if you are not getting grand theft auto iv

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts

just want to see how many people aren't getting gta iv and why

Avatar image for Fenrir_DarkWolf
Fenrir_DarkWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fenrir_DarkWolf
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts
Me. Renting it. It's sandbox, I'll play it for a few hours and get bored, there isn't much of a plot, so not much for me to get excited about. I may consider purchasing a PC version if it comes out. Mods pwn!!
Dr_Zeduto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dr_Zeduto
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

Me. Renting it. It's sandbox, I'll play it for a few hours and get bored, there isn't much of a plot, so not much for me to get excited about. I may consider purchasing a PC version if it comes out. Mods pwn!!Fenrir_DarkWolf

Isn't much of a plot? GTA games usually have great story-lines filled with tons of humor and references to classic gangster movies.

darkplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 darkplayer
Member since 2003 • 13318 Posts

Me. Renting it. It's sandbox, I'll play it for a few hours and get bored, there isn't much of a plot, so not much for me to get excited about. I may consider purchasing a PC version if it comes out. Mods pwn!!Fenrir_DarkWolf

It has nearly unlimited replay value and it also has great multiplayer modes.

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
euphoria + cars = endless hours of entertainment
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts
Unless the formula has changed a lot, I doubt I will. I had my kicks and giggles with GTA III
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i'm not gettin it, i like it and i trust i will go back n play the single n the multi if i buy it, but just not really interested in the game, but mayb in the future lol cuz my cousins gettin it, n he might annoy me into it... lol
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I like the GTA games on the Playstation better, so I'll pick it up for that when I get one. I'd rather just fully enjoy it without the achievements because imo they make you rush the game just to get a few points.
SixFt12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SixFt12
Member since 2003 • 28 Posts

Not much of a plot?!!! Are you kidding? You can't be serious unless all you did was sandbox instead of actually completing the missions. GTA games have the best stories ever!

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I agree, sounds like fenrir hasn't played an entire GTA game through.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

this game will be so fun with multiplayer

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

I like the GTA games on the Playstation better, so I'll pick it up for that when I get one. I'd rather just fully enjoy it without the achievements because imo they make you rush the game just to get a few points.Strife88

You do now the PS3 version will make use of achievements aswell, they are called rip-off achievements but they work in the same way. And what makes the PS3 version better? I know a lot of 360 fanboys have 100 quotes from developers about why the 360 version is better and 90% of all previews agree, but that means nothing I know. For me it's the 360 controller that is going to make it a lot more enjoyable, old GTA games were build for the PS3 controls and didnt use both thumbsticks because they just hurt your hands on the PS2. But GTA4 will use both, so what's your reason to get the PS3 version if you own a 360 (exclusive DLC anyone?)

jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
I will get it, but not until after school is over.
danzoid_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 danzoid_101
Member since 2005 • 1592 Posts

[QUOTE="Strife88"]I like the GTA games on the Playstation better, so I'll pick it up for that when I get one. I'd rather just fully enjoy it without the achievements because imo they make you rush the game just to get a few points.ronnet

You do now the PS3 version will make use of achievements aswell, they are called rip-off achievements but they work in the same way. And what makes the PS3 version better? I know a lot of 360 fanboys have 100 quotes from developers about why the 360 version is better and 90% of all previews agree, but that means nothing I know. For me it's the 360 controller that is going to make it a lot more enjoyable, old GTA games were build for the PS3 controls and didnt use both thumbsticks because they just hurt your hands on the PS2. But GTA4 will use both, so what's your reason to get the PS3 version if you own a 360 (exclusive DLC anyone?)

Acomplishments *shivers* I mean come on sony get something original

ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
i might get it... i haven't owned s gta game since the first one on pc
Nuke-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nuke-13
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
I will not be getting it... I never really got into the theme. I am not a huge fan of ganster/mobster movies. No denying that it will be quite the game for fans of the genre and series, so have a blast when its released.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Fenrir_DarkWolf"]Me. Renting it. It's sandbox, I'll play it for a few hours and get bored, there isn't much of a plot, so not much for me to get excited about. I may consider purchasing a PC version if it comes out. Mods pwn!!Dr_Zeduto

Isn't much of a plot? GTA games usually have great story-lines filled with tons of humor and references to classic gangster movies.

