kane & lynch love or hate it????!

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dcyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dcyple
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts
hey there pals & gals a quick question for those of you out there that played k&l do you love it or hate it?!me personally I LOVE IT. It's a great game could of been a bit longer but its still a good game.it reminds me of a movie I saw once I forget the name,anyway I THINK IT'S GREAT.that's my opinion what's yours!!!?
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
I thought it was very mediocre. Combat sucked IMO, enemy AI was extremely stupid.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
most of it was good starts getting dumb near the end but the first half is def classic
SamAges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SamAges
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts
T'was a pretty good game. Graphics where.. OK... Not terrible.. Gameplay was fun to an extent ( Near the end it sort've felt like a chore.. as in. The last level. ) Had some kinks to work out. But yeah. It was pretty good. ( First half = Great. Second half = :( )
dcyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dcyple
how could you???maybe the a.i wasnt all that great,but c,mon
I thought it was very mediocre. Combat sucked IMO, enemy AI was extremely stupid.grunt1096
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

I hated it. It was totally an waste of my 30 minutes. I do not think I will consider buying games from Eidos for a long time.

dcyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dcyple
ya see your right on the money'the 1st half was pure bliss joy joy
T'was a pretty good game. Graphics where.. OK... Not terrible.. Gameplay was fun to an extent ( Near the end it sort've felt like a chore.. as in. The last level. ) Had some kinks to work out. But yeah. It was pretty good. ( First half = Great. Second half = :( )SamAges
rrreptile69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rrreptile69
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
under rated, its not as polished as halo, still fun though
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts

neither.

it was alright. definatly deservers more than the 3.2 user rating it's getting.

stupid people. rate the game not your loser feelings about what happened. morons are tainting the rating system doing stupid crap like that.

tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts

LOVED IT.

I've beat it twice already on co-op... I generally get tired of or don't play many offline games.

The online is fun too... provided you dont have an ahole trying to betray you at the beginning.

bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
loved it! can't wait to play it again once my 360 comes home to me..
Mentalfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Mentalfred
Member since 2003 • 8885 Posts

People hate it because of this whole Gerstman thing, which had nothing to do with it.

Morons.

Anyway, its average I'd say.

MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

I didnt like it.

saigondude63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 saigondude63
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

i havent played it but from the looks of it, it reminds me of the movie thunderbolt and lightfoot

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I think that Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is a really great game. As it is one of my favorite games on the Xbox360.
Most people that respond to this game either hasn't played at all, or has played the demo or the retail version for only a few minutes and then gave up. If you have the patients to get used to the controls(aiming) it is not that difficult, it took me about hour or less before I got to understand the controls(aiming).
I played the demo for like 4 hours straight and I wanted alot more then that little part of the mission. So I bought the retail game and have just recently finished it and it is really fun to play, it has a great story, and is a great game. If you look at my sig below you will see my gamertag and this game is listed, you can click on the gamertag box to see what achievements I have for this game.
Once I go through the single-player part of TimeShift and Medal of Honor: Airborne and Assassin's Creed I will play and beat Kane & Lynch: Dead Men again, and I just can't wait!

mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
I wish it was a good game. First time I headshotted a guy and he didnt die, I thought it was a stupid game. The graphics are 2 years old, and all the bad guys look the same. I wish it could be more fun
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
i played the ps3 version and i actually thought that everything after the nightclub level was great...i didn't like the first few levels...i would give it 7.5-8.0
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
I was really excited when I heard about this game. I mean it's from the creators of Hitman, right? You'd think it'd be a done deal. Well, there are some annoying problems with the game that seem to get worse the further you get into the game. When I got to Havana, I had to stop playing. The annyoing little problems won and I traded it in.
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
the nightclub level really annoyed me but after that i enjoyed the game
Nercay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nercay
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts

I really enjoyed the game, although mostly the first half, the first half seemed like something knew, not the usual army shooter or alien shooter, just b reaking out of jail etc, stuff like that, but the last few levels just make it feel like a war/army game.

