Is the Elite better Than Basic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Hex_Of_A_Nation
Hex_Of_A_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Hex_Of_A_Nation
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts
Hey, i recently had my 360 basic break and i was wondering, does the elite have a better lifespan? Because this is my 4th xbox basic and im really fed up with sending it in every month.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
wow...you're just asking for it.
Hex_Of_A_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hex_Of_A_Nation
wow...you're just asking for it.Lobster_Ear
what do you mean?
-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts
Your topic title could be taken in an offensive way.
Hex_Of_A_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hex_Of_A_Nation
Your topic title could be taken in an offensive way.-Sphere-
oh, sorry. i didnt mean to. i changed it. im rly sry
Avatar image for DrummerDude1010
DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 DrummerDude1010
Member since 2007 • 891 Posts

Well, since we are in the 360 forum, i think everyone may have known what he meant.

Hex_Of_A_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hex_Of_A_Nation
ok, well its over now, can i have my question answered plaese?? :D
porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts

what was the original title?

and, well, no it does not have a better lifespan.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts

Well, since we are in the 360 forum, i think everyone may have known what he meant.

DrummerDude1010
Yes, but the last time I made a topic with a similar title, people were just snickering and being idiots.
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
if you are having to send it in so often then i would go ahead and buy a elite because i thinkthat they are supposed to have a longer life span. and what microsoft is giving to you are refurbished xbox's
Hex_Of_A_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hex_Of_A_Nation
if you are having to send it in so often then i would go ahead and buy a elite because i thinkthat they are supposed to have a longer life span. and what microsoft is giving to you are refurbished xbox'sdangerd0g24
ok, thankyou alot. But, how long?
Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Mikee3
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

lol the replies are racist not the topic.

anyways, no the elite will not break faster or slower than any other. however *NEW* 360s sold since the end of 07 have a smaller cpu inside (65 nm down from 90nm), and generate less heat. They also removed the X-Clamp, the main reason for RROD, with plain old screws holding the heatsink dow, as well as adding an ew heatsink and maybe even another heatpipe if memory serves me right. All these factors make the new 360s much less prone to overheating, and the failure rate of the 360s has so far been reported to be less than 10%.

Keep in mind that this only applies to new 360s sold from the stores. Refurbished 360s or those sent back from MS via warranty will most likely be older models. If your buying one look at the back of the box for a white label with 175w, Team: FDOU, and Lot: 0734 or greater, written on it - to make sure you are buying tyhe new 360s.

Avatar image for mastershake1337
mastershake1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 mastershake1337
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
The reason the original had problems is that on some of the solder joints there was not enough solder to handle the heat and the connection between the 2 components failed. I bought mine at launch and it lasted about half a year and The one I have now has lasted 2 years. The Black xbox should be better due to the fact that the graphics chip is a little bigger and it has a HDMI connection so it should have been made on a different production line or different process.
Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mikee3

[QUOTE="dangerd0g24"]if you are having to send it in so often then i would go ahead and buy a elite because i thinkthat they are supposed to have a longer life span. and what microsoft is giving to you are refurbished xbox'sHex_Of_A_Nation

bull shot. All 360s are the same the only difference with elite is that it has an hdmi cable, a 120gb HDD, and - wait for it - ITS BLACK ZOMGGGGG!!!!.....

Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mikee3

The reason the original had problems is that on some of the solder joints there was not enough solder to handle the heat and the connection between the 2 components failed. I bought mine at launch and it lasted about half a year and The one I have now has lasted 2 years. The Black xbox should be better due to the fact that the graphics chip is a little bigger and it has a HDMI connection so it should have been made on a different production line or different process.mastershake1337

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THIS NONSENEFROM??? First of all the gpu is not bigger. Second making a bigger gpu would only MAKE IT GENERATE MORE HEAT!!!. Also - ALL new 360s have hdmi in them. Do some research nesxt time.

