Marvel vs Capcom 3 new release?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

midloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 midloo
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

I'd really like to buy Marvel vs Capcom 3 as it's starting to get cheaper. Is it likely that they'll release another version? I bought SFIV some time after it launched and then felt a little burned when SSFIV came out a couple months later (and now there is arcade!). Will this be the pattern for MvC3 as well?

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#2 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
This is Capcom. They rerelease almost every successful game they make.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Thanks to what they did with SF4 they lose the chance of me buying MvC3, and I really wanted to but I won't risk my money knowing they MAY release a new version of it.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
They wont be re-releasing a new MvC3
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Marvel vs Capcom 3 will almost certainly see an update. Currently the game is broken from a competitive perspective. Tons of 100% loop and infinite combos, horrible character balance, tons of glitches, horrible netcode, very few stages, lack of online modes, busted menu interface, and tons of DLC characters on the way... MvC3 as it currently exists is completely unfinished and completely unpolished. If you've got a Wii, get Tatsunoko vs Capcom instead. Capcom has basically forgotten about that game so there won't be any updates, and it's a much better game than MvC3 ever thought about being.
Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

Marvel vs Capcom isn't known for releasing "Super" editions like Street Fighter. You're better off waiting though. As someone already said, the game is currently broken and has a lot of DLC still in developement.

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

After seeing there are 2 expansion for street fighter 4 I see capcom doing the same thing with MVC3. So imo I think you should wait or just buy MVC3 and just trade it in if a new one comes out.

midloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 midloo
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

Thanks for all the replies! I want to play it, but I guess I'll wait a little while longer. What disappoints me the most to read about is the lack of polish on the online play. Why not just implement a system simlar to SFIV? Hopefully that will be fixed in a re-release.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i doubt they will release another will release another. Capcom has always made multiple versions of street fighter and they were really following tradition with SF4. You can say what you want but SSF4 was worth the money. They added 10 new characters, new stages, modes, music , and more challenges. If they had released it as DLC you would have been paying the same amount or more money because the probably would have split it up into parts and charged $15 for each. So i dont see why people B and moan about them releasing Super SF4 when it was actually worth the money. yeah they have released SSF4 AE but its DLC this time and once again worth the money imo if your into the game.

The reason it wont likely happen to MVC3 though is because capcom doesn't own the rights to all of the characters. This was the reason it took so long for MVC2 to be re released even though so many were demanding it. Capcom has to deal with marvel in order to get the rights to their characters and they have to re negotiate for re releases as well which means more money out of capcoms pocket. The fact that Disney now owns marvel only complicates things further.