Live is Ruining Gaming!

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mistermykol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mistermykol
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
Heres why:

-Most games are 8 hours max without live.
-You no longer get the full game for $60....instead, add ons come out later, through live, for more money.
-Very few games have offline co-op anymore.
-Campaign mode is neglected, since M$ expects us to spend the majority of gaming time online.
-Live is expensive.

I wouldnt be so pissed if every game had offline co-op, reasonably long single player campaigns and the game in full at realease....Microsoft is already making enough money from broken 360s, which is a conspriacy in itself. Im not a troll, btw.

Im already aware everyone will disagree with me, since xbox 360 has turned pure gamers into live junkies. Theres still a little bit of hope in gamers like me, who dont worship 1080p, but instead, offline gameplay as a whole.

Point of this thread: "Most" games cant stand alone without Live.
DesmondPills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DesmondPills
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts
bro Live is only $50 a year. lets break that down into monthly payments $4.17 basically a month. if anything it adds to gaming. yeah some games are short what do you expect. Live is the only reason i still play games basically to talk and play with my friends online. nothing like a good offline single player game either but its definately not ruining gaming.

you gotta keep in mind too basically everyone is connected to the internet, not everyone but majority of households are.  so whats the point in offline co-op when you can easily play online co-op most likely with the same people you want to play offline co-op with?  there are instances definately that contradict this but overall i think not.  again my opinion on your opinion so neither of us are technically right.  sounds like you had a bad day though. 
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
Live is cheep, its only £40 a year, cheeper in the USA I think its $50? Which is like half price compared to the UK. IT works out at somthing like £3.50 a month. It's not bad, compared to most MMORPG.
miguelpaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 miguelpaco
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
i see what your sayin, but shooters have never had lengthy campaigns to begin with, and we still have our Oblivions, Mass Effects, Viva Pinata and many RPG's to come that will all be 30 hours plus
ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
What kind of games are you talkin bout?
mistermykol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mistermykol
Live is the only reason i still play games.DesmondPills
the point of this thread exactly....games standing alone without live suck! Live is technologies steroid.
ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ilovesnowboard
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
Heres why:

-You no longer get the full game for $60....instead, add ons come out later, through live, for more money.
-Campaign mode is neglected, since M$ expects us to spend the majority of gaming time online.
-Live is expensive.

I wouldnt be so pissed if every game had offline co-op, reasonably long single player campaigns and the game in full at realease....Microsoft is already making enough money from broken 360s, which is a conspriacy in itself. Im not a troll, btw.

Im already aware everyone will disagree with me, since xbox 360 has turned pure gamers into live junkies. Theres still a little bit of hope in gamers like me, who dont worship 1080p, but instead, offline gameplay as a whole.
mistermykol
I kinda agree with you, but i have to clear one thing up : Ms does not make money on the broken consoles. Since most hae a warranty, they have to pay for it. Here in Norway, the price for all the shipping, is about 1/3 of what a brand new xbox 360 costs..so after 3 broken 360's under warranty, they've lost all the money for one 360.
DaHunta90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaHunta90
Member since 2003 • 634 Posts

How dare they offer us leaderboards, multiplayer gaming, tournaments, downloadable content and voice chat!
Really though, Live is great and I don't think it's motivating developers to do less with the single-player portions of their games, just EA. It's an innovation and it sucks if you don't have it, but single-player games were all developers had to make in the past. The online element is an entirely different part of the game to focus on now, and a lot of gamers prefer online multiplayer to single player games. Developers are still creating games like Mass Effect and Bioshock, and Guitar Hero II still has same-console coop play (even though that's the only coop play). Live didn't ruin gaming, it's making it better.

AeroTow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 AeroTow
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts
Live is great, Xbox was the first consol to really introduce multiplayer gaming, its more innovative than you appreciate.
ryanjtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ryanjtravis
Member since 2004 • 2095 Posts
I absolutely LOVE Live... I think it is the best advancement in console gaming so far. Take any old game you used to play before XBL - you'd play through it (sometimes multiple times), and then you'd never pick it up again. XBL basically extends the life of games far beyond any way they could before. (Except for games like Oblivion - that thing's a beast in its own right :P )
Avatar image for michaelareb0001
michaelareb0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 michaelareb0001
Member since 2005 • 1366 Posts

Um no.

