GTA IV problem... please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manhunt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 manhunt92
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts

ok, so I only have like a week with my xbox 360, and my only game is GTA. Just now, it was running well. But while the game was playing I switched the xbox from horizontal to verrical, only ti hear a strange sund inside. Whats my suprise? well GTA wont start, the initial screen appears after that, and then nothin. The xbox is still working fine, but I found the disc does have a little scatch , so I don't know if thats he cause but please I need help, can I return it back for a new one??? man the game only cost 30 bucks for me, it was in sale, and now thissss!! why??????

Champ721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Champ721
Member since 2005 • 1978 Posts
Oh, God, don't tell me you actually switched the 360's position while it was running a disc...that pretty much a guarantee way to scratch your discs. If you're going to change the position of your Xbox, do it while it's off. Just to be sure, take the disc out anyway. But you're probably screwed right now with your GTA disc.
Son_WuKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Son_WuKong
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

NO! Wait. If you have switched your XBox's position while playing you may not be completely ruined for good.

The disk is definitely going to get scratched. (I bought a brand new copy of GTA IV and turned my Xbox upside down!) However, I have completed the entire game without having a freeze or any other problem what-so-ever.

Now to get to the point, Your disk may have a chance of coming back, what you need to do is find out if it is a GASH, or a scratch on your GTA IV disk, if it is a scratch, you have hope. A gash, I have no resolution for. A scratched disk usually can not read because the information on the small silver film covering with the information on it is either bunched or scraped up. You will need to clean the disk with either a special solution you can find at Wal-Mart commonly known as CD cleaner, or you can use regular old RUBBING ALCOHOL.Make sure to use a soft cloth, and rubbing alcohol, or cd cleaner when cleaning your disk, because both can be powerful chemical strippers if applied at a high concentration or applied with too much force.

I hope this helps you out.

Son_WuKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Son_WuKong
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
It may seem that way, but I wouldn't take that as the final answer. In any case, it is a possibility that it's ruined forever, but he should still clean his disk anyway.
manhunt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 manhunt92

Well thanks for the help, anyway I think I' tru to return it back for a new copy. BUt I learned the lesson>+ I will never, NEVER d that again... and what's GASH?

cluelesspug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 cluelesspug
Member since 2007 • 3398 Posts

NEVER MOVE YOUR XBOX WHILE PLAYING IT!!!!

I accidentally knocked mine over when I was playing it and it scratched it and it wouldn't work. The best thing you can do is to take it to a local video game store and see if they can buff out the scratch. That's what I did, and it worked for a day or two then it broke again.

So take it into a video game store and see if they can buff out the scratch. If it doesn't work after that, take it in one more time. If it doesn't work after that, buy a new GTA 4 disc. That's all the advice I can give, sorry.

manhunt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 manhunt92
chaoscar or whatever, your funny :) I bet you wouldn't say that to me in my face