Halo 3 Multiplayer, Fun or Frustrating? Duh Duh Dahh

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
I'm a huge halo fan, i love the game and i love the multiplayer. I recently went out and picked up the orangeĀ  box yesterday and found it much more exciting than the halo multiplayer because it had variety and the ability to choose. I mean, Halo is great and all but when you can't even choose what map you want to play and even what mode? Another Thing, Being able to be great at a game is one thing, and having an inherent skill to just be able to kill anyone even the people who are cheap, but what is it with all these people who pick up the gravity hammer,shotgun, and rocket launcherĀ  say the owned you? I mean i admit i do it time to time as well, but after the game because they had the skill just to be able to hold onto it, and they say they owned you when they were really just being noobs, I mean after playing team fortress it was such a breath of fresh air and i know people are complaining that its laggy, but you have to remeber, this is a company who has primarly made pc games, so it might take a week to take care of the server.Ā 
-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

Does everyone own a different Halo 3 then I do? I like H3 online. But I will say it again, it's a very simplistic and casual online shooter. It's definitely fun. But it also requires little skill. It's usually a who sees who first type of killing that's going on.

That's weird because all these people are trying to tell me it's the best most hardcore online experience ever. That's why I'm wondering do I have the same H3 as them? Because the one I've been playing was definitely fun like I said, but also most definitely simplistic and casual.

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts

Does everyone own a different Halo 3 then I do? I like H3 online. But I will say it again, it's a very simplistic and casual online shooter. It's definitely fun. But it also requires little skill. It's usually a who sees who first type of killing that's going on.

That's weird because all these people are trying to tell me it's the best most hardcore online experience ever. That's why I'm wondering do I have the same H3 as them? Because the one I've been playing was definitely fun like I said, but also most definitely simplistic and casual.

-Aus-
Agreed! To many people beleiving in to much hype, H3 is fun and just that!
koolmankris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 koolmankris
Member since 2004 • 355 Posts

Just like Halo 2, the campaign was pretty great, and offered up a real challenge for those trying to beat Legendary mode. But once you've cleared campaign mode a few times, you'll find the real meat of the game in multiplayer. To sum it up, it has everything from Halo 2's multiplayer, but it also pours a lot of new stuff on top. New vehicles and weapons have been added in, unsurprisingly. There are TONS of modes to play, and you can still design your own.

But back to the question: Halo 3 multiplayer is fun, and is probably the best online experience overall, or at least on the 360. But if you haven't bought it yet, don't start playing until you have a gold membership for XBL. This doesn't mean the game is unplayable, but this is where the action is. Playing splitscreen for a while is alright, but eventually it starts to get old.

But if matches aren't your thing, the multiplayer ALSO has online co-op (from the campaign). You find that the game plays a little differently, but it's a hell of a ride.

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

I'm a huge halo fan, i love the game and i love the multiplayer. I recently went out and picked up the orange box yesterday and found it much more exciting than the halo multiplayer because it had variety and the ability to choose. I mean, Halo is great and all but when you can't even choose what map you want to play and even what mode? Another Thing, Being able to be great at a game is one thing, and having an inherent skill to just be able to kill anyone even the people who are cheap, but what is it with all these people who pick up the gravity hammer,shotgun, and rocket launcher say the owned you? I mean i admit i do it time to time as well, but after the game because they had the skill just to be able to hold onto it, and they say they owned you when they were really just being noobs, I mean after playing team fortress it was such a breath of fresh air and i know people are complaining that its laggy, but you have to remeber, this is a company who has primarly made pc games, so it might take a week to take care of the server. Animal-Mother

some of the weapons can be frustrating, like the gravity hammer, sword, rocket launcher ect. personally i think the only 2 weapons in the game that should be a 1 hit kill is the grenade stick and a headshot with the sniper rifle.

SirCokerThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SirCokerThe1st
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

(Fun)x(infinity)

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
I loved Halo 3 online a few days ago until people started Mauler camping.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

The weapons are pretty well balanced, you are probably just the victim of someone well prepared.

Sure, the guy with the grav hammer or sword up close is basically always going to kill you, but a well placed grenade or a few BR shots will put him down. If they have one of those short range weapons out and you catch them from distance you can easily take them.

