GTA 4 Ending... Seriously?? *spoilers*

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts

Is there another ending to this game? I just completed the story mode but is there a different ending to the game once you get 100% complete?? I purchased that game on it's launch date and just beat it 2 days ago b/c at times it felt like a chore to do some of the missions. I just played and beatother games that were fun and a lot less reptitive (including Saints Row 2). Is it me or are a good 80% of the missions just driving somewhereto kill someone?? I did enjoy 4 Leaf Clover, though. But the ending was LAME!! How can some of you consider the game a 10/10 with an ending like that? Please tell me how you can justify a game being perfect withthe corny ending gta4 had. I was extremely disappointed in this game as a whole. On the other hand, Saints Row 2 disappointed me in very few areas...

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Oh well. Essentially what you are saying is that there is something within you that prevents you from enjoying what GTA IV has to offer, the same way there is something within me (let's call it good taste) that prevents me from liking Saints Row 2. Also there are two endings I believe, for GTA IV.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

There are 2 endings... One where you get revenge... and Kate dies... the other where you take the deal... and Roman dies...

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sourcerah

There are 2 endings... One where you get revenge... and Kate dies... the other where you take the deal... and Roman dies...

Squeets
I think it's the other way around b/c I took the money and Roman got killed. But that's not what I meant. I meant other than those endings. I did not consider those endings b/c that did not occur at the end of the game. Me killing Demitri with Little Jacob was my last mission. I would like to see Kate die though. I hope I saved the mission before that so I can see both of them.

Oh well. Essentially what you are saying is that there is something within you that prevents you from enjoying what GTA IV has to offer, the same way there is something within me (let's call it good taste) that prevents me from liking Saints Row 2. Also there are two endings I believe, for GTA IV.

Large_Soda
What does gtaIV's ending have to offer?? Please enlighten me. I killed Darko and that was corny, too... He spent all this game searching for him just for that lame cut scene?? Funny how you never commented on 80%+ of the missions where you drive somewhere in the city to kill someone... That is EXACTLY what this game OFFERS you 80%+ of the time. You also never commented on the ending? Did you actually believe that was a quality ending? LOL @ your good taste!!
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
no, squeets is right. you do the deal and roman dies. btw gta iv is amazing and if you dont like it im truly sorry because i love it.
Hotwire246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hotwire246
Member since 2004 • 848 Posts
I think it's the other way around b/c I took the money and Roman got killed. sourcerah
Isn't that what he said happened?...
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Terrible story, overall decent game. A 10/10 is a joke though.
TheProtecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheProtecter
Member since 2009 • 715 Posts
It's AT LEAST a 9/10 game.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Great gameplay, great graphics, the story had so much potential but it failed.

Vice City and San Andreas had much better stories, but I guess you cant have everything:-/

Avatar image for 0xxxplayboyxxx0
0xxxplayboyxxx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 0xxxplayboyxxx0
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts

GTA IV; Lamest GTA ever made (except 1 and 2 IMO).

I traded it in, after completing 30% of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="sourcerah"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

I think it's the other way around b/c I took the money and Roman got killed. But that's not what I meant. I meant other than those endings. I did not consider those endings b/c that did not occur at the end of the game. Me killing Demitri with Little Jacob was my last mission. I would like to see Kate die though. I hope I saved the mission before that so I can see both of them.[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]

What does gtaIV's ending have to offer?? Please enlighten me. I killed Darko and that was corny, too... He spent all this game searching for him just for that lame cut scene?? Funny how you never commented on 80%+ of the missions where you drive somewhere in the city to kill someone... That is EXACTLY what this game OFFERS you 80%+ of the time. You also never commented on the ending? Did you actually believe that was a quality ending? LOL @ your good taste!!

