the aftermath is over, all these high-tech weapons wouldn't matter because the simplest weapon would decide the winner and this would be the outcome....

ozzdog123

OMG That is awesome!

cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
this topic has been done before, and it turned into a 14 page thread where most of the people involved by the end got banned/suspended. the half life fanboys are even funnier than the halo fanboys i have to say.
seany_lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 seany_lad
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts
you forgot chuck norris