Games for Gold April 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Hey all,

So Microsoft have announced their Games for Gold promotion for April (which is double the games, but, apparently this is not going to be a long term offer where we get double the standard amount).

For Xbox One, the games are:

Pool Nation FX

Child Of Light

For Xbox 360, the games are:

1st April - 15th April

Gears of War Judgement

Terraria

16th April - 30th April

Assassins Creed Black Flag

Army Of Two: The Devils Cartel

More details can be found here courtesy of Major Nelson.

Discuss!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I already own them all but Pool Nation. Dang.

Not a great showing on Xbone, but good show for the old 360 I say.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Unfortunately my XBL ran out, I wanted Child of Light.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'll definitely pick up Child of Light.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

You can always purchase a 1 month subscription to download it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidTy

@raugutcon said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Yes, he could (MSRP for one month is $7.99, also it should be noted many retailers like Gamestop no longer carry one month), but he said he wanted the game, not temporarily play it. After the one month of XBLG expires, he wouldn't be able to play or own Child of Light on Xbone. Child of Light is an offering of Xbone's GWG.

Links:

http://www.geek.com/games/xbox-one-games-with-gold-become-unplayable-if-you-stop-paying-for-xbox-live-1595438/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-14-xbox-ones-games-with-gold-programme-requires-you-stay-subscribed

I know I've seen Child Of Light on sale for $6 for Steam and $6 PSN recently, and $7.50 for Xbone (during Xmas day sale). If he wants to own it without restrictions that way, it'll pop up again on sale definitely.

If I were to recommend a renewal of XBLG, I would recommend the one year, not a single month, as one year is the best value. Just in case, you can of course get deals, but the XBLG one year is still the best value pound for pound, deal for deal.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Some good games offered this month.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raugutcon

@SolidTy: more jibber jabber ?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidTy

@raugutcon: No, both of your posts are off topic jibber jabber though. There was no need for you to try and randomy attack...

That's puzzling behaviour since I was very polite to you although I knew your advice wasn't good (because you don't own an Xbone according to you in another thread). It makes sense that a non-Xbone user would give bad Xbone advice, but it doesn't make sense that a non-Xbone user is giving bad Xbone advice in the first place.

You gave a user poor advice and seemed completely unaware GWG games require a subscription on Xbone.

That didn't seem fair to the Xbox board or user, so I simply corrected your misinformation. If you learned something great, if not, it was also for everyone else reading. Many people don't know the changes to GWG on Xbone. If you choose to post misinformation and attack other users for being correct, it is you with the problem.

@SolidTy said:

@raugutcon said:

Yes, he could (MSRP for one month is $7.99, also it should be noted many retailers like Gamestop no longer carry one month), but he said he wanted the game, not temporarily play it. After the one month of XBLG expires, he wouldn't be able to play or own Child of Light on Xbone. Child of Light is an offering of Xbone's GWG.

Links:

http://www.geek.com/games/xbox-one-games-with-gold-become-unplayable-if-you-stop-paying-for-xbox-live-1595438/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-14-xbox-ones-games-with-gold-programme-requires-you-stay-subscribed

I know I've seen Child Of Light on sale for $6 for Steam and $6 PSN recently, and $7.50 for Xbone (during Xmas day sale). If he wants to own it without restrictions that way, it'll pop up again on sale definitely.

If I were to recommend a renewal of XBLG, I would recommend the one year, not a single month, as one year is the best value. Just in case, you can of course get deals, but the XBLG one year is still the best value pound for pound, deal for deal.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 raugutcon

@SolidTy: and you keep doing it . You really need to seek professional help for that OCD.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy
@raugutcon said:

@SolidTy: and you keep doing it . You really need to seek professional help for that OCD.

You are still off topic attacking me with random ad hominems instead of commenting on my actual information.

U still mad? I'm not out to get you or anyone.

I didn't attack you for being wrong in my first post. I just corrected your misinformation as it was obvious you don't understand how GWG works on Xbone. You were incorrect and I simply corrected the misinformation, not just for you, but for the user you gave poor advice too.

No need to thank me for doing my civic duty. Your denial phase is preventing acceptance that you were wrong.

Perhaps you would prefer if people wouldn't correct misinformation in public forums? Seems inefficient. Next time just be gracious when corrected, especially as I did it politely.

I could have easily been short with you and posted:

You are wrong to suggest one month of XBLG for XBONE and here's why:

Please don't mistake my manners for weakness. Ultimately, I'm making sure someone doesn't go blow their money on a product without understanding the consequences or adhering to bad advice given by a user that doesn't even own an Xbone. It's not a big deal like you make it out to be by attacking in this uncouth manner.

I have no beef with you, so re-read my first post and see my intention in all it's glory. It's a riveting post full of action, adventure, and dare I say it, perhaps even bromance.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#12 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

I'll be getting all those..Probably won't be in a rush to actually playing them but will do so if bored. Pretty good list overall IMO.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Can we please calm down, and stick to the topic at hand. I appreciate both of your advice that was given.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

At the very least they should have better paid deals to make up for the shitty free games, but even then they're pretty hit and miss.

Dagxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dagxton
Member since 2015 • 157 Posts

The only one from that list I can see myself actually getting is Black Flag

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I hardly buy any games on XBLA so for me XBL gold is great.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I already got Army of Two, but I'm looking foward to Judgement!!

mpl911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By mpl911
Member since 2005 • 1223 Posts

I tried Child of Light after seeing a lot of good reviews for it. Gave it an hour or so but it's not really my thing. Looks great etc, but didn't hold my interest. Did get GoW Judgement on my 360 as will prob play some horde / co-op with a mate and will get Army of Two for the same reason. I have Black Flag for the One and haven't really played it yet so won't bother with the 360 version.

Did d/l PoolnationFX tho - which is superb...def recommend you get that if you have any interest in pool. it's really addictive.