Help Recall the Xbox 360! Gamers unite!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

luckjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 luckjon
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

After dealing with a busted Xbox 360 in 5 months and voiding the warranty and trying to fix it, nothing irked me more than finding out that M$ was extending the warranty to one year in an attempt to cover for itself.

A shoddy poorly made product should be recalled, no matter what.  We customers have the power, because after paying over $300 dollars for a system and having it broke in months is not acceptable.

Here's a link to an online petition that is trying to recall the Xbox 360's, so spread the word, and help us deal with this ripoff.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?360recal&251

Shoitaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shoitaan
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts

You're pissed off at MS because you opened up your case (voiding any future warranties) and shortly after MS extended its warranty? :/

My dvd drive was sticking a bit earlier this year and it was still under the extended warranty so I got a free service no problem.. I was happy enough to call up MS and have my warranty extended by another year. I never got the red ring of death.. I'm happy with my 360 :/

Cpt_Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Cpt_Apollo
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
What's with petitions now a days?  And why do you think that trolling here is gonna help?  And your poll is bad because I have not had one problem with my 360 that I recieved in June of 06.  And speaking of hardware issues I went through 3 PS2 with disk read errors before I finally gave up on it.  Some times hardware issues happen.  Microsoft is not gonna do anything.
MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#4 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
I bought my x360 at the launch and it has worked just fine :) No problems :)
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

lol pwned.

Your poll options arent good enough - my ps2 broke several times. Xbox has been fine since I got it.

basskill2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 basskill2000
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts

My system is a launch system and I have not had any issues with it. my warranty is good through January of 2009 WOOT WOOT!! I got nothing to worry about.

luckjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 luckjon
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts
The warranty void is just a legal maneuver for M$ to cover itself.  The Xbox 360 is a product, like Firestone tires, or the Ford Pinto, or anyother product that had an inherent flaw in it, and such warranties are useless because the product is already broken. 
Cpt_Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 Cpt_Apollo
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts

The warranty void is just a legal maneuver for M$ to cover itself. The Xbox 360 is a product, like Firestone tires, or the Ford Pinto, or anyother product that had an inherent flaw in it, and such warranties are useless because the product is already broken. luckjon

This doesn't make any sense.  Almost all electronics come with warranities.  And people buy extended ones just to cover themselves.  It sounds like you are saying that if a product has a warranty, that means it will break. 

fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
I've got a 3 year warranty on mine, so I'm not worried.
LDouglasLJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LDouglasLJr
Member since 2005 • 5976 Posts
I've had mine since shortly after launch and have been forunate only one problem and that was overheating.  I think Microsoft should have done more Q&A before launching the console but that did not happen.  Will Microsoft recall them, not unless there is a potential for them to catch fire and burn a house down or something along those lines.  Otherwise I just hope they've worked out some of the Q&A issues on latter batches of consoles and hopefully will issue one with the smaller chip, better optical drive and fan upgrade.  But only time will tell.
shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts

well, i'm sorry that:

1) you neglected to buy an extended warranty on a product that had some issues with reliability at its launch.

2) you opened the 360 to tamper with it and try and fix it yourself, voiding the warranty that was later extended.

3) your dumb peitition so far has NO ONE that agrees with you.

well, that's 3 strikes... Recall the Luckjon! Idiots Unite!

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

After dealing with a busted Xbox 360 in 5 months and voiding the warranty and trying to fix it, nothing irked me more than finding out that M$ was extending the warranty to one year in an attempt to cover for itself.

A shoddy poorly made product should be recalled, no matter what. We customers have the power, because after paying over $300 dollars for a system and having it broke in months is not acceptable.

Here's a link to an online petition that is trying to recall the Xbox 360's, so spread the word, and help us deal with this ripoff.

luckjon

You know this is pointless right?  Absolutely 100% pointless, you might as well yell at a wall until you pass out.  MS won't be recalling anything and really, even if they did, I don't see how that would help you at all.   MS is doing a fine job repairing and replacing broken 360s, too bad your ruined your warranty by believing you could fix your $400 machine. 

Further, recalls are for SERIOUS issues, like exploding machines or things catching fire, the replacement Xbox power cables are a good example.  Don't expect to get a recall because some systems break down, and really, all this breakdown stuff is blown totally out of proportion.  I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of the reports of broken 360s we hear on this forum are from Sony fanboys who just want to stir the pot.  I also wouldn't be surprised if a large number of so called "faulty" 360s haven't been taken care of nearly as well as they should.  Such things as proper ventilation and use of a good surge protector (not a power strip) go a long way to making the 360 work just fine. 

