I need help plz !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MapleSyrupPower
MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MapleSyrupPower
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hello you all !

I just bought a Wii and i didnt like it cauz the friend list system sucks and all the games online aswell so im thinking about getting me a 360 but i don't know which bundle should i buy ?

I just wanna play online and i care least about the head set and all the extra stuff.

I was wondering if i need to pay to play online also with a membership ? silver/gold if not what is the difference between them?

I just want a xbox360 who can get online and with a controller, the rest i don't really care.

And what about the net i mean is it Wi-Fi (like the crappy USB key of Nintendo) or with a Cable ?

Well thanks in advance !

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Live is $60 a year, and you'll need a HDD to play.
MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MapleSyrupPower

Live is $60 a year, and you'll need a HDD to play.Legendaryscmt

So it mean i can't go online cauz i have a normal TV ?

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

no you do not need HD to go online BUT you your going to get schooled without a fast response HDTV

MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MapleSyrupPower

no you do not need HD to go online BUT you your going to get schooled without a fast response HDTV

lge777

schooled ? Im french sorry, i will lag you mean?

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lge777
players with a fast response HDTV will have a powerful edge over you and in games like CoD4 will see and kill you before you even know they are there...but there are alot of online games that a standard tv will work fine with like all the sports games
MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MapleSyrupPower

players with a fast response HDTV will have a powerful edge over you and in games like CoD4 will see and kill you before you even know they are there...but there are alot of online games that a standard tv will work fine with like all the sports gameslge777

Oh i see so GTA 4 is out of question for me ? It's a shame though.

But will i be ok if i buy the arcade bundle and play online with a gold card ? Or i need other accessories ?

vw-jess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vw-jess
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I bought my bundle recently and it is a god send, it comes with everything you need to start off: three games, live accessories. It came really quickly. I recomend it, here is the link http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5536700/Xbox-360-Premium-Console-+-Forza-Motorsport-2-+-Viva-Pinata-+-The-Golden-Compass/Product.html
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lge777

[QUOTE="lge777"]players with a fast response HDTV will have a powerful edge over you and in games like CoD4 will see and kill you before you even know they are there...but there are alot of online games that a standard tv will work fine with like all the sports gamesMapleSyrupPower

Oh i see so GTA 4 is out of question for me ? It's a shame though.

But will i be ok if i buy the arcade bundle and play online with a gold card ? Or i need other accessories ?

GTA4 is a outstanding single player game and a bad online game and will work fine as a sinlge player game on the STV ..good online play is CoD4,Halo3 FPS type of games good thing about XBL is all the great Download like Demo's and XBLA makeing it worth buying

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

Xbox live costs approximately $7 a month. You will need an HDD as previously stated. An HDD is the hard drive that sits on top of your console. The Xbox 360 Elite which costs $450 comes with a 120gb hard drive. The $350 Xbox 360 Premium comes with a 20gb hard drive. The 20gb hard drive that comes with the Premium Xbox 360 will be plenty for you. You can use it for all of your game saves and have plenty room to download demos and maybe a couple arcade games. If you plan to download more than a couple of arcade games then consider buying the Xbox 360 Elite.

As for connecting to xbox live, you will need either a direct connection or a router. For direct connection you just need to take the ethernet cable from your modem and plug it into the ethernet port on the back of the 360 and you'll be good to go. You could also use a router to connect your 360 to xbox live if you also want to have access to the internet via another device (such as computer). If you have a router already, just use another ethernet cable to hook into the ethernet port in the 360 and in an open slot on the router. If you're router is a wireless router, you can buy a 360 Wireless Network Adapter which costs approximately $100. This attaches to the back of your 360 and plugs into the back usb port. It is easy to set up and automatically detects wireless routers in the area.

Now for TV's. You don't need an HDTV to play online or to experience super fast response. HDTV's mostly only produces a better quality picture. The difference between an HDTV and a standard tv (in terms of picture quality) is significant but shouldn't alter your ability to enjoy games.

sullivan352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sullivan352
Member since 2008 • 501 Posts
get the Premium package. it was perfect because it came with everything you needed to get set up. and a normal tv works just fine, thats what i use.
MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MapleSyrupPower

Wow guys thanks so much for all the info !