I thought it was really good though.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghstbstr

So what I really want to know is alot people say that they have troubles/problems/issues with Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, so what I want to know from these people who claim that they have these troubles/problems/issues then list what troubles/problems/issues that have not just say that you troubles/problems/issues.

I think that most people have some other types of troubles/problems/issues with this game besides the games itself. I think that it has something to do with that Jeff G guy getting fired, which to me is really a stupid reason to have troubles/problems/issues with game because of a person.

Another thing all games have troubles/problems/issues, there is no such thing as a perfect games that works 100% issue free.

Avatar image for ViscaBarcaInter
ViscaBarcaInter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ViscaBarcaInter
Member since 2007 • 382 Posts
It's decent. I'm playing through it on co-op with my sister, and it's a laugh. But the flaws are quite clear, you can see why it got the ratings it did. The combat is literally hit and miss, you can sometimes headshot a guy like 3 times before he dies. But it is cinematic, you get some cool scenes you wouldn't get in the more generic corridor crawlers, like the shootout in the prison for instance. :D
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EnderSR388

So what I really want to know is alot people say that they have troubles/problems/issues with Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, so what I want to know from these people who claim that they have these troubles/problems/issues then list what troubles/problems/issues that have not just say that you troubles/problems/issues.

I think that most people have some other types of troubles/problems/issues with this game besides the games itself. I think that it has something to do with that Jeff G guy getting fired, which to me is really a stupid reason to have troubles/problems/issues with game because of a person.

Another thing all games have troubles/problems/issues, there is no such thing as a perfect games that works 100% issue free.

ghstbstr

Ok, lets start:

1.) Cover mechanic is broken. Even though I understand that if you stand next to the edge of a linkable wall, you'll link to it. Why not use a button instead. Very awkward especially in combat.

2.) Weapon ballistics are incredibly inaccurate. Even when aiming at someone directly with the crosshairs, you'll still miss 3 out of 5 bullets.

3.) Team member AI is about as ineffective as any game before it. You're allies stand and shoot walls, let enemies run right by them, shoot you or other allies, or stand 5 feet away from an enemy and never fire a shot. Also using the squad commands are also a chore since you have to aim where you want them to defend or take cover. In mid battle I find it bothersome to micromanage these functions that should be autonomous.

These are just problems with the gameplay. I haven't even touched on the graphics and how they look worse than Hitman: Blood Money or that the levels offer very little freedom, if any, in there linearity or how terrible the voice acting is.

This is not a persnoal vendetta for the Jeff G incident for me. I really wanted to like this game! I had it pre-ordered and even took the day off just to play this and Assassins Creed (actually I was on vacation at the time). I think with a little more care, IO will be able to craft a worth while sequel or prequel (would be interesting to see what took place before the events of the game). But after this review nonsense, they most likely won't even bother. Which is still good news for me, because that means more Hitman games instead.

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Hate it.
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ghstbstr
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]So what I really want to know is alot people say that they have troubles/problems/issues with Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, so what I want to know from these people who claim that they have these troubles/problems/issues then list what troubles/problems/issues that have not just say that you troubles/problems/issues.

Another thing all games have troubles/problems/issues, there is no such thing as a perfect games that works 100% issue free.EnderSR388

Ok, lets start:

1.) Cover mechanic is broken. Even though I understand that if you stand next to the edge of a linkable wall, you'll link to it. Why not use a button instead. Very awkward especially in combat.

2.) Weapon ballistics are incredibly inaccurate. Even when aiming at someone directly with the crosshairs, you'll still miss 3 out of 5 bullets.

3.) Team member AI is about a ineffective as any game before it. You're allies stand and shoot walls, let enemies run right by them, shoot you or other allies, or stand 5 feet away from an enemy and never fire a shot. Also using the squad commands are also a chore since you have to aim where you want them to defend or take cover. In mid battle I find it bothersome to micromanage these functions that should be autonomous.