Online is the future, get over it. A good online component can infinately extend the life of a game.

Most games are not 8 hours, maybe when you play them on easy or use the strategy guide, but even my first time through GeoW was closer to 10. Same goes for Lost Planet, and they were considered to be very short games by today's standards. If the reviews say it is short, rent it instead. Save yourself some money to buy a longer game.

Offline Co-op is fine, but split screen in anything but a racing game sucks, hell most of the time it still sucks there too.

I like the idea of online enabled everything, even though I play most games offline, it gives me a reson to go back and play it again, with new downloaded content and tournaments and such.

DesmondPills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DesmondPills
[QUOTE="DesmondPills"] Live is the only reason i still play games.mistermykol
the point of this thread exactly....games standing alone without live suck! Live is technologies steroid.

you missed my point i think.  im saying that i use Live to also keep in touch with people since i usually get on it after work.  so its a multi function thing for me i guess.  its harder to chill over a friends house when your doing this career garbage lol.  just my opinion.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
thankfully, in reality gaming does not consist of only online FPS's.
mistermykol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mistermykol
an equal balance between offline and online would be suitable.
ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
[QUOTE="DesmondPills"] Live is the only reason i still play games.mistermykol

Its like having a computer with out internet.....Live makes it better.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Heres why:

-Live is expensive.

mistermykol

Bioshock is not going to offer Live, which is rare.

I'm looking forward to a lengthy campaign.

I agree with you though. I am tired of games with short campaigns. I like On-line multiplayer, but I look at it as an Add-on to a campaign. Multiplayer doesn't make the game. Its just an added bonus. No more no less.

dunit13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dunit13
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
dang live most totally be ruining my gaming experience it used to be i played the same game over and over again now i have more friends easier ways to talk with kids at my school and another 50+ hours added to games like rainbow six and call of duty (and shooters are only about 10 hours to begin with) im also sooooo mad that i got expansions to oblivion like the game wasnt long enough and didnt leave me wanting more, and worst of all those darn arcade games that are so tedious for those long hours you play them for

P.S. if you couldnt tell i was being sarcastic you are a sony fanboy i truly believe live is an awesome experience and after having it i dont want to go without it and it is also very cheap weighing in at 4 dollars a month! its one of the best choices i have ever made
therealsarsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 therealsarsi
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts

blah, blah, sure live's not that great so what then, buy the "few" games that don't need it and quit whining,...

oblivion, bioshock, etc

prettynice422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 prettynice422
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
I agree with the microsoft braking consoles for more money
Shaner258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Shaner258
Member since 2006 • 2177 Posts
I don't have live, just to fricken expensive.

I have to pay the money for the Gold card, I have to buy the wireless thing, I have to buy a router, and I have to get high speed internet.

My DSL is most likely not going to do good.  I need a router because I don't want to keep switching wires.  I need the wireless because I don't want a wire going all over the place, my computer is kind of far from the 360. 

So I don't have live, and I am mad because I want to play an FPS that is long...

Well, I always have Oblivion, but not enough money to get all of that stuff...

Well I do have enough, but I am not the type of person who likes to spend a lot at once.

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I sorta agree with this.... Developers are changing their priorities with the advent of more online gaming.... I have a PS3 too and while I'm still excited to get it, Motorstorm will only be multiplayer via online... thats right, no 4 player splitscreen not even 2 player split screen!   LAME!   I loved the demo and I'm sure I'll love the single and online modes but sheesh what if I wanna play splitscreen with the actual REAL friends in my living room....  Also Crackdown has co op mode but only via online or system link... how hard would it be to have splitscreen for this game?   Online needs to be in ADDITION to current modes already available like offline multiplayer and co op...  Developers listen up.
dawso0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dawso0n
Member since 2005 • 1767 Posts

