IGN doesn't like Halo 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Halo3FTW1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Halo3FTW1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
IGN Xbox360 editors say Halo 3 is not impressive. I just read their thoughts on the game in the podcast...

Damn that sucks i was gonna get Xbox360 but i duno anymore. Because I always rely no IGN for their reviews, they got the best. And usually when they say something, they are right.

They didn't like Halo 3, they say it's graphics and gameplay were the same as Halo 2. Maybe it won't be as good as everyone thought it would be?

Does this news make u rethink halo 3? It sure does make me less hyped about it.
kramerica1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kramerica1515
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
We'll just have to see.  You can never tell much about a game until it comes out and is reviewed IMO.  I'll probably get it, unless it bombs, which is very unlikely.
bobderwood97_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 bobderwood97_1
Member since 2003 • 964 Posts
You can't spell ignorant without IGN.
Caveman626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Caveman626
Member since 2004 • 542 Posts

Thats not what IGN.com says... Taken from: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/803/803489p2.html

"With that, our all-too-brief Halo 3 single-player demo ended, and the lights were brought up. Nearly everyone in attendance agreed that this was the footage that Microsoft should have closed the press conference with, as it surely would have impressed just about everyone in attendance. The game is definitely shaping up nicely, and the single-player campaign looks much better than the multiplayer. We'll be bringing you more information on Halo 3 later this afternoon, as we'll be checking out some different elements during our E3 meeting with Microsoft."

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
the graphics the same as halo 2? hahaha
the gameplay the same? no duh
phantomcowdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 phantomcowdung
Member since 2005 • 374 Posts

You can't spell ignorant without IGN.bobderwood97_1

lmao!!! I don't really have anything against them, but that is pretty funny!!

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#7 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
Who cares if IGN says they didnt like it. IF you want a game then no one (especially a web-site) should persuade you differently.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts

Thats not what IGN.com says... Taken from: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/803/803489p2.html

"With that, our all-too-brief Halo 3 single-player demo ended, and the lights were brought up. Nearly everyone in attendance agreed that this was the footage that Microsoft should have closed the press conference with, as it surely would have impressed just about everyone in attendance. The game is definitely shaping up nicely, and the single-player campaign looks much better than the multiplayer. We'll be bringing you more information on Halo 3 later this afternoon, as we'll be checking out some different elements during our E3 meeting with Microsoft."

Caveman626

Sounds like they hate it... :roll:

Oni_Ryu67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Oni_Ryu67
Member since 2006 • 342 Posts

LOL

Caveman626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Caveman626
Member since 2004 • 542 Posts
[QUOTE="Caveman626"]

Ghost_Warrior

Sounds like they hate it??? Quote:

"Nearly everyone in attendance agreed that this was the footage that Microsoft should have closed the press conference with, as it surely would have impressed just about everyone in attendance. The game is definitely shaping up nicely, and the single-player campaign looks much better than the multiplayer."

Seram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Seram
Member since 2005 • 2250 Posts
Dude I don't even care for what this topic is about or what the argument is about or whatever, i just came here to say that that was pretty freaking funny.
Seram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Seram
Member since 2005 • 2250 Posts
[QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"][QUOTE="Caveman626"]

Caveman626

"Nearly everyone in attendance agreed that this was the footage that Microsoft should have closed the press conference with, as it surely would have impressed just about everyone in attendance. The game is definitely shaping up nicely, and the single-player campaign looks much better than the multiplayer."

BTW dude, its called SARCASM
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts
[QUOTE="Caveman626"][QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"][QUOTE="Caveman626"]

Seram

Seriously, I even put in the rolling eyes. I was merely responding to the topic creator.

cwagmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cwagmire
Member since 2003 • 3398 Posts

Graphics shouldn't be the main concern. Gameplay is what matters and I feel that Halo 2 didn't have much more to it from 1, H2 felt like a Halo 1.5. I feel that Halo 3 will just be another upgrade. I never felt that Halo brought anything to to the table for a FPS but it always carried a great fanbase that allowed it to be a valuable game since there are always plenty of games. I'm not expecting much for Halo 3.

But then at least I won't be disappointed with its result.

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
it in no way effect my desicion about buying halo3..who cares what IGN thinks...its all about he person and what they like and i think halo3 looks amazing and its fun because i played the beta and i know im going to have alot of fun with it.
Koinuboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Koinuboy
Member since 2004 • 3447 Posts
Well while Halo 3 does make me feel good, it doesn't make me feel great.
rulo_rezn0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 rulo_rezn0r
Member since 2006 • 1351 Posts
lmao
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hachiman128
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts

[QUOTE="bobderwood97_1"]You can't spell ignorant without IGN.Seram
Dude I don't even care for what this topic is about or what the argument is about or whatever, i just came here to say that that was pretty freaking funny.

Owned lol.

Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
Yea just let one website run your life...
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
You aren't sure if you're going to buy the game but your name is "Halo3FTW!" and your avatar is Master Chief? I suggest you make a new account.
pancho76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pancho76
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

Who cares if IGN says they didnt like it. IF you want a game then no one (especially a web-site) should persuade you differently.skinny_man_69

yeah but you are ignoring the fact that he says that most of the time he agrees with their opinion. Games he likes, they like, games he doesnt like, they tend to bash. So if they say they dont like Halo 3, he has a history of being in accordance with their reviews which would naturally make him think twice about buying the game.