I didnt know GTA4 was bad online, o well, anyway i will reconsider going online till i get a better tv someday cauz i want to see all the beauty that machine can give to me.

Anyway the bundle arcade means it's the offline bundle if we can called it like that ?

Do i really need a hard disk ? I mean i won't download nothing only playing offline coop or a FPS online or i really do need one no matter what ?

As for the ethernet port, can i just take my internet cable and plug it in my xbox simply?

MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MapleSyrupPower

get the Premium package. it was perfect because it came with everything you needed to get set up. and a normal tv works just fine, thats what i use.sullivan352

I don't want to say im cheap but this is a little too much money this packtage, i rather stick to the arcade or the other one packtage but can i buy a hard disk single to go online (if i have buyed the arcade bundle) ?

Avatar image for whichonespink73
whichonespink73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whichonespink73
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

Now for TV's. You don't need an HDTV to play online or to experience super fast response. HDTV's mostly only produces a better quality picture. The difference between an HDTV and a standard tv (in terms of picture quality) is significant but shouldn't alter your ability to enjoy games.

Ghost_702

Yea i have a standard TV and i've had no problems playing games on XBL. All an HDTV does is produce a better picture, not give you a huge advantage when playing games.

vw-jess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vw-jess

[QUOTE="sullivan352"]get the Premium package. it was perfect because it came with everything you needed to get set up. and a normal tv works just fine, thats what i use.MapleSyrupPower

I don't want to say im cheap but this is a little too much money this packtage, i rather stick to the arcade or the other one packtage but can i buy a hard disk single to go online (if i have buyed the arcade bundle) ?

You dont sound cheap, if you get the arcade you will need to buy a Hard Drive for your arcade console, i would buy the package that i suggested earlier as it is a great deal and comes with a hard drive and all you need to become live. I would not suggest buying the arcade bundle.

russian4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 russian4life
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
Live is $60 a year, and you'll need a HDD to play.Legendaryscmt
It is not 60 dollars a year, it is 50
russian4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 russian4life
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
The difference between silver and gold is: Silver, it is free but you only have access to the xbox live marketplace. Gold, it is 50 dollars a year, and you have access to both the market place and online content available for games.
vw-jess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vw-jess

Is anybody on this site from England? Lol, each thread i read whenever money is mentioned it is always in dollers not pounds lol.

zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts

lge777
No, he said HDD, which is the hard drive, not an HDTV.
wildcat37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wildcat37
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
If all you care about is getting online and not so much downloading content, the arcade bundle can do that, and yes you will need an xbox live paid membership for playing online, but you get a month free when you create a new gamertag, after that they sell 12 month Live cards for 50 bucks, also it does not have built in wi-fi so you will need to hook it up to a modem or whatever, or you could buy the wireless adapter if you have wireless internet like i did
wildcat37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wildcat37
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

lge777

I play on a standard tv and do fine, im a colonel in halo so hdtv probably doesn't make you better

grf7291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 grf7291
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts

what you need to go online and play against people is: xbox 360 console, hard drive (20gb or 120gb), gold membership ($50 dollars per year, not sure how many pounds), and a broadband internet connection (DSL or cable)

its up to you to decide which games you want to play, Halo 3 is a great way to start off

so u can connect the ethernet cable from your modem to the back of your 360 or you can run the cable to a router and use a wireless or wired connection so you can keep the connection on your computer. if you want to go wireless then you need a wireless adapter for the 360 which is about $100, $90 at Walmart :)

i hope this is the info you're looking for

and by the way, any tv will work for the 360 and a HDTV will only give you better picture quality NOT an adavantage in killing people online

xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
players with a fast response HDTV will have a powerful edge over you and in games like CoD4 will see and kill you before you even know they are there...but there are alot of online games that a standard tv will work fine with like all the sports gameslge777
Well I'm rockin a 10 year old SD tv and i "school" people on COD4 all the time. And he didn't mean a HD tv by "HDD" He meant a hard drive for the console and one is required for on-line play.
MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MapleSyrupPower

If all you care about is getting online and not so much downloading content, the arcade bundle can do that, and yes you will need an xbox live paid membership for playing online, but you get a month free when you create a new gamertag, after that they sell 12 month Live cards for 50 bucks, also it does not have built in wi-fi so you will need to hook it up to a modem or whatever, or you could buy the wireless adapter if you have wireless internet like i didwildcat37

Are you sure about the Arcade bundle can go online ?