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jmartinez1983

The warranty void is just a legal maneuver for M$ to cover itself. The Xbox 360 is a product, like Firestone tires, or the Ford Pinto, or anyother product that had an inherent flaw in it, and such warranties are useless because the product is already broken. luckjon

Ok, difference there is that the tires and the pinto were KILLING people.  Also, the warranty void is not just a legal manuever by MICROSOFT (stop with the stupid M$ thing, its soooo old).  They make it perfectly clear that they will fix your Xbox if it is under warranty, but they need assurances it wasn't your stupidity that created the problem in the first place.  You are just bitter because you did something you regret and now you have to pay for it.   

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

You'll get no help from me. Mine works, and I bothered to get the extended service plan. Incidentally, you have no right to complain if you opened the case. The warranty paperwork tells you explicity not to do that. So you caused your own problems.

litttlejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 litttlejohn
Member since 2006 • 2247 Posts

Help recall this stupid thread, GAMERS UNITE!

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

I had mine since March 06. Not a problem. I even opened it up (knowing the consequences) a couple of months ago to clean out the dust. Still fine.

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jmartinez1983

Help recall this stupid thread, GAMERS UNITE!

litttlejohn

Wait, I don't see a petition for this one... omg must sign!

How about a better petition:  Put a stop to all complaining about the 360 hardware, no more people crying and running to the forums whenever they have a problem with their system.  

Really, we don't need to hear about it every time someone gets the 3 red lights, man up (or woman up) and deal with it, you REALLY don't need to tell us. No, really, we don't give a s**t.

milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

well, i'm sorry that:

1) you neglected to buy an extended warranty on a product that had some issues with reliability at its launch.

2) you opened the 360 to tamper with it and try and fix it yourself, voiding the warranty that was later extended.

shotputking

1) Not exactly necessary

2) You're correct, he shouldn't have opened his console.

3) I agree with it since I've had the unfortunate event of having 2 different Xbox 360s die on me, one manufactured in April 2006, the other in November 2006. Even if there are people out there that don't have problems with the system you have to agree that this is the most unreliably console in history. 

Scruffin_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Scruffin_it
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts

The only problems I ever have with the Xbox360 is that I get Disc Error all the time and it scratches my games up after some time.

It really pisses me off but all in all the system isn't that bad. Though I would like to get it fixed but I'm not sure if that is covered or not by warranty if it functions this way.

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 BikerPunk
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

A shoddy poorly made product should be recalled, no matter what.  We customers have the power, because after paying over $300 dollars for a system and having it broke in months is not acceptable.

luckjon

'

you my friend are an IDIOT......dont even start complaining after you void your warranty. Dont be a fool.

Hmmm, my car engine makrs a clink, lets pull that bastard apart......ummmm...honda, my cars f'ed up bad......you owe me a repair.......i don think so kid. You voided warranty, thats all your fault.

and for MS to extend the warranty is nice, cause they didnt have to do that. They saw there was a problem, and did something for the customer.

As for the comment about firestone tires, those were life threatening, and possibly killing, or at least seriously hurting people. You are not threatened by the Xbox dying.

NEWS FLASH:cause you bought something, doesnt mean you have power over a company. If the Xbox is such a P.O.S, then how  come people are still buying them. Even after all this crap, with release issues, and these so called breakdowns now, that people are still willing to go ou t and buy them? BECAUSE THATS WHAT WARRANTIES ARE FOR!!! Since they gave me a waaranty on my cars, and cars do break down, i should ask for recalls, cause if i dont fill my car up with gas, it will stop moving.

There are also those that complain that they have gotten 3 Xboxs, and they are all dying....maybe dont beat the hell out of them. People who get the systems now dont realize that its not just some cartridge type of machine like the SNES, where you can toss your controller at it, when you get Pwned. The nw systems are delicate, and you can whack. One good whack to a system these days can cause cracks in your boards, then nothing will work, and its your own damn fault.....or you can be a tardhead, and break the warranty, and then cry online cause you dont get warranty, since you opened the case.....Smart.

The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts

Well mine only has a problem now because some games dont work (they work on my brothers 360 though) but im not too bothered really...

Shoitaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shoitaan
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts
[QUOTE="shotputking"]

well, i'm sorry that:

milsvaard

1) Not exactly necessary

3) I agree with it since I've had the unfortunate event of having 2 different Xbox 360s die on me, one manufactured in April 2006, the other in November 2006. Even if there are people out there that don't have problems with the system you have to agree that this is the most unreliably console in history. 

I don't know about the most unreliable console in history. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true but then at the same time, I'm leaning on that the problem seems worse than it is because of statistics (eww).

