I million XBOX Live players banned!

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/11/12/cnet.xbox.live.ban/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Good job Microsoft!!!!

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

5% of the community, 75% of which help destroy the community and 25% in which either were just repairing there xbox's themselves or got banned for not doing squat. This is old news that is posted every five minutes on not only these forums but other ones on this site to, not trying to be a dick but it's just getting old as hell to listen to.

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

MS is doing the right thing. If people won't learn otherwise, you gotta play rough. This is justice!

Odnomiar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Odnomiar
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

Well, if the ones who're banned are banned for breaking rules or pirating games, then... better off with out them.

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Good job for now. We all know that soon the "dark side" will discover something to pass through this again. It's never gonna stop lol. But good so far, yeah.
x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/11/12/cnet.xbox.live.ban/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Good job Microsoft!!!!

Johnny_Rock
Good lad's!
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

5% of the community, 75% of which help destroy the community and 25% in which either were just repairing there xbox's themselves or got banned for not doing squat. This is old news that is posted every five minutes on not only these forums but other ones on this site to, not trying to be a dick but it's just getting old as hell to listen to.

XileLord
Old as hell? The article I linked to is only an hour and ten minutes old?
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

I have no pity for them.

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts

They got what they deserved.

ikn3z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ikn3z
Member since 2003 • 586 Posts
Do you think pirates really care? Like, it's not like MS detonated a small bomb in the xbox burning their entire house down.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#11 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Do you think pirates really care? Like, it's not like MS detonated a small bomb in the xbox burning their entire house down.ikn3z
Now that would have been great news. They get their banned notice and then a voice plays when they finish reading it, "Your 360 will self destruct in three seconds."
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 penpusher

Do you think pirates really care? Like, it's not like MS detonated a small bomb in the xbox burning their entire house down.ikn3z

If they paid for live then they should care. And not to mention the cost of getting a new console to get online with...so yeah I think its a bit of a kick in the jewels

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="ikn3z"]Do you think pirates really care? Like, it's not like MS detonated a small bomb in the xbox burning their entire house down.penpusher

If they paid for live then they should care. And not to mention the cost of getting a new console to get online with...so yeah I think its a bit of a kick in the jewels

They still save a lot of money.. I truly doubt it hurt them that much. It sucks but it's true we pay $60 for a new game and all it takes are around four to pay for a new console and a subscription to XBL.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 penpusher

[QUOTE="penpusher"]

[QUOTE="ikn3z"]Do you think pirates really care? Like, it's not like MS detonated a small bomb in the xbox burning their entire house down.craigalan23

They still save a lot of money.. I truly doubt it hurt them that much. It sucks but it's true we pay $60 for a new game and all it takes are around four to pay for a new console and a subscription to XBL.

True but any financial kick is still a pain these days. Every little helps and a lot of small timers and those thinking of modding will likely be put off by the idea of their investment in bth console and service being banned.

At anyrate its better than nothing

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
pirates dont get bothered they just sell the banned the console and get a another and start again
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
Well that's a lot.
Alex41790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Alex41790
Member since 2007 • 469 Posts

[QUOTE="ikn3z"]Do you think pirates really care? Like, it's not like MS detonated a small bomb in the xbox burning their entire house down.penpusher

If they modded their XBox and broke the TOS then that is the risk they run, regardless of if they pay for Live or not
-NOXiK_AOPK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -NOXiK_AOPK-
Member since 2008 • 352 Posts

Who cares...

Hack your system or dont...

I mean its your rigth...so "F" what any1 else says or thinks...

I mean most of you guys are Hypocrits...

I mean look at your desktop...if your looking there be a thing called LIMEWIRE...

So stop you wyning about pirates pirating...most of you own something of an illegal nature

So just shut up if it doesnt concern you, dont tryan be a part of it...

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 penpusher

Who cares...

I mean look at your desktop...if your looking there be a thing called LIMEWIRE...

