• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OcTAByo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OcTAByo
Member since 2006 • 249 Posts

Well, Gears of War is still so cool to play on live but dont u think that halo 3 just died too fast and people stop playing that game and moved to games like cod4??? I see my post got very controversial, maybe u misunderstood it, im not bashing halo or saying its bad, or that no one plays it anymore, all that i meant is that idk if thehype about it is dead or not

Avatar image for MasterChief4249
MasterChief4249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MasterChief4249
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts

What makes you think its dead? If you're trying to say that you cant find people to play with online, I never have that problem. As for gears, idk why, but i never liked the online play much on it.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

Well, Gears of War is still so cool to play on live but dont u think that halo 3 just died too fast and people stop playing that game and moved to games like cod4???

OcTAByo

Thats just idiotic.....Halo 3 STILL has 10x more people playing it than COD4......

I own both, and I DO PREFER COD 4......but halo has AT LEAST a couple hundred thousand people playing it at any given time...

people need to stop posting these idiotic threads.........how in the hell has Halo 3 died? How can it possibly die and have all the people "move on" to cod4 IF THERES WAY MORE PEOPLE ON HALO 3!!!

Sorry, im just frustruated!!!!

MetalGearGhOsT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MetalGearGhOsT
Member since 2005 • 383 Posts
It's not DEAD to say, I was on last night and there was 404,000 users online haha. But it has lost it's excitement alot, not because its a short-lived game, but because everyone has played it soooooooo much since it came out, got to lv 45 or higher and have really high ranks.The maps arn't the greatest either, alotof them suck and are boring to play on for the 300th time each. Like some maps never get boring (The Pit, Gaurdian, Sandtrap), while others are extremely boring now (Snowbound, Narrows, Valhalla). Once the new maps come out for it andbungie starts to add-on to the gametypes, it will be fun again.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#5 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
to me it's dead. its just not fun to play anymore.
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts

i must admit,
i haven't played halo 3 since i got COD4.
and now i am playing AC too...and when AC is done
i'll play Mass Effect.

too many games out this month.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Halo 3 won't die. People still play Halo 2 online, even after all this time.
HokiePorter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HokiePorter
Member since 2007 • 342 Posts
Halo 3 I still think is alot of fun and since I don't have CoD4 yet and my cousins don't either we continue to play Halo and don't have too many problems finding games.
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
Dead to me or maybe just dying
CaptainUber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CaptainUber
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
I don't think Halo 3 died, and will ever really die. But the hype that surrounded the game prior to release is definitely long gone. Once the game actually came out the bubble burst, and Halo 3 was just another great shooter. Halo3-The Phenomenon is gone, leaving only Halo3-The Game....is that makes any sense.
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
i personaly think that halo 2 is more alive than 3 any1 else agree?
IOwnsGh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 IOwnsGh2
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts
i hate all these halo 3 bashing threads, theres to many of em, everyones saying that the game sucks cause it didnt live up to the hype... but overall it was a great game, its got 600k or more on xbl everyday.. and cod4 has like 75-150k or more a day.... Halo 3 is a better game IMO and i think that all these damn bashing threads are insane....
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

There will always be people paying Halo.

I however, moved on to Call of Duty 4. but have been playing Mass Effect since I beat Assassins Creed.

I never really liked Gears of War.

IOwnsGh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IOwnsGh2
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts
i personaly think that halo 2 is more alive than 3 any1 else agree?UKLTLEMON
Mossaike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mossaike
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts

I highly doubt Halo 3 is dead, not even Halo 2 is dead yet.

Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Lawnboi
Member since 2005 • 2650 Posts
dude when i go online there is like a million+ people playing halo 3. if u call that dead...well...thats ur problem
Fingerella69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fingerella69er
Member since 2004 • 543 Posts
Honestly Halo 3 was a great game though not ground breaking at all... and sure the 360 came out with better games this year but honestly the most fun game is probably Halo 3... no matter how good COD4 or TOB is or Bioshock. Plus there is no way Halo 3 is dead it is probably the most played xbox live game to date...
dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 dark_mask_91
Member since 2007 • 3004 Posts

Well, Gears of War is still so cool to play on live but dont u think that halo 3 just died too fast and people stop playing that game and moved to games like cod4???

