Mass Effect the HALO of 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ii20JcM05ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ii20JcM05ii
Member since 2010 • 394 Posts

I recently JUST got into the Mass Effect series. I've been eyeing the game for a long time, but felt that it was one of those games that were gunna take my life away. I kept looking into the game though as the more I learned about it, the more interested I got. I eventually saw the Mass Effect 1 & 2 were on sale at Amazon.com, so I finally snatched them up!

I JUSt completed Mass Effect 1 not too long ago, and after I beat it, I said to myself "This game feels like the Halo of Xbox 360".

Think about it: New interesting and emersive world, outstanding graphics, and it's just a game that set the bar in so many ways.

I think we all can agree that Mass Effect is a "Killer ap"; a game you would by a system for. And adding to the fact that it set the bar in so many ways, it's a new world and universe, and it being Sci-Fi... after playing it, the scenary, the beauty, the story, the characters, the advancements, I just felt like that Mass Effect is the "Halo" of 360

What do you guys think?

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

nope halo is the halo of 360 besides ME just went multi plat.

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

no halo is the halo of 360 besides ME just went multi plat.

Gen007

lol just what I was thinking.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#4 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

No. Mass Effect is a pretty big deal on the Xbox I guess, but it is most definitely not Halo. It just doesn't carry the same weight and significance in name. There is a reason why Halo is still the best-selling exclusive available. Besides, Mass Effect was always a 360/PC release and now on PS3 as well. It was never really exclusive with the exception of the first game which was exclusive for like six months or so. ME can't have a major effect on one platform only if its available for all three.

Gen007

Mass Effect has always been multiplatform... :|

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

No. Mass Effect is a pretty big deal on the Xbox I guess, but it is most definitely not Halo. It just doesn't carry the same weight and significance in name. There is a reason why Halo is still the best-selling exclusive available. Besides, Mass Effect was always a 360/PC release and now on PS3 as well. It was never really exclusive with the exception of the first game which was exclusive for like six months or so. ME can't have a major effect on one platform only if its available for all three.

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

NeonNinja

Really i dont remember ME 1 being on the PS3.

ii20JcM05ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ii20JcM05ii

Well even though there is no Multiplayer in Mass Effect, I was saying in reference to how it's a emersive Sci-Fi world, and a game that I can play over and over. Atleast it REMINDS me of the kinda of world Halo introduced to us. I feel like Mass Effect is that same type of world, different, but an advaned version of what I expereinced when I first picked up Halo. Something breathetaking that I couldn't put down.

gem98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gem98088
Member since 2011 • 542 Posts
I bought a xbox 360 just to play Mass Effect. I got ME on release.. how long ago was that? its gone multi plat now.. thats a long time after it has been out on the 360 already. Alot of people specially bioware fans would have bought a 360 just to play it.
Avatar image for paranoidpixie95
paranoidpixie95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 paranoidpixie95
Member since 2009 • 2198 Posts

Uh, isn't Halo the Halo of the 360? Hence the whole point of Halo being on the 360?

LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

No. Halo is the Halo of 360. But if you're talking killer-apps, it's probably Gears of War.

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Gen007

Really i dont remember ME 1 being on the PS3.

It was on the PC, wasn't it?

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

This topic confuses me beyond repair.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I do know Call of Duty is the Ico of the Nintendo Wii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#13 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts
Funny cause I thought Halo was the Halo of the 360....
GamerLegend10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 GamerLegend10
Member since 2010 • 3358 Posts

I just felt like that Mass Effect is the "Halo" of 360

What do you guys think?

ii20JcM05ii

er...halo is for the 360...so Halo is the halo of the xbox360

GamerLegend10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 GamerLegend10
Member since 2010 • 3358 Posts

RedReckoning

lol me 2

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

Halo was "Halo" for the original Xbox, not the 360. That is what the TC is referring to.

Back when all we had was the Xbox, and we all had Halo, and it was this new fantastic gaming world to play in, it was awesome, and it was fresh and big and new.

Flash forward to ME being released on the 360 (which is a totally different system than Halo's Xbox, just thought I'd point that out to all of you who seem to have forgotten that...) It is a new fantastic gaming sci-fi world to play in, it is awesome, and it is fresh and big and new...

I don't agree with TC, but I get where he was going. I would say that Gears of War is the "Halo" for the 360.

sambo2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 sambo2011
Member since 2006 • 411 Posts

halo is the halo of 360

ii20JcM05ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ii20JcM05ii

Halo was "Halo" for the original Xbox, not the 360. That is what the TC is referring to.

Back when all we had was the Xbox, and we all had Halo, and it was this new fantastic gaming world to play in, it was awesome, and it was fresh and big and new.

Flash forward to ME being released on the 360 (which is a totally different system than Halo's Xbox, just thought I'd point that out to all of you who seem to have forgotten that...) It is a new fantastic gaming sci-fi world to play in, it is awesome, and it is fresh and big and new...

I don't agree with TC, but I get where he was going. I would say that Gears of War is the "Halo" for the 360.

chasingmaynard

Thank you for someone having half a brain!

Yes, I'm trying to say that Mass Effect gives me the same passionate feeling that Halo did when I got the original Xbox. With the inclusion of ME being Sci-Fi, to me, I feel like Mass Effect is the new era of what Halo was back then. Like I said, there's differences in the both series ofcorse, but to me both had the same awe inspiring effect.

Gears is def flagship for 360, but Mass Effect is more Haloish, which is why I was comparing the two. I knoOooow most of you know what I'm talking about, your just being smart a$$es.