There's a certain % of units of everything thats faulty. The 360 has over 10million units out there in the market. So obviously that percentage multiplied by 10million means a significant amount of people have borked units. Even if the 360 has a fault rate of 3%, thats 300,000 people worldwide that have suffered and obviously the internet being a fantastic medium for venting, it seems like every console is borked.
It'd be odd to have everyone with a working console post on every forum going "OMG, MS sold me a working console".. thats... a lot of peole :(

I'm saying the severity of the problem 'seems' magnified because of the large customer base of the 360.. Its kinda late and I've been doing economics for the last 4 hours so I may not make sense.

Although yeah, I do think the fault rate is higher than the arbitary 3% I used. A guy I know on 360monster.com had 7 console replacements before he gave up and bought a PS3... I think some regions just got dodgy shipments :/

woodyhou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 woodyhou
Member since 2003 • 335 Posts
That's a shame.
Scruffin_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Scruffin_it
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts

There are also those that complain that they have gotten 3 Xboxs, and they are all dying....maybe dont beat the hell out of them. People who get the systems now dont realize that its not just some cartridge type of machine like the SNES, where you can toss your controller at it, when you get Pwned. The nw systems are delicate, and you can whack. One good whack to a system these days can cause cracks in your boards, then nothing will work, and its your own damn fault.....or you can be a tardhead, and break the warranty, and then cry online cause you dont get warranty, since you opened the case.....Smart.

BikerPunk

Exactly, I have dropped my Xbox360 at least 2 times that I can remember from a 3-4 foot drop and it still works pretty damn good. I've finally decided to lay my Xbox down horizontally now because I am such a klutz.

BikerPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 BikerPunk
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts
[QUOTE="milsvaard"][QUOTE="shotputking"]

well, i'm sorry that:

Shoitaan

1) Not exactly necessary

I don't know about the most unreliable console in history. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true but then at the same time, I'm leaning on that the problem seems worse than it is because of statistics (eww).

There's a certain % of units of everything thats faulty. The 360 has over 10million units out there in the market. So obviously that percentage multiplied by 10million means a significant amount of people have borked units. Even if the 360 has a fault rate of 3%, thats 300,000 people worldwide that have suffered and obviously the internet being a fantastic medium for venting, it seems like every console is borked.
It'd be odd to have everyone with a working console post on every forum going "OMG, MS sold me a working console".. thats... a lot of peole :(

I'm saying the severity of the problem 'seems' magnified because of the large customer base of the 360.. Its kinda late and I've been doing economics for the last 4 hours so I may not make sense.

Although yeah, I do think the fault rate is higher than the arbitary 3% I used. A guy I know on 360monster.com had 7 console replacements before he gave up and bought a PS3... I think some regions just got dodgy shipments :/

SO TRUE!!!!

wtfandyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 wtfandyk
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts
where is the option "no mine has worked just fine since I have bought it"
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

i've signed some sort of petition already....i'm on my second 360.....i hope i won't need to get a third *knocks on wood

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
Didn't vote because you don't have a 'No' option that doesn't include the comment about my PS2 or SNES. I have had several 4-5 hour gaming sessions, constantly download and delete content, connect external hard drive, etc, and have never had a problem. I bought mine in August 2006.
lobobizarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 lobobizarro
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts
[QUOTE="shotputking"]

well, i'm sorry that:

milsvaard

Just cause it broke down on you twice it must be made the most unreliable system of history? I had 5 PS2 break down on me before I gave up on the system. I believe if we go by your standards, that would make the PS2 the most unreliable of History.

1) Not exactly necessary

litttlejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 litttlejohn
[QUOTE="Shoitaan"][QUOTE="milsvaard"][QUOTE="shotputking"]

well, i'm sorry that:

BikerPunk

1) Not exactly necessary

SO TRUE!!!!

you guys also have to remember that a large chunk of "broken 360's" are not microsofts problem but gets caused by poor care/pets/children(can be grouped with pets) and other man made problems that add to broken consoles.

etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
still have my launch system from nov 2005 and so does my cousin and guess what both have no problems.
hip-hop-cola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hip-hop-cola
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
my mate who has an 360 said that in the official magazine there was a poll and 30% of owners had there 360 die. i believe the 360 is a good console but with the amount of them that break down they should be recalled, you shouldn't have to pay for the warranty over and over in fear that your console will break.. and the ps2 could be fixed easily( i fixed mine my self).
litttlejohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 litttlejohn

my mate who has an 360 said that in the official magazine there was a poll and 30% of owners had there 360 die. i believe the 360 is a good console but with the amount of them that break down they should be recalled, you shouldn't have to pay for the warranty over and over in fear that your console will break.. and the ps2 could be fixed easily( i fixed mine my self).hip-hop-cola

i guess all that says is that the magazine is very unreliable. i cant even imagine that many people complaining. all that means is that your magazine you read had a terrible sample size which was unrepresentative of the group as a whole. the system shot out 10 million units. and though i hear babies cry about broken systems on this forum alot but i have yet to hear the apparent three million people up in arms about it......