These are just problems with the gameplay. I haven't even touched on the graphics and how they look worse than Hitman: Blood Money or that the levels offer very little freedom, if any, in there linearity or how terrible the voice acting is.

This is not a persnoal vendetta for the Jeff G incident for me. I really wanted to like this game! I had it pre-ordered and even took the day off just to play this and Assassins Creed (actually I was on vacation at the time). I think with a little more care, IO will be able to craft a worth while sequel or prequel (would be interesting to see what took place before the events of the game). But after this review nonsense, they most likely won't even bother. Which is still good news for me, because that means more Hitman games instead.

1.) The cover system worked fine when I played it.

2. Weapons are inaccurate, because that is realistic. Most games you can aim and shoot and hit what you are aiming it, which is unrealistic but that is just a game.

3.) There were alot of times where the Team member AI saved my life throughout the game. The squad commands worked fine when I used them.

Also the graphics look great to me on my Epson LCD projector on an 80in widescreen screen, you must have a bad and/or an old and/or a small tv.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EnderSR388
[QUOTE="EnderSR388"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]So what I really want to know is alot people say that they have troubles/problems/issues with Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, so what I want to know from these people who claim that they have these troubles/problems/issues then list what troubles/problems/issues that have not just say that you troubles/problems/issues.

Another thing all games have troubles/problems/issues, there is no such thing as a perfect games that works 100% issue free.ghstbstr

Ok, lets start:

3.) Team member AI is about a ineffective as any game before it. You're allies stand and shoot walls, let enemies run right by them, shoot you or other allies, or stand 5 feet away from an enemy and never fire a shot. Also using the squad commands are also a chore since you have to aim where you want them to defend or take cover. In mid battle I find it bothersome to micromanage these functions that should be autonomous.

2. Weapons are inaccurate, because that is realistic. Most games you can aim and shoot and hit what you are aiming it, which is unrealistic but that is just a game.

3.) There were alot of times where the Team member AI saved my life throughout the game. The squad commands worked fine when I used them.

Also the graphics look great to me on my Epson LCD projector on an 80in widescreen screen, you must have a bad and/or an old and/or a small tv.

Oookay Richie Rich. :roll:

My 32" LCD works just fine. I never died enough to need them to save my life, I just needed them to do their job and shoot people, which at most times they were incapable of. Also, have you ever fired a weapon before? The whole point is to be accurate, not spray the surrounding area. So no, that's not "realistic". lol Well unless you're laying down supressing fire, which I wasn't.

So I give you what you've asked for, actual reason for the "troubles/problems/issues" and you're just going to say, well it all worked for me. Well, consider yourself lucky, or unlucky depeding on how you look at it. I got rid of mine when I could and got some decent scratch and haven't looked back. There's too many great games that are out and coming out to waste time on this poor effort. Enjoy the dwindling XBL community while you can.

Oh and before we even get into this, I just noticed your fanboy badge for the game, so I'm done. :)

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghstbstr

My 32" LCD works just fine. I never died enough to need them to save my life, I just needed them to do their job and shoot people, which at most times they were incapable of. Also, have you ever fired a weapon before? The whole point is to be accurate, not spray the surrounding area. So no, that's not "realistic". lol Well unless you're laying down supressing fire, which I wasn't.

Oh and before we even get into this, I just noticed your fanboy badge for the game, so I'm done with you. :)

EnderSR388

Guns are not as accurate in real life situations as most games make them to be.

Oh and it is not a fanboy thing, as it just means that I like the game. Okay.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EnderSR388
[QUOTE="EnderSR388"]

Oh and before we even get into this, I just noticed your fanboy badge for the game, so I'm done with you. :)

ghstbstr

Dude, I've fired many guns. Handguns, rifles, shotguns, semi-auto, full-auto. Their very accurate if you know what you're doing. And what I meant about the fanboy thing is that no matter what I say in disagreement about this game, you'll fight me on it. It's not productive for either of us.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ghstbstr
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EnderSR388"]

EnderSR388

Dude, I've fired many guns. Handguns, rifles, shotguns, semi-auto, full-auto. Their very accurate if you know what you're doing. And what I meant about the fanboy thing is that no matter what I say in disagreement about this game, you'll fight me on it. It's not productive for either of us.