Hex_Of_A_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hex_Of_A_Nation

lol the replies are racist not the topic.

anyways, no the elite will not break faster or slower than any other. however *NEW* 360s sold since the end of 07 have a smaller cpu inside (65 nm down from 90nm), and generate less heat. They also removed the X-Clamp, the main reason for RROD, with plain old screws holding the heatsink dow, as well as adding an ew heatsink and maybe even another heatpipe if memory serves me right. All these factors make the new 360s much less prone to overheating, and the failure rate of the 360s has so far been reported to be less than 10%.

Keep in mind that this only applies to new 360s sold from the stores. Refurbished 360s or those sent back from MS via warranty will most likely be older models. If your buying one look at the back of the box for a white label with 175w, Team: FDOU, and Lot: 0734 or greater, written on it - to make sure you are buying tyhe new 360s.

Mikee3
The reason the original had problems is that on some of the solder joints there was not enough solder to handle the heat and the connection between the 2 components failed. I bought mine at launch and it lasted about half a year and The one I have now has lasted 2 years. The Black xbox should be better due to the fact that the graphics chip is a little bigger and it has a HDMI connection so it should have been made on a different production line or different process.mastershake1337
wow, these are the best answers ive seen on the fourms in awhile. Thank you sooo much guys. You have know idea how much this has helped. When i get an elite, its because of yall :D ty
Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mikee3

DO NOT BUY THE ELITE IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY FOR GODS SAKES im just trying to help you, mastershake has no idea what hes talking about. read my above post.

The elites only differences are the HDMI CABLE, the 120 GB HDD (instead of regular 20GB), and THE BLACK COLOR.
Listen to yourself, do you relaly think Microsoft, or any company for that matter would amke you buy the more expensive variation of the same product because they made it more durable????? are you joking?

also i think you misread my firrst post i said the elite will not break faster OR SLOWER than any other 360 currently on the market. the insides of the elite are identical. I D E N T I C A L.

Hex_Of_A_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hex_Of_A_Nation
DO NOT BUY THE ELITE IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY FOR GODS SAKES im just trying to help you, mastershake has no idea what hes talking about. read my above post.

The elites only differences are the HDMI CABLE, the 120 GB HDD (instead of regular 20GB), and THE BLACK COLOR.
Listen to yourself, do you relaly think Microsoft, or any company for that matter would amke you buy the more expensive variation of the same product because they made it more durable????? are you joking?Mikee3
Chill, i just need more insight then, is there a site i can get the info from?
porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts

what was the original title?

the only reason i would buy elite is because of hte memory, and its black!

Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mikee3

google. Its generally known by most people who do some research that the elite console itself is identical to the other 2 consoles as of mid 2007.

if you want to know more about the falcon models, look over here: http://www.dailytech.com/The+Falcon+Has+Landed+65nm+CPUs+Appear+in+Xbox+360/article9100.htm

dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
Go for it.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#22 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Hex_Of_A_Nation"][QUOTE="dangerd0g24"]if you are having to send it in so often then i would go ahead and buy a elite because i thinkthat they are supposed to have a longer life span. and what microsoft is giving to you are refurbished xbox'sMikee3

bull shot. All 360s are the same the only difference with elite is that it has an hdmi cable, a 120gb HDD, and - wait for it - ITS BLACK ZOMGGGGG!!!!.....

Black is cool, the 120 gig hard drive is almost worth it in the sense that it's 150 anyways by itself

Only 100 dollars more though if you get it in the xbox
Hex_Of_A_Nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hex_Of_A_Nation
Well im getting it anyways, but is the only difference the color and HDD?
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
ok, well its over now, can i have my question answered plaese?? :DHex_Of_A_Nation
Same hardware just more hard drive and it has its bugs too...Tell us how you ran through 4 xbox's???
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#26 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

I think it should have more endurance since its black.

Also,a bigger bonus on gamer points stuff too.

map4000
Your not serious?