So stop you wyning about pirates pirating...most of you own something of an illegal nature

-NOXiK_AOPK-

Sorry to burst the little bubble you appear to be living in but you actually have no right to modd your xbox. Theres this little thing that a fair few people seem to overlook or forget when they buy their xbox or indeed anything else. Its called an end user agreement (or terms and conditions, same thing). If you bothered to read it (as I have in A-level law class) it basically says that by purchasing this product you agree that you accept and are bound by law to the terms and conditions of the end user agreement for this product and thus you are not allowed to MODIFY your xbox 360 console in anyway shape or form be it via hardware or software or allow anyone else to do so! (Theres are a ton of other things it lists obviously but I leave it to you to read for further detail). The same basic terms come with every game you buy as well thus you cant copy them legally either.

So I'm sorry but you are bound by law not to modify or mess around with 360's and other electronic goods in anyway shape or form so you have actually have no right to modify it. In short, you own it, you accept the contract and thus bound by law to not meddle with it. Thus modding is illegal and not a right.

As for hypocrits, please dont judge the rest of us by your own standards. I personally have never used limewire nor any other software of the nature and have never seen the need to steal things I want. I like many other people have a JOB and pay for the things I want thanks.

And it is also our buisness, as people who actually pay for our games its people who hack and modify that often ruin the experience for the rest of us by bringing down things such as the ban hammer or more stringent software protections that actually make things more awkward for the rest of us. I mean just look at pcs and starforce. That things a major pain in the rear for many pc gamers but it wouldnt be about were it not for pirates and such.

In other words your post = epic fail

Richboy96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Richboy96
Member since 2009 • 303 Posts

I think it was a amazing thing for MS to do we here in Canada have to pay $75 for a new game! while the pirates are getting a game for about $10. I know Everyone has Pirated but pirating something that is $75!?!?

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#22 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
they got what was coming to them. I'm glad people who pirate games are being punished. :P
deimos113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deimos113
Member since 2007 • 516 Posts
Meh, its just going to be a retarded circle of Microsoft making a new patch, the pirates making a new patch. Its just going to go on and on and on
Odnomiar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Odnomiar
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

[QUOTE="-NOXiK_AOPK-"]

Who cares...

penpusher

Sorry to burst the little bubble you appear to be living in but you actually have no right to modd your xbox. Theres this little thing that a fair few people seem to overlook or forget when they buy their xbox or indeed anything else. Its called an end user agreement (or terms and conditions, same thing). If you bothered to read it (as I have in A-level law class) it basically says that by purchasing this product you agree that you accept and are bound by law to the terms and conditions of the end user agreement for this product and thus you are not allowed to MODIFY your xbox 360 console in anyway shape or form be it via hardware or software or allow anyone else to do so! (Theres are a ton of other things it lists obviously but I leave it to you to read for further detail). The same basic terms come with every game you buy as well thus you cant copy them legally either.

So I'm sorry but you are bound by law not to modify or mess around with 360's and other electronic goods in anyway shape or form so you have actually have no right to modify it. In short, you own it, you accept the contract and thus bound by law to not meddle with it. Thus modding is illegal and not a right.

As for hypocrits, please dont judge the rest of us by your own standards. I personally have never used limewire nor any other software of the nature and have never seen the need to steal things I want. I like many other people have a JOB and pay for the things I want thanks.

And it is also our buisness, as people who actually pay for our games its people who hack and modify that often ruin the experience for the rest of us by bringing down things such as the ban hammer or more stringent software protections that actually make things more awkward for the rest of us. I mean just look at pcs and starforce. That things a major pain in the rear for many pc gamers but it wouldnt be about were it not for pirates and such.

Hehe... OWNED!!

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Good bye pirates! =-)

strawberry9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 strawberry9
Member since 2006 • 875 Posts

Good bye pirates! =-)

Flamecommando
Real game piraters use pc....

[QUOTE="-NOXiK_AOPK-"]

Who cares...

penpusher

Meh, if your gona mod your console you shouldn't bother with live.... I would mod mine, but I love my xbox live so I have to buy games now... whatever lol
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamecommando"]

Good bye pirates! =-)

strawberry9

Real game piraters use pc.... penpusher

Ok...then..... Still the xbox will be modded much less now because of this.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#29 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

ban em all.. then strap them into a chair and make them watch endless vids of really bad online gamers.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Good job M$
bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#31 bowlingotter
Member since 2005 • 6464 Posts

This pirate cares so much he doesn't want you to watch movies anymore.

bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bowlingotter

Who cares...