GTA has the most detailed and entertaining plots in any game ever made.
seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 seabiscuit8686
Member since 2005 • 2862 Posts
I'm not. I grew up that is why. I am no longer interested in Russian Gangsters picking up whores, killing random people on the street and stealing cars. I never really liked the other versions though (got old fast). On top of that, the story lines are always really lame.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I'm not. I grew up that is why. I am no longer interested in Russian Gangsters picking up whores, killing random people on the street and stealing cars. I never really liked the other versions though (got old fast). On top of that, the story lines are always really lame.seabiscuit8686
Oh please, you obviously never played a GTA game

You never pick up prostitutes and kill random people for the real game or storyline. It's a choice to do that, all up to the player.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I will not be getting it... I never really got into the theme. I am not a huge fan of ganster/mobster movies. No denying that it will be quite the game for fans of the genre and series, so have a blast when its released.Nuke-13

I didnt really like GTA Vice City. I'm not a big fan of sandbox games, although as a kid back in the days, I always thought I would. I'll get GTA 4 because I trust it'll be different. It's next-gen and they added some new things. I just have a feeling I'll enjoy it this time around. But I haven't been hyped up at all for this game. If it comes out, it comes out, if not, I wouldn't even realize it.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
I preordered it back in february:) cant wait
Avatar image for bluntmastaslaya
bluntmastaslaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bluntmastaslaya
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts

i might get it... i haven't owned s gta game since the first one on pcibanezdropd

wooooow. thats along time ago.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

It has a very deep plot, especially in this one. The missions wont be nearly as repetitive. You crazy.

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
I'm just not all that excited. Maybe I've grown past it, maybe San Andreas was just boring to the point of damaging the good name of GTA. At least I understand why GTA4 is popular, unlike other AAA titles (Halo and Gears, looking at you).
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
No way will I buy it because I'm not into games with no stories where all you do is roam the streets shooting and running over people with cars, but if I hear good things I might rent it, although I heard good things about san andreas too and that turned out to be a big mistake.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 julianwelton

[QUOTE="Fenrir_DarkWolf"]Me. Renting it. It's sandbox, I'll play it for a few hours and get bored, there isn't much of a plot, so not much for me to get excited about. I may consider purchasing a PC version if it comes out. Mods pwn!!SouL-Tak3R

It has a very deep plot, especially in this one. The missions wont be nearly as repetitive. You crazy.

Uh, not one GTA game has had anything remotely resembling a sensible plot, but I cant speak for this one yet, but I'd say with the others being so lacking in most areas theres a good chance that this one probably will be too.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 julianwelton

I'm just not all that excited. Maybe I've grown past it, maybe San Andreas was just boring to the point of damaging the good name of GTA. At least I understand why GTA4 is popular, unlike other AAA titles (Halo and Gears, looking at you).blue_tape

I understand why its popular too its popular because dumb kids and psychos like to run around killing inocent by standers and they think its fun.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I understand why its popular too its popular because dumb kids and psychos like to run around killing inocent by standers and they think its fun.

[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

[QUOTE="Fenrir_DarkWolf"]Me. Renting it. It's sandbox, I'll play it for a few hours and get bored, there isn't much of a plot, so not much for me to get excited about. I may consider purchasing a PC version if it comes out. Mods pwn!!julianwelton

Uh, not one GTA game has had anything remotely resembling a sensible plot, but I cant speak for this one yet, but I'd say with the others being so lacking in most areas theres a good chance that this one probably will be too.

Have you even played any of the games?

It is fun to drive around and stuff and the storyline is actually pretty good and funny.

Try it out and get far into it.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 julianwelton

SouL-Tak3R
[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

[QUOTE="Fenrir_DarkWolf"]Me. Renting it. It's sandbox, I'll play it for a few hours and get bored, there isn't much of a plot, so not much for me to get excited about. I may consider purchasing a PC version if it comes out. Mods pwn!!julianwelton

Have you even played any of the games?

It is fun to drive around and stuff and the storyline is actually pretty good and funny.

Try it out and get far into it.

Yes I've played and finished all of them only because after a while I end up renting them, and yet I still realize how lame they are no story, crappy graphics, and horrible gameplay. There has yet to be a good free roam game released on a console that I know of (excluding some RPGs that might be considered part free roam), and thats a shame because Free Roam has potential it just has used it yet.

callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
I never really liked GTA type games. I have a desire to kill people, but not as a thug.
FearNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FearNinja
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts
GTA IV for me is a rent at the very most. I am just not a fan of the series.
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts
Me. I wont be getting it as I've never liked a GTA Game since the original 2d one. No doubt I'll get bored of it after a couple of hours and end up trading it in like I have since GTA 3 onwards. Just not my type of game.
george_hopkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 george_hopkins
Member since 2005 • 1397 Posts
i am definitely buying it because GTA San Andreas was one of the most long lasting and fun games i have ever had. Whilst the graphics were nothing special, the gameplay and storyline were absolutely excellent. I also thorougly enjoyed vice city and GTA 3. All the people saying the storylines are non existant obviously haven't played through a GTA game. All the people who don't like it are CRAZY!!! (j/k)
seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 seabiscuit8686
Member since 2005 • 2862 Posts

[QUOTE="seabiscuit8686"]I'm not. I grew up that is why. I am no longer interested in Russian Gangsters picking up whores, killing random people on the street and stealing cars. I never really liked the other versions though (got old fast). On top of that, the story lines are always really lame.Toriko42
Oh please, you obviously never played a GTA game

You never pick up prostitutes and kill random people for the real game or storyline. It's a choice to do that, all up to the player.

