I'm thinking about getting a 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branthanson72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 branthanson72
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Has your 360 ever broken down or do you have any other problems?
gamble61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gamble61
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts
mine is in texas getting repair.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Has your 360 ever broken down or do you have any other problems?branthanson72

I'm on my 5th console..

My first console worked...fine until I got angry and couldn't get past a certain area in Dead Rising...So I took a sledge hammer and built a shed.

I can't tell you that your 360 will last over a year without breaking. If I did I would be an idiot.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
Honestly unless you HAVE to play Halo 3 or MAss Effect, Id say skip the 360 and get a PS3. I am on my 4th XBOX 360 Premium since launch. I have had the "Red Rings of Death"twice and have had the disc reader stop reading games twice. Im on #5 right now and if this one goes, Im on my way to PS3ville!!!
SkaterM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SkaterM80
Member since 2006 • 825 Posts
i'm still on my first 360, so it hasn't had any problems yet, hopefully it will stay that way. if you get a 360 theres a good chancce it won't have any problems, there are so many more people that are still on their first than people who are on #2,3,4...
doctor_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 doctor_fury
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
Thankfully, I got my 360 last November and it has yet to give me any problems. (I haven't touched it in a few months, though....)
wobbyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wobbyld
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts
Yeah im on my first
chrissantos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chrissantos
Member since 2005 • 212 Posts
well, i have a warranty, and i'm on my second console since last may. i don't care if it breaks down like 23527589479 times... it's a great system, and i'll still keep going back to it.
psychosurfer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psychosurfer10
Member since 2005 • 784 Posts
im still on my first and it has been giving me no problems
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i'm on my 2nd 360
PlayLife_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PlayLife_2
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

My x360 is going to do 1 year old on 1st september and until now no probs at all.

jhockey9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 jhockey9
Member since 2004 • 496 Posts
Get the system that has the games you want to play for it. That's what its all about right?.....the games.
Spartanarmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spartanarmy
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
What the hell do you people do to your 360s! I've had my xbox for over a year and I haven't had any problems. I play it like 5 times a week for a few hours so its getting its workout. All my friends that play 360s regularly haven't had any problems with one exception but that was his nephew's fault
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Broken 360 thread number....ah hell I stopped counting long ago.
gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
I'm still on my launch console. I've had the 3 red ring of lights before and was able to fix the problem. Many of the people who send their consoles in because they got the red ring of death haven't done enough troubleshooting. When I called Microsoft about my problem they told memy consolewas defective and had to be sent in. However, afteranother hour I was able to figure out the REALproblem. Usually the problem is either the console is not plugged directly into the wall (which it should be), the console is not getting enough ventilation, or the power brick isn't getting enough ventilation. All I had to do was plug my console directly into the wall socket and take the power brick off the carpet. I haven't had any problems since.
zaman48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zaman48
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
still on my first, almost one year old now, but i'd advise getting the 2 year warranty, just so you dont have to worry
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#18 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
I'm on my first 360 and still I have no problems. Hopefully I won't have any problems later on.
pjhtiger44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pjhtiger44
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

Do some research. Look at the games that you are interested in. About the only exclusive xbox game i like is halo 3 and that was enough for me to get one. Take into account what tv you have (is it hd, does it have hdmi, so on so forth). Im currently po'ed at xbox bc im about to be on my FOURTH 360. the one right now broke on June 10 and they are just now getting a shipping box to me :evil:. I also got a ps3 and its working fine for me. heres what i like

benefits for 360

easy to use - menus, setup, startup menus and such

controllers fit your hand - the best sticks ive ever picked up

exclusive games such as halo 3, gears

xbox live

most of my friends have one

benefits for ps3

blu ray (which is mostly why i got it - i got my ps3 on ebay for a little bit more than an 360 hd dvd player)

the same games that im gonna play for xbox 360 - madden, ncaa football, gta iv, guitar hero 3

theres other stuff im sure but this stuff sticks out. if you can deal with the chance that your 360 probably break and youll be without one for an unbearable amount of time (no matter how long it is, its unbearable), by all means get it, it is awesome. oh yeah, they send you a refurb whenever you send you broken one in :evil:.

rez22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 rez22
Member since 2005 • 76 Posts

mine stopped working cause it wouldnt read disks, so my new one should arrive this week. itll be my 2nd.

but dont let that discourage you from buying one cause mine worked for a good long while and its a good system no matter what.

pjhtiger44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pjhtiger44
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

sorry about the long post above but i left one thing out.... if you get one

READ THE MANUAL. ITS WORTH DOING. TRUST ME.

EclipseStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EclipseStorm
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts

I'm still on my first xbox 360 and I've had mine since a month after it came out. I also play my 360 at least 5 times a week and each of those days is for hours on end. Just don't be stupid with your system and you probably won't have any problems.

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
I got mine last year, and its running perfectly, just make sure to take proper care of it (as you should with any uber-expensive piece of technological crap) and it should be fine. I got it because i liked the game selection for it, most notably Splinter Cell, Vegas, Oblivion, and Gears. Looking foward to Mass Effect and Bioshock.
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

I'm still on my launch console. I've had the 3 red ring of lights before and was able to fix the problem. Many of the people who send their consoles in because they got the red ring of death haven't done enough troubleshooting. When I called Microsoft about my problem they told memy consolewas defective and had to be sent in. However, afteranother hour I was able to figure out the REALproblem. Usually the problem is either the console is not plugged directly into the wall (which it should be), the console is not getting enough ventilation, or the power brick isn't getting enough ventilation. All I had to do was plug my console directly into the wall socket and take the power brick off the carpet. I haven't had any problems since.gruoch1

I don't think we wants to go through all that trouble of figuring out like you did. But great for you.

Anyway, I thought consoles are for gaming and notfor troubleshooting.

marcod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#25 marcod1
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
You play too much