So just shut up if it doesnt concern you, dont tryan be a part of it...-NOXiK_AOPK-

Sorry, not all of us are into that. I download music all the time... from the iTunes Music Store. I download games too... from Steam. When you have companies like this making things available for cheaper, help em out. Don't hurt them and try to justify it with BS like "but... but... but I pay for Xbox Live! All games should be free!"

If you pirated and got caught, guess what? You were warned, and they weren't kidding. Cry me a river.

bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bowlingotter

I got banned.

I will not buy another Xbox until there is a new way to mod that they can't detect. I flat out refuse to pay $60 a game.

It's funny too because I was paying for my XBL account, Netfix, and even paid to download game add-ons,avatar carp, etc.

By banning me they have lost all that, I have already canceled my Netflix account. And my XBL Gold Account only had a week left so they won't be getting another $59 from me. Pretty stupid because there is no way I'm going to pay for games; they could have kept getting the money I was spending; now they will get nothing from me.

Oh yeah the WindowsMediaCenter still works great for all my pirated movies, music, and TV shows. In fact you can now buy a banned 360 on Craig's List for less than $60. I plan to get 1 or 2 more of those just to use on other TVs for my pirated media on my PC!!

Store24

Don't want to pay $60 for a game? Buy a PS2. There's tons of great stuff out there on the cheap.

Or, mod your xbox, pirate games, and get banned.

"By banning me they have lost all that" ... lost what, exactly? If the companies could operate on revenue they gain strictly from Xbox Live and add-ons, then the games would be free. If there's no way you're gonna pay for games, then good riddance. You love games so much that you're #1 goal is to hurt the industry as much as possible. Bon voyage, hope to never see you again.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

[QUOTE="ikn3z"]Do you think pirates really care? Like, it's not like MS detonated a small bomb in the xbox burning their entire house down.Legolas_Katarn
Now that would have been great news. They get their banned notice and then a voice plays when they finish reading it, "Your 360 will self destruct in three seconds."

Lol, That would be AWESOME!! :D

ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts
I just can't believe these morons went on Live with a modded console. Everyone knows you have 2 systems. One nornal for online play and one modded for everything else. Were these guys new?
Holywarriortim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Holywarriortim
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts

I got banned.

I will not buy another Xbox until there is a new way to mod that they can't detect. I flat out refuse to pay $60 a game.

It's funny too because I was paying for my XBL account, Netfix, and even paid to download game add-ons,avatar carp, etc.

By banning me they have lost all that, I have already canceled my Netflix account. And my XBL Gold Account only had a week left so they won't be getting another $59 from me. Pretty stupid because there is no way I'm going to pay for games; they could have kept getting the money I was spending; now they will get nothing from me.

Oh yeah the WindowsMediaCenter still works great for all my pirated movies, music, and TV shows. In fact you can now buy a banned 360 on Craig's List for less than $60. I plan to get 1 or 2 more of those just to use on other TVs for my pirated media on my PC!!

Store24

You know M$ is probably reading this post and dying laughing, because they accomplished what they wanted. If you are stealing their games, then they probably don't want you buying another. Sure they make some money off your Live subscription, and any add-ons you may buy, but how much money do they lose from you because you won't pay $60 for a game.

And is it fair, that just because you don't want to pay for a game that you steal it, when other people really don't want to pay for either, but they do because it is the right thing to do. Sure M$ makes money off the game, but there are also game creators, designers, testers, musicians, and other folks that are putting food on their table when I pay $60 for a game. And if it is a game that I enjoy, I really think it is worth it. When you pirate games, it's not just M$ that you are hurting.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I got banned.

