Gamescore Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

g_a_m_e_r_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 g_a_m_e_r_119
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hey... Just a question. I was playing a game in offline mode with a different gamertag username, and not my own which sucks because all my achievements and Gamescore are under the other user. (I just got my own 360 yesterday, haha so i'm not very far in anything anyway) But is it possible to switch it over or load the game under MY gamertag or do I just have to do it over again? I'm playing Alan Wake at the moment, so it's too much to go through it all again just a pain in the ass. :)
DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

Im afraid you'll have todo it all over again, game saves are linked to a certain gamertag, as are achievements.

g_a_m_e_r_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 g_a_m_e_r_119
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I was afraid so, at least I'm not too far into it. Thanks for the fast response :)
Kaim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Kaim91
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

You can just recover your gamertag. Go to the switch profile screen, then go to "Recover gamertag." Then you just type in the mail adress and password that you used for that gamertag, wait a little while and voila. You will only get your achievements, though. The game saves won't be transfered. You can get those too, though, if you have an Xbox memory unit.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

You can just recover your gamertag. Go to the switch profile screen, then go to "Recover gamertag." Then you just type in the mail adress and password that you used for that gamertag, wait a little while and voila. You will only get your achievements, though. The game saves won't be transfered. You can get those too, though, if you have an Xbox memory unit.

Kaim91

This wouldn't make any difference as the OP is talking about two different gamertags, not one. You can't merge two gamertags or recover achievements from one GT to another.

As a sidenote, if you recover your gamertag before going online, you will lose all the achievements you earned while offline. I wouldn't recommend this process unless it's absolutely necessary as it's only really meant to be used for if your old account got hacked, corrupted etc.

Kaim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Kaim91
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaim91"]

skooks

This wouldn't make any difference as the OP is talking about two different gamertags, not one. You can't merge two gamertags or recover achievements from one GT to another.

As a sidenote, if you recover your gamertag before going online, you will lose all the achievements you earned while offline. I wouldn't recommend this process unless it's absolutely necessary as it's only really meant to be used for if your old account got hacked, corrupted etc.

"I was playing a game in offline mode with a different gamertag username, and not my own which sucks because all my achievements and Gamescore are under the other user."

This made me think that he wanted his achievements from his own user, and as such, I gave him the method to do so. If I misunderstood, then so be it :P