OcTAByo
Halo 3 aint dead.....yet.its just suffering from too many games coming out the past few months.so basically its in the ER room waiting for its recovery
eoates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eoates
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i kind of agree in a sense that halo 3 is dead in my opinion. im not sure about the facts but do as many people play h3 now as they did h2? i playhalo 3 a little these days because it wasnt improved that much i guess from h2. I remember like last year when h2 was out i would play it all the time, even for like 10 hrs on summer days. h3 now just doesnt pull me in as much. Not sure if its from the worse levels or something but its not as fun. H2 was so much fun playing with friends u had from ur town and friends from XBL. halo 3 just feels different now, idk ur thoughts?
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
How come every post I see of octabyo's he is bashing Halo 3? Give up man. Get off the "bash Halo 3" bandwagon...
Fingerella69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fingerella69er
Member since 2004 • 543 Posts
I would play Halo 2 and the original at one of my friends house and I could say maybe for their time they were better... Halo is still the best in the series than Halo 2 and Halo 3 are kind of tied since they both are about the same. I'd go with Halo 3 since it is a bit better in some aspects. Plus the maps for Halo3 weren't much to brag about I loved the ones in the PC version(I used to play) and on Halo 2 but the ones in Halo 3 are whatever. No way is Halo 3 dead as I said before it's still fun, now if you want to talk about dead online gamessee CS is dead even compared to last year... Hopefully the next fps Halo or whatever is groundbreaking and brings something new to the series or else it's going to get boring.
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts
Yeah, it's dead. There's only a mere 400 000+ people playing it :roll:
j3v1zzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 j3v1zzle
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts
I still see 75k+ people playing on ranked team slayer alone. The game is definitely not dead. Not even close.
_pulser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _pulser_
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
halo 3 is definately NOT dead im pretty sure there are more people playing it than gears or cod4. as for gears i always thought it was a boring game.
longhair72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 longhair72
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
[QUOTE="OcTAByo"]

NOD_Grindking

Thats just idiotic.....Halo 3 STILL has 10x more people playing it than COD4......

I own both, and I DO PREFER COD 4......but halo has AT LEAST a couple hundred thousand people playing it at any given time...

people need to stop posting these idiotic threads.........how in the hell has Halo 3 died? How can it possibly die and have all the people "move on" to cod4 IF THERES WAY MORE PEOPLE ON HALO 3!!!

Sorry, im just frustruated!!!!

Thanks a lot i was debating on how hard to flame this guy withouth getting banned and you did beautifully.

steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
i think the # of people playing cod4 & halo 3 are only going to grow, once everyone loses their AC and Mass Effect hard-ons they'll want some good MP action, and then they'll turn to said games
LordChar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LordChar
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
Halo 3 is not even close to being dead. Many many people play it.
QUESNEL23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 QUESNEL23
halo 3 is nowhere close to being dead there is always over 800, 000 ppl on when im online and it never takes more than a few minutes to find a game
MrNib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#30 MrNib
Member since 2004 • 1731 Posts
i would play halo 3 more, but my meeles never register so i dont see much point, once Cod4 gets boring(wont be for a while) ill go back to halo 3 and since new maps are coming out ill play it more, honestly i went back to halo 2 i feel it is more stable despite the glitches
Hunterpate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hunterpate
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts
Put in the Halo 3 disc, get in a xbox live game lobby, look at how many people are online, then ask yourself "Is Halo 3 Dead???". most likely you when feel idiotic and wonder why you asked such a arrogant question.
Secretzofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Secretzofwar
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
halo3 is not n will never be dead.. thers 100k ppl playing as we speak
Fear123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fear123456
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
playd last night and there was over 400 thousand online
Avatar image for pikmin_possesed
pikmin_possesed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pikmin_possesed
Member since 2005 • 72 Posts

halo 3 is definatly not dead. if you look at those white dots on the map on matchmaking lobby, theres a completely white areas all over the world. thats where people are playing halo 3, and how many.

cod4 did not kill halo 3. nor did assasin's creed, guitar hero 3, rock band, or mass effect.