The guy with the rockets has the range advantage, but as long as you don't panic you can often jump away in time to avoid dying, at least getting them to waste 2 rockets on you.

You can't win every situation, but you can handle some better than others.

Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
Halo 3 is fun. That's all that matters.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattisgod01
they should remove the gravity hammer in Epitaph while in lone wolf, the map is too close quarters and it is too easy for people to camp around corners with it. every time i play that level the guy who holds onto the gravity hammer for the longest usually wins.
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
i am very satisfied with the multiplayer.
_aen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _aen
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts
the only thing that is starting to make me mad with h3 is that every high rank map is SHOTTY SNIPERS.
I_BlankZ_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 I_BlankZ_I
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Custom Games = Fun Casual FPS Gaming.

Ranked Games = Competitive Skill Based Gaming.

I have to admit if you are not good at Halo...Halo is not a good game at all. I enjoy it because im good at it as a mojority of people are as well. All FPS games are usally the same way. Give it time because Team Fortress is going to be the same soon trust me on that one.

chief_527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chief_527
Member since 2003 • 1121 Posts
Actually, ever since I started playing lone wolves, It's been really even I actually like it more now that when playingRumble Pit.
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

fun, especially Big Team Slayer on Valhalla

but i hate the fact that sometimes i try to beat down a guy, i hit him, yet i'm the one who dies and i dont even see the animation of him killing me...

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattisgod01

but i hate the fact that sometimes i try to beat down a guy, i hit him, yet i'm the one who dies and i dont even see the animation of him killing me...

sandroDX

yea i know what you mean, i hit the guy but it always seems to be me who dies.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Animal-Mother
yeah know i love the game and im competetive and im pretty decent, but i was just saying the cheapness of some thing, thats not skill, popping around a corner with a gravity hamer or waiting on epitaph with the shotgun across the shield so you cant get through, and nobodys really addressed any complaints about the random game set ups
chief_527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chief_527
Member since 2003 • 1121 Posts

and nobodys really addressed any complaints about the random game set upsAnimal-Mother

I'll address it. It Sucks!!

enterprise1345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 enterprise1345
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts
I love halo to played orginal and halo for a good 2 and a bit years. Now halo3 is upon us and i find myself playing PGR4 instead of halo mainly cuz i dont have fun online, i get real angry while in halo 2 it was for rank which upon reflecting on the past i dont know why i got so upset. Anyway when i shoot and melee someone before they see me and they turn around and melee me once without shooting who wins? Me wrong the guy who didnt even know i was there. Come to this about it that is really the only thing that annoys me but it is such a big thing in halo happens all the time and it is enough to make me stop playing it after only a week of owning it.
hooperfax006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 hooperfax006
Member since 2007 • 1836 Posts
I like it...
Avatar image for Screamin_EaGLes
Screamin_EaGLes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Screamin_EaGLes
Member since 2006 • 2278 Posts
after reading ur comments, i agree halo 3 is a real simple fun online game. i love playing it with friends and i've actually ran into more mature players than little kids screaming their heads off. i dont need any special weapons, just give me an AR and BR and im good. sword and hammer people, take them out with the BR, a couple shots and they're down. the campaign i have yet to finish, so far i played on co-op and its been fun. at least the game isnt like gears of war, that game was ridiculous online.
koolmankris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#23 koolmankris
Member since 2004 • 355 Posts
Aside from the actual multiplayer, it's pretty good. There really isn't much to complain about except for one thing, which is a bit of a let-down. Most of the maps are pretty cool, except for a few which felt kinda cramped in places. That aside, I'm a bit bummed that some of Halo's classic maps aren't here. The only familliar map is the "Last Resort" (originally called Zanzibar in Halo 2)...What the hell happened to Blood Gulch (aka Coagulation)? I know its getting kinda old, but it was such a blast. Even if they just ported Halo 2's version (without editing or upgrading the map). Does anybody else miss Blood Gulch? I guess are only hope is that a map-pack becomes available (just like Halo 2)...Or failing that, hopefully this and other classics will become available on the XBL Marketplace someday (better late than never, right?)
Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts
fun but getting to be tiresome....i find the forge to be boring....i mean we made a racetrack and a sticky map but really nothing else catches me like it usually does...i play skirmish instead....wait for cod4
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
I prefer TF2 on the PC (which I have) but I still love playing Halo 3.
Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts
the only thing i dont like about halo3 is the frequency in which shotty snipers is played, i hate that game its just a camp fest, its terrible, and i am really good with the shotty too
Master_Kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Master_Kev
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts
[QUOTE="sandroDX"]

mattisgod01

Well i guess im not the only one.