Maybe you should just accept that you don't like this game then, I dunno lol.
MrArmageddon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrArmageddon8
Member since 2007 • 6846 Posts

Pick the ending where Roman dies! He is the most annoying character in the history of media.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Yeah the ending was really bad to me,both of them.But then again the whole game was not a prize either..
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#14 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="0xxxplayboyxxx0"]

Never even got the gun yet
DeadlyPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 DeadlyPlatypus
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

I played the Roman-Dies ending. Although the ending was disappointing, I still thouroughly enjoyed the rest of the game.

The 10/10 was well deserved, in my view.

It can be repetetive, yes, but only because the story mode is long. It took me like 40 hours to beat the game. So, on average someone can do like five missions an hour (hard ones). Its only an estimate, but that would mean around 200 missions in the game. Come on! ... how could a developer not make similar missions?

gamer26690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamer26690
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts

0xxxplayboyxxx0
i second that they left out too much from the previous game like planes and the stat building for graphics that are below average. although i did complete the game
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
What was wrong with the ending? :|
Hotwire246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hotwire246
Graphics were below average? Are you BLIND? The graphics were exceptional considering the scale of the game. So much detail in everything. Everything was exceptional about the game, except the ending. But what games have good endings nowadays anyway? Except RPGs. Was a serious improvement on the lacking San Andreas. GTA IV, III and VC > San Andreas
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 II-FBIsniper-II
I'd also like to know which GTA game had a better last mission and ending than GTA IV. If you don't remember them, watch them on Youtube. They were all pretty lame with the exception of Vice City's (which wasn't even that great).
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

Vice City and San Andreas had much better stories, but I guess you cant have everything:-/

Er, Vice City is a story about a Drug Deal gone bad, and San Andreas is a lame ganster story when you go to kill whoever killed your mom... Atleast, thats what I got from it. GTA4's story was great in my opinion. A Story about revenge and redemption.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

IDK how the hell you people can like San Andreas better than GTA IV?:|

nick_manthe

There's just more to do in San Andreas...

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
I agree. I forced myself to play the second half of that boring and repetitive game for a disappointing ending. Seriously, they just rehash that same missions from GTA3-GTA: SA and it still gets good review scores.
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sourcerah

[QUOTE="sourcerah"]Maybe you should just accept that you don't like this game then, I dunno lol.Hotwire246
Actually, I loved the multiplayer. Before Madden came out in August 08, all I played was mp on gta4 and soul calibur 4. I wasn't even in the least bit interested in the single player/story mode, though. It was too much of a chore. I have played and beat all of the gta's (even the older ones for the cpu with the 'bird's eye view'), but this is the only one that bored me. And the ending just made it soo much worse. I still can't believe people have the audacity to give this a 10/10 with an ending like this.

Pick the ending where Roman dies! He is the most annoying character in the history of media.

MrArmageddon8

i did, he pissed me off too. lol
What was wrong with the ending? :|II-FBIsniper-II
What is there to like??

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 II-FBIsniper-II
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]What was wrong with the ending? :|sourcerah
What is there to like??

It closed out the story nicely, the mission was fun, you got to kill one of the biggest jerks in the game, and it took you around the whole city while using almost every gameplay element.
soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts

How could you think the ending was bad? I thought BOTH of them were very exceptional, and very satisfying considering you... ### SPOILER###... kill Dimitri. I loved the game throughly, never got bored, and thought that it deserved a 9.5/10, not a 10 because nothing is " perfect". The graphics were outstanding ( Cmon! Have you seen Liberty City at night?) , the story was probably one of the best on the 360, and the gameplay was pretty darn good.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sourcerah
[QUOTE="sourcerah"][QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"] What is there to like??II-FBIsniper-II
It closed out the story nicely, the mission was fun, you got to kill one of the biggest jerks in the game, and it took you around the whole city while using almost every gameplay element.

