How does a 360 look on a regular TV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Simpsonsfan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 Simpsonsfan2
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts
That's not HD, LCD or anything like that, just a standard definition TV? Thanks.:)
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
It looks rubbish, coz I'm using an SDTV now. I might be getting anHDTV soon though hopefully *touches wood*.
BMel_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BMel_360
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
I used to play on a standard tube television and the picture is great, not as good as in high-def but still great.
lurid_twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lurid_twilight
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
Fine. Obviously not as good as it could be.. on HD. But it's decent. I'm using a SDTV right now.
Grende1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Grende1
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts

The graphic quality coming from the 360 is the same on either kind of TV. For example, the amount of polygons, smooth animations, screen rate, draw distance, amount of things on screen at once, the quality of particle effects, bloom lighting, HDR lighting, the AI, advanced physics, etc. etc., are the same on both. The major differences are the resolution and quality of colors. The colors on a quality HDTV are much richer and 'pop out' at you a lot more. The black is also 'more black'. Also, the resolution is much higher on HDTVs, hence the name high definition. What this means is that the picture is more distinct and clear. You can make out the finer details better and text is easier to read. Textures also look more crisp, so for example, a brick wall with high level textures looks more like a brick wall on an HDTV set, since you can better make out the fine grain details of the brick. Once you go HD, you'll never go back, but it doesn't mean that the 360, or PS3 for that matter, looks 'bad' on an SDTV. You are just not getting all you can get out of your new system.

magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts
It looks perfectly acceptable. Better to get a big old cheap screen than an xpensive smaller one though if you wana see more. Gears still blew me away on SD
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
It looks great (a lot better then last gen) but definently not as nice as HD. Just not as clear and detailed.
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts

The graphic quality coming from the 360 is the same on either kind of TV. For example, the amount of polygons, smooth animations, screen rate, draw distance, amount of things on screen at once, the quality of particle effects, bloom lighting, HDR lighting, the AI, advanced physics, etc. etc., are the same on both. The major differences are the resolution and quality of colors. The colors on a quality HDTV are much richer and 'pop out' at you a lot more. The black is also 'more black'. Also, the resolution is much higher on HDTVs, hence the name high definition. What this means is that the picture is more distinct and clear. You can make out the finer details better and text is easier to read. Textures also look more crisp, so for example, a brick wall with high level textures looks more like a brick wall on an HDTV set, since you can better make out the fine grain details of the brick. Once you go HD, you'll never go back, but it doesn't mean that the 360, or PS3 for that matter, looks 'bad' on an SDTV. You are just not getting all you can get out of your new system.

Grende1
So to put it simply, I will be able to read the text in Dead Rising?
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
Games still look great on a SDTV. Not as good as they could be, but still good.
B_Scared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 B_Scared
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

I used my 360 on an sd tv for over a yea. The tv I had had component cable inputs so it was slightly clearer than rca inputs but it didnt bother me. The hard thing is going to HD and then switching back to sd its like trying to learn the games all over again.

Fifty_Pence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Fifty_Pence
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts

That's not HD, LCD or anything like that, just a standard definition TV? Thanks.:)Simpsonsfan2

I really just dont see that much of a difference between HD and SD. It looks great to me still

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
A lot better than the old gen consoles if that's what you're wondering... but still not as good as it can :wink:
UndeadAreGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UndeadAreGo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have had some people tell me that playing a 360 on a SD TV is not worth the trouble. This simply isn't true. Have you been to a Gamestop lately where they had demos playing on the TV? Did the images of Halo 3 or BioShock stop you dead in your tracks? They did for me, and then I noticed that the TV was SD. The fact is, while the definition and colors will not be as sharp as they could be, all of the textures and lighting effects are still visible. As for getting the HD-DVD player with an SD TV, that would be a waste of money.
Cedric169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cedric169
Member since 2005 • 2138 Posts
it's fine for me... it doesn't look too good but it doesn't look too bad neither just fine...
pwilletts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 pwilletts
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
All I've got is a SD TV and the picture is still great. But I'd take an HDTV if I could get it.
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts
on my tv, it looks fines.. the only thing i find is text can be hard to read on some games. (i usually have to lean forward a bit to read my objective or whatever)