Store24
haha whats worse? you NOT buying all their games or cancelling your xbox live subscription? That will show em! i love it how you actually think your achieving something here, that your hurting MS, it is gold! hahaha
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
good to know. piracy is not helping thisindustry at all.
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

well today i thou i got banned. but it was just my gamertag. said it wasnt allowed no more n had to change it. lame

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

they got what they deserved....just pay for games like everyone else

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chaoscougar1
wow sell your modded xbox? dont act like you have turned over a new leaf when you plan on selling a banned xbox PS cut down on the caps lock next time
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

Who cares...

-NOXiK_AOPK-
No one has a right to modify their console to pirate games. I don't use Limewire or any other software that allows me to download illegally. It should concern gamers, because if more people started to pirate games and get away with it, video game developers wouldn't want to even bother making them; It's a good thing that MS is doing something about it. Also, I'm about to graduate in college with a degree in animation/visual effects, so I plan on being in the industry. I would really hate to see people that play a game (that I personally worked really hard on) for free.
morsiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 morsiya
Member since 2004 • 59 Posts

i got banned and i deserve it just like everyone else who modded their xbox, however, its still my property, if somebody chooses to buy my modded xbox, and they are aware that is banned, then so be it.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 penpusher

Oh my, think this thread is starting to run its course just like the other one ... wouldnt it be possible to sticky this or the other one? Just so anyone thinking of starting another thread about bans can come to it and find out the opinions that people have already expressed on the topic because it does appear to be a topic a lot of people care about and just as many who dont actually know what the majority of people think even if they think they do.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="morsiya"]

I GOT BANNED... IM NOT GOING TO LIE.. ITS SUCKS, BUT THE 1 MILLION GAMERS THAT GOT BANNED, WE HAD IT COMING, FOR ME PERSONALLY, I SAVED A BUNCH OF MONEY, PLAYED A YEAR AND A HALF OF XBOX LIVE AND ENJOYED EVERY SECOND, SO NOW ILL SELL MY MODDED XBOX AND JUST BUY AN ELITE, GET A NEW ACCOUNT AND PAY FOR MY NEW GAMES.

I DONT FEEL ASHAMED IN ANY WAY, AND I JUST ORDERD MY COPY OF MODERN WARFARE FOR PS3... SO IT AINT BAD AT ALL.

IN THE MEANWHILE ILL JUST PLAY SINGLEPLAYER GAMES IN MY XBOX AND ONLINE GAMES IN MY PS3.

congrats.
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#48 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
These ban waves occur too sporadically, all these users will buy another Xbox from the several hundreds of dollars saved from not buying legal software and everything will be the just same in a few weeks. Except that Microsoft will have sold quite more consoles out of this. Everyone wins, I guess.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 chaoscougar1

yay i got banned too!!!

now hit me with some hate lol

took M$ a lil longer than most others, but they found a way...maybe i should have been playing a legit copy of Fable II...

o well, time to get an arcade, swap my disk drive, and get some new firmware

maybe if games didnt cost 60 bones a pop, i would have never thought of modding my 360...but since i dont get enough income from my job, i had to look elsewhere to get games

and before everyone starts going ballistic over what i did, know that i did have at least a tiny bit of good intentions, and didnt do this just to spite M$ or the deveopers/publishers of the games themselves, i did it, so i could play games with my friends without having to spend all of my paycheck every week on one game

and while this doesnt make modding 360's to play burned discs right, it was worth it for me to risk it, and i payed the price

H_U_R_D
if you cant afford the hobby, then feel free not to have it as a hobby. Its one thing to mod your xbox, its quite another to brag about it (like you did in another thread) and somehow try to justify yourself stealing. Why do you think you are allowed to not pay for games while most others have to? are you that special?
Virtual87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Virtual87
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I got banned. I deserved it. I accept it.
I will make an effort this month to get a new xbox and I want to transfer my GT with my achievements AND my saves to my new xbox.
From what I read as long as I don't play on the xbox after it got banned my saves should be safe, not corrupted.
What do I need to transfer my saves and other content to my new xbox and has anybody managed to do this?

I will certainly not mod my next xbox, the funny part is that I have 30+ legit games and I only played maybe 2 pirate ones in the last 6 month which weren't even worth it.