Is this going to work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
Ok, well my Xbox just died after 2 great years of service (I had a launch system). My brother, at college, also had a 360 that died. Well he is covered by a warranty and asked for a repair, well they sent a box to his dorm, and one to his old residence, my house. Well he doesn't need both so I just put my Xbox in the box at my house, and he put his in his box at the dorm and we shipped them. Will they catch on? If so, what will happend to my Xbox?
mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mfacek
Anyone have any idea?
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
um yours is still covered as the warranty is 3 years and no it wouldn;t cause they check the product number, but since your covered it shouldn't matter
mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mfacek
On xbox.com it says my warranty is up, w/e i figure it will just be a big wtf moment for the guy that scans the barcode and it says they recieved "Niles" (my bros) system already, and this is a totally diff. one.
TheNIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 TheNIM
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts

Ok, well my Xbox just died after 2 great years of service (I had a launch system). My brother, at college, also had a 360 that died. Well he is covered by a warranty and asked for a repair, well they sent a box to his dorm, and one to his old residence, my house. Well he doesn't need both so I just put my Xbox in the box at my house, and he put his in his box at the dorm and we shipped them. Will they catch on? If so, what will happend to my Xbox? mfacek

You'll probably get arrested and charged with petty theft... maybe even fraud..... and you will go to jail.

MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts

On xbox.com it says my warranty is up, w/e i figure it will just be a big wtf moment for the guy that scans the barcode and it says they recieved "Niles" (my bros) system already, and this is a totally diff. one.mfacek

How is your warranty up? The 360 hasn't been out for 3 years yet. Therefore, you are still covered.

mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mfacek

[QUOTE="mfacek"]Ok, well my Xbox just died after 2 great years of service (I had a launch system). My brother, at college, also had a 360 that died. Well he is covered by a warranty and asked for a repair, well they sent a box to his dorm, and one to his old residence, my house. Well he doesn't need both so I just put my Xbox in the box at my house, and he put his in his box at the dorm and we shipped them. Will they catch on? If so, what will happend to my Xbox? TheNIM

You'll probably get arrested and charged with petty theft... maybe even fraud..... and you will go to jail.

Lol, i'll be taking it up the butt by my big black cell mate Michelle in a week.

mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mfacek

[QUOTE="mfacek"]On xbox.com it says my warranty is up, w/e i figure it will just be a big wtf moment for the guy that scans the barcode and it says they recieved "Niles" (my bros) system already, and this is a totally diff. one.MyndFlyte

How is your warranty up? The 360 hasn't been out for 3 years yet. Therefore, you are still covered.

no clue, maybe Xbox.com hasn't been updated with the new warranty info?

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
just don't send anything back?
MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
[QUOTE="MyndFlyte"]

[QUOTE="mfacek"]On xbox.com it says my warranty is up, w/e i figure it will just be a big wtf moment for the guy that scans the barcode and it says they recieved "Niles" (my bros) system already, and this is a totally diff. one.mfacek

I would just call them then.

mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mfacek
[QUOTE="mfacek"][QUOTE="MyndFlyte"]

[QUOTE="mfacek"]On xbox.com it says my warranty is up, w/e i figure it will just be a big wtf moment for the guy that scans the barcode and it says they recieved "Niles" (my bros) system already, and this is a totally diff. one.MyndFlyte

I would just call them then.

My xbox is already packed, shipped, and on it's way to Texas with conflicting barcodes and information, basically I hope they think it's a mistake and just fix it.

Draconis77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Draconis77
Member since 2003 • 636 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's under warranty so everything should be alright. I'd just worry about them shipping yours back to the right place :)