irresponsible Ads

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lord-azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 lord-azrael
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
With all the pressure on the games industry for violent games and encouraging kids to buy violent games,does anyone else think it abit irresponsible of most if not all game ads not being rated on marketplacee,you'll watch a trailer with blood spraying everywhere and then at end will say "product not yet rated" when it pretty obvious the game going to be a 15 at least,like games that are out and rated for PC yet when ported to 360 says the above message on the trailers.Now I love blood,gore and ultra violent games but have to say even I find it quite harsh having ads like this obviously aiming at kids to nag there parents,this is the sort of  thing fueling the war on violent games and I think the big corparations should be a little bit mature,especially considering the constant pressure the industry suffers.Opinions?
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
The industry is not encouraging children to purchase violent games....
BrokenJaws219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#3 BrokenJaws219
Member since 2005 • 990 Posts
If the family setting is right, I don't think kids can download any trailer that's rated M.
lord-azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 lord-azrael
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
If the family setting is right, I don't think kids can download any trailer that's rated M.BrokenJaws219

that my point,almost all come through as not yet rated,even FEAR and the first GOW
BrokenJaws219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 BrokenJaws219
Member since 2005 • 990 Posts
Well I don't have family setting so I don't know if it restricts any RP, but I do notice most of the RP are games that should be rated M without a second of hesitation but I guess as long as it's RP, the developers can get the game out to more audience and no matter what, there would still be kids playing M games.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
[QUOTE="BrokenJaws219"]If the family setting is right, I don't think kids can download any trailer that's rated M.lord-azrael

that my point,almost all come through as not yet rated,even FEAR and the first GOW

Um, I think the GAMES arnt rated and they physicly cant be till they are completed, but Im sure they rate the trailer before they put them up just like any game site that asks you for your age before you watch a trailer of a RP game that is obviously Mature.