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
ME is way better than Halo. Not saying I don't like Halo.
Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jdez15
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts
It would be disrespectful to say this is the "Halo" of xbox 360, also considering the fact that it has turned into a multi plat title, no one is going to purchase an Xbox 360 right now, just for Mass Effect. It's on the PlayStation 3 as well.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

In all seriousness i dont think any game can come close to Halo really. Its been Microsofts baby ever since the box came out. I'd say its just as much the flagship to the 360 as it was to the original box. Very ironic when you know about Bungies past. The only thing that comes close is the Gears series.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerLegend10"]

[QUOTE="RedReckoning"]

lol me 2

Seriously
guitarist4292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 guitarist4292
Member since 2006 • 503 Posts
It would be disrespectful to say this is the "Halo" of xbox 360, also considering the fact that it has turned into a multi plat title, no one is going to purchase an Xbox 360 right now, just for Mass Effect. It's on the PlayStation 3 as well. Jdez15
Not ME1... and to be honest (for me) at LEAST 50% of what made ME2 so awesome was seeing the massive impact of decisions I made in ME1 that seemed inconsequential at the time in ME2. The true importance of playing ME1 before 2 can not even be close to made up for by a plot synopsis. Even with 3 coming out on PS3 as well, if you want the REAL, complete ME experience, taking one character all the way through the trilogy and truly making the world unique and yours, then you have to go with Xbox if you don't have a good gaming PC. For those who want that and don't want to spend the money to build a serious rig, I can see it still selling a 360 to a gamer interested in the series.
FabinhoJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FabinhoJR
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
What u mean ME is the Halo of 360 ?...The game is Multi-Plataform....and is awsome
king871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 king871
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts

both are the most overrated crap i have ever layed eyes on. i have more fun playing uno on arcade than playing these two titles

dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dr_octagon
Member since 2003 • 625 Posts

lol Hold on...Halo is the Halo of Xbox. Halo Reach is the Halo of Xbox 360. Mass Effect is the Mass Effect of Xbox 360 - hmm what? Nevertheless, glad you like the game so much.

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

I know everyone has said Halo is the Halo of 360, but in a way I see Mass Effect 1 as the Halo: Combat Evolved of 360.

To me Halo: CE was a game with an incredible sci-fi atmosphere that made me feel like I was really on this halo ring in the future. I have found that none of the Halo sequels have captured this same atmosphere for me.

When I was playing ME1 the atmosphere reminded me of what I felt from Halo: CE a few years earlier. ME2 is also a great game with strong atmosphere but it does not remind me of Halo: CE the way the first game did.

EXEraserVS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EXEraserVS
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts
If anything, I think Gears of War is the Halo of the 360.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

Nope, you are comparing Cadillacs to Corvettes.

Profiteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Profiteer
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts
ME is way better than Halo. Not saying I don't like Halo.Agent-Zero
That ^
EXEraserVS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EXEraserVS
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts
It's totally different games though. Like I said, Gears of War is the 360's Halo and Mass Effect is the 360's KotOR, if that makes sense.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Never saw the big deal about Halo, so in my eyes ME is way better. By the way, I had the Halo games.

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#33 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I don't know if it's the Halo of the 360, but it's definitely an amazing game.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Mass Effect is the GTA of multiplatform games.

Anthrizacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Anthrizacks
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
No offense but this is the dumbest topic title I've read in a while. >_> Halo is the Halo of 360, and Mass Effect is multiplat.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="Anthrizacks"]No offense but this is the dumbest topic title I've read in a while. >_> Halo is the Halo of 360, and Mass Effect is multiplat.

I agree Sorry, but Halo is nothing like Mass Effect. I'll admit, I was somewhat interested in Mass Effect once and gave it a try, but the game sucked so much. First of all the actual gameplay is extremely underwhelming, secondly you spend the majority of the time talking to people. And you just want the freaking conversations to get over with so you can go enjoy some more extremely sub-par gun fighting again. Not only that, but for those of you who think this game's story is so great... I really must not be seeing it. You go from being on this short mission where one alien betrays another and kills him and you find that weird artifact and weird crap happens and you wake up back on the ship - good story... To going to some city with a bunch of people who can't stop talking about some freaky blue alien prostitute that everyone has sex with. Err, but what about all of the cool stuff at the beginning? Doesn't matter anymore because I simply don't care. Tired of talking to people and aliens alike.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

NeonNinja

PC doesn't count in console wars.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Vari3ty

Is PC considered a multiplatform?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#39 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

shadow13702

Yes, it is.

The platforms to play on are PC, 360, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS and PSP. If a game is on more than one platform than it is multiplatform. It doesn't take away first-party status. Microsoft can make games for Xbox and Windows if they choose to. But Mass Effect has always been multiplatform. It was exclusive for like a year, then came the PC port and from there it has been multiplatform since.

Do you guys not visit System Wars or something? I'm really surprised to see people say that PC doesn't count. That's a load of crock.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

[QUOTE="shadow13702"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

NeonNinja

Yes, it is.

The platforms to play on are PC, 360, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS and PSP. If a game is on more than one platform than it is multiplatform. It doesn't take away first-party status. Microsoft can make games for Xbox and Windows if they choose to. But Mass Effect has always been multiplatform. It was exclusive for like a year, then came the PC port and from there it has been multiplatform since.

Do you guys not visit System Wars or something? I'm really surprised to see people say that PC doesn't count. That's a load of crock.

Halo is also on pc.
xRownan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 xRownan
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

Halo and ME are two different genres completely so to compare them is ridiculous. They are both amazing games in their own categories, end of statement. Last, The other Halo games that have been released on the 360 (H3, H3:ODST, Reach), wouldn't they be the "Halos" of 360?? Just saying. Everyone enjoy the games you enjoy. Peace

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#42 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I expect there's many gamers that have bought new system's just so they can play a certain game, whether it be Mass Effect, HALO, or something completly different.. The great thing about life is that we all enjoy playing different types of games.