LOL... People Still Complain About the Price for XBL!

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mr-sheep
Member since 2006 • 2235 Posts
Geeez... how many people on this board can't afford $5 a month!?!? You'd have to be a hobo not to afford that. That's like a few cents a day FFS!
toz66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 toz66
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts
mate, when you get crap like todays fiasco,..then yup me for one does think it should be free.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
mate, when you get crap like todays fiasco,..then yup me for one does think it should be free.toz66
What was today's fiasco? Sorry haven't been able to go on Xbox Live today.
PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts

I think most people who like social online gaming at all would agree that the service is worth it. I mean, I really don't care if Xbox games use P2P connections. It's a service that's easy to use and makes the games more fun.

You could get one $60 game, or you could get a whole year of XBL for $50. XBL is the better value. It's going to make you play your Xbox games longer.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
dude you have to look at it from there point of view, there paying for an online service, and for some little 12 year old playing an online game to come on and make the experience bad for you would make anyone think twice about paying for the online, its pretty frustrating, i pay for online but i do get a little annoyed when people ruin the experience for me
CradleXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 CradleXX
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
It all adds up.
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#7 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
I still think its worth it. My friend has a PS3 he always complains about the 360's paying-to-play and then guess what...what system are we playing for a better online experience and more people online...the 360....which system gets tons of great demo's every week...the 360....so any time he complains about it I don't say anything. I let my 360 do the talking. 60$ a year is worth what your paying for IMO.
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
naw I think its fine because its just like 50 dollars and you got it for a year... so whatever..
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts

All I can say is look at the quality of a paid service, then look at the quality of a free service. You get what you pay for.

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
I'd rather spend that money on another game. I can play my PConline for free and have the same or better experience.
Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Antox-RX8
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
if xbox live goes free it will end up like the PSN
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I'm pretty sure every console has free online besides the 360, so perhaps it's the principle rather than the actual cost.
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

Geeez... how many people on this board can't afford $5 a month!?!? You'd have to be a hobo not to afford that. That's like a few cents a day FFS! mr-sheep

Tell me what you are getting that justifies the cost?

pjizzile11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 pjizzile11
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

dude you have to look at it from there point of view, there paying for an online service, and for some little 12 year old playing an online game to come on and make the experience bad for you would make anyone think twice about paying for the online, its pretty frustrating, i pay for online but i do get a little annoyed when people ruin the experience for melinkin_guy109

Theres getting to many to mute...its not only 12 year olds either.

Tundrawarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tundrawarlord
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts

I can only wonder how crappy XBL would be without the fee. God it would suck hard. Its way worth it.

hennifer_ropez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hennifer_ropez
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
It is expensive because I would rather get a game for that price.
Tundrawarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tundrawarlord
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts
Is it me or is everyone on this site who complains dirt poor. Cmon....
VariousObjects

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VariousObjects
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
I just hate when someone who owns a PS3 uses it to bash the 360. If they can afford a $600 system they should be able to afford $60 for an entire year of xboxlive.
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Terami
Is it me or is everyone on this site who complains dirt poor. Cmon....Tundrawarlord
For some, it's not a question of having the money, it's a question of spending the money.
ovc1489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ovc1489
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
hey sony and nintendo dont charge for their online service so how come we have to pay
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Geeez... how many people on this board can't afford $5 a month!?!? You'd have to be a hobo not to afford that. That's like a few cents a day FFS! mr-sheep

Sure, I can afford it. Yes, I'm forced to pay for it. But I'd much rather buy another game a year than spend money on a service that really should be free.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I'm pretty sure every console has free online besides the 360, so perhaps it's the principle rather than the actual cost. white_sox

Exactly. It's not a matter of if I can afford it. It's a matter of right and wrong. Every other console and system has free online multiplayer. Paying for a P2P service is a complete ripoff no matter how much it costs. It shouldn't cost a dime.

destef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 destef
Member since 2004 • 435 Posts
I look at it this way.....XBL all month long orone measly mealat Mickey D's once a month. Hmmmm, what should I do?? I guess some peopleneed those 2000 calories and 45 grams of fat. Mmmmmm Good.
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 daviwinn

I still don't understand how it is considered expensive. The average cost of a gallon of gasoline in the US is $2.82. A gallon of milk cost over $4 here in Florida. A can of soda from the vending machine here at work is $.65. A movie ticket cost $7.50. It cost $1.00 to play a game of pool. A cup of coffeefrom the Circle K is$1.39. So $5 a month is expensive? How much does Basic Cable cost?

$5a month shouldonly be expensive to someone living check to check or on welfare. If you fall into either of those categories then you probably should get you priorities straight before thinking about gaming. If you think it is expensive because the tooth fairy only left you a dollar under your pillow, your opinion on what is expensive doesn't count.

Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Antox-RX8
what part of FREE XBL = PSN dont you ppl understand? please compare the two.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BioShockOwnz

what part of FREE XBL = PSN dont you ppl understand? please compare the two.Antox-RX8

Dedicated servers > P2P

crusher2002000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crusher2002000
Member since 2004 • 645 Posts
its not that i can't afford it. its just we should have dedicated servers if we pay for it not some p2p ****
snipeshot11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 snipeshot11
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts
cause sony and nintendos online is terrible..
hey sony and nintendo dont charge for their online service so how come we have to payovc1489
War_Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 War_Juggernaut
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

For me im an owner of both systems (PS3, 360) and there is no comparison to how much content the 360 has. The PSN network is horrible in comparison. The demos alone on PSN come out weeks later for one and i wish PS3 would charge just to be up to par with the 360. To the people that complain about todays prvt chat and not logging on to games this is nothing new for the PS3, this happens everday. Honestly this is the 2nd or 3rd time something like this has happend in the past 3-4 years i have had live. To me its well worth it.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BioShockOwnz

For me im an owner of both systems (PS3, 360) and there is no comparison to how much content the 360 has. The PSN network is horrible in comparison. The demos alone on PSN come out weeks later for one and i wish PS3 would charge just to be up to par with the 360. To the people that complain about todays prvt chat and not logging on to games this is nothing new for the PS3, this happens everday. Honestly this is the 2nd or 3rd time something like this has happend in the past 3-4 years i have had live. To me its well worth it.

War_Juggernaut

The stuff you're talking about is free with XBL silver, therefore you don't actually have to pay to get it.

We should be getting dedicated servers for paying, but we're not. We are getting awful P2P servers that are only as good as the hosts connection, often causing lag, where as that never happens with dedicated servers.

Antox-RX8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Antox-RX8

War_Juggernaut

Thank you!! someone sees it exactly the same way as me!! its just the motive, why work hard to add stuff to your marketplace if your not seeing any profit? its like their playing rock paper scissors to see whos the unlucky one that has to put up the new madden demo? its not just kindness that puts the bread and milk on the table... lol bread and milk

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts
You get what you pay for, 60 $ for a year of great quality online gaming ( on 360), 0 $ for terrible online gaming . ( On Ps3) And XBL is well worth the 60 $ a year. I mean come on!! How Awesome is XBL!
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 daviwinn

I've been gaming online with console's since the Dreamcast and its dial-up modem. I've been a Gold subscriber since day one. At the time I signed up I owned a PS2 & Xbox. I tried playing online with the PS2, it was too much of a hassle. I had different username and passwords for every game, games were buggy, and there were never any other players online.

Then Microsoft promised me that they had an online service that would give me one username and login, keep track of my friends, give me built in voice chat, and a whole lot more. They gave me a few months for free and I was hooked. They have continued to innovate with their service since then and I'm more than willing to continue to give the $5 a month as long as they keep it up. I would rather ride the cutting edge of an interactive community for a small fee than watch from the sidelines with an inferior online service as it tries to keep up.

If things change then I'll be one of the first to jump ship, I am a consumer after all. But as of today Xbox Live is hands down the best online gaming service available. But don't take my word for it, look at the millions of gamers enjoying the service on a daily basis.

EDIT: And there will always be lag when gaming online, no matter what type of server you use. The laws of physics will not change.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="War_Juggernaut"]

Antox-RX8

Thank you!! someone sees it exactly the same way as me!! its just the motive, why work hard to add stuff to your marketplace if your not seeing any profit? its like their playing rock paper scissors to see whos the unlucky one that has to put up the new madden demo? its not just kindness that puts the bread and milk on the table... lol bread and milk

Developers would still make sure demos get on XBL because they want you to spend $60 on their games.

GTA_Edm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GTA_Edm
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts
My issue stems from being in Canada and accessing XBL. We get no download-able media at all. No movies. No TV shows. Nothing! Not even crappy Canadian shows. So I'm paying about the same as the Americans and they get so much more! They should cut us a break here in Canada or get off their butts and get us some content!
Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts

i just got my 360 2 days ago, i wasnt thrilled about paying for online, but it's got to be done

daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 daviwinn

My issue stems from being in Canada and accessing XBL. We get no download-able media at all. No movies. No TV shows. Nothing! Not even crappy Canadian shows. So I'm paying about the same as the Americans and they get so much more! They should cut us a break here in Canada or get off their butts and get us some content!GTA_Edm

That's a legitimate complaint, I honestly feel like you (and the guys across the pond) are getting shafted on marketplace content.

racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

of course is worth it, check out the Demos, Betas, XBLA and ALL the content, stats, and applications around XBL...do you think you would get that if it was free ?..compare it to what others have....

