Just bought a brand new 360 and the built in wi-fi is in and out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

king-of-ruckus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 king-of-ruckus
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

I just picked up a brand new Star Wars limited edition Xbox 360 and when I transfered all of my data from my old xbox I booted it up and tried playing a round of Call of Duty and noticed that I was having connection problems every 20 seconds or so, it was real bad. I didnt notice anyone else having similar issues and assumed it might have been the server. I went to test out netflix and I can't even get past the title scree, it seems the wi-fi on this one is really weak. I thought it was supposed to be faster than the wireless adapter one I had on my old xbox. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
I just bought that bundle yesterday and I havent had any problems with it. Its probably your connection, honestly.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

It is most likely your Router. You might not have the right security settings enable.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I just bought that bundle yesterday and I havent had any problems with it. Its probably your connection, honestly. Cyanide4Suicid3

Agreed, I just recently picked up the Fonza and Skyrim bundle....been playing Gears, Splinter Cell and L4D2 online with no issues.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

If you just brought it could try exchanging it for another one. Or you could bring it over to a friend or relative's house to test it to see if it has the same problems.

Honestly though I'm guessing it's an issue with your connection.