It did not close the story out NICELY!! for one, you don't even know what happened to the rest of the people you were doing mission for except for peggorino who was killed by dimitiri. Like what happens with niko and Kate? What about Packie? Brucie? and others i do not feel like typing... #2, if you didn't kill demitri and darko the entire game would fail. How could you look for someone the entire game and NOT find him?? #3 There WAS NOT ANY twists in the plot. It happened exactly like I thought it would after playing 20 minutes of the game. The ending didn't shock or awe me in the least bit.

How could you think the ending was bad? I thought BOTH of them were very exceptional, and very satisfying considering you... ### SPOILER###... kill Dimitri. I loved the game throughly, never got bored, and thought that it deserved a 9.5/10, not a 10 because nothing is " perfect". The graphics were outstanding ( Cmon! Have you seen Liberty City at night?) , the story was probably one of the best on the 360, and the gameplay was pretty darn good.

soufan123
What was exceptional about it?? It was very basic. i do not understand you people. YOU actually think that both the endings were EXCEPTIONAL?? You can not be serious. 4 LEAF CLOVER, now that might be exceptional. The graphics, driving and shooting people @ "Times Square" at night, yes, that's exceptional. But not those endings. Are your standards that low?
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
great ending, 9.5/10
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
well they dont need closure on every person in the game
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Are your standards that low?sourcerah
Im just curious, but what do YOU think is a good ending?
mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

gameplay wise it was one of the best final missions ive ever played. you get to do all the cool things in one mission(drive a chopper,chase someone in a fastboat or bike,shoot, chase someone on foot and car ) as for the story its everyones opinion, i liked it though

PuddinPant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PuddinPant
Member since 2005 • 1607 Posts
Crap, how does he die again? Do you blow his chopper up? I beat this game yesterday. Yesterday was 4/20
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

Morning_Revival

Er, Vice City is a story about a Drug Deal gone bad, and San Andreas is a lame ganster story when you go to kill whoever killed your mom... Atleast, thats what I got from it. GTA4's story was great in my opinion. A Story about revenge and redemption.

Vice City is about building your way from nothing to big ****, much more entertaining than some scrub getting off a boat, running from hiding place to hiding place doing everyones scrub jobs. Revenge and redemption? The whole "mystery event of the past" thing was so anti-climactic it was unreal, cry more Niko, cry more.

(And your dead on on San Andreas, for some reason I was getting it mixed up with another game apparently XD)

StreetRacer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StreetRacer91
Member since 2003 • 622 Posts
GTA4 is amazing and doesn't get the credit it deserves. It feels like playing through a good action movie. Should have won Game of the Year for all the little details it had.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

agreed, I really don't know why I still have the game lol

oliver655321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 oliver655321
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts

Well GTA IV was a great game overall(you steal cars to drive to a certain place to kill someone hence your a hired gun)The story was great because not only was niko an ex soilder but he did a lot of side jobs like sell,smuggle and kill people.There were many choices you could make such as leave dwyane girlfriend alive or dwyane himself.If you didnt like the main story you could play pool,race,playquebo to get certain achivevements.10/10 because the story is awesome and the multiplayer is great and so is the add on.Sure the ending was a little stale but that gves you room to get achievements for your gamerscore.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#39 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Game ended well, the whole part of the game where you confront Darko and take your revenge is well done.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

The extra stuff in San Andreas also gets old,like parachuting off a building.That gets old after the first jump.

nick_manthe

When you compare the activities and features found in GTA:SA and GTA4... then GTA4 seems to lack quite a bit... San Andreas had RPG elements in the game. Building up your character, his rep, appearance, fighting styles, driving skills, shooting skills etc..., more variety of vehicles: Planes, bycicles, hovercrafts, street sweepers, and not only are there more vehicle types, but cars can be modified as well.

the GTA series was popular because of its sandbox mechanic, GTA4 doesn't expand much upon this formula. The little details are cool and interesting, but it's not enough to keep playing with.

