• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xhLtmanx
Member since 2007 • 728 Posts

OK well first of let me tell you people that i am 15 years old. And i asked my dad if i could get this game but as soon as i sed grrand theft, he says no.

But the thing is,is that hes the one who bought me vice city when i was like 10, and my mom threw a fit about it and my dad never noticed ( theyre divoriced ).

But now im 15 and he wont let me have it? My mom, being the best person she is, caved in and preordered it, but i cant have it around my dad. so heres my question..

Whats so bad about this game that makes it epiliptic and for mature ppl only that i couldnt handle? He lets me c rated r movies no prob with nudity and more than this game will ever have

PS: dont even hate on me cuz im 15, im not the annoying lil 12 yearolds u all hate, hell i hate their chipmonk voices

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xhLtmanx

sorry for the story, jsut giving u my situation...

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
good, we need more parents like your mom and dad. Wait until you are old enough, kids getting games before they are old enough is why this industry is being demonized. If all parents were as responsible as yours we wouldn't have senate hearings, politicians, and jack thompson all over us all the time.
xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xhLtmanx
this is waht i hate, why u hatin on me? its not like im gonna run over strippers or go on a freaking rampage. im most def mature enough for this game
LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 LAZZOR
Member since 2006 • 5000 Posts

Ok, well first off let me tell you people that I am 15 years old and I asked my dad if I could get this game but as soon as I said "grand theft" he said no.

The thing is that he's the one who bought me Vice City when I was like 10 and my mom threw a fit about it but my dad never noticed ( they're divoriced ).

Now I'm 15 and he won't let me have it. My mom being the best person she is, caved in and pre-ordered it but I can't have it around my dad so here's my question..

What's so bad about this game that makes it epiliptic and for mature people only that I couldn't handle? He lets me see rated r movies no problem with more nudity than this game will probably have.

PS: Don't even hate on me because I'm 15 and I'm not one of those annoying little 12 year olds you all hate. Hell I hate their chipmonk voices.

xhLtmanx

I don't mean to be a grammar nazi but I seriously had to fix that.

Anyways it's your parents choice on what to buy you. Just grow up and accept that fact that the game is rated M for mature.

EDIT: Stop being so comma happy. Geez I've edited this thing like 3 times already.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mfp16

this is waht i hate, why u hatin on me? its not like im gonna run over strippers or go on a freaking rampage. im most def mature enough for this gamexhLtmanx

since you are so mature, you should probably use that time to study for your english class.

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Yeah it's a funny thing about GTA. My mom didn't want me getting GTA 4 but I can buy any other M rated game I want, even Saint's Row. Which is just as bad in terms of sexuality and violence. The thing is GTA has gotten so much publicity over the years everyone knows about it. Well I'll be 17 anyway when GTA 4 comes out so I'll be getting it on my own.
djburnzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 djburnzy1
Member since 2008 • 496 Posts

LAZZOR your a legend. I wouldnt have been able to read that normally.

And I agree with everyone else when I say that there are classifications for a reason. You stick to you G & PG games until your old enough to handle the heavy stuff. Or at least until your parents think so.

LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LAZZOR

LAZZOR your a legend. I wouldnt have been able to read that normally.

And I agree with everyone else when I say that there are classifications for a reason. You stick to you G & PG games until your old enough to handle the heavy stuff. Or at least until your parents think so.

djburnzy1

I don't care if you're joking I'm sigging that.

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xhLtmanx

AN SOMEONE JUSTANSWER MY QUESTION?

WHATS BAD ABOUT THIS GAME?

LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LAZZOR

[QUOTE="grunt1096"]Yeah it's a funny thing about GTA. My mom didn't want me getting GTA 4 but I can buy any other M rated game I want, even Saint's Row. Which is just as bad in terms of sexuality and violence. The thing is GTA has gotten so much publicity over the years everyone knows about it. Well I'll be 17 anyway when GTA 4 comes out so I'll be getting it on my own.xhLtmanx

Yeah I know GTA did get bad publicity and for you nigs above, it's the freaking internet and new age. Type how you want to. This isn't some report for English class. I'm already getting it, it's just that I can't have it around my dad...

1. Learn proper sentence structure.
  2. Don't be a racist just because someone corrected you're bad gramma and spelling.
  3. It's spelled "English".
  4. If you're already getting the game what are you complaining about then?

