Gears of War 2: Tired of Lag?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yayyfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 yayyfood
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts

Seriously, who else is fed up with the unbelievable lag that is called Gears of War 2? Not only are half of the games extremely laggy, but there is non stop glitchers, and people who use lag switches. Im actuallly done with playing Gears 2 until they decide to update at least the stupid lag. there are so many things they could patch but the lag should be their number one priority. who else agrees that the lag is just too much and various other glitches are keeping Gears 2 from being fun? Note: Im really just talking about ranked matches, private matches are fine because since their are no cheaters in that its actually fun.

Avatar image for franciscochicho
franciscochicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 franciscochicho
Member since 2008 • 69 Posts
Gears of War 2 has its glitches no doubt about it but i hope the new update coming out fixes at least half of the problems
Avatar image for jamesallenyz431
jamesallenyz431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jamesallenyz431
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts
im sure the lag isnt nearly as bad as MX vs ATV UNtamed. farcry 2 seemed kinda laggy too
hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

I heard there was an update coming out soon that fixes most of the glitches. And yes, there is a lot of lag, more than the first Gears in my opinion.

They gotta fix the two-piecing in some way, it's getting on my nerves, and everyone else too.

Avatar image for ilplaynebody510
ilplaynebody510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ilplaynebody510
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts

Yea that game was shipped when it clearly has exploits...i look at a company like infinity ward...who wont shoot for a RELEASE DATE...EVEN THOUGH THEY MADE SO MUCH $$$ OFF THAT CALL OF DUTY 4....but with there passion to even push a ONLINE BETA...showed how much even a THIRD PARTY GAME CAN DO...i recently just started playin Gears 2 online again...i def feel its still action packed and rewarding...But Glitches, exploits, and ONLINE ISSUES AS WHOLE makes a great game FEEL SUBPAR..and I'm not alone i believe...makes you shy away from it...

BadKarma5g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BadKarma5g
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
Gears2 is growin on me now, the horde is fun but its replay isn't as high as the execution and warzone but its not cool how its first to five, it ends too quick , in gears 1 u could go up to 19 ..wtf happened? it lags and ends too quick but i think it'll be fixed 1 way or another.
blindead05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blindead05
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
yeah, it really pissed me off. they should fix that instead of the new map packs and btw i can't redeem the flashback map pack code. don't know why. any ideas?
captianplanet9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 captianplanet9
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Yes the lag is terrible...but im so addicted to playing the game.. i just block out the lagg with yelling WTF!

blindead05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blindead05
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
wtf? how do you not get lag in the game?
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
I'm sick of the lag but I really hope they fix the invisibility glitch.
BadKarma5g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BadKarma5g
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

start the game then go to downloadable content, i think the redeem code is in there

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts

I fell in love with Horde mode right from the start. I just recently started playing Vs. and I will say this....it needs to be fixed right away. It makes the game so fustrating, if its not host advantage your just lagging so bad that you might as well just stand in the middle of the map with a bullseye on your face. I gave up on it...I go back every now and then to play it. Its just broken, horde mode is great....other than that, I'll just have to spark up matches vs. bots.

Xtix123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xtix123
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts
Yeah, the lag is pretty terrible in the game. I love Gears of war 2 and all, but the lag in the "multiplayer" is so dang terrible man that it isn't funny. Atleast it has CO-OP Campaign and Horde mode to keep me busy before the update. I think games like Halo 3, COD World at War, RSV 2 or basically better multiplayer games.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts

Yeah, the lag is pretty terrible in the game. I love Gears of war 2 and all, but the lag in the "multiplayer" is so dang terrible man that it isn't funny. Atleast it has CO-OP Campaign and Horde mode to keep me busy before the update. I think games like Halo 3, COD World at War, RSV 2 or basically better multiplayer games. Xtix123

I agree, but I gotta say Left 4 Dead is the best multiplayer game out right now. Unless you just want some team deathmatch action.

Avatar image for ilplaynebody510
ilplaynebody510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ilplaynebody510
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
Yea hopefully the patch that epic is working on will address the issues we are discussing!!!
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I was enjoying the game a few weeks back. I had almost no lag and there were no glitchers (at least on most matches). Now, since last week I've been having matches plagued with lag and glitchers seem to be everywhere. I'm starting to get tired of it but hopefully the upcoming patch will fix some of this.
diamond2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 diamond2d
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts
It not the lag thats the issues to me, its how long the matchmaking takes!
Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Double0hFor
Member since 2007 • 394 Posts
Glitches Of War
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
i agree 100%..but there coming pout with a patch for glitches and lag either this month or next month..cant wait...i was actually playing erlier and was getting angry...glithing and also when people use chainsaws and u shoot them nothing happens..its very aggrivating
Scalemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Scalemaster
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
I absolutely agree. When the first Gears came out, it was a good multiplayer game. The lag was minimal as was the host advantage. That all changed with the first update. Since then Gears has been a lackluster frustrating multiplayer gaming experience. I was hoping Gears 2 would fix those issues, but it didn't and in some cases it seems even worse. I quite playing both games altogether and will never buy another Gears game.
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
Gears of War 2 has its glitches no doubt about it but i hope the new update coming out fixes at least half of the problemsfranciscochicho
I'm hoping it puts an end to all these issues as well. It was fun for the first few days and then it slid down hill really quick.
yayyfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yayyfood
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
im glad im not the only one who has a problem with the mess of multiplayer that is gears of war 2. im just tired of the fact that if its not lag, its some form of cheating.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I stopped playing it after 2 weeks that came out which is strange cause I didnt that with the first one too so I guess I wont be buying another game from Epic cause they have riped us off twice so far with games that are broken
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
yea im tired of it, but it's still so fun
kyrissbp82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kyrissbp82
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts
Wow, there has never been a post like this before! I thought that they added lag as a bonus mini-game. Also, if you are entertained by the waiting-in-line-for-a-match 20 minute mini-game in GeoW2, i would also suggest checking out the many wait-in-line-till-you-crack mini-games in PlayStation Home. I do so love waiting in line!
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Come back to the first game, we would love extra people to pwn since there used to waiting an extra half-second to shoot the shotty.
Cpalberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cpalberg
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
im so tired of the lag, and glad you posted this. its sad that i feel lucky when i fire my shotgun and it registers right away. not only is the lag bad, but it takes WAY to long to find a freaking match, seriously they need to fix these issues before the game dies.
robbydeags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 robbydeags
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

it's already dead :(