I'm sure the entire game was built from the ground up as a next gen title, so I guess it would be more fair to compare GTA4 with GTA3...but that didn't keep me from enjoying San Andreas more.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

I loved GTA4 from start to finish, but I have to admit for a perfect game the ending wasn't up to the standard of the rest of the game but still beter then most games. For em it wasn't just the story but also the controls and physics that made the game 10/10. After finishing GTA4 I got Sr2 and I hated every minute of it, it wasn't nearly as good looking as the first, it wasn't nearly as fun to play and it also played like ****. I consider it a unplayable game after you've experienced GTA4.

Avatar image for Camper_On_Creat
Camper_On_Creat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 Camper_On_Creat
Member since 2005 • 699 Posts

For everyone here who likes awesome video games, take heed tomy message. GTA IV The Lost and Damned was the best entry into the series. Easily one of the best cinematic experiences gaming has to offer. I hated GTA IV as well because of the amount of repitition. But TLAD is all fresh, even the multiplayer is awesome. It would be groundbreaking multiplayer if it did not have the stigma of being DLC. One of my favorite gaming experiences to date. Rockstar really nailed this one.

If you want the whole scoop, copy and paste this link for my review of the game: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftautoivthelostanddamned/player_review.html?id=646423&tag=player-reviews;continue

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Large_Soda

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

sourcerah

I think it's the other way around b/c I took the money and Roman got killed. But that's not what I meant. I meant other than those endings. I did not consider those endings b/c that did not occur at the end of the game. Me killing Demitri with Little Jacob was my last mission. I would like to see Kate die though. I hope I saved the mission before that so I can see both of them.

Large_Soda

GTA IV's ending has to offer whatever it is you want to take from it. If you bought the storyline they came up with and enjoyed the characters then you have the potential to enjoy the ending. I can't sit here and predict what YOU or anyone else will get out of any games story; so asking to be enlightened is out of the question.

As for the "80%+" mission garbage.........well I didn't mind what the missions were in GTA IV, the story was interesting and it kept me wanting to explore and to do the missions, just to see what would happen.

So I guess I would say, yes, the ending was quality in my highly esteemed, sophisticated opinion.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sourcerah
I was being facetious, I didn't actually think that you could "enlighten" me. And what do you mean by "80%+ mission garbage"? Were you playing the same gta4 as the rest of us? Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't 80% of the missions involve driving/running/jogging/flying somewhere to kill someone? How can you like a game that repeats itself so many time??
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sourcerah
[QUOTE="sourcerah"]Are your standards that low?Morning_Revival
Im just curious, but what do YOU think is a good ending?

With the exception of the GTA's, SR's and Gears, I play a lot of fighting and sports games so I may not see as many endings as most. But, to answer your question, I think The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time had a GOOD ending. Unlike gta4's trash conclusion to the game. Wouldn't you agree with my choice??
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Large_Soda

I was being facetious, I didn't actually think that you could "enlighten" me. And what do you mean by "80%+ mission garbage"? Were you playing the same gta4 as the rest of us? Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't 80% of the missions involve driving/running/jogging/flying somewhere to kill someone? How can you like a game that repeats itself so many time??sourcerah

Did you not read what I wrote? The reason I was enjoying the missions, was because the story elements made it intruiging, I was having a great time doing the missions in order to progress the story and since the story was so exciting and well told, the fact that the missions didn't stray to far from one another didn't bother me. Maybe I repeated myself enough times to actually sink in. THAT is how I can like a game like that, as can many other people.

DeadlyPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#47 DeadlyPlatypus
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

Exactly.

Reading the excerpt of a book, do you find yourself having fun? Most often, no.

sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sourcerah
^^^^^ what does that have to do with anything that has been said in this thread???^^^^
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Large_Soda

^^^^^ what does that have to do with anything that has been said in this thread???^^^^sourcerah

Hahahaha. Agreed.

Hotwire246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hotwire246
And obviously Call of Duty's missions are much more varied, and certianly not just shooting everyone you see.