The game is rated M for Mature because it has violence, sex, and all that adult goodness that comes with a game titled "Grand Theft Auto". Gang violence? Check. Drugs? Check. Dumping bodies in the back of a car?Check.

bedram793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#13 bedram793
Member since 2006 • 1741 Posts
That doesn't make sense. You can see rated R movies with nudity, but can't play a game with pixelized nudity?
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts

xhLtmanx

What's bad about it? The fact you can kill any one walking on the street, it has drugs, sex, violence, the whole nine yards. GTA is a Mature game to the max. That's whats "bad" about it.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mfp16

xhLtmanx

violence, adult language, sex, drug use, and general adult themes... In other words an adult game - If your parents don't want you to have it then there must be a reason. Considering that they already said no I don't think that some random guys opinion on a video game forum will change their minds.

Wii60Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wii60Joe
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts

[QUOTE="grunt1096"]Yeah it's a funny thing about GTA. My mom didn't want me getting GTA 4 but I can buy any other M rated game I want, even Saint's Row. Which is just as bad in terms of sexuality and violence. The thing is GTA has gotten so much publicity over the years everyone knows about it. Well I'll be 17 anyway when GTA 4 comes out so I'll be getting it on my own.xhLtmanx

Yea i know GTA did get bad publicity.

And for u nigs above, its the freaking internet and the new age. type how u want, this isnt some report for enlgish class.

But im already getting it, its just i cant have it around my dad..

Nigs? WoW ur mature

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xhLtmanx
[QUOTE="xhLtmanx"]

[QUOTE="grunt1096"]Yeah it's a funny thing about GTA. My mom didn't want me getting GTA 4 but I can buy any other M rated game I want, even Saint's Row. Which is just as bad in terms of sexuality and violence. The thing is GTA has gotten so much publicity over the years everyone knows about it. Well I'll be 17 anyway when GTA 4 comes out so I'll be getting it on my own.LAZZOR

Yeah I know GTA did get bad publicity and for you nigs above, it's the freaking internet and new age. Type how you want to. This isn't some report for English class. I'm already getting it, it's just that I can't have it around my dad...

1. Learn proper sentece structure.
  2. Don't be a racist just because someone corrected you're bad gramma and spelling.

[/QUOTE

Too bad i spelled english right?

and ifcould actually read my post, i said " im getting the game, but my dad wont let me. So im getting i from my mom"

Whats so bad about this game that i cant have it around my dads place? jees nerd

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

Yeah it's a funny thing about GTA. My mom didn't want me getting GTA 4 but I can buy any other M rated game I want, even Saint's Row. Which is just as bad in terms of sexuality and violence. The thing is GTA has gotten so much publicity over the years everyone knows about it. Well I'll be 17 anyway when GTA 4 comes out so I'll be getting it on my own.grunt1096

Yeah same here. My parents never had a problem buying me M-Rated games. They knew I wouldn't go on a real life rampage. Anyway maybe that's what your father fears.

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xhLtmanx
[QUOTE="xhLtmanx"]

mfp16

violence, adult language, sex, drug use, and general adult themes... In other words an adult game - If your parents don't want you to have it then there must be a reason. Considering that they already said no I don't think that some random guys opinion on a video game forum will change their minds.

Well i'd like to thank you for answering it; and for the hundreth time im getting it from my mom not dad. But thank you,case closed.

LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LAZZOR
[QUOTE="LAZZOR"][QUOTE="xhLtmanx"]

[/QUOTE

and ifcould actually read my post, i said " im getting the game, but my dad wont let me. So im getting i from my mom"

Whats so bad about this game that i cant have it around my dads place? jees nerd

Does it really matter who you're getting if from as long you get it?

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xhLtmanx
feel ya toriko and tree. I have other M rated games too, just this not this one, yet; not till the 29 :)
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mfp16

[QUOTE="mfp16"]good, we need more parents like your mom and dad. Wait until you are old enough, kids getting games before they are old enough is why this industry is being demonized. If all parents were as responsible as yours we wouldn't have senate hearings, politicians, and jack thompson all over us all the time.Toriko42
Shut up, just because you're 'older' then us doesn't give you the right to look down your nose at us and feel all mighty. What did you do when you weren't 17? Or are you so old that when you were 15 you didn't have a ratings system.