Okay cool, but it is not that I am disgreeing with you as more like with the troubles/problems/issues that people seem to have it is more like I am having troubles/problems/issues with peoples so-called opinion about this game is all.

dcyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dcyple
ya see,don't judge the graphics if ya don't have ythe right t.v,it look'd great on mine also.I have a 36 inch 1080i hdtv,looks great on mine 2,and I found nothing wrong with the cover system also,you'r o.k in my book pal.
[QUOTE="EnderSR388"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]So what I really want to know is alot people say that they have troubles/problems/issues with Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, so what I want to know from these people who claim that they have these troubles/problems/issues then list what troubles/problems/issues that have not just say that you troubles/problems/issues.

Another thing all games have troubles/problems/issues, there is no such thing as a perfect games that works 100% issue free.ghstbstr

Ok, lets start:

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EnderSR388
ya see,don't judge the graphics if ya don't have ythe right t.v,it look'd great on mine also.I have a 36 inch 1080i hdtv,looks great on mine 2,and I found nothing wrong with the cover system also,you'r o.k in my book pal.[QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EnderSR388"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"]So what I really want to know is alot people say that they have troubles/problems/issues with Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, so what I want to know from these people who claim that they have these troubles/problems/issues then list what troubles/problems/issues that have not just say that you troubles/problems/issues.

Another thing all games have troubles/problems/issues, there is no such thing as a perfect games that works 100% issue free.dcyple

Ok, lets start:

OK so this thread is pointless then. You want people to come in here and give opinions, "love or hate it" right, then criticize them for not agreeing with you?? Hmm. And I have the right TV, I never said I didn't. I said the graphics look worse then Hitman Blood Money.

Spartans_317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Spartans_317
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
The gamed looked awesome even though it got low scores. I rented it and you tell ya, it is terrible. the cover system doesnt work well. You can't even attach to the wall easily. I stopped playing it like after the construction site level with the big truck and daughter.
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Loved it, got all 1000 gamerscore, then it fell by the wayside. Great game though.
luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

Storyline is great! Graphics are decent. Control and combat is very difficult to control.

Lots of potential here...but it could have used more time in development.

statquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 statquo
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts
it was ok, nothing great. thought the aiming was awful. 6 out of 10
End_all_Be_all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 End_all_Be_all
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

Terrible game all around

the storyline was awful, I'm not a prude when it comes to bad language but every other word was f*** after a while it got to me it also made no sense how one second their escaping jail the next their breaking into jail, next their in the jungle with a sniper rifle then their in fatigues in Cuba or something with the army.

multiplayer will last about half an hour before you've seen it all...

since I'm such an achievement ***** i got the 1000 out of it but it was not enjoyable.

zacksbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 zacksbored
Member since 2005 • 204 Posts
MEH... MEDIOCRE at best
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
after the jeff saga, im not even going to look at it
1_Hit_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 1_Hit_Killer
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts
Cool characters, with some great potential of a story but bad gameplay, horrible story direction and even worse endings (yeah they both sucked) make Kane and Lynch another "What if"type of game. I hope there's a sequel that actually uses the pontential the original presented because I loved the main characters.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EnderSR388"]

EnderSR388

Were you standing in a gun range or were you under fire in a warzone? :|

LegendK7ll3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LegendK7ll3r
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts
[QUOTE="EnderSR388"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EnderSR388"]