I don't wanna download some demo: if i want a game im gonna just buy one.

But can i buy later on a hard drive 120gigs later on ? (individual)

iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
Buy the arcade bundle your tv is perfectly fine and you need gold for online thats about it
grf7291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 grf7291

[QUOTE="wildcat37"]If all you care about is getting online and not so much downloading content, the arcade bundle can do that, and yes you will need an xbox live paid membership for playing online, but you get a month free when you create a new gamertag, after that they sell 12 month Live cards for 50 bucks, also it does not have built in wi-fi so you will need to hook it up to a modem or whatever, or you could buy the wireless adapter if you have wireless internet like i didMapleSyrupPower

yea u can buy the 120gig hard drive separatley later on but remember if you want to go online you need a hard drive

str8_messy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 str8_messy
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

lge777

wtf? where the hell is the logic in that statement?

i play on a regular tv, and i wreck faces on halo, gears etc.

fast response hdtv? that doesnt even make sense. the only thing that is fast response is ur connection.

Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]Live is $60 a year, and you'll need a HDD to play.MapleSyrupPower

So it mean i can't go online cauz i have a normal TV ?

He said HDD, its a harddrive. Also gold is 60 bucks a year, silver is free but you can play nearly no games online with it.

MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MapleSyrupPower
[QUOTE="MapleSyrupPower"]

[QUOTE="wildcat37"]If all you care about is getting online and not so much downloading content, the arcade bundle can do that, and yes you will need an xbox live paid membership for playing online, but you get a month free when you create a new gamertag, after that they sell 12 month Live cards for 50 bucks, also it does not have built in wi-fi so you will need to hook it up to a modem or whatever, or you could buy the wireless adapter if you have wireless internet like i didgrf7291

yea u can buy the 120gig hard drive separatley later on but remember if you want to go online you need a hard drive

MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MapleSyrupPower

Im confused now...

people say i can go online without the hard drive and some say i can't go online without it... who is right and who is not right?

Please just tell me if you got a arcade bundle and you CAN go online without the hard drive or NOT, becauz i don't understand anymore...

grf7291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 grf7291

ok sry for the confusion...you can go online with the arcade but only have a silver membership WITHOUT the hard drive (im pretty sure thats right)

if want to play against ppl online you need gold membership (about $50 a year) AND you need a hard drive (20gb or 120gb), 20gb should be plenty for u

any other questions?

MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MapleSyrupPower

ok sry for the confusion...you can go online with the arcade but only have a silver membership WITHOUT the hard drive (im pretty sure thats right)

if want to play against ppl online you need gold membership (about $50 a year) AND you need a hard drive (20gb or 120gb), 20gb should be plenty for u

any other questions?

grf7291

Sweet thats all i wanna know.

Yeah i got a last question: how much the 20gb hard drive if i buy it separatly later on ? I mean does i win with the second bundle or i will lose money if i buy the arcade bundle and the 20gb drive later on ?

MapleSyrupPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MapleSyrupPower

get the Premium package. it was perfect because it came with everything you needed to get set up. and a normal tv works just fine, thats what i use.sullivan352

Yea i think i'll get this version so far and it got a nice racing game in it.

I find it very stupid with the Elite bundle you have only ONE game and plus it's a PUZZLE game...this is so lame, like this sort of game can show you the power of the machine...

grf7291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 grf7291
i got the premium bundle which comes with everything u need to get started (except the wireless adapter for your router if u want wireless) but yea its the best deal just go for the premium