Either way there is sadly one way and only one way around this. Just listen to your parents I guess but you know if you keep asking they'll let you get it exactly. Explain the game to your dad maybe or better yet compare it to games you already own. I'm 15 myself and have owned every GTA game (GTA and GTA II included).

Shut Up? no thanks... this is a forum, a place to express opinions on gaming. I will do so as I feel.

When you get "older" you will probably be a little bit more mature and worldly and will understand why children playing adult games is bad for the industry in general.

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xhLtmanx
[QUOTE="xhLtmanx"][QUOTE="LAZZOR"][QUOTE="xhLtmanx"]

[QUOTE="grunt1096"]Yeah it's a funny thing about GTA. My mom didn't want me getting GTA 4 but I can buy any other M rated game I want, even Saint's Row. Which is just as bad in terms of sexuality and violence. The thing is GTA has gotten so much publicity over the years everyone knows about it. Well I'll be 17 anyway when GTA 4 comes out so I'll be getting it on my own.LAZZOR

[/QUOTE

OK heres my problem man. My mom and dad have been divoriced since i was 2. My mom is planning on moving this summer and is going to live with her friend. due to insufficiant spac at her friends, im going to haveto live with my dad...

LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LAZZOR
[QUOTE="LAZZOR"][QUOTE="xhLtmanx"][QUOTE="LAZZOR"][QUOTE="xhLtmanx"]

[/QUOTE

OK heres my problem man. My mom and dad have been divoriced since I was 2 and my mom is planning on moving this summer. She's going to live with her friend and due to insufficiant space at her friends, I'm going to have to live with my dad...

In that case you have two options. Whine to your dad until he caves or take it from your mom and hide it in your room. That way you can play it when he's not around.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mfp16

OK heres my problem man. My mom and dad have been divoriced since i was 2. My mom is planning on moving this summer and is going to live with her friend. due to insufficiant spac at her friends, im going to haveto live with my dad...

xhLtmanx

Why not stop trying to get around your dad's rules and live with the fact that he has your best interest at heart.

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xhLtmanx

yeah i dont whine to my parents.....

he just doesnt like the fact im buying it with my own money and what not. once i tell him it was a b-day present, its all good nucka

booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts

Talk to your dad about it,don't come on gamespot thinking that all questions are going to be answered.

MVfalcons83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 MVfalcons83
Member since 2007 • 3515 Posts
im 14 and im getting it
LAZZOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LAZZOR

Talk to your dad about it,don't come on gamespot thinking that all questions are going to be answered.

booomer69

He's right. Most of them will be ignored and the text will be edited by people who are really bored.

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xhLtmanx

well my question was whats so bad about this game? but no1 seemed to really answer thtat but to only continue blaming bout my age n to stay awaay from this game

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#32 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="mfp16"]good, we need more parents like your mom and dad. Wait until you are old enough, kids getting games before they are old enough is why this industry is being demonized. If all parents were as responsible as yours we wouldn't have senate hearings, politicians, and jack thompson all over us all the time.mfp16

Shut up, just because you're 'older' then us doesn't give you the right to look down your nose at us and feel all mighty. What did you do when you weren't 17? Or are you so old that when you were 15 you didn't have a ratings system.

Either way there is sadly one way and only one way around this. Just listen to your parents I guess but you know if you keep asking they'll let you get it exactly. Explain the game to your dad maybe or better yet compare it to games you already own. I'm 15 myself and have owned every GTA game (GTA and GTA II included).

Shut Up? no thanks... this is a forum, a place to express opinions on gaming. I will do so as I feel.

When you get "older" you will probably be a little bit more mature and worldly and will understand why children playing adult games is bad for the industry in general.

I understand why it's bad, but does it really matter. Politicians haven't been able to do anything but scare our parents. If you have intelligent parents they should be able to see through this 'propaganda'.

Luckily in my case I have parents who believe in artistic freedom
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mfp16

I understand why it's bad, but does it really matter. Politicians haven't been able to do anything but scare our parents. If you have intelligent parents they should be able to see through this 'propaganda'.