People take for granted all they have at hand with XBL.

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Terami

[QUOTE="GTA_Edm"]My issue stems from being in Canada and accessing XBL. We get no download-able media at all. No movies. No TV shows. Nothing! Not even crappy Canadian shows. So I'm paying about the same as the Americans and they get so much more! They should cut us a break here in Canada or get off their butts and get us some content!daviwinn

That's a legitimate complaint, I honestly feel like you (and the guys across the pond) are getting shafted on marketplace content.

Many here, don't seem to realize that this is an issue for many who are complaining. It's hard to justify spending $60 a year for only the ability to play online.
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 daviwinn
I see Terami, I pay for extra content all the time. It is my primary source for watching movies in HD and I've purchased a couple hundred dollars worth of TV shows in HD. Not having that extra functionality would sway my opinion over toward your sidequite a bit.
wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts
Some just aren't allowed unless they keep theyre marks up
warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 warz989
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
If you dont want to pay for it dont. No one is forcing you to pay x amount for xbl. If you like it as much as I do, then 50-60 bucks for something you enjoy is worth it. Are you all really that concerned about it? I would say if you are you are in serious fiscal trouble or you are just really stingy.
IONz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 IONz
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
you guys go play resistance online and tell me xbox live isnt worth it.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts

you guys go play resistance online and tell me xbox live isnt worth it.IONz

How would a 40player online game which is known for its lag free play make people think XBL is worth it?

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

[QUOTE="IONz"]you guys go play resistance online and tell me xbox live isnt worth it.teebeenz

How would a 40player online game which is known for its lag free play make people think XBL is worth it?

Exactly.

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
im not complaining about it...i just dont want to pay for something when i can get it for free elsewhere....not saying its a horrible deal... but still....
Unreal_393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Unreal_393
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts

[QUOTE="Antox-RX8"]what part of FREE XBL = PSN dont you ppl understand? please compare the two.BioShockOwnz

Dedicated servers > P2P

have you played warhawk?!!!! i choose a workingp2p service over a bunch of broken dedicated servers

Josma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Josma
Member since 2003 • 262 Posts
I also noticed that the RE5 Wallpaper on Xbox live costs 30 Microsoft points, while the PSN wallpaper is free.....
Unreal_393

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Unreal_393
Member since 2007 • 620 Posts

Cant believe people actually compare Xboxlive to that pos PSN, have you guys played on PSN before making comments...and if you can afford a 400 dollar console, TELL ME THAT YOU CANT SPEND less than 5 bucks a month.....

1. Standard headset so almost everyone talks, and fantastic quality on the voice.unlike PSN where its a ghost town and even if someone has a mic they sound like darth vader or squeak like a rat.

2. Tons of demos and trailers, movies, tv shows, music vids, betas through market place. im playing the bioshock and stranglehold demo and the COD4 beta on PSN!!.......oh wait........umm, yeah

3. THERES BARELY ABYONE PLAYING!!! so i go to look for a match on r6 vegas, i could barely find any games, "oh everyones playing warhawk".....???,,,,so is there like 10 people on psn? i can still go on cod2 onlive(A LAUNCH GAME) and find a match in 5 secs

4. NO UNIVERSAL FRIENDSLIST!!!??? are you kidding me. i cant even pull up the so called friend list in the middle of a game, THEN WHATS THE POINT OF THE STUPID "PS" BUTTON??!!! if youre gonna rip-off the 360 guide button atleast do it properly.

5. I cant send cross game invites or see what my friedns are doing or start a chat with them or sent them a voice message in 2 secs, or see their game history or what they have been doing on their ps3....WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING A FRIENDSLIST ON PSN!!???

6. "oh PSN has dedicated servers....." THEN HOW COME SERVERS ON WARHAWK ARE**** ****!!!!!! why do they lower my rank when i try to join or say servers full when it says theres only 8 people in that match and do other BS stuff. sorry but ill take A WORKING p2p service over a HALF BAKED CHEAP EXCUSE OF A SO CALLED "dedicated server"

7. and it takes 7 mins to even enter the psn store and find the item i wanna buy, jumping over all sorts of adds and commercials, and WTF is that bull crap "virtual wallet", first its a hassel to register my credit card, then its a pain to confirm the purchase!!!! wow.....and it took me 2 mins to buy bomberman live....

... i can keep this rant going on and on, but im off to play some COD4 beta (the games awesome BTW) just ,make sure you play on live before making ignorant comments.

and for that useless "its free.." reply, umm yeah, THEY SHOULD PAY YOU FOR USING THAT PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A SERVICE CALLED PSN!!!!

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts

broken dedicated servers

Unreal_393

They're not broken, they're overloaded.