Good, older, cheap 360 games that I may have missed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roflcoptor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roflcoptor1989
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts

Hey guys, I got a 360 about a year and a half ago and got Gears of War, Oblivion, and Saints row with it. I went off to college and did not take my 360 with me but came back for the summer and want to get back into gaming after just drinking all the time. Can you guys recommend me some good, older 360 games that have dropped tremendously in price? I'm thinking of getting lego star wars 2 or dead rising, but would love to hear recommendations from you guys.

Thanks!

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts
The Darkness and Bioshock can both be bought for 15 euros and are brilliant games.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I was just making a list for a future thread/blog of the best deals on games 20-30$ or less.

Take his advice though, you wont go wrong with The Darkness or Bioshock. 2 of my favorites as well. Also check out Hitman:Blood Money, it's older but the Hitman series is sooo fun.

tednacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 tednacho
Member since 2003 • 332 Posts
i really enjoyed ridge racer 6, actually. probably one of the few, but it was pretty fun.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

DEAD RISING!

I bought it a while back, played through it 3 times, and then recently i started it again, only to find i never had the "true ending" and that there was another entire day of gameplay with a proper end boss. It's really tough at first, but reall yfun as you level up.

Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts
Call of Duty 2 is great fun, same with GRAW and GRAW 2. The best older game that is cheap is probably Rainbow Six: Vegas though. You should get that one if you want a good cheap game.
Ventric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ventric
Member since 2008 • 235 Posts
Viva Pinata gets me my fix. Daily.
roflcoptor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roflcoptor1989
Hey Mau, that would definitely be a great idea: a sticky about good games for under 30 bucks. I went out and bought Lego Star Wars II today which I really like. I heard Dead Rising had text problems and many people couldn't read what was being said on the screen so I'm scared to buy it because my TV is from the late 80s and still works fine except on the demo I couldn't read the text. I'll be buying a new TV, which will probably be a 400 dollar Samsung one, in August with my roommate so maybe the text problem won't exist on that TV.
FunkWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 FunkWeasel
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
Why do you need 2 old games? Put the money for both together and buy GTA4. It has as much content as 3 games depending on how much you put in it. My play time is 28 hours and I'm only 49% through the main story.
Avatar image for bigtimegamer413
bigtimegamer413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 bigtimegamer413
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts
Just Cause is a totally unappreciated game. Think GTA with more vehicles, guns, skydiving, planes, and Jungle setting. CoD 2 is also a good pick. If you're into horror games, then Condemned: Criminal Origins is a great one.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Dead Rising is a great game, though if you had text problems with the demo, then avoid it until you get a better TV. There is a lot of stuff to read and you dont want to ruin the experiemce. Besides its already about as cheap as its going to get!!

If you like racing games then take your pick from PGR3, DiRT (awesome rally game), Test Drive Unlimited, Ridge Racer 6 or Forza 2

Crackdown is a lot of fun, both single player and coop. Think Saint's Row, but more futuristic and you can jump up the sides of buildings. I think there is a demo on Live, so you've gotta check this one out.

If you like RPG's then Oblivion will keep you playing for weeks. There is loads of stuff to do, and its entirely up to you if you want to focus on following the main story or just wander off and do your own thing.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#12 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

A lot of 360 games have become sinfully cheap.

PGR3, Ridge Racer 6, Kameo, and PD0 are all $5-$10. One could argue that Perfect Dark 0 is not a good game. I would disagree and say it's well worth $5 if only to see the disturbingly sexual gun reload animations. You can tell someone had a fetish. It's aged, of course, but it's still fun.

PGR4 is also quite cheap - $20 or less in most places. It's a much better game than PGR3 (PGR3, which good, looks awful on an HDTV as it's very upscaled).

The Darkness is about $10. It's got a great story, is brutally violent, and despite being short is well worth playing (especially for $10).

Dead Rising is loads of fun provided you can get over the extremely restricting save system and the way the game progresses.

The two Tomb Raider games (Legend and Anniversary) are fun too, and $10 or so. Anniversary is the better game, even if it looks like a PS2 port, but Legend is fun as well and still a huge improvement over any other Tomb Raider game of the past ten years.

Mass Effect seems to have toppled in price at various stores, too - I got a copy the other day for $20.

And finally, if you like cars, there is no better purchase than Forza 2, which is ridiculously cheap as a result of being a pack-in title.

roflcoptor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 roflcoptor1989
I'm waiting for the PC version of GTAIV so that I can get all the awesome mods for it.
chcknbopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 chcknbopper
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts
Definitely check out Splinter Cell Double Agent. This is by far my favorite single player game of all time. Its fairly long and is under 10 dollars to buy used. The multiplayer is still going since there has been no sequel yet. Spies vs. mercs never gets old.
fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts
Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3. :)
Skullcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 Skullcandy
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts

The Darkness

Condemned

Crackdown

Everyone keeps saying Dead Rising but I really didn't like that game.

vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
The Darkness. Crackdown, Call of Duty 2 & 3 , Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Raibow Six Vegas 1, Bioshock
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Hitman: Blood Money (so much fun) and Overlord
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
Crackdown, Call of Duty 2, Forza, Dead Rising, both Ghost Recon games. Theres a lot go to your local store and browse the games they have in your price range.
Avatar image for MumblesMcBabble
MumblesMcBabble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MumblesMcBabble
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

Mass Effect seems to have toppled in price at various stores, too - I got a copy the other day for $20.

DJ_Lae

Where?