Juggernaut140

I wonder if he knows that taking more then one shot at a time activates a recoil, which then makes it very inaccurate after the first bullet, in most every gun (a Pistol is a good example of something which has recoil, but can be easily re-controlled, since you don't massively fire it). Anyway, aiming was perfectly fine, it was alittle slow, but turning sens. upto full fixed that for me.. I didn't have a problem killing anyone at all either, because I didn't spray bullets. I took my time, and made each shot I took accurate, and what-do-you-know, it seems to have worked perfectly fine.. I could even get dozens of headshots in-a-row.. in-fact, I actually got the Headshot achievement before The Club mission. As for the graphics, maybe your TV is just too big or something and is stretching out the image way too much. I have a 19' LCD HD-TV (Polaroid) and the game looks absolutely amazing on it, just as good as almost any other 360 game that I currently own.. and I own well over 40 360 games (and over 30 Arcade Games) - although it's not as great as Mass Effect looks. Speaking of-which, the covering system in this.. AT FIRST, is hard to get used to, and very annoying, but after you master it, you can do it absolutely anywhere without a problem. Comparing the cover system to other games (namely Mass Effect), and it's just as good, because Mass Effect is actually much more limited with their cover system. And the reason people are even saying anything back about what you said, is because you gave us crappy reasons. If you can list ten or more things, that aren't small or that can't be fixed with time or patience, then I don't think people would give you such a hard-time about stating your opinion.
secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

hey there pals & gals a quick question for those of you out there that played k&l do you love it or hate it?!me personally I LOVE IT. It's a great game could of been a bit longer but its still a good game.it reminds me of a movie I saw once I forget the name,anyway I THINK IT'S GREAT.that's my opinion what's yours!!!?dcyple

I was extremely dissapointed they cut online coop. Thats basically why I got it. The game was great and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Still disapointed though.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#43 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Neither. It was decent. Pretty much everything was just ok, nothing new was really done, and everything is done better in other games that came out.
unkling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 unkling
Member since 2004 • 345 Posts
I recently got it and it's a weird combination of Freedom Fighters and Hitman when it comes to the gameplay. It DOES NOT deserve all the bad press it gets. Not by a long shot. In the same way mediocre games like Halo 3 DO NOT deserve all the high and mighty garbage praise. Kane and Lynch does get crappy near the end, though. But there is ten full levels before that that are great, especially if you got a friend to play them with. And there is not a whole lot of difference in gameplay between this and most other 3rd person shooters, or 1st person shooters for that matter. People just like to either whine or can't think for themselves. Nuff said.
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts
The game is awesome. Not that much of a medicore like people say. I'm glad I did not waste my money buying it. lol
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EnderSR388
[QUOTE="EnderSR388"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EnderSR388"]

Juggernaut140

Isn't the goal to be accurate either way. I'd rather hit an enemy, then be supressed by him because I have crappy aim.

IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts
I'm going to have to play the demo. I see too many different opinions, which confuse me!
arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 arab_prince
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
I played the demo, and imo it was horribly. Games have certain standards these days and for a company that has a nice record, such as Eidos, to make a game this sub-par is pretty disgraceful. The combat was poor. The guns felt too weak. Controls were dinky as well. I guess its something you have to get used to. But I didnt feel it deserved that chance.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EnderSR388
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"][QUOTE="EnderSR388"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EnderSR388"]

WordLife2411

I wonder if he knows that taking more then one shot at a time activates a recoil, which then makes it very inaccurate after the first bullet, in most every gun (a Pistol is a good example of something which has recoil, but can be easily re-controlled, since you don't massively fire it).

An M249 can be controlled in short bursts. If you lay down on the trigger, then yeah, your aim will suck (and you deserve to be shot) unless you have the muscle to keep it in line. Any full-auto weapon has a tedency for the muzzle to rise. That's just ballistics. You counter this effect with compensators. Plus, you're never accurate with full-auto. Anyone who been taught how to shoot, knows that control bursts are more accurate. It's not like the movies you know. As cool as it looks running around spraying, it's not realistic. Anyways, I'm not going to sit here and argue about real world weapon physics. This is about K&L and how terrible it is.

adam_tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 adam_tea
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
This game blows, not even worth a rent!