Heres why:

-Live is expensive.

mistermykol

live is the way forward either get on ot get out of the way... btw let me just run through a few great offline games PSU offline is still pritty good, Deadrising, saints row, fight night and oblivion the addons arnt that good except for shivering isles thats soon to come plus many more games to come crack down,resident evil 5, alan wake and mass effect.

in conclusion stop complaining beacause you dont have or can afford xbox live BOO HOO! and that my 2 cents

Mossaike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Mossaike
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
Good long single player campaigns are kool but I also like online to certain games. Like once I beat single player I can go to online but later on I might just replay single player.
DesmondPills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DesmondPills
LOL @ this \/

I agree with the microsoft braking consoles for more moneyprettynice422
northface13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 northface13
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts
MSFT is going to need to come up with a better incentive for us to be shelling out $50 a year if Sony's service is any good. And don't give me that, "it's only 3 cents a second" BS...it's still 50 dollars.
Smoov_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Smoov_B
Member since 2005 • 1129 Posts
I think you're letting a few games get the best of you. I agree that there have been a few notable games that have provided lackluster single-player modes in favor of online play (ie, Chromehounds) and EA is going nuts with buying points but otherwise I don't see a lot of all around exceptional games that have catered to one end or the other. Gears of War, GRAW, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six (umm, I'm seeing a Ubisoft trend here), etc, etc, etc. There's a lot of games out there that have excelled at the single-player/co-op realm and still managed to have enjoyable online modes as well. Most games with poor single-player modes haven't faired any better online. If anything Live has extended the life of these games because it offers a unique experience by allowing you to meet and play with different people. To me it's actually refreshing to be able to patch or download an addon for a platform game - something I could only do in the past with a PC.
Turbo_Rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Turbo_Rob
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
i agree with this topic. I bought my first Xbox for Xbox live. my first XBL game was Return to Castle Wolfenstein which was a blast at the time everybody used to play it. I only played through 2 levels of the single player mode and i didnt like it cuz it was boring. then i got many other XBL games, Rainbow Six, Soldier of Fortune 2, Halo 2, etc etc. Mostly all my Xbox games are LIVE compatible (shooters, cuz thats whats Xbox is all about), and i barely played through the campaign mode EXCEPT for Halo 2. to me, lot of single player games for the xbox are ruined due to the Xbox live experience. Now that i have xbox 360, i only have a couple games since i just got it a about 2 months ago, so far i am happy with the single player experience i got. Gears of War was ok in single player but the Multiplayer is unbelievably addicting, Rainbow Six Vegas to me is probably my best game, and i have a few others but i think you get the point.

Usually my nintendo system is the backup for single player games. So my wii gets good play time as well and in the future i will probably play it a bit more than my 360 when titles like mario, metroid, and smash bros. come out
Arsenal140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arsenal140
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts
MSFT is going to need to come up with a better incentive for us to be shelling out $50 a year if Sony's service is any good. And don't give me that, "it's only 3 cents a second" BS...it's still 50 dollars.northface13

Sonys service isnt any good. PSN is a joke......an unfunny joke
badmonkey35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 badmonkey35
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

an equal balance between offline and online would be suitable.mistermykol

some games do.  gears, R6V,PD0 just to name a few that i've played split screen.  to me being an older gamer in his 30's live adds to the experience.  like the old days at the arcade with your buddies.

the 360 has more balance of online and offline games to date.

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Heres why:

-Live is expensive.

mistermykol

Generalities are almost always great way to talk about things, really. (did you see what I did there?)

Anyways, I'd have to say you are 100% wrong.  

First, most games are at least 10-15 hours without live, many are up to 20.  This is nothing new, remember NES, SNES and Playstation games? before live? Yeah, they were SHORT, the vast majority of them were damned short, you just either never noticed (because with NES games you had to start them over every time) or you just don't remember.  Then on PS: remember Resident Evil? Yeah, that game was less than 6 hours if played decently.  Remember Half Life?  I think you could beat it in like 2 hours if you knew what you were doing.  ALL before Live.