Toriko42

Yes it does matter, the Manhunt controversy cause a watered down version of it to be put on retail shelves. If kids weren't going to get their hands on the game no one would have cared and we would have been able to play the game as intended.

xhLtmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xhLtmanx
[QUOTE="mfp16"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="mfp16"]good, we need more parents like your mom and dad. Wait until you are old enough, kids getting games before they are old enough is why this industry is being demonized. If all parents were as responsible as yours we wouldn't have senate hearings, politicians, and jack thompson all over us all the time.Toriko42

Thats rad

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#35 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]

mfp16

Yes it does matter, the Manhunt controversy cause a watered down version of it to be put on retail shelves. If kids weren't going to get their hands on the game no one would have cared and we would have been able to play the game as intended.

Yeah but what are you going to do, turn M rated games into the same level as pornography? I can go buy an R rated movie at any store in Canada without any trouble or questioning. I can buy a CD that says parental advisory. Remember when CDs had a huge contreversy and people tried to ban them, Judas Priest anyone? Video games are like that today. The way I see it in a decade the rating system will be obselete just like the CD parental advisory sticker.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts
Just tell him it isn't the GTA like before... this GTA is "GTA Trial"... tell him the story of Jack Thompson, open a few links to prove that he is crazily upsessed with getting GTA banned... then hit him with the lie... say "Well in this game... you take people to trial and blame everything they do on GTA... you play as Jack Thompson... your first goal is to find a client of some crazy horrible crime... then you make them get in front of a judge and tell the court that "GTA made them do it"..." tell him it is a good. safe, child friendly, christian game...
gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts
Poor grammar and the general immaturity displayed (by TC) should show reason enough why your parents have the right to refuse to buy you this game.
MM87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MM87
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
Apparently you're father has a problem with you GTA character having sex with hookers and then killing them and getting your money back.
To_Ashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 To_Ashes
Member since 2006 • 549 Posts
Well, since you are under the age of getting an "M" rated title. You're also not going to be able to take control of this... Its life and sometimes you just need for it to take a turn.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

this is getting annoying. when i was 15 i had no problem buying games that what were rated "M" for mature. wanna know why? because my father knew i wasn't the type to become so easily influenced by something like a video game or a movie. hell..my first video game was castle of wolftensten back on the PC and then my father brought me the first 2 doom's. both of those games had tons of blood and gore and while i was in love with the game and playing it non-stop at the age of 5-10..i never went completely insane. my mother was sort of like those parents who just sit and read articles on how video games are destroying your kids and crap like that. i remember when i wanted to buy max payne 2 and she asked if this game was right for me and after a short talk she handed me the money for the game.

times have changed alot in the world since then.now anyone who sells an M rated game to a minor will be charged and can go to jail. all you kids that are expecting to walk into your local gamestop and ask for GTA4 will be in for a huge suprised.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

good, we need more parents like your mom and dad. Wait until you are old enough, kids getting games before they are old enough is why this industry is being demonized. If all parents were as responsible as yours we wouldn't have senate hearings, politicians, and jack thompson all over us all the time.mfp16

I agree with this guy.

Cujo31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Cujo31
Member since 2002 • 2884 Posts
I dont even need to read what anyone has posted on this forum....these M rated games are made for 17+ gamers....period. Get over it and wait till you are old enough...whats the big deal? Rules are rules...if you dont like them what the hell is the point in having laws and rules then? Just my 2 cents...argue with me all you want...I wont say anything back...even if you try to reason.
Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
hey GTA is great, all of them, but no, i dun think its your time to play something like that yet. It would be like to say you are too young to watch porn, im not even talking about softcore nudity.
tbarbuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tbarbuch
Member since 2004 • 652 Posts

Honestly, spend more time in school improving your English.

You will understand why your parents act this way when you are older.

leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts
say people in Australia can have this game when there 15
getrdun118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 getrdun118
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts
dudes everyone has there oppinion if you want to play it and your mom says its ok then play it. just dont do it around your dad if he doesnt want you to. everyone is going to give you a different oppinion and nobodies to say what is wrong or right and by the way the goverment peeps are a bunch of f in morons anyways
leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts

say people in Australia can have this game when there 15leperphiliac

Yeah, we are very well behaved8)

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

rated "M" for mature because of: Intense Violence, Blood And Gore, Partial Nudity, Strong Sexual Content, Strong Language, Use Of Drugs and Alcohol, and Suggestive Themes.

Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
Umm I want to know what epilepsy has to do with anything?
Pit_italy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pit_italy
Member since 2005 • 965 Posts
wow, why is everybody flaming the boy? Gamespot used to be a better place once ...