GTA 4.....Your opinion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr-Elijo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr-Elijo
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
GTA 4 was no doubt the most anticipating wait anybody has had to do for a game..but I want to know if you guys think it was worth it. I know I certainly didn't....I thought the game was stupid compared to the other Grand Theft Auto games.
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
I mean I guess it was worth it... the singler player was pretty good just when u finish it lol.. and I thought the online was gonna be alot better
Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

Meh, it's not that interesting or fun. It's actually become a chore to play those last 10 missions or so.

I mean, it started off bad but got good for a while.

idiot_1884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 idiot_1884
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

I think its great, definatly worth the money. I think they tried to make it to realistic and the keeping up with your friends definatly got boring. I was expecting something revolutionary with the online, but I can look past that. All in all it is a great game, especially once you beat it and start using the cheats.

Put your gamertag here too.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
It was great and I can't wait for the next one

I hope they tweak the multiplayer and also give the SP more of an upgrade back to it's last generation days.
McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 McMurmur
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
It just seems like there's very little to do outside of missions. And if there are activities, they're somehow connected to a character from the story line rather than something that feels like a product of the free roam environment. Where are the burgulary activities I could take up any evening? Why can't I take the ice cream truck sell some "ice cream" whenever I feel like it? Having certain gangs dislike and having to tread lightly in certain areas of town. Must it be so limited in IV? I understand that they had hoped to create a more story-driven experience, but not when it means frequent and repetitive outings ("Wanna shoot some pool?") and a neutered amount of activities to undertake in the city. It's a beautiful, massive game world that feels utterly empty at times...something I had never felt with any other GTA.
Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

The missions bored me so much, really repetitive stuff and also rockstar took out the flying big aeroplanes and army tanks which i thought wasnt a smart move by them.

Mr-Elijo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Mr-Elijo
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

It just seems like there's very little to do outside of missions. And if there are activities, they're somehow connected to a character from the story line rather than something that feels like a product of the free roam environment. Where are the burgulary activities I could take up any evening? Why can't I take the ice cream truck sell some "ice cream" whenever I feel like it? Having certain gangs dislike and having to tread lightly in certain areas of town. Must it be so limited in IV? I understand that they had hoped to create a more story-driven experience, but not when it means frequent and repetitive outings ("Wanna shoot some pool?") and a neutered amount of activities to undertake in the city. It's a beautiful, massive game world that feels utterly empty at times...something I had never felt with any other GTA.McMurmur

Yeah man I agree

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I love it and think it's great, I think the ones who 'hate' it just got their hopes up to high but that happens with any big release
RD1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 RD1109
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about. GTA IV is the best thing since Gears Of War. The online is great. Try playing for more than twenty minutes.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I love it, the only thing that annoys me are the pigeons....so many of them.
MikeJones133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MikeJones133
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

I mean I guess it was worth it... the singler player was pretty good just when u finish it lol.. and I thought the online was gonna be alot betterAkm4everz

yer the online kinda sucks.

lilmcnessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lilmcnessy
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
They should of added missions where "you" perform a driveby and shoot at enemies like you did in san andreas
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

I thought it was briliant by far one of the best games on the console, the story did get a bit "oh god not another one" about half way through but a quick break for a few days and I was ready for more :) it did kind of take itself a litte too seriously at times though and I didnt realy like how it just left niko completely screwed over with not enough real closure to his story line (far as Im concerned) but hey I'm sure a dlc episode could sort that

the multiplayer however was crap. Matchmaking is pot luck and you get a lot of players who want nothing more than to annoy you and they have a very easy time doing it, specially in races where you get lil f***'s who just turn round and ram oncomming drivers thus ruining the only online mode i liked grr

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

Haven't played much of it. It's a good time waster when you're bored.

Can't get addicted to it or anything though.

Zoldaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Zoldaire
Member since 2005 • 154 Posts
The game tended to be a bit of a dissappointment to me. I was really hoping there would be something else to do outside of missions. Activities were there, but there wasn't a lot to do once you finished mastering all of them. The mission were nice and story in on itself was good, but money had no use in the game. Before I left the first Island, I already had bought all weapons and maxed their ammunition and then I just didn't find any meaning for money after that. I was really hoping there would be some apartments or buildings to buy, but you just got them from your friends in the story, you didn't have to buy any of them. But it wasn't a waste of money, oh no. The game was a really good game, but I like San Andreas more cause there is a lot more to do in that game.
him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts
My GOTY... and I played a LOT of games
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Its one of my favorite games that have come out so far.
Goldrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Goldrock
Member since 2004 • 454 Posts

gta 4 has actually got one of smoothest and best storylines out of all 4 of them i like it voice acting and everything is great lost and the damned is great too cant wait till the next episode.

fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts

I hated it when i played it when it first came out...i found it totally boring, the missions were all the same and if you fail you have to restart all over.

I recently came back to it and I'm finding it ok, but I find it so hard to get any fun out of it, the missions are just not fun IMO. I doubt I will ever finish it...

Iqen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Iqen
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
I found GTA 4 to be a mediocre game where it's missions are extremely dull. Running and driving around is pretty fun at the start, but can be quite boring after some time. Background graphics are okay, but character graphics are just terrible. GTA 4 is highly overrated, possibly the most overrated game of all time.
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
Vice City was the best one, after that it got kinda boring. Same ****
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

I don't like it at all, it's very repetitive, the performance is horrible and the graphics are just a blurry mess.

It's simply just not fun to play at all, which is the most important thing about games imo.

San Andreas is miles better imo.

fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts

I don't like it at all, it's very repetitive, the performance is horrible and the graphics are just a blurry mess.

It's simply just not fun to play at all, which is the most important thing about games imo.

San Andreas is miles better imo.

dsgsdfgf
Basically my view...
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts
i love gta 4, the only problem i have with the game is its not as fun to control then the other gta games
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

GTA 4 was no doubt the most anticipating wait anybody has had to do for a game..but I want to know if you guys think it was worth it. I know I certainly didn't....I thought the game was stupid compared to the other Grand Theft Auto games.Mr-Elijo

I didnt anticipate GTA 4, so dont say anybody ;)

i--Ki1l--U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 i--Ki1l--U
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts
Dunno-well i think it definitely is considering that it is quite cheap now ; D
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts
You can read my review to see my in depth thoughts. But basically I thought it was a solid game and one of the best of the year, but not innovative at all. If the next GTA game doesn't add some substantial new elements to the series, then it will feel old and stale. To me, GTA 4 was as good, but didn't adavance the series much at all. In fact, you could argue San Andreas advanced the series more than GTA 4. When you consider that GTA 4 is on the next gen consoles, and compare it to the games of the previous gen, then you can see there really wasn't much improbement or bar raising done.
manjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 manjo
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
GTA4 is extremely fun until you beat the game and multiplayer can be really fun ONLY if your playing with friends. Otherwise it's really annoying and stupid.
Djdiddles77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#31 Djdiddles77
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts
I am a big GTA fan but this one was meh! I thought it lacked a lot of things!! I still liked it but not as good as I was hoping!