Second, seems to me less than half of games get real addons through live, and the ones that do get new maps to play on live.  Except for Madden, I haven't really felt a game was incomplete as of launch only to be made complete with addons that had to be purchased.

Third, totally wrong.  Less than half of Xbox owners have an Xbox live account.  The majority of people do *not* play on live, you only think basically everyone does because the live players are more visible.  They are more likely to be more into the games and therefore more likely to post on forums, etc.

And seriously, most games are long enough, its just people sit there and blow through them trying to beat them.  Almost all games have multiple difficulty settings, hey, there's at least 2x the play length right there if you play through on normal and hard.  All games also now have achievements, you may hate them or not, but they give you something to go for.  Also, games are still a pretty sweet deal compared to other things, even if they are short.  How much does a movie cost now?  Just a single person, non matinee, no popcorn or any snacks, can cost anywhere from $10-12. For the average movie that runs about 2 hours, guess what, that's 5-6 bucks an hour for the entertainment, PLUS you don't even get to watch it again without paying again.  Comparatively, even a 10 hour long game nets you 6 bucks per hour, plus you can play it through again, even without Live.

Microsoft making money off 360 repairs? Conspiracy? Not a troll?  Ok, first off, if you have to say you aren't a troll, you probably are one.  Second, what company in their right mind would think its a good idea to make a defective product just so they can make money off the repairs?  No profitable one, I'll tell you that.  Plus, did you miss how they made repairs totally free for a big chunk of people?  If it were a conspiracy, that's a pretty stupid way to run things.

Point is: Most games could survive without Live, its just they are even better with it.  Look at Halo: CE - no live functionality, but it was the most popular Xbox game out there for a LONG time, even after Live came out.  Only thing is, instead of playing on live, people would have to cart their TVs and systems over to a friend's house to play multiplayer. Now, we can sit on our own comfy couches in our own homes and play with our friends there.  I only see advantages.  Sure, some greedy companies like EA will try to milk all of our money, but others like Epic will use Live to extend our experiences for free.

Also, I don't see how a stab at 1080p made its way into your rant.  1080p, like Live, is just another feature that people can take advantage of to have more fun with their games.

Also what's a "pure gamer?"  One who just plays single player by themselves or coop using split screen?  Nope sorry, we've progressed beyond that. Now everyone can have their *own* screen and can compete against new people all the time, instead of your just your neighbors.

Sorry man, Live rules.  period.  For less than the cost of 1 game per year you get access to SOOO much more than just competative multiplayer.  If you don't get it, too bad.
ryanjtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ryanjtravis
Member since 2004 • 2095 Posts
jmartinez1983 - I didn't want to quote your post because it would be way too long... but WELL SAID. I completely agree and couldn't have stated it better myself.
imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
Wow, you are very wrong.
bobbysox0070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bobbysox0070
Member since 2003 • 769 Posts

jmartinez1983 - I didn't want to quote your post because it would be way too long... but WELL SAID. I completely agree and couldn't have stated it better myself.ryanjtravis

i'm with this guy -- good post

xikr0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xikr0n
Member since 2003 • 99 Posts

How dare they offer us leaderboards, multiplayer gaming, tournaments, downloadable content and voice chat!
Really though, Live is great and I don't think it's motivating developers to do less with the single-player portions of their games, just EA. It's an innovation and it sucks if you don't have it, but single-player games were all developers had to make in the past. The online element is an entirely different part of the game to focus on now, and a lot of gamers prefer online multiplayer to single player games. Developers are still creating games like Mass Effect and Bioshock, and Guitar Hero II still has same-console coop play (even though that's the only coop play). Live didn't ruin gaming, it's making it better.

DaHunta90

Your missing the OP's point. Because of Live being offered most games are focused on the Live portions of the games since Live is a huge feature Microsoft is focusing on and they are doing away with offline co-op in alot of games as well as effecting the length and quaility of the single player experience. Sure its great that live is being offered but this dosent mean they need to sacrifice the single player game and completely do away with offline co-op etc.

