Losing Faith in Microsoft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

urmom191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 urmom191
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts

Well about two weeks ago, I just got my 360 back after i got the damned red rings. I wasn't too upset. Still had my PSP and PC to play for like 3 weeks while I waited. When I finally did get it back, my first thought was "Yes! Can't wait til I get all those new games for Christmas! It's going to be an awesome break!" But today, the 21st, 4 days before all my gaming fantasies were to be granted, the unthinkable happened. The rings returned. Freakin TWO WEEKS after getting it back, it breaks down again. My Christmas break will be without Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, and Assassin's Creed.

I'm sorry if this sounds like whining, but WTF is Microsoft doing? Two years after release and the system is still the WORST-made system ever! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 360. Halo 3 rules and Live is amazing with all the boys playing. But WHY did it have to be so poorly made? I'd like to say that I'll never play my 360 again, but the games are too good and too many of my friends have Live. I've been pro-360 since it was released, despite the frequent meltdowns, but this is honestly unforgiveable. Anyone else feeling the same frustration?

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
I know. Mine literally just broke 10 minutes ago. It's BS. I hate the 360...but I love the games.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Welcome to 1987 when the rest of the world figured that out.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts

I haven't had any problems but it has scratched my games alot, and my dad owns a video store and it has been a year and not a single PS3 game has a scratch on it, while 360 games a breaking constantly. But I will still hold on to my 360, Gears of war is just too fun.

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

I know. Mine literally just broke 10 minutes ago. It's BS. I hate the 360...but I love the games.Lobster_Ear

Yea, what people will go through for entertainment now a days is ridiculous. ;)

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts

I haven't had any problems but it has scratched my games alot, and my dad owns a video store and it has been a year and not a single PS3 game has a scratch on it, while 360 games a breaking constantly. But I will still hold on to my 360, Gears of war is just too fun.

RushMetallica
Well one set of disks has a protective coating, the other doesnt. That and the whole "dodgy drive thing"
aimxplode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aimxplode
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 360. Halo 3 rules and Live is amazing with all the boys playing.

urmom191

Hmm, exactly what does this mean?

Relived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Relived
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts

Well about two weeks ago, I just got my 360 back after i got the damned red rings. I wasn't too upset. Still had my PSP and PC to play for like 3 weeks while I waited. When I finally did get it back, my first thought was "Yes! Can't wait til I get all those new games for Christmas! It's going to be an awesome break!" But today, the 21st, 4 days before all my gaming fantasies were to be granted, the unthinkable happened. The rings returned. Freakin TWO WEEKS after getting it back, it breaks down again. My Christmas break will be without Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, and Assassin's Creed.

I'm sorry if this sounds like whining, but WTF is Microsoft doing? Two years after release and the system is still the WORST-made system ever! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 360. Halo 3 rules and Live is amazing with all the boys playing. But WHY did it have to be so poorly made? I'd like to say that I'll never play my 360 again, but the games are too good and too many of my friends have Live. I've been pro-360 since it was released, despite the frequent meltdowns, but this is honestly unforgiveable. Anyone else feeling the same frustration?

urmom191

I've got you beat I got mine back on the 11th, it broke after 10 minutes

urmom191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 urmom191
means that i love halo 3...and that lots of my friends have live so i really like playing with them.
xfan-atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 xfan-atic
Member since 2003 • 1191 Posts

I have never had the RRoD problem because when it happens i fx it myself XD! If you live on Ecuador give me $20 and your 360 will NEVER break again (but will get lauder)

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
I havbe had mine 1 year and 3 months. I've had to send it in once and when i got it back their turned out to be something wrong with the power supply thing so i had to send that in but they got it back to me in like a week so it wasn't too bad. Now my xbox will randomly get 2 red rings (not the ring of death) but just 2 red rings and i will have too disconnedt the power supply and wait 20 minutes. It does it like once a month and kind of makes me mad when im playing online with my friends but im not sure if im going to send it in or i might wait til i get my ps3 in january. Also i've had 2 games that are unplayable because of the 360 and my NHL08 gets disc unreadable evrey 1-2 hours. Anyways to sum it all up I hate M$ and i hope they will fail next Gen.
Avatar image for uconnhuskies050
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 uconnhuskies050
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts
[QUOTE="urmom191"]

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the 360. Halo 3 rules and Live is amazing with all the boys playing.

aimxplode

are you serious...?

urmom191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 urmom191
[QUOTE="aimxplode"][QUOTE="urmom191"]

uconnhuskies050

are you serious...?

haha yea thought i was pretty straightforward...no difficult words here

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
[QUOTE="uconnhuskies050"][QUOTE="aimxplode"][QUOTE="urmom191"]

urmom191

are you serious...?

I think he wants to know what "Live is amazing with all the boys playing."means.

rulo_rezn0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 rulo_rezn0r
Member since 2006 • 1351 Posts

2 weeks ago i received my 3rd 360

and it broke a week ago....

but now its working thanks to the towel trick, im just waiting for it to break again sooner or later :(

DarkHandlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkHandlez
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts
[QUOTE="urmom191"]

aimxplode

Hmm, sounds like a kinky good time:P
aimxplode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aimxplode
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
[QUOTE="urmom191"][QUOTE="uconnhuskies050"][QUOTE="aimxplode"][QUOTE="urmom191"]

torontomapleafs

are you serious...?

I think he wants to know what "Live is amazing with all the boys playing."means.

Yeah, thats what i meant.

vlado116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vlado116
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
My Xbox 360 got the red rings today. Not a good day :(