Looking for recommendation: Gauntlet Legends/Diablo style for XBOX 360...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnOldMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 AnOldMan
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

My girlfriend really liked Gauntlet Legends, which from what I can gather was sort of a Diablo type game.

Anyone have any recommendations for this style of game on XBOX 360? If none current, are there any I might want to keep an eye out for in the future?

Currently we are playing Baldurs Gate II Dark Alliance (xbox) which she is enjoying, but I would like to wow her with some better graphics at some point...

Thanks for any help!

--AOM

Cornerstore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cornerstore
Member since 2006 • 2137 Posts

My girlfriend really liked Gauntlet Legends, which from what I can gather was sort of a Diablo type game.

Anyone have any recommendations for this style of game on XBOX 360? If none current, are there any I might want to keep an eye out for in the future?

Currently we are playing Baldurs Gate II Dark Alliance (xbox) which she is enjoying, but I would like to wow her with some better graphics at some point...

Thanks for any help!

--AOM

AnOldMan
Im in the same problem as you but for myself. :P I cant find a game like this anywhere, where me and my buds would all play co-op in this style of a game
oxrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 oxrs
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts
If you're into Marvel, there's Ultimate Alliance. Lots of characters to choose from if you get the Gold edition. Decent amounts of fun for 4 players.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Arkadian Warriors came out on XBLA a few months ago, but that's the closest to a Diablo-style game I've seen on 360 so far. I enjoyed playing the demo, but don't know what the full game is like. Considering its XBLA I wouldn't expect it to be that long - certainly nowhere near the length of a Baldurs Gate game!!
CrimsonpugTwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrimsonpugTwo
Member since 2004 • 2220 Posts

Arkadian Warriors came out on XBLA a few months ago, but that's the closest to a Diablo-style game I've seen on 360 so far. I enjoyed playing the demo, but don't know what the full game is like. Considering its XBLA I wouldn't expect it to be that long - certainly nowhere near the length of a Baldurs Gate game!!Avenger1324

Arkadian Warriors is about 6-7 hours long. A bit longer than that if you try for some of the achievements. Its two player only, and plays like the PS2 games Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath. Also a bit like Ultimate Marvel....

If you don't mind something a bit "easier", there is always SpiderMan Friend or Foe. Its sort of like those games mentioned above, but really aimed towards the younger gamers. Fun, but really easy.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts
Not exactly the same type of game as Gauntlet or Baldur's Gate, but I personally found both "KUF:Circle of Doom" and "Ninety Nine Nights" to have some fun upgradable beat'em up mystical hack'n'slash type fun.
obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
Gaunlet Legends was fantastic on the Dreamcast. Damn I would love it if Diablo 2 was on xbla... such a great game.
AnOldMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AnOldMan

Yep, definitely looking for some kind of co-op RPG type. Marvel might work--thanks for the suggestion.

So if there aren't any out right now, are there any future co-op RPG's on the way that you have heard of? Seems like most games I see are only 1 player (Assasins Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Eternal Sonoma, etc..)

Thanks again for any suggestions ya'll, would love to try and keep up my girlfriend's interest in gaming. I could just watch her play I guess, but I think she would get too self concious.

Woop,

--AnOldMan

AnOldMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AnOldMan

Also, obviously not opposed to playing older xbox games since Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance started her interest, are there any other Xbox co-op RPG's? Would love to show off newer graphics and such but sounds like that might not be an option for any current 360 games being non co-op... --AOM

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
get too human when it comes out its a diablo style game mixed with some action elements and a humoungously deep system seriously too human is exactly what you want i love dark alliance and diablo by the way and everyone should check out too human
stuartcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stuartcee
Member since 2002 • 12846 Posts
D&D Heros for the original Xbox was awesome. I would definitly recommend picking that up. If its compatible that is.
stuartcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stuartcee
Member since 2002 • 12846 Posts
Yep, its on the list. Also check out Hunter The Reckoning. Not as good as D&D but probably worth playing.
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
Kingdom under fire is decent, and its 4 player co-op online. It gets pretty repetative, but i was able to enjoy for about 30hrs before i got bored. Also, Sacred 2, which is like a 3D version of Diablo, is coming out soon (summer?), and should be good.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#14 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Get Arkadian Warrior, its a cheap DIablo knock off, but its alot of fun with a friend. And i hear they are working on some add-ons for more missions to download! If you have a computer, try Divine Divinity and Titan Quest (Titan Quest also has a good expansion pack to)