Live should be an addition to what we are used to in console gaming and not such a focus as to do away with single player experiences, length, and co-op modes.

imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
He is not saying live sucks, he is just saying that he would rather see a good long First player game that can be played with on offline CO-OP. And i agree, the games now are very short, but i do love xbox live, but he has a very good point except the fact that live is not expensive at all.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
Why is it MS this and MS that? MS does not make every game for Xbox 360. It is obviously the trend that gaming is going to. Expect the same on the PS3. The Wii currently doesn't have any online multiplayer in the US. Maybe you should buy one of those.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Why is it MS this and MS that? MS does not make every game for Xbox 360. It is obviously the trend that gaming is going to. Expect the same on the PS3. The Wii currently doesn't have any online multiplayer in the US. Maybe you should buy one of those.b11051973
I'm pretty sure its just that people have forgotten that games have always been short. The exceptions have been RPGs and then occassional games like Ninja Gaiden.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Agreed. You hear this idea floated around at gaming conventions all the time: the ability to bring people together via gaming. Online gaming is something that Sony and Microsoft both worked hard to incorporate into their systems. (What other way is there to explain the built in Wifi in the PS3?) I do, however, see the OP's point of designers slacking off on co-op modes. If they expect most people to play online anyway, what's the point of developing a highly sophisticated Co-op form of play?
AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 AndyWilliams24
Member since 2005 • 7291 Posts
I personaly think the complete opposite.... :?
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
So playing with friends is ruining gaming? If there wasn't Xbox Live, I wouldn't even have a 360 it would be so boring.
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
Well I don't know if that's exactly true cause Live can still bring enjoyment to many gamers throughout the world and plus XBL Marketplace makes it a lot more convenient for Live members...and it's offering XBLA games and that's certainly a plus... And don't worry, Live has nothing to do with ruining campaign modes in certain games. ;)
SilV3RSix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 SilV3RSix
Member since 2002 • 1722 Posts

PC's have been using downloadable extensions/mods forever, and the first 'online only' games appeared years ago. Why would a console version of that model suddenly taint the game quality?

Negative, Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

While i understand what your saying you can't put Microsoft in their as a reason. Why? Because Microsoft can't force companies to focus on Xbox Live at all (you can argue, but you would be wrong). Also shooters usually don't have any longer than 8-12 hours of campaign (while most are shorter). Now look at this... Jade Empire... beat it in about 12 hours (non shooter), Fable... beat it in 7 hours (non shooter), King Kong... beat it in about 6-8 hours (shooter, action/adventure), Kameo... beat it in 12 hours (action/adventure).

Now while i do point out that none of those are shooters (which i know you aren't focusing on), i am trying to make a point that most RPGs/action adventure as in this case all of those but Kameo have no online and they are at average of about 8-9 hours of gameplay. Now something interesting that is a nice fact is... Most RPGs (or adventure-esk) titles that are longer than about 30 hours are usually the big hit ones (Final Fantasy, Kotor, and Oblivion). Now shooters that are big hits now a day MUST have good online. Gears of War compaign (while fun and actin packed) lacked the most fundamental part of a campaign........ a story. It was a huge game and the biggest reason people play it is because of online (while many dropped off from the update because they are upset they won't win because they lack skill).

Xbox Live isn't ruining games because online multiplayer is really the new age of gaming and while it is taking the gaming community by storm there are still non online games that are very, very good.

VladTheImpaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VladTheImpaler
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

DaHunta90

"I don't think it's motivating developers to do less with the single-player portions of their games, just EA."  Nice One man

I agree with everything you said except the fact that all people like online games better.  That may be the case however it has not been proven.  Myself I play just about every game on 360, but I have only played Rainbow Six and GEARS of war online.  In this thread alone it seems to b 50/50 on which type of games people like.

