Mass Effect should of been GOTY

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REBEL2100x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 REBEL2100x
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts

Bioshock was a very good game But I personally think M.Ei s better. Does anyone agree with this.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
You mean Call of Duty 4? I liked them both about equal, I guess. I like RPGs more, though.
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
naw...Mass effect was alright...if it wasnt so repetitive and have a longer more interesting story line then it would of won GOTY...and yes CoD4 should of been GOTY...cause if a game can win best ps3 game and 360 game...then it should be GOTY
REBEL2100x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 REBEL2100x
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts

Got all achievements for it, If it was the Best Multiplayer gamefor the year, thenCOD4 for sure

Avatar image for See_Brandon_358
See_Brandon_358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 See_Brandon_358
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts
I liked Bioshock better gotta say Orange box did goty for me this year.
halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts
nah,as a peron who hasloved playing mass effect for the last 2 straight weeks, i think this game could have been much greater but instead has quite a few issues and not only technical ones too. hopefully #2 will be very great.
halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts

naw...Mass effect was alright...if it wasnt so repetitive and have a longer more interesting story line then it would of won GOTY...and yes CoD4 should of been GOTY...cause if a game can win best ps3 game and 360 game...then it should be GOTY
outbreak201

tells you a lot about SMG then, doesnt it?

Quajen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Quajen
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
Well the overall GOTY was mario correct? I disagree with that, and I disagree with ME being the GOTY if it would have won. I said this in another thread but it should be said again. Bioshock is the quality of game that comes around once every 5 years. Everyone has played mario before, and just because they changed it a lot, and admittedly made a great game, doesn't excuse the fact that Bio got snubbed. I loved ME, it's in my top 10 games all time, but Bio was the type of game that needs to be shown to people who say that games are not art.
KoNtRa_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KoNtRa_
Member since 2006 • 325 Posts
well mass effect should've been goty, not should of.
Bansheezs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Bansheezs
Member since 2003 • 590 Posts
I think mario should have got game of the year. It was good in every way, even though there are a lot of mario doesn't mean its not a better game than everything else. Mass Effect was too glitchy to be goty. COD4 is over rated and is more boring than halo 3. COD4 is the same thing over and over. Bio shock would have been goty if it had more replay value or a longer game. That's is why mario won, it is a great looking game with excelent music, great replay value, runs smoothly, and is fun to play. All the other games is missing on these parts.
Sneezedoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sneezedoof
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

Bioshock was an awesome game and desrved it. Mass effect was alright, but it didn't hold my attention for too long. But, whilesaying that, for the time that mass effect did hold my attention, it was really good.

Some people say that mass effect could be played over and over again, but after my first time through, i didn't feel like it. The story was great, but a one time thing.

Quajen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Quajen

I'm gonna sound like I work for 2K games or something but w/e here goes:

Bio had the best sound design of any game this year, the eery sounds and ambient noises were crafted flawlessly. The point about it being too short? This is sort of loser's mentality, but compared to other FPS games it is actually fairly long. It has more than 1 ending, and the game never gets boring,so I think there is replayability there. Also, if we're going to include fun factor, the use of the plasmids in Bio was great. The light rpg elements were used perfectly, and the game looked absolutely fantastic (PC version anyway, didn't play console version.)

Bansheezs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Bansheezs
Member since 2003 • 590 Posts

Bio had the best sound design of any game this year, the eery sounds and ambient noises were crafted flawlessly. The point about it being too short? This is sort of loser's mentality, but compared to other FPS games it is actually fairly long. It has more than 1 ending, and the game never gets boring,so I think there is replayability there. Also, if we're going to include fun factor, the use of the plasmids in Bio was great. The light rpg elements were used perfectly, and the game looked absolutely fantastic (PC version anyway, didn't play console version.)

Quajen

I have to agree bio shock is a close second.

Quajen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Quajen
[QUOTE="Quajen"]

Bansheezs

I have to agree bio shock is a close second.

Fair enough. :)

fogeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fogeta
Member since 2005 • 34 Posts
I felt cod4 should of got the title.=(
supernoob662

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 supernoob662
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

Bioshock was a very good game But I personally think M.Ei s better. Does anyone agree with this.

REBEL2100x

dude your totally right on these awards shows only gave awards to bioshock and COD4 but i think mass effect deserves alot more

drownafish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 drownafish
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I haven't played it yet but it looks like it's really good.
Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#18 Robbie8912
Member since 2006 • 2299 Posts
It went To Mario Galaxy. I'm so happy about that! Nintendo did a great job with that game
clh_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 clh_05
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
COD4, so many people are discovering that game now that it's been out. And it wasn't a surprise. It should have won.
fathertroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 fathertroy
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts
ya i think that mass effect should be goty