Left 4 Dead- Things That Piss You Off

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

I don't really hate the game itself, but the most infuriating thing can be the people you play with. These are things that really make me angry when playing L4D.

- People who don't notice that you are behind, being attacked or incapped

- People who kick and vote for no or little reason

- People who play on expert difficulty who obviously can't even play adequetly

- People who pounce someone you are attacking as a smoker (seriously Valve, fix this)

- People who run ahead of everyone and end up dying

Anyone else want to share what you feel?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Melees. Endless amount of melees. How is that even a strategy? Run in a corner and bash one button for 3 minutes. Lame.

Atomic_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Atomic_Bacon
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

Melees. Endless amount of melees. How is that even a strategy? Run in a corner and bash one button for 3 minutes. Lame.

yokofox33
They are fixing this with the DLC. There is a thing called melee fatigue, basicaly you get tired after you melee forever and have to wait to regain the strength to melee.
Atomic_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Atomic_Bacon
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts
Oh and the thing that pisses me off is the little noobs who can't keep up with the team even when the rest of us are moving at a slow pace. Or the people who have no clue how to play... like it is there first time playing. Do us all a favor and stay offline until you get the controls down.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Atomic_Bacon

They are fixing this with the DLC. There is a thing called melee fatigue, basicaly you get tired after you melee forever and have to wait to regain the strength to melee.

Yeah I heard about that. I might actually start to play the game again once that happens.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
Slow people. Team killers. Random kickers. Unbalanced teams. Need some sort of skill ranking system.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

In Expert- if the witch touches you, you just die? She doesn't even swing at you, your character just has a heart attack or something.

The tank's rocks are homing missles, they dont fly forward, the curve and dance around cover-its totally stupid.

and we all have the rants about the dumb kids who dont know how to play the game.

bcjkdem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bcjkdem
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
The complete and utter repetitive-ness of the game.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Atomic_Bacon

That's awesome, but is there a list of things getting released in the DLC?

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ISuperGamerI

The complete and utter repetitive-ness of the game.bcjkdem

Lol, you should have expected that when you played the game. And it's not that repetitive, and even then, they are releasing new maps and Survival mode.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#12 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
[QUOTE="Atomic_Bacon"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Hope they keep that just for versus mode, not in the coop campaign.
CoiledNewkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 CoiledNewkirk
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts

When your grabbed by a ghoulie (smoker or hunter) and no body helps you up.

When kids hide in thesafe room so you cant get them while their team mates are working as hard as they can outside.

Boomers, nuff said

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
The game is very repetitive.
kylekatarn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kylekatarn08
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

I hate in versus when your the infected and the human team just runs as fast as they can for the saferoom they don't even stop to fight zombies so you don't have time set up an ambush because all they want to do is get the human part over as fast as they can so they can be infected they don't have any consideration for the other team who might also want to be infected its even less fun being on the same team as these guys cause they don't stop for ANYTHING not even to help you up.

megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts

how overpowered the witch is. Seriously, It just warps up to you and gets an instant kill.

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts

The thing that pisses me off is the AI of the survivors when you have A certain place you stand when you are waiting for the to be rescued and they go off by there selves or they stand in your line of fire LOL.I wish you could direct the non people players just A little bit.The one thing that sucks sometimes is when the game sends everything at you at one time ,you know A swarm,A smokerm, A Boomer, A Hunter and, A witch,A Tank LOL.

Acronomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Acronomic
Member since 2003 • 439 Posts

Wait. People are playing this game?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#19 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
How hard it seems for me to get the crowned achievement. I can't get that witches head with one shot! Also people who take online so seriously that they get mad at the noobs. Lighten up, it's a game. I try to help noobs, they can only get better.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Quitters in versus mode

MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

team killers. ppl who disturb witches just bc. or shoot cars n alert the horde. ppl who keep asking for health cuz they are always bleeding out cuz they always keep getting pounced, dragged or barfed on n getting incapped. so pretty much is a waste of health kit/pills. ppl that let you die just to get ur health kit.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 brandontwb
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Atomic_Bacon

Really? That's just what I was looking for! This is going to make expert mode a lot harder though lol.
Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Double0hFor
Member since 2007 • 394 Posts

people who dont follow, start/alert the horde when no one is ready, people who look for almost full games and dont wait to fill the room up, teamate ai (zoey constantly stands beside me when a hunter is on me and doesnt help for like 5 minutes)

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 brandontwb

In Expert- if the witch touches you, you just die? She doesn't even swing at you, your character just has a heart attack or something.

The tank's rocks are homing missles, they dont fly forward, the curve and dance around cover-its totally stupid.

and we all have the rants about the dumb kids who dont know how to play the game.

Shmiity
When tanks throw rocks at you, you need to be moving in one direction and when he is about to throw it move in the opposite direction it's not that hard.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 brandontwb
How hard it seems for me to get the crowned achievement. I can't get that witches head with one shot! Also people who take online so seriously that they get mad at the noobs. Lighten up, it's a game. I try to help noobs, they can only get better.cainetao11
I thought it was hard at first too. The trick is to not hesitate. I've said that to many people before and they do the same thing. They just go up to the witch, and for some reason wait a second or two to line up a shot or something. DO NOT HESITATE. On easy, grab an auto shotgun and run up to her start shooting like crazy. You will get the achievement-that's how I did it. You do the extra shots to be sure, but it will always kill her instantly on easy, and it doesn't even have to be a head shot like it says.
Slinky_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Slinky_Turtle
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

I hate in versus when your the infected and the human team just runs as fast as they can for the saferoom they don't even stop to fight zombies so you don't have time set up an ambush because all they want to do is get the human part over as fast as they can so they can be infected they don't have any consideration for the other team who might also want to be infected its even less fun being on the same team as these guys cause they don't stop for ANYTHING not even to help you up.

kylekatarn08
Thats the whole point. To go fast so you the infected can't set up ambushes. Unless what you're saying is that they should let you ambush them so they can lose.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#27 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I don't really hate the game itself, but the most infuriating thing can be the people you play with. These are things that really make me angry when playing L4D.

- People who pounce someone you are attacking as a smoker (seriously Valve, fix this)

brandontwb

you've just given five reasons why you shouldn't play it.

cheez-it_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 cheez-it_kid
Member since 2008 • 702 Posts
The game :|
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 brandontwb
[QUOTE="kylekatarn08"]

Slinky_Turtle
Thats the whole point. To go fast so you the infected can't set up ambushes. Unless what you're saying is that they should let you ambush them so they can lose.

That's why you just focus on the person in last. Pick them off one by one by incapacitating them and leaving them then lets see that one last guy speed run it.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]

DecadesOfGaming

you've just given five reasons why you shouldn't play it.

So, what's your point? When you have a good team going these things don't matter.
gotcha455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gotcha455
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts

Nothing really, it's a fun game.

DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

This game in general annoys me, it's hyped up to be something spectacular, granted it's a cool online horror/shooter, but otherwise, it's really not as good as everyone makes it out to be.

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts

This game lives up to all the hype,and I do not know why people are saying that it doesn't.This game has so much replay.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Pople that only play to run around and kill each other. I actually met two people that do that all the time it was funny because i put my auto-shotgun to his head and completely killed him. Poor guy ran away crying and his little friend just sat there tearing up. What a sad day for team killers.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
The only thing that gets on my nerves is when people just don't help each other out at all. I hate when I die because my team members were too selfish or stupid to help out a little. Sometimes I get a little "every man for himself," but in the end, you do have to help each other out a little to have a cohesive team, and some people just don't seem to understand that. Other than that, there's really nothing else that pisses me off. L4D is godly.
Evandemocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Evandemocracy
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts
thrown up on and people who quit to frequently cause their not making as much progress as you especially on vs mode online sore lossers !!! getting all but hurt cause i killed you to many times so they feel need to talk so much on their headphones
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

How tanks kill hunters if they try to help kill the person he has down. How boomers stun tanks when they blow up. Falling off buildings when hit by tank. People who throw molotovs at places where hunters are hiding (and they know it). Boomers that sit ontop of ladders. Hunters that continually pounce spam you while your climbing up a ladder. Getting pulled under the elevator. plenty others, surprisingly melee s[am didnt make my hate list. its a tactic imho.