mattlom03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 mattlom03
Member since 2005 • 159 Posts
OK, in my opinion Call of duty 4 is a great game. Halo 3 is also a great game. COD4 and Halo3 will both be around for a very long time. Neither of these games are going to die,Gears didnt, I still play all 3 of those games all the time, and so do most of the people on my friends list.
Avatar image for alamaricenrejec
alamaricenrejec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 alamaricenrejec
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts
Hmm. I guess the topic should be is Halo 3 dying? I would say yes. If you compare how many people were on in the first week or two of its release to how many people play now, it's a huge difference. But for a game to die, it takes time. They just don't die overnight. Halo 3 probably won't die but the amount of people playing it will slowly decline. I have played all 3 and I have enjoyed them all. It's just that Halo 3 seems repetitive of Halo 2. I do play Halo 3 but not as much as I do 2. There are just too many more options on the 360. If you look at Xbox, what great online games did it have? Not many options in that category. Halo 2 raised the bar in online fps. If you look at the 360, you've got many games that have that. CoD4, Halo 3, Gears of War, etc. In conclusion, Halo 3 isn't dead. There are just more games to choose from than when Halo 2 came out on the Xbox.
Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts
i only played halo 3 for about a week, the online got old fast, and the leveling up system is terrible, i could finish a game as mvp and still not get an xp
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
about 2/3 of the worlds youths play videogames. a million ppl playing Halo 3 is nothing. its not dead cause its a cockroach and its hard to kill. but a several hundred thousand or a million is a very small number of gamers to be proud of. xbox live is just the only real online service ppl use nowadays so there is no other way to tally players. so instead of going off on the guy who thinks its dead stop defending a onesided defense
HIDDENin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HIDDENin
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts
It is really boring for me now but once they add more playlists like Team Snipers or Team Hardcore I'll most likely start playing again. For me, Halo 3 didn't really hold my attention like Halo 2 did.
xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
Gears is better online but Halo 3 has a ton of population and I still love it.
-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
They need to bring SWAT to Halo 3 matchmaking. Then I'll play it more.
twiztdmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 twiztdmike
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts

Every timei check there are 400+ thousand people playing halo, so I don't know, maybe it's just the gametype you choose to play.

But even lone wolf has at least 20 thousand people, and thats a very low estimate.

Avatar image for masterspeedy420
masterspeedy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 masterspeedy420

OcTAByo

Halo is not dead, need to get that stuck in your head. i know that Gears of War is a bad a** game. but which game has got people to come together and kick each others a**es. whick one has got people together and stay up allnight play the best game ever made in history. think about it and go play some Halo 3.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Halo 3 has a steady 250k users on at any given time.

COD4 is about 75k,

Halo 3 is dead to me, its just not fun. In myopinion, anyway

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

to me it's dead. its just not fun to play anymore.FlawlessSeasons

I 100% agree with this statement even though i still play it sometimes because i need to get new games but halo 3 being honest without going on a hate speech just doesnt add enough new to a next gen version of a game to make it fun i mean it has great things like forge but forge isnt that good when there is about 4 good maps and two of them are supposed to be remakes from Halo 2. In my opinon that is why i would rather play other games and cant wait until i get Call of duty 4 and Assassins Creed

dangerd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dangerd0g
Member since 2007 • 239 Posts
i dont think that it is dead. after the holidays are over and all the big game companies stop producing games so quickly everyone will have nothing to play and switch back to halo 3. right now everyone is playing CoD4 just give it a couple more months and people will be board with it and switch back to halo.
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Well the only reason people play Halo 3 is because its easier to get into. The reason why they didn't add recoil to most of the guns and u can jump and snipe? To me Halo 3= Noob FPS. Its not a fast paced game as Unreal Tournament, Its not Tactical game like Rainbow Six and its certaintly not a good all around shooter like Counter-Strike. You simply can't assume that just because your ranked 50 in Team Slayer and have a mentailty cause your good at Halo that you will be good at all fps. Chances are that you leave Halo 3 that you will find out how a big noob you really are. Oh and Game informer gave COD4 10 while they gave Halo 3 a 9.5. I don't think Halo 3 will never die as long as there are casual gamers.
lt_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lt_04
Member since 2004 • 210 Posts
It's not DEAD to say, I was on last night and there was 404,000 users online haha. But it has lost it's excitement alot, not because its a short-lived game, but because everyone has played it soooooooo much since it came out, got to lv 45 or higher and have really high ranks.The maps arn't the greatest either, alotof them suck and are boring to play on for the 300th time each. Like some maps never get boring (The Pit, Gaurdian, Sandtrap), while others are extremely boring now (Snowbound, Narrows, Valhalla). Once the new maps come out for it andbungie starts to add-on to the gametypes, it will be fun again.MetalGearGhOsT

I agree with u on that
UrNameInBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 UrNameInBlood
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts
halo died 2 weeks after it came out
dangerd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dangerd0g
Member since 2007 • 239 Posts

Well the only reason people play Halo 3 is because its easier to get into. The reason why they didn't add recoil to most of the guns and u can jump and snipe? To me Halo 3= Noob FPS. Its not a fast paced game as Unreal Tournament, Its not Tactical game like Rainbow Six and its certaintly not a good all around shooter like Counter-Strike. You simply can't assume that just because your ranked 50 in Team Slayer and have a mentailty cause your good at Halo that you will be good at all fps. Chances are that you leave Halo 3 that you will find out how a big noob you really are. Oh and Game informer gave COD4 10 while they gave Halo 3 a 9.5. I don't think Halo 3 will never die as long as there are casual gamers.Wezker619

Yeah i guess that he is right but it is still a fun game in my opinion