Holy **** this new Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is AMAZING. Sequel please!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suplax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 suplax
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

Thanks Konami , probably one of best buys on xbox 360 i ever made , and i have like 70+ games.

The game HAS NOTHING to do with previews Castlevanias. Its like a fresh new start to this awesome serie, Graphics are amazing, sountrack and voice acting so cool, game plot is the best. Old Castlevania games never really cared to much about a good history, but this one... damm awesome. I have to admit that controls and combox are kinda poor... Anyway a great game.

Btw.... why Gamespot reviewers are the worst ? Fore real, IGN dude are way more accurated. I can't stand for stupid negative aspects, i can undersand some , but lol... "Forced Puzzles" ?!? Wtf.... Dudes think they are hot ****.

Mod Edit: Do NOT bypass our censors.
Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Sequal already announced and everyone is entitled to their own opnion, since when do reviewers have to be like everyone else and try and be as close to the average?

suplax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 suplax
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

They don't need to be like everybody else... But i don't know if you noticed , everysingle game... gamespot give the WORST scores... every single game...

Do your read , metacritics or ign ? That is more like it.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I have had it from Gamefly for a week and I have only put 5 hours into it. I am just done with Chapter 3 and thus far I am not engaged. I am trying hard to love it because I enjoy the setting and the monsters. The controls are a bit clunky, as you mentioned as well. Does it get alot better? Does the story really grab you later? I will keep playing and come back with a more accurate opinion.

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

Wow I sold the POS the first day I got it(gift). After playing God of War 3, Castlevania was so generic, even Dantes Inferno had more going for it. Lets not even mention the abysmal framerate, poor combat, and controls. Out of Castlevania, Dead Rising 2, Vanquish, and New Vegas which all came out around the same time, Castlevania is garbage and deserves no sales as it's a generic rip off.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Wasn't very interested in the game. Played the demo. It was terrible.

DeadToFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DeadToFall
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts
I plan on getting it once it goes down to around $30
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

i might have to try it out

daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts
TC has lost all credibility with me by saying IGN reviews are accurate.
shaemar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 shaemar
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Beat the game the other day. Loved it. from start to finish.. cant wait for part 2

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I ended up opting for Enslaved instead, and I'm glad I did, but I'll grab LOS soon and try it out. It looks good.

I never go by what reviewers say. I just use them, as sort of a guideline. If I'm not sure about something I rent it first.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Wow I sold the POS the first day I got it(gift). After playing God of War 3, Castlevania was so generic, even Dantes Inferno had more going for it. Lets not even mention the abysmal framerate, poor combat, and controls. Out of Castlevania, Dead Rising 2, Vanquish, and New Vegas which all came out around the same time, Castlevania is garbage and deserves no sales as it's a generic rip off.

Headpopper333
Yeah, I thought the demo was average, then I rented for the PS3 so I could share with a co-worker (he refuses to buy a 360), and I put in about 4 hours and I didn't like it much either. Imo, it's hard to go from God of War 3 to Castlevania LOS. I can't say it's better than Dante's Inferno because they're both average to good, but I at least finished Dante's Inferno. I'll keep trying to like it but at this point, I feel like I'm just forcing myself.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I ended up opting for Enslaved instead, and I'm glad I did, but I'll grab LOS soon and try it out. It looks good.

I never go by what reviewers say. I just use them, as sort of a guideline. If I'm not sure about something I rent it first.

coasterguy65
From what I've read from various sources, Enslaved reviews seem pretty spot on. Interesting relationship between Monkey and Trip (I love Trip), but the gameplay is repetitive and flat. Nothing dynamic. I would give it an 8 based on what I've played so far.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="SNESMaster420"]

I have had it from Gamefly for a week and I have only put 5 hours into it. I am just done with Chapter 3 and thus far I am not engaged. I am trying hard to love it because I enjoy the setting and the monsters. The controls are a bit clunky, as you mentioned as well. Does it get alot better? Does the story really grab you later? I will keep playing and come back with a more accurate opinion.

MuddyMilkshake

I am afraid to say that the story doesn't get much better. I am about 12 hours in and have just reached Chapter 8 and I don't really know what is happening apart from the main objective. The setting, gameplay and graphics are all good but I agree with you that it isn't that engaging. I have also heard that the game can take you up 20+ hours to finish and that in my opinion is a little too long. The game is already starting to drag a little at 12 hours.

The ending is FANTASTIC. Classic Kojima, what the game ends up being is fantastic. Castlevania Spoiler [spoiler] You end up being Dracula, the game is a freaking Dracula origin story!!! [/spoiler]
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

There's already talk about the sequel...

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
very good looking game and huge i love it
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#19 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Wish I was playing it.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts

The gamewas fantabulous :D i loved it 10/10

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

People quite literally take a reviewers opinion to heart. Nobody thinks for themselves aymore. I enjoyed this game. The story gets better. I'll admit the first couple of chapters are meh until you get to the first Lord of Shadow but after that it takes off. This is why I'm amused by critics but I don't literally take their word for it. If the game looks good I buy it and If it doesn't I don't. I don't avoid orbuy a game because omg gamespot said it was amazing or omg gamespot gave it a 7.5. You people need to start thinking for yourselves instead of being a bunch of robot zombiemanican statues.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

Forcing myself to play is a good way to put it. I guess even if I have this game for a month, paying Gamefly $15 was better than dropping $60 on it. I am going to rent The Force Unleashed 2 today from Blockbuster and try and burn through that. Maybe that will give me the motivation to put in a couple of marathon sessions on Castlevania this weekend or next. At this point, I have heard the ending of Castlevania is so cool by many online posters as well as reviews that I have to see it.

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

I liked the game too, but I noticed that it was pushing the Xbox 360 to its limit. During scenes with lots of action I noticed significant frame rate drops. It would be nice if they released this game for pc.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#25 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

SNESMaster420

Story aside (i personally like it but many wont i guess), the overall game picks up around chapter 4...and gets increasingly good each chapter. by the end its just awesome...i would push yourself to play a few more chapters before giving up.

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
I love the game, played it on PS#, one of my fav game this gen.