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
I think it's really frustrating. I'm really getting sick of everyone using the nooby weapons and all of the campers.
fanboy999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fanboy999
Member since 2003 • 1444 Posts
I'm really frustrated with the levels. There are supposed to be 11 MP levels. I only see the same 3 or 4 every time I play. I can play for hours and only see Narrows, Snowbound, and The Pit over and over again on MP Team Slayer. That is my only negative about the online part.
sir_coke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sir_coke1
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I'm really frustrated with the levels. There are supposed to be 11 MP levels. I only see the same 3 or 4 every time I play. I can play for hours and only see Narrows, Snowbound, and The Pit over and over again on MP Team Slayer. That is my only negative about the online part.fanboy999

Oh I know what you mean..... Narrows and Pit come up WAY too much. Maps like Contrust? (the spacey big water fall map) and Infection (with the butthole door) hardly never come up

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Animal-Mother
i have never even seen infection
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts

[QUOTE="fanboy999"]I'm really frustrated with the levels. There are supposed to be 11 MP levels. I only see the same 3 or 4 every time I play. I can play for hours and only see Narrows, Snowbound, and The Pit over and over again on MP Team Slayer. That is my only negative about the online part.sir_coke1

Oh I know what you mean..... Narrows and Pit come up WAY too much. Maps like Contrust? (the spacey big water fall map) and Infection (with the butthole door) hardly never come up

Infection? isnt it "Isolation"?...
sir_coke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sir_coke1
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
[QUOTE="sir_coke1"]

[QUOTE="fanboy999"]I'm really frustrated with the levels. There are supposed to be 11 MP levels. I only see the same 3 or 4 every time I play. I can play for hours and only see Narrows, Snowbound, and The Pit over and over again on MP Team Slayer. That is my only negative about the online part.sandroDX

Infection? isnt it "Isolation"?...

Yea mixed up names its the one with all the big orange looking zips under ground.

r0ger_d70r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 r0ger_d70r
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i'm only a level 15 on lone wolf but as i'm getting to higher levels i find more and more noobs everytime i play, people that just run around with the hammer and the invisible shield... god that gets annoying in so many levels, no wonder they get those higher ranks by just camping and waiting for me to turn in a corner.. WOW! that's a real "skill" i gotta admit it... we'll i guess ill have to go grab a copy of orange box... and see how it goes...
Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts

Halo 3 is good...

but Gears of War (360, PC), Resistance: Fall of Man(PS3), and Orange Box(PC, PS3, 360)are way better. I've had more fun with any of those games than with halo 3. I personally miss halo 1. if they remade halo 1 with halo 3 graphics and online, it would rock!!!

360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts

yeah know i love the game and im competetive and im pretty decent, but i was just saying the cheapness of some thing, thats not skill, popping around a corner with a gravity hamer or waiting on epitaph with the shotgun across the shield so you cant get through, and nobodys really addressed any complaints about the random game set upsAnimal-Mother

its called make your own games and invite friends.....u can play whatever u want in custom.....one of the funnest is rocket race.

WallyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 WallyGamer
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

I love H3 online, even though sometimes I somehow get put up against people who are at a higher TrueSkill level than I am, it is sometimes good to see how the better players play and to see their strategy... but it does suck that at the beginning of a match, allmy teammates seem to dissapear leaving me against 4people who definitely play the game more often than me:(

shoethrower69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shoethrower69
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
halo 3 takes a lot of skill. if you think it doasent take a lot of skill, your not very good. try some ranked games that are your skill level. sure, the noobs with rockets and shotguns are frustrating, but there noobs. its not that hard to kill them when they have rockets.
soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts
Its both , fun and frustrating. The fun part is well, everything!! The frustrating part is when your about to kill someone and soemone else takes ur kill :evil:
Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts
[QUOTE="mattisgod01"][QUOTE="sandroDX"]

Master_Kev

Well i guess im not the only one.

I'm right there with you guys. I was starting to think that I forgot how to hit someone up close, even when there back was toward me, yet I still died.