Ha, I did play all the real games and DIDN'T play much of the story line (as I said, repetative and boring). I spent my time driving around, stealing cars, killing people and raping police

anubis9109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anubis9109
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts
I'm not sure. Unless it's very different from SA, I probably won't. I would end up spending so much time on it, missing out on other games while playing an updated version. I'm sure it will be great, but until I read the reviews nothing's set in stone yet.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

yes i am getting it, wow at people saying there is not story line. there is a story line gta 3 u get back at ur girl friend who works with the cuban gang who r ur enimies, vice city is about scare face movie ur friend betrays u u find him back, gta san andreas is about gang members killing ur mom u move back to libary city...

i would say its a awsome story line then most games.

Dion2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dion2k7
Member since 2007 • 1353 Posts
what's not to like about this game its a must own great stories, big exploration of cities, guns, cars, lots of people, legal (meaning you can do on game and not affect your life) endless violence basically all that adds up for endless amount of fun.
cristaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cristaph
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
i think it will be to serious gta 3 was great cos it was just so random and funny you could eat yourself fat then be sick. shoot random people then fly away on a jet pack without consequences
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts
I'm not getting it. GTA games just never appealed to me.
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts
I'm not getting it. I was never really into the GTA series. I bought Vice City and San Andreas, played a few missions, got distracted by just stealing cars, killing people, and causing mayhem, and then I stopped playing.
sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts
I am not getting it for the same reason that I traded in Halo 3...the game jsut doesn't appeal to me. I bought into the hype back when GTA3 came out and figured it would be a cool game to play. After a while I just at thee and thought when will I start having a fun time playing. Unfortunately it never happened and I traded it in. I realized at that point that the GTA franchise just isn't something that appeals to me and isn't the kind of game I prefer to play.
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts

i think he was trying to make an april fools joke when he said no plot??? lol gta games have some of the best story lines ive played.

homie13_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 homie13_9
Member since 2006 • 348 Posts
totally buying it!!!! alredy pre ordered it!!!! cant wait!!!
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 julianwelton

yes i am getting it, wow at people saying there is not story line. there is a story line gta 3 u get back at ur girl friend who works with the cuban gang who r ur enimies, vice city is about scare face movie ur friend betrays u u find him back, gta san andreas is about gang members killing ur mom u move back to libary city...

i would say its a awsome story line then most games.

iam2green

Nobodys saying they don't try we're just saying that they are so beyond stupid and lame that they cant be considered a plot.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 julianwelton

[QUOTE="Fenrir_DarkWolf"]Me. Renting it. It's sandbox, I'll play it for a few hours and get bored, there isn't much of a plot, so not much for me to get excited about. I may consider purchasing a PC version if it comes out. Mods pwn!!ag3ntz3rox0x

i think he was trying to make an april fools joke when he said no plot??? lol gta games have some of the best story lines ive played.

So what your saying is you've never played any other game outside the GTA series?

P.S. Try to sense the oh so subtle sarcasm.

bluntiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bluntiss
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts

I like the GTA games on the Playstation better, so I'll pick it up for that when I get one. I'd rather just fully enjoy it without the achievements because imo they make you rush the game just to get a few points.Strife88

Ya I guess you don't like additional content and features only for the 360. I used to prefer it on the ps but I don't like the controller and can't trust the online with ps3

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_tape"]I'm just not all that excited. Maybe I've grown past it, maybe San Andreas was just boring to the point of damaging the good name of GTA. At least I understand why GTA4 is popular, unlike other AAA titles (Halo and Gears, looking at you).julianwelton

Uh FPS have you kill people all the time. Uh oh gotta kill digital bad people! It's called it's fun just a game so what games have you killed people in? You're saying it's crazy to kill "innonect" people when they aren't real. So do you only kill those bad fake people?

hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts

If you think these games had good storylines, you have apparently never opened a book in your life. They have fun gameplay but the storyline is horrible. Vice city is the only one that even tries at a storyline.

ARO1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ARO1993
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts

gta never gets old

when i found out the new one was comin out i went back and played the old ones all over again and theyre still sick