How can I get the RROD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tifa923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Tifa923
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts
I'm buying a new Pro 360 and wonder what precautions I should take to avoid a RROD.
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
The RRoD can indicate more than an overheating issue. It's a general hardware failure which can me a number of things and it's not worth voiding your warranty to prevent overheating. Do NOT buy the Intercooler as it draws it's power from the 360 itself and is known to cause overheating. Also it leaves scorch marks which will void your warranty with MS. My advice is to just use it normally and if you happen to get the RRoD, send it in to get it fixed or have it replaced.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
Make sure there is air circlating around the 360. it has space. most new 360s don't get the red ring of death.
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts

Try to give it plenty of air room. Other then that just try not to worry about it. Every console comes with a 3 year RROD Warrenty (I believe).

OddBowls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 OddBowls
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I've had the intercooler for over a year

The RRoD can indicate more than an overheating issue. It's a general hardware failure which can me a number of things and it's not worth voiding your warranty to prevent overheating. Do NOT buy the Intercooler as it draws it's power from the 360 itself and is known to cause overheating. Also it leaves scorch marks which will void your warranty with MS. My advice is to just use it normally and if you happen to get the RRoD, send it in to get it fixed or have it replaced. PlzDuntBanMe

I've had the intercooler for over a year no scorch marks, no overheating and my Xbox is always below zero...my opinion on the whole "intercooler causes RROD issue" is it's bullcrap, buy the intercooler and enjoy your RROD free 360.

OddBowls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 OddBowls
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

The RRoD can indicate more than an overheating issue. It's a general hardware failure which can me a number of things and it's not worth voiding your warranty to prevent overheating. Do NOT buy the Intercooler as it draws it's power from the 360 itself and is known to cause overheating. Also it leaves scorch marks which will void your warranty with MS. My advice is to just use it normally and if you happen to get the RRoD, send it in to get it fixed or have it replaced. PlzDuntBanMe

I've had the intercooler for over a year no scorch marks, no overheating and my Xbox is always below zero...my opinion on the whole "intercooler causes RROD issue" is it's bullcrap, buy the intercooler and enjoy your RROD free 360.

Tifa923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Tifa923
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts

I've had the intercooler for over a year [QUOTE="PlzDuntBanMe"]The RRoD can indicate more than an overheating issue. It's a general hardware failure which can me a number of things and it's not worth voiding your warranty to prevent overheating. Do NOT buy the Intercooler as it draws it's power from the 360 itself and is known to cause overheating. Also it leaves scorch marks which will void your warranty with MS. My advice is to just use it normally and if you happen to get the RRoD, send it in to get it fixed or have it replaced. OddBowls

Not that I don't trust him, but, can anyone testify, just to be safe?
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

[QUOTE="PlzDuntBanMe"]The RRoD can indicate more than an overheating issue. It's a general hardware failure which can me a number of things and it's not worth voiding your warranty to prevent overheating. Do NOT buy the Intercooler as it draws it's power from the 360 itself and is known to cause overheating. Also it leaves scorch marks which will void your warranty with MS. My advice is to just use it normally and if you happen to get the RRoD, send it in to get it fixed or have it replaced. OddBowls

Below Zero? Wow you have the best intercooler on the planet.:shock:

erica1633

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 erica1633
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts
I had the Intercooler for quite awhile, it didn't leave scorch marks or any other problems like that dude said but, my 360 never seemed to get hot even without the Intercooler on so i'm sure it's not a big deal either way.