Arsenal140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Arsenal140
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts
[QUOTE="AeroTow"]Live is great, Xbox was the first consol to really introduce multiplayer gaming, its more innovative than you appreciate.dbrook
Dumbass...are you six years old? have you ever played on a console in your life before 360? I love 360 and LIVE but no way in hell did it bloody introduce multiplayer gaming. Multiplayer goes back decades. Like i say i love XBOX but microsoft are no innovaters. All they do is steal ideas and pump money into it. They weren't even the first console to feature online gaming let alone multiplayer. I recall the Dreamcast first introduced online gaming to consoles. Sure it wasnt great...but technology wasnt ready for it. Just about everything you see on and XBOX is just an added build on the core structures which were brought about from games like Goldeneye. You think there would be a HALO if there hadnt been goldeneye and perfect dark. Goldeneye was the first console shooter featuring four player split screen which is without a doubt a much more memorable experience then LIVE ever will be. I know iv had a rant but iether you've got your words wrong or you are totally stupid think about what youre sayin...as far as im concerned that comment is an insult to anyone who considers themselves a gamer...

Somebody has a chip on their sholder about M$. Of course they wern't the first to think of online gaming but they were the first ones to do it right.and its not like online gaming is a genuis idea thought up by sega for the dreamcast. it was the obvious way to take gaming forward and M$ did it very very well indeed.
VladTheImpaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VladTheImpaler
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

[QUOTE="AeroTow"]Live is great, Xbox was the first consol to really introduce multiplayer gaming, its more innovative than you appreciate.dbrook
Dumbass...are you six years old? have you ever played on a console in your life before 360? I love 360 and LIVE but no way in hell did it bloody introduce multiplayer gaming. Multiplayer goes back decades. Like i say i love XBOX but microsoft are no innovaters. All they do is steal ideas and pump money into it. They weren't even the first console to feature online gaming let alone multiplayer. I recall the Dreamcast first introduced online gaming to consoles. Sure it wasnt great...but technology wasnt ready for it. Just about everything you see on and XBOX is just an added build on the core structures which were brought about from games like Goldeneye. You think there would be a HALO if there hadnt been goldeneye and perfect dark. Goldeneye was the first console shooter featuring four player split screen which is without a doubt a much more memorable experience then LIVE ever will be. I know iv had a rant but iether you've got your words wrong or you are totally stupid think about what youre sayin...as far as im concerned that comment is an insult to anyone who considers themselves a gamer...

I think he meant online gaming not Multiplayer.  Chill out man.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="mistermykol"][QUOTE="DesmondPills"] Live is the only reason i still play games.DesmondPills

you missed my point i think.  im saying that i use Live to also keep in touch with people since i usually get on it after work.  so its a multi function thing for me i guess.  its harder to chill over a friends house when your doing this career garbage lol.  just my opinion.

True... plus $50 a year is a steal, dude. If anything, Live means I have a reason to replay my games after I beat them.

dinkabusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dinkabusdog
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I kinda know where the origional poster is coming from. I enjoy having the opportuity to play interactive, but can only tolerate the Live kiddies (whether they are 12yrs. old or 50 yrs.) for so long before I yak.  The mid stream drop out players and cheaters ruin the experience and having a "full length" single player mode should always be the predominant factor in game design unless the game is specifically marketed to online buyers.  Having both options in 1 game is the ultimate prize, but more and more the designers sacrifice one for the other. At  $60.00 a pop there is no excuse for a game not being tweaked to perfection prior to release.
Live is being used by these unscrupulous design companies to rush delivery of their half done title in order to reap an early cash crop and to hell with customer complaints.
Another complaint is the politically correct bull$hit gamers are subjected to on nearly every game being made.
The ethnic and gender bending b/s is getting as ridiculous as the garbage coming out of Hollywood , and I for one am sick of it.
Those of you indoctrinated kiddies with butt squirt in your shorts won't have a clue what I'm writing about, but there it is. Now go back to school and learn more political correctness....comrade!
Oh yea, M$ is keeping Live inexpensive in the hope that you will have mommy and daddy pay for your downloads as well as it's marketing strategy to sell consoles, and it works.
To say that Live doesn't make money is only seeing half the picture. The system sales that Live has generated is huge.

Â