Of course he should try it out to form his own opinion. But sometimes you DO have to listen to reviewers, especially since games go for $60 each this generation. If you bought every game you thought looked cool you would be somewhat disapointed half of the time. Before I buy any game i check out the reviews from all major sites. I look and see what their reviews have in common and i compare their reasons for liking or disliking a game. So far, I have not regretted paying $60 for any game this generation (for me, about 16 months).

But I really hope Halo 3 can live up to all this hype. If you think about it, all the hype comes from the awesomeness of Halo CE...that game was groundbreaking in so many respects. Halo 2 disapointed some gamers, but it also had massive hype thanks to Halo CE. Im afraid it might be the same sitaution here. When I think of Halo I think of CE....not Halo 2. Halo 2 was cool but really how much better can Halo 3 be than Halo 2? Its all based on the same formula from Halo CE. I dont know...I Reallyhope this game shines because it would be a pitty if it didnt.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
he is a fakeboy from system wars. he made this thread there as well. just though id let u all know.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

Caveman626

ya i dunno where the topic creator is getting his info from caus this is the same thing i read on IGN word for word.^

Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
[QUOTE="Caveman626"]

wreak

ya i dunno where the topic creator is getting his info from caus this is the same thing i read on IGN word for word.^

that article wasnt by an IGN editor, at the top of the article it says its by will tuttle from teamxbox, and in the italics after the article it says thanks to teamxbox for letting the use the article or somethin. so thats not what IGN thinks, its from teamxbox

batosaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 batosaims
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
well ign gave halo 2 a 9.8 out of ten so im guessing halo 3 will probaly get at least the same
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
Oh, nothing really counts until you've ACTUALLY played the demo of that game. Trust me.

Pictures worth a thousand words? Oh yeah thats so ***ing bull*** when there's the OMG Photoshop!
karnis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 karnis
Member since 2004 • 1825 Posts
in my opinion halo 3 looks good i'll enjoy it but it could of been better you know killzone 2looks way better than halo 3.
Torous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Torous
Member since 2004 • 915 Posts
[QUOTE="Seram"][QUOTE="Caveman626"][QUOTE="Ghost_Warrior"][QUOTE="Caveman626"]

Ghost_Warrior

Seriously, I even put in the rolling eyes. I was merely responding to the topic creator.

Seriously, WE ALL (exept Ghost_warri) got it...LMAO when he responded you...
bloodsek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bloodsek
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
You may of not been around the gameing community that long or you have but not of notice as much as other people have. But you will learn that not every website is reliable(IGN,GAMESPOT). I dont like IGN because they complain about every little stupid thing sometimes, and like gamespot review games based on a demos and have some one write a something about a game but yet the guy that wrights has never played that game or know nothing about. It makes them look stupid. You cant forget about that fat ass guy that thinks what he thinks is the way everyone should think.
GimpYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 GimpYou
Member since 2003 • 87 Posts
who cares? i don't and neither should yall. Im certainly not a halo fanboy but I played the beta and it was fun...and for me that's all that matters. I don't care what any review says. Its the end of a great series of games; even if the game "plays the same" the story will be great, and the multiplayer is fun. and I emphasize the previous period!
BrokenJaws219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#31 BrokenJaws219
Member since 2005 • 990 Posts

It always seems to me that IGN favours Sony's PS3 more.

Just a feeling from the reviews, previews and everything, you can tell if you read and visit their website a lot.

GimpYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GimpYou
Member since 2003 • 87 Posts
and btw... (to karnis)...once again Im not a fanboy... Killzone 2 looks (not graphically but mechanically) just as mediocre as the first, which was a failure. The only reason the first game got attention is because playstation-only FPSs are terrible, generally speaking, and it had potential.
karnis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 karnis
Member since 2004 • 1825 Posts
and btw... (to karnis)...once again Im not a fanboy... Killzone 2 looks (not graphically but mechanically) just as mediocre as the first, which was a failure. The only reason the first game got attention is because playstation-only FPSs are terrible, generally speaking, and it had potential.GimpYou
oh come it looks good
mkmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mkmage
Member since 2004 • 81 Posts
oh, ign does not like halo 3 lol. wow, probably cause they, like everyone else have already had a taste of halo 3. its hard to impress people that have already been impressed before and want more later on.
cupNoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cupNoodles
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

QFT

jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
IGN is full of crap.
adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts
ign.....are.....cows. well not really
-Rivfader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Rivfader-
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

QFT

That is where this thread should end.

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

lol :P nah, but IGN's reviews are good.

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts

IGNorant. So funny. harharhar. how is that funny? I didn't even smile :( not to say it isn't true.

enni ways. Halo3 will be fun; I'll get it; I'll have fun.. I'll bother people on XBL, maybe meet someone cool

it's the community friendly system that makes Halo2 so great, and Halo3 be dat way too!

Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
I am actually not that big of a halo fan. I liked the last two games, but I wasn't really in awe of them or anything. From the most recent stuff I have seen on halo 3 I am fairly excited. From the videos that I have seen the game is going to be better then I was expecting it to be.
Shadez_is_back

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shadez_is_back
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
I stopped listening to IGN after their Darkness review
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Since I don't let other people tell me how to think, I don't listen to what they say
adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

Who cares if IGN says they didnt like it. IF you want a game then no one (especially a web-site) should persuade you differently.skinny_man_69

besides talking about Hour Of Victory.... then listen to GS or what other reviews are up about it