Evil-Assassinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Evil-Assassinz
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts

Well I hate that the humans can regain health as many times as they want just as long as they have the health packs as I once got on player into red health about 10 times in one of the levels for a mission and they just got back up and revived. I also hate the unbalanced teams, the endless spam of meles, the team killers, the random kickers, the people who go to far ahead or just stay far behind, the people who don't listen to you when you are trying to help them out although they might be in a private chat, and the noobs who won't go anywhere and just camp in one little spot like the begining of a level and wont even move. Also I hate when people move oblects to block one area off when you have to go through that way ex. the sewer where someone move the trash on top of the opening and also on the elevator when they block it off but im not exactly sure if valve fixed this cause i havent played the game in a long time.

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

people who step in front of your fire when our obviously firing in that direction..... oh lets step in front and get shot.

d-high29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 d-high29
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

people who step in front of your fire when our obviously firing in that direction..... oh lets step in front and get shot.

PrincePwnStar

ya and then they yell at you for shooting them

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

PrincePwnStar

This, totally. We aint playing no halo where you need to strafe left and right while shooting, stand still kthx.

Avatar image for Un4givingAsault
Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Un4givingAsault
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts

Worst Multiplayer lobby system ever contructed,(ie. no ranking system, hard to find games, people quittin, people able to boot you....)

No story made me trade the game in, Its fun, but I have no instrest.

Not enough guns.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="PrincePwnStar"]

Vashn

This, totally. We aint playing no halo where you need to strafe left and right while shooting, stand still kthx.

This is why i crouch a lot.

SirRiffAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SirRiffAlot
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

Worst Multiplayer lobby system ever contructed,(ie. no ranking system, hard to find games, people quittin, people able to boot you....)

Not enough guns.

Un4givingAsault

I agree with you on the first two, but not enough guns is a poor excuse.

It's a zombie outbreak, you're lucky to have any type of gun. This isn't a Tom Clancy game where you can carefully organize each weapon to your liking, grab a gun and start running and killing, simple enough.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 brandontwb

[QUOTE="Un4givingAsault"]

Not enough guns.

SirRiffAlot

I agree with you on the first two, but not enough guns is a poor excuse.

It's a zombie outbreak, you're lucky to have any type of gun. This isn't a Tom Clancy game where you can carefully organize each weapon to your liking, grab a gun and start running and killing, simple enough.

If it's a zombie outbreak there should be anything but a limited variety of weapons. In L4D I think there could be more original moments and a bit more storytelling around the world to explore.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
Grabbed by a ghoulie, lol... reference to Grabbed by the Ghoulies =P
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
[QUOTE="TX360"]The game is very repetitive.[/QUOTE Every game is very repetitive.
spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts

Quitters and people that jump into games with a guest and the guest gets put on a different team...all they do is try to screw over the other team. Valve really needs to fix this.

Oh and the biggest one is people that won't play as humans, they just sit there and let you kill them cause they want to play as the infected again.

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Atomic_Bacon

IF they take my melee and mess it up then I wont download the update. I dont care what maps i dont get....The game is hard enough on expert without screwing it up more.

you know...boomer, smoker, hunter.......boomer, smoker, hunter......boomer, smoker, hunter.....get the point..

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ISuperGamerI

[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

brandontwb

When tanks throw rocks at you, you need to be moving in one direction and when he is about to throw it move in the opposite direction it's not that hard.

Haha, that's true. What do you do? Stand in one spot and be lilke "Oh crap, a rock!" Look closely at where the rock is going to land, and run away lol.