Just picked up oblivion...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

Hey guys, I just picked up Oblivion and I am looking forward to FINALLY trying out this game that everyone is STILL talking about after all this time.....

I am completly new to RPG's in General so I wanted to ask, what should I expect? Is this going to be a tough experience for me? I know its a long game, but is it slow in the start? what should I do first? what should I not do? etc. etc.

thanks guys.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
The best thing about this game is that once you get out of the first dungeon (oooooo big spoiler), you can do WHATEVER YOU WANT!!! There are so many places to go and missions you can do, it's INSANE. Personally I always try to scrounge around for money and ingredients to get myself a house so I can store things.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
It's a good game. Hopefully you got the GOTY edition so yu have more stuff to screw around with in the game.
daboytroy1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 daboytroy1000
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts
rofl yeah its a good game but one thing rofl yeah its a good game but one thing YOUR NEW TO ROLE-PLAYING
tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

shoulda stArted with Mass Effect

Sub-ZeroJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Sub-ZeroJoe
Member since 2007 • 377 Posts
You probably won't like it in the beginning but once you get out the sewers, the action and story starts to pick up. Its an amazing game but it isn't for everyone. I hope you enjoy it like i did. I've put in hundreds of hours of gameplay into it. It really is addicting.
Astral_Vapor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Astral_Vapor
Member since 2007 • 276 Posts
I've always thought of Oblivion to be a Grand Theft Auto game, but in a medieval setting. You can go and do whatever you want. Seriousely, you can go murder people in their homes and get arrested. You can even resist arrest if you think your good enough (you must fight). Things happen even when you arent around, like people sleeping, eating, stores closing, people venturing the land. Both this game an Mass Effect are the top notch RPG's of the last 2 years.
BlueTimber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlueTimber
Member since 2004 • 722 Posts
Jesus Christ man just play the game. You make it seem like the game is life and death.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

The way skills increase in Oblivion is linked directly to how much you use them - fight with swords a lot and your skill with them increases. Sneak around a lot and your sneak skill will improve.

Get out of the sewers and then you are free to do pretty much what you want. Have a look in the city or wander around the countryside exploring - its up to you. You can trigger the main plot whenever you want, and aren't forced to do much of it you don't want to.

charma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 charma
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
Oblivion is great, you'll like it. Hope you got the GotY edition with Shivering Isles (this expansion rocks).
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
its a great game to pick up. i have it for the pc and it is great to play.