I am out of space on my HDD for XBOX 360. How to...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ardazu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Ardazu
Member since 2004 • 485 Posts

I am out of space on my HDD for my Xbox 360, and I already purchased an additional one. It works fine and if I need the old save data I switch HDDs. However, I would like to play Mass Effect 3 and get the add ons and all ME1 and ME2 datas are on the other HDD. I would like to play ME3 with the same Shepard I built.

What are my options? Do I need to transfer data, if yes How? or Can I start with the old HDD and during the game I switch the HDDs like people do it with memory sticks? I appreciate the help.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Use a memory stick. Transfer the data to memory stick, switch HDD, now transfer the data to that HDD
docglock86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 docglock86
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Have you tried using the XBL Cloud Storage for your game saves? I don't know how much space they allow because I haven't ever had need to use it. But I would assume they give you a decent amount for game saves.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#4 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

You could buy a tranfer cable and do it that way, also.

Ardazu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Ardazu
Member since 2004 • 485 Posts

Thank you all for the answers. From what I understand transfer cables are going to be costly compared to flash disk since I already have. Cloud storage is also unfortunately something I am not familiar with. So I will go with a flash disk. I hope there won't be any formatting issue or it doesn't require a specific brand. I also hope this new DLC for ME3 is something worthwhile.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Download saves to cloud then simply load saves after you install games on new Xbox.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
Download saves to cloud then simply load saves after you install games on new Xbox. KC_Hokie
Yes, this is a good way.