i've never played jade empire is it any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 karma1680
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts
i was thinking about getting it but i've never played it i just wanted to get some info from some people who have played it
tyvivanco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 tyvivanco
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts
i was thinking the same thing kind of craving an action rpg to play, anyone played it lately?
nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
ive played it b4. didnt finish it though. wasnt a bad game, just didnt have acheivements and i had other games to play. but yea its a great game. like mass effect and kotor w/ the talking. the combat is kinda weird but its fun. u press buttons to hit ppl, u can block, and u have a power move to get through ur opponents blocks. u also have magic. i only played like 4 hours but it was tons of fun. i highly recommend it.
rh06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rh06
Member since 2004 • 473 Posts
It's pretty good, actually. I liked it quite a bit I do recommend to try it out.
Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
NO
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts

It's not that bad. The combat is pretty shallow and is a rock-paper-scissors action type of thing(normal attack, strong attack, block). Same dialogue type system as KOTOR. The story is nothing spectacular but I found it fairly entertaining.

The strangest thing to me is that every character in the game is asian but not a single person has an accent, at least that I remember. If you like most Bioware games it might be worth getting.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
Loved it. Story is pretty good, if not great. Characters are memorable as well. Dialogue mechanic is nearly identical to KOTOR. Although the combat is a bit easy, the story and the pacing kept me coming back. I'd love a Jade Empire 2.
karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 karma1680
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts
Can you create your character or do you have to pick out of a group?
MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts

It was awesome!

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

I thought it was pretty good. Goodstory (as always with Bioware - good twist) and entertaining gameplay though rather shallow at points. It's also very short. You can complete everything 100% in 15-20 hours (that may not be too bad but by KotOR standards it is). Characters are great though.

You pick your character from a group of potential fighters and from there you can change their name and their starting stats and techniques. You cannot however, change their face or their clothing.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
You can get it now for 10-20 USD brand new. For that price, it's a steal.
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts
its definitly a good game but not a great one.Anything by bioware is worth having in your collection.
Lingitiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lingitiz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
It's a great game, just a bit short. Good rpg although there wasn't enough customization. I'd say its not Bioware's best work but its still great.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
i liked the game.
Jade233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jade233
Member since 2005 • 191 Posts
This was one of my favorite games on the xbox. In my mind it is up there with any bioware game. Definately worth $12.
Deccamann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Deccamann
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts
Awesome game!
DarknessLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 DarknessLion
Member since 2008 • 2305 Posts
One of the best games for the orignal xbox.
TKandPBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TKandPBC
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
ign gave this game a 9.9. it's not 9.9 worthy, but it's really good.
nilemonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 nilemonitor
Member since 2004 • 910 Posts

I got the game for the Xbox a few years ago and played about 1 level then it collected dust after that. When I got a 360 the graphics were so improved for the 360 in HD that it looked like a PC game. I played through the entire game and enjoyed it. It appealed to my "chosen one godlike" complex. :lol:

vevevd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vevevd
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts

I really enjoyed Jade Empires

Solidus_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solidus_604
jade empire was ok.... lost interest in it after about 2-3 hours.
Gogolor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gogolor
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
Love it!!! One of my favorite games. The story is really good and has an exciting twist in the end. It can also be funny (John Cleese makes a cameo). Combat isn't that deep, but I really liked it, think Fable-ish. I liked it better than KOTOR, but I'm not a huge fan of turn based stuff.
laiho7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 laiho7
id get it if iwas u i loved it and i cant wait till theres is somin about number 2 on 360 also u should get it cos it will be so cheap and u wont go wrong very fluid and sleek gamplay
celebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 celebate
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts
Dont listen to these dopes who say its just okay... GET IT ... It is easily one of the best games on the original XBOX....
maxsparkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 maxsparkson
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

ive played it b4. didnt finish it though. wasnt a bad game, just didnt have acheivements and i had other games to play. but yea its a great game. like mass effect and kotor w/ the talking. the combat is kinda weird but its fun. u press buttons to hit ppl, u can block, and u have a power move to get through ur opponents blocks. u also have magic. i only played like 4 hours but it was tons of fun. i highly recommend it.nahmean187

Well no sh** it didnt have achievements, 0 original xbox games have achievements.

And i played it on a rental around when it was released, and trust me its a great game. I absolutely loved this game but i never had the need to buy it as i got it done in the 7 days i had it.

IMO, it's a great addition to bioware's resume and should be a great pickup for your collection, as two years ago the special edition used to fetch 20$ at best buy so you should probably be able to fetch it dirt cheap now.

nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

[QUOTE="nahmean187"]ive played it b4. didnt finish it though. wasnt a bad game, just didnt have acheivements and i had other games to play. but yea its a great game. like mass effect and kotor w/ the talking. the combat is kinda weird but its fun. u press buttons to hit ppl, u can block, and u have a power move to get through ur opponents blocks. u also have magic. i only played like 4 hours but it was tons of fun. i highly recommend it.maxsparkson

Well no sh** it didnt have achievements, 0 original xbox games have achievements.

And i played it on a rental around when it was released, and trust me its a great game. I absolutely loved this game but i never had the need to buy it as i got it done in the 7 days i had it.

IMO, it's a great addition to bioware's resume and should be a great pickup for your collection, as two years ago the special edition used to fetch 20$ at best buy so you should probably be able to fetch it dirt cheap now.

yea i said it didnt have acheivements cuz obviously my 360 games did and getting those seemed more appealing than playing an original. sry it just seemed like u quoted me just to say "Well no sh** it didnt have acheivements"

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
Can you create your character or do you have to pick out of a group?karma1680
i thought you had to play as Jade?
Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Warlock89
Member since 2005 • 2200 Posts
i had it for the original xbox. It was good, not up to par with bioware's usual rpgs. Seems like the red headed step child of bioware games lol. stil a good game though. Makes you feel like you are in a chinese martial arts movie. Story is pretty cool. Fighting is fun, but gets old fast. And the dialouge is what you'd expect a bioware game to be... good. U can probly find it cheaper than $15 at a gamestop or something though.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

I rented it and i had to force myself to beat it (only took about 14 hours). I liked the combat quite a lot because it wasn't like the other games i played and the graphics were good (at the time). The story though lost interest to me after about 1 or 2 hours in because i was able to guess what was going to happen almost every time and then when i still didn't expect it, it didn't wow me with its twists.

It was pretty weird to me because i love everything Bioware has made, but this one game. For some reason i just really didn't like it all the much. Beyond the combat the game (to me) sucked...

I would say if possible rent it (if you want to see the story) because you could easily beat it, but if you want a game to replay multiple times then go ahead and buy it. Now it isn't the normal type of Bioware game (combat wise) and i don't know what to compare it to exactly so i can't really say "if you like that game then you will like this one"...I don't know i guess just listen to other people if you want to buy it.