Guitar hero 3 Or Rock Band?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
I'm tired of everyone saying rock band is better then gh2. its not. the equipment break so easily, and the guitar is no fun to play, the only good thing about it is the drums, but they break so easily. does anyone agree with me or am i the only one
Teppe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Teppe2k
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
It's simple. If you have friends, Rockband. If you dont, Guitar Hero.
Broc_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Broc_Samson
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts

It's simple. If you have friends, Rockband. If you dont, Guitar Hero.Teppe2k

Money plays a big factor.

Teppe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Teppe2k
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

[QUOTE="Teppe2k"]It's simple. If you have friends, Rockband. If you dont, Guitar Hero.Broc_Samson

Ofcourse, but since the topic is "Guitar hero 3 Or Rock Band?!?" i assumed he could afford it.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
and space too, Rock Band takes up a lot of it.
saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 saiyanlarry
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts
get the **** outa here troll. rock band is way better than guitar hero.
Broc_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Broc_Samson
[QUOTE="Broc_Samson"]

[QUOTE="Teppe2k"]It's simple. If you have friends, Rockband. If you dont, Guitar Hero.Teppe2k

Ofcourse, but since the topic is "Guitar hero 3 Or Rock Band?!?" i assumed he could afford it.

Fair enough. I honestly like Rock Band better but the hardware is more reliable for Guitar Hero 3 and it is much cheaper. If you don't have alot of money and want Rock Band I would suggest waiting for a price drop and forthe next wave of non-faulty hardware to hit the stores.

saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 saiyanlarry
the hardware is more reliable?? how the **** do you know? have you heard of peoples guitars breaking? lets see activision make a drum peripheral and see how well it holds up. ive never heard of a rock band guitar breaking, and thats the only thing that comes with gh3.
Broc_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Broc_Samson

the hardware is more reliable?? how the **** do you know? have you heard of peoples guitars breaking? lets see activision make a drum peripheral and see how well it holds up. ive never heard of a rock band guitar breaking, and thats the only thing that comes with gh3.saiyanlarry

Whoa slow down there cowboy. We don't want a flame war starting and yes my cousin's guitar stopped working the first week he had it. The down strum function stopped working and when I looked it up it was the number one faulty function. This was one week after Christmas... later his Drum foot peddle stopped responding as often as it should have. The only guitar hero guitars that I know of that broke are guitars that have been completely destroyed by people who have played Expert like ten times.

saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 saiyanlarry
yea...sure. when gh3 came out there were threads everywhere about how some of the fret buttons flat out didnt work or how the whammy bar had no response. now ive never had a problem with any of my guitar hero guitars (i own both gh 2 and 3 and play on expert all the time) nor my rock band peripherals (i play guitar and drums both on expert). maybe if youre careful with your stuff either one will work just fine. but if youre not gonna be careful with it ive heard more complaints about the guitar hero peripherals, 'cowboy'.
Broc_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Broc_Samson

yea...sure. when gh3 came out there were threads everywhere about how some of the fret buttons flat out didnt work or how the whammy bar had no response. now ive never had a problem with any of my guitar hero guitars (i own both gh 2 and 3 and play on expert all the time) nor my rock band peripherals (i play guitar and drums both on expert). maybe if youre careful with your stuff either one will work just fine. but if youre not gonna be careful with it ive heard more complaints about the guitar hero peripherals, 'cowboy'.saiyanlarry

I am simply speaking from personal experience. And really don't understand the unnessecary hostility since I was in no way bashing Rock Band. Infact I said I like it more.

saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 saiyanlarry
sorry im not trying to be hostile, just trying to stop the BS from spreading and trying to share some truth. considering the TC said "I'm tired of people saying rock band is better than gh2. its not.", im pretty sure that set the stage for a flame war. (btw TC, there is a gh3 out now, if you wanna get with the times.). the fact is rock band is a way more fun and more fullfiling experience than guitar hero is. and theres no proof to say that guitar hero peripherals are more reliable than rock band peripherals (from my personal experience neither is non-reliable. maybe the 12 year olds need to stop bashing on the buttons.) rock band features wayyyyy better graphics/presentation and its like having guitar hero PLUS drum hero and vocal hero all in one.
Carpe_Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Carpe_Noctum
Member since 2002 • 1369 Posts

[QUOTE="Teppe2k"]It's simple. If you have friends, Rockband. If you dont, Guitar Hero.Broc_Samson

And that sums it up. Cash and friends. They are both ok games, get what fits you.

aco512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aco512
Member since 2006 • 555 Posts

i completely agree with everything sayainlarry said

even if you don't have any friends

RB (imo) is still superior to GH3

especially when it come to live

Broc_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Broc_Samson

sorry im not trying to be hostile, just trying to stop the BS from spreading and trying to share some truth. considering the TC said "I'm tired of people saying rock band is better than gh2. its not.", im pretty sure that set the stage for a flame war. (btw TC, there is a gh3 out now, if you wanna get with the times.). the fact is rock band is a way more fun and more fullfiling experience than guitar hero is. and theres no proof to say that guitar hero peripherals are more reliable than rock band peripherals (from my personal experience neither is non-reliable. maybe the 12 year olds need to stop bashing on the buttons.) rock band features wayyyyy better graphics/presentation and its like having guitar hero PLUS drum hero and vocal hero all in one.saiyanlarry

If that didn't happen to my cousin we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. The only reason I bought GH3 instead of Rock Band was because of the price tag. I had a 50 dollar gift card so GH3 was only like 40 bucks. I would hardly play either though because all of my friends are sick of the genre already :?

saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 saiyanlarry
so we've summed up the problem. IF YOU'RE POOR BUY GUITAR HERO. IF YOU HAVE MONEY BUY ROCK